The Amazon Cash Thread

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This thread is mainly for discussing turning Gamestop credit into Amazon credit. There are a variety of other stores participating in this program.

Gamestop was just added, so not employees may know about this yet.

Get your barcode here - https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14583169011

MzcpqUE.png

FAQ from Amazon's website

1) What is Amazon Cash?

Amazon Cash lets you add cash to your Amazon Balance at thousands of participating convenience, grocery, and drug stores by purchasing and automatically claiming an Amazon.com Gift Card to your account. To use, visit a participating store, show the cashier your barcode to scan, and then pay the amount you want to add to your Amazon Balance. It’s simple, quick, and there are no fees. Your Amazon Balance can be used to shop for millions of eligible physical products and digital content. Learn more from the Amazon.com Balance and Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions.

2) Where can I add funds to my Amazon Balance using Amazon Cash?

We have partnered with thousands of stores across the country, including CVS Pharmacy®, Speedway, Sheetz, Kum & Go, D&W Fresh Market, Family Fare Supermarkets, and VG's Grocery with more retailers coming soon. A directory of all participating stores can be found at www.amazon.com/cash.

3) Does Amazon Cash cost anything to use?

No, there are no fees to use Amazon Cash.

4) Are there limits to how much I can add to my Amazon Balance in an Amazon Cash transaction?

Yes, you can only add an amount between $15 and $500 in a single Amazon Cash transaction. Daily limits also apply and may vary by retailer.

5) What is the difference between my Amazon Balance and my Gift Card Balance?

Nothing. These are two different names for the same cumulative stored value balance you have available for use on Amazon.com.

6) When can I use the funds I've added using Amazon Cash? How will I know when they are ready for use?

Funds are available immediately after the cashier hands you a receipt for your transaction. We will send a confirmation notification to the email address or phone number registered to the account. If you have Amazon’s Mobile App notifications enabled, you will receive a push notification confirming your transaction. At any time, you can also view your Amazon Balance activity under Your Account.

7) Will I have one barcode for all locations?

Yes, you will only need one Amazon Cash barcode linked to your account. This barcode can be used every time you want to use Amazon Cash and there is no need to generate a new code each time.

8) Do I always have to navigate to the View Barcode page on Amazon.com or the Amazon App to use Amazon Cash?

No. When you generate your barcode on your smartphone you have the option to save it to your digital wallet (for iOS users) or add a shortcut to your home screen (for Android users).

9) How do I get quick access to my Amazon Cash barcode?
From the Amazon Cash barcode page in the Amazon App:
Android - Select “Add to Home Screen” to create a shortcut on your smartphone’s home screen.
iOS - Select “Add to Apple Wallet” to store your Amazon Cash barcode in your smartphone’s digital wallet.

10) What should I do if my barcode won’t scan?

If your barcode is not scanning, please make sure your phone’s brightness is set to the highest value and then retry. If you are still having issues with the barcode being scanned, we suggest using our Print-at-Home option which you can access by visiting www.amazon.com/cash on a desktop browser and selecting “Get your barcode”. Here you will be given an option to print out your barcode which can be brought into the store for scanning.

11) What if I do not have a smartphone and want to use Amazon Cash?

It is not necessary to have a smartphone to use Amazon Cash. You can use our Print-at-Home option by visiting www.amazon.com/cash on a desktop browser and selecting “Get your barcode”. After logging into your account, you will be given an option to print out your Amazon Cash barcode which can be brought into the store for scanning.

12) How can I use Amazon Cash if my phone’s screen is cracked?

Unfortunately, there is no way for a cashier to type in your barcode manually. If your Amazon Cash barcode cannot be read by the scanner due to your phone being cracked, we suggest using our Print-at-Home option described in the previous FAQ. Learn more by visiting www.amazon.com/cash on your desktop browser.

13) How do I get a refund?

Amazon Cash transactions are non-refundable, except as required by law. Learn more from the Amazon.com Balance and Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions.

14) Who do I call if my Amazon Balance is incorrect or if the funds I added have not appeared in my Amazon Balance?

Once payment occurs in store, make sure you receive a receipt for the Amazon Cash transaction from the cashier. If for any reason your Amazon Cash transaction is not listed on the receipt as a specific line item, please work with the store’s customer service to troubleshoot. If you have a receipt confirming the transaction but funds have not been loaded into your account within 15 minutes of payment, please check your balance activity on Amazon.com. If you are still not seeing your Amazon Cash transaction listed, please keep your receipt safe for record-keeping and contact Amazon Customer Service.

15) How can I view my Amazon Cash transaction history?

This can be done in the Amazon app by going to Your Account on Amazon.com and visiting “Manage Gift Card Balance” under the Amazon Wallet section. When viewing Your Account on your desktop computer, visit "View Gift Card Balance and Activity" to see your Amazon Balance and transaction history.

16) I am a retailer who wants to work with Amazon Cash - how can I contact the Amazon Cash team?

Please email us with your contact information at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your efforts in writing up this FAQ, this should be helpful for many and keep the topic of discussion in the other thread more separate. :)

Did this for the first time at a local CVS about two weeks or so ago.  Didn't get the $5 or whatever incentive it was to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Amazon Cash promo straight from SD:

Amazon Cash - Add $20, get a $10 Amazon credit at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse....4583169011
Promotion Details
Amazon Cash is the fast, no fee way to add cash to your Amazon Balance and is currently available at thousands of stores including GameStop, CVS Pharmacy, KwikTrip, Fred's Pharmacy, Cumberland Farms, and more.
For a limited time, add $20 or more to your Amazon Balance with Amazon Cash and earn a $10 Amazon Credit towards your next purchase from Amazon.com. Your discount will automatically be applied at checkout. This is a limited time offer, one per Amazon customer account. The promotional credit expires on August 31, 2017.

Promotion Terms and Conditions:
Amazon Cash transaction must occur between 12:01 am (PT) on June 12, 2017 and 11:59 pm (PT) July 31, 2017.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10 off products sold by amazon.com.
You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.
Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August, 31, 2017.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

bread's done
Back