The anti-deal: Persona 4 at EB

Ashground

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Most EBs should have Persona 4 in today, sans preorder artbook (I was told the artbook should be in in a day or two). However, they're selling it for $49.99 instead of the $39.99 (which is the MSRP), which is a pain for anyone who didn't pay it off already.

No problem, though: their website lists it for $39.99. Just print off the page (either http://ebgames.ca/ps2/ or http://ebgames.ca/ps2/sf2.asp should do) and you shouldn't have any trouble getting them to honour it.

Of course, if you're willing to wait a couple days, amazon.ca has it for $35.99, but that doesn't help those who preordered with EB.

(Edit: sneaky CAG, automatically changing amazon.ca links to referrer links... I had never noticed that before)

[quote name='TronB']I read on a different site that Canadians who ordered it from Amazon did get the artbook.[/quote]

I can confirm this, I got mine today with the soundtrack and the artbook.

awesome! so cheap amazon price + artbook = I win :mrgreen:

Although, the book wasn't damaged en route was it?

Nope, the artbook and the game were bundled together in a padded envelope, which was inside a box with the DVD I had ordered with it (so that I could get free shipping and the $10 coupon). The artbook was in perfect condition, no bent corners or anything of the sort.

Nice Hard Gay avatar btw ;) フー!

I didn't even see any notice that the artbook came with the game from Amazon.ca. It's highly likely that you will get the artbook if you order it soon though.

I ordered mine on Wednesday and got it today (Friday) along with the artbook. Now I have two copies of it! It held up pretty good except for a minor wavy deformation due to the temperature outside.

As usual there are no Canadian sources for DoubleJump books (AFAIK). I ordered the guide direct from DJ. If you pre-ordered with them shipping was only ~$5USD up to Canada (it's ~$12 now). Next up would be Amazon.com, they ship books up to Canada. A single book has like $8 for shipping though, so when I use them I try to find a couple things to make it a bit more reasonable... Perhaps Goomba could get them a bit cheaper somehow, but shipping ain't super cheap on books and he'd likely have to pay taxes if he bought it somewhere.

Just got P4 (with the art book!) today. :D

The baseball prospectus 2008 book I got as filler is like a phone book so the box was larger than it needed to be, heh.

just got P4 in the mail as well. Just like the above posters, I got the artbook too even though i ordered on the 17th!. For those of you still considering, just get it! The worst that could happen is that you'll get the game for $19-$24 cheaper than EB!

Thanks Ragnar14,

I used the MAPNEWNCSAVE code + a filler item (for free shipping). All together it came to $35.56 with taxes. Hopefully they send an art book, even if they don't, this is still an awesome deal :)

[quote name='ragnar14']Yeah the $10 off coupon still works, but they might have changed it's code a little. I think I just used MAPNEWNCSAVE the other day. And when you need a filler item, remember, there is a Canadian filler item site:
http://www.filleritem.com/ca.html[/quote]

Hey Guys,

I ordered Persona 4 from amazon.ca on Jan. 2 and got the game this week with the artbook. So if you want the artbook you still might get lucky.

I pre-order it from Amazon.ca and it was listed $34.99 and I got the special book with it. :)

EB pre-order don't stick to the price unless you paid full amount from the start. I did preorder Fallout 3 CE and they charge me $89.99 when it was $79.99 elsewhere.

I finally got my artbook from EB Games today after going in and asking about it myself. I wish they would have called me when the book arrived like they claimed they were going to when I got the game a month ago. Oh well.

I pre-ordered mine from EB, specifically asked if pre-orders got the artbook - and was told yes, went to buy it when it came in, was told the artbook was first come, first serve and that I was too late.

After not getting a reasonable answer about why I was lied to, said "fuck you" to the staff, walked across the street to the local used/indie store, and bought it off the shelf, *with* artbook, for $45.

The lesson is support your local game store and don't buy from EB.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']
After not getting a reasonable answer about why I was lied to, said "fuck you" to the staff, walked across the street to the local used/indie store, and bought it off the shelf, *with* artbook, for $45.

The lesson is support your local game store and don't buy from EB.[/quote]

Right on!

bread's done
Back