The Beatles: Rock Band (360, Wii, PS3) preorder $57 @ Amazon

abilyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Amazon's dropped the price of preorders for The Beatles: Rock Band for 360, Wii, and PS3 to $56.99. Thanks to drock for the heads up on the PS3 price, which dropped only recently.

Not a huge savings by itself, but if you're an ECA member, you can use a 10% off coupon to drop the price down to $51.29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless a sweet preorder deal pops up, I'll probably just buy this in the store to have it on release day.

I never owned Rock band but need this Beatles game. What is the best course to pick up the game and instruments? Everything separate, or should I buy one of the earlier bundles and then the Beatles game? I obviously will not be buying the $250 bundle.

[quote name='somahead33']I never owned Rock band but need this Beatles game. What is the best course to pick up the game and instruments? Everything separate, or should I buy one of the earlier bundles and then the Beatles game? I obviously will not be buying the $250 bundle.[/quote]

With all the deals going on now at various B&M and some online retailers, definitely try and go the route of picking up various cheap sets. Seperately is economically feasible now. As a huge fan of the Rock Band series (and GH2 for that matter), I highly suggest checking out at least one of those games anyway.

[quote name='somahead33']I never owned Rock band but need this Beatles game. What is the best course to pick up the game and instruments? Everything separate, or should I buy one of the earlier bundles and then the Beatles game? I obviously will not be buying the $250 bundle.[/quote]

The Gamestop Guitar Hero Aerosmith + Guitar for $10 deal is a good way to pick up an instrument or two. I actually like the wired controller the best over all the guitars out there.

Personally, I would pick up the Toys R Us deal of "Guitar Hero: World Tour" and Guitar for $50 dollars. That wireless guitar is the biggest and (IMO) BEST of the guitars included with any game.

Then, for drums, if you're not interested in the Ringo ones, pick up the Mad Catz portable Rock Band drum set, so you can keep things portable. I bought mine for $20 bucks, so they can be found cheap!

Microphones are easy enough.

For the second guitar though, I would wait and see what the guitars look like that the Beatle Rock Band game are going to sell, if you really just want to keep things cheap - Get the Guitar Hero: Aerosmith with a free Xplorer for 10 bucks this week.

Personally I am getting the bundle because I want the Ringo Beatles branded drums and the Paul Hofner bass. Although, if they come out with some sort of Lennon guitar that is VERY cool I might get that instead!

I really really really wish this game could be imported into Rock Band 2. Or that Rock Band 2 could be imported into this game with all the downloads.

[quote name='javeryh']I really really really wish this game could be imported into Rock Band 2. Or that Rock Band 2 could be imported into this game with all the downloads.[/QUOTE]Have they officially said that you can't yet?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Have they officially said that you can't yet?[/quote]

They've been very "no comment" about exporting/any RB platform compatibility of both this game and the Lego game.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']$57 for a Wii game?!? No thank you.[/quote]

Since when are wii games this much?! I think I might have to pass on this one, thanks OP.
pixel.gif

I am amused to the point of shock that they are going to try to sell this bundle for $250. If its not a limited production item, I expect to see lots of these bundles taking up store real estate, and the price drops to shower down.

Also, here's hoping they have Revolution #9 on the track list.

[quote name='mrfossey']With all the deals going on now at various B&M and some online retailers, definitely try and go the route of picking up various cheap sets. Seperately is economically feasible now. As a huge fan of the Rock Band series (and GH2 for that matter), I highly suggest checking out at least one of those games anyway.[/quote]

it also depends on which system you will want to get it for. not all instruments will be compatible with all rockband's and guitar hero's. check this out to see the compatibility matrix for instruments vs platforms:

linky

[quote name='safire']I am amused to the point of shock that they are going to try to sell this bundle for $250. If its not a limited production item, I expect to see lots of these bundles taking up store real estate, and the price drops to shower down.[/quote]

The whole reason it's $250 is because they throw in two guitars. Rock band 2 kit only includes 1 guitar and retails for $189.99, and the guitars retail for $69.99. So the initial sticker price seems high, but it kind of makes sense. Plus you get a Mic stand which goes for another $20, Plus they are all limited edition recreations of the Beatles guitars. That said, its still a lot of money, even $190 is a lot. If i hadn't gotten a deal on the set, i probably wouldn't own RB2 right now.

[quote name='abilyk']Amazon's dropped the price of preorders for The Beatles: Rock Band for 360 and for Wii to $56.99. PS3 version is still full price.

Not a huge savings by itself, but if you're an ECA member, you can use a 10% off coupon to drop the price down to $51.29.
344.jpg
[/quote]
Awesome the Beatles Rockband! I had no clue a Beatles one was being released. I can't wait to play this. OMG im so excited!!:bouncy:

[quote name='capttylor34']The whole reason it's $250 is because they throw in two guitars. Rock band 2 kit only includes 1 guitar and retails for $189.99, and the guitars retail for $69.99. So the initial sticker price seems high, but it kind of makes sense. Plus you get a Mic stand which goes for another $20, Plus they are all limited edition recreations of the Beatles guitars. That said, its still a lot of money, even $190 is a lot. If i hadn't gotten a deal on the set, i probably wouldn't own RB2 right now.[/quote]

Just consider that for the price of rock band beatles and the 3 controllers, mic, and whatever else, you can buy a brand new wii or xbox 360. the 2 just don't seem comparable to me.

[quote name='safire']Just consider that for the price of rock band beatles and the 3 controllers, mic, and whatever else, you can buy a brand new wii or xbox 360. the 2 just don't seem comparable to me.[/quote]

But also keep in mind that if you've bought 4 games at retail, you could have bought a brand new wii or 360. Manufactures usually don't make money on their original hardware (nintendo's actually breaking the rules on that one), they make their money on add-ons and software. It's not that this kit is too expensive, games in general are too expensive/ $60 a pop for a game is steep for me. On top of that games are getting shorter due to skyrocketting production costs. Thats why CAG rocks, it makes this hobby affordable.

[quote name='capttylor34']The whole reason it's $250 is because they throw in two guitars. Rock band 2 kit only includes 1 guitar and retails for $189.99, and the guitars retail for $69.99. So the initial sticker price seems high, but it kind of makes sense. Plus you get a Mic stand which goes for another $20, Plus they are all limited edition recreations of the Beatles guitars. That said, its still a lot of money, even $190 is a lot. If i hadn't gotten a deal on the set, i probably wouldn't own RB2 right now.[/quote]
The press release only mentions one guitar.
http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayR...STORY=/www/story/04-16-2009/0005007243&EDATE=

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The press release only mentions one guitar.
http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayR...STORY=/www/story/04-16-2009/0005007243&EDATE=[/QUOTE]Yeah I'm pretty sure they're just charging a premium for style and collectibility. They've been very deliberate about mentioning the Hofner Bass by name... I'm pretty sure if there was a second stylized guitar controller in there, they'd be saying something about it by now.

[quote name='RMThompson']Personally, I would pick up the Toys R Us deal of "Guitar
Then, for drums, if you're not interested in the Ringo ones, pick up the Mad Catz portable Rock Band drum set, so you can keep things portable. I bought mine for $20 bucks, so they can be found cheap!
[/QUOTE]
The drum pedal for the portable drum set is...bad. I would buy the actual drum set (the ones with a stand)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']In for none. fuck the Beatles. Yeah, I said it![/quote]

This might blow your mind, but

no

one

gives

a

shit.

Anyway, pre-ordered my copy. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='kennistond']I just got the 360 version with the ECA Discount. I can always cancel if I have to but for $51, that's awesome.[/quote]

Sure is!

N.gif

Anyone know if the 10% off ESA discount (cant find the link right now) would apply to the limited edition beatles rock band bundle?

[quote name='Arakias']Anyone know if the 10% off ESA discount (cant find the link right now) would apply to the limited edition beatles rock band bundle?[/quote]

It does. I tested it to see and it took the 10% off.

bread's done
Back