The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle - (360 & PS3) $101.23 @ Amazon

kaiho

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
The Wii version was very limited. Xbox you can find anywhere. I almost bought one for $64 at Target then decided it wasn't worth spending money for a used Xbox at GS that I would only use for this game.

whoa, that's the best ps3 so far i think. i'd be all over this if playing the instruments (besides drums) contributed in some way to real world playing. enough w/ natal/move garbage. why can't some developer make a game (keyboard perhaps) that mirror's real world ability?

i listened to the rebel fm or giant bombcast a couple of days ago and they were talking about some walmart guitar company that was trying this approach w/ some goofy results. i hope more developers at least TRY to make a real music sim.

Dunno, I was going to buy a new kit and crap once it became cheaper but, I'm going to hold off.

With Rock Band 3 scheduled to come out at the end of this year I'm going to wait for the probably VERY EXPENSIVE guessing $300-400 full kit and get that instead.

Still, a decent deal since they were selling RB2 full kits for a similar price like a year ago or something.

[quote name='PublikDefender']whoa, that's the best ps3 so far i think. i'd be all over this if playing the instruments (besides drums) contributed in some way to real world playing. enough w/ natal/move garbage. why can't some developer make a game (keyboard perhaps) that mirror's real world ability?

i listened to the rebel fm or giant bombcast a couple of days ago and they were talking about some walmart guitar company that was trying this approach w/ some goofy results. i hope more developers at least TRY to make a real music sim.[/QUOTE]

Rock Band 3 is confirmed to do just this with string guitars and notes for the keyboard: http://kotaku.com/5559801/rock-band-3-teaches-you-to-rock-with-real-guitars--keyboards

Ugh, and here I only want the game and a new guitar. I know $100 is STILL a good deal just for that, but I really can't justify buying the whole set when I'll never use the drums or mic.

[quote name='PublikDefender']whoa, that's the best ps3 so far i think.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Target also clearanced the PS3 version and I got mine for $62.xx.

If I also want the Rock Band 2 game, is there any reason not to get the Rock Band 2 bundle for $89 plus the stand-alone Beatles game? Is there anything, instrument-wise, available in the Beatles bundle that's not in the RB2 bundle?

[quote name='Ben7H']If I also want the Rock Band 2 game, is there any reason not to get the Rock Band 2 bundle for $89 plus the stand-alone Beatles game? Is there anything, instrument-wise, available in the Beatles bundle that's not in the RB2 bundle?[/QUOTE]

Just the mic stand, as far as I know. You may want to compare the replica Beatles guitar (bass?) with the RB2 guitar. I gather they are the same quality-wise, but they are shaped differently.

I picked this up for $62.xx at Target. Still haven't opened it. I'm sure it will drop more on Amazon. These things are big and take up a lot of space.

Anyone interested in going in with me on this? Only interested in the 360 guitar- if you want the rest, name a price shipped?

Super tempting, I wonder if it'll drop any any lower? RB3 gets announced with all that fancy new stuff, but I really like The Beatles. Hummmmmmm.

i bit on this deal on Wednesday and just received the bundle today. I have to say this game is really amazing and has a great atmosphere. I've never owned a full band GH/RB before buying this game but I'm enjoying it so far.

[quote name='shadowkast']I just want the guitar and game bundle at a clearance price point[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't exist.

Sooo tempting. I mostly want the drums since my RB1 drum pedal broke about a year ago and those drums are shitty compared to the newer ones nowadays anyway... at least I think they are.

[quote name='SDC']Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]
well I'm a fool. Coulda swore there was a guitar/game only bundle.....my bad

[quote name='crunchewy']Hey that sounds pretty awesome. I'm learning guitar now, and if this could really help me learn, that would be awesome. But I'm skeptical. I wish I could see the guitars.[/QUOTE]
Me too! i woke up this morning and rb 3 news is all over destructoid and screwattack wtf!

This is an incredible deal, hell, it was an awesome deal when I got it for $125 at launch... gotta admit I'm pissed now that it's less than when I got it, so much for being limited.

[quote name='BarrettSan']Argh! This is my price point, but thanks to becoming a homebuyer, the money has dried up![/QUOTE]

so true...... I’m always broke now that I mortgage a house. put a $90,000 down payment and never got my $8,000 fthb tax credit!!!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='thegreek'][...] put a $90,000 down payment [...][/QUOTE]

:shock:

On a Rock Band related note: I've never actually played any of the Rock Band games and planned on "cutting my teeth" on the Beatles RB setup. Will the RB2 eq work with RB3 when it comes out? I know you'd have to get the upgraded pieces if you wanted to play the strings, but...

On a Rock Band related note: I've never actually played any of the Rock Band games and planned on "cutting my teeth" on the Beatles RB setup. Will the RB2 eq work with RB3 when it comes out? I know you'd have to get the upgraded pieces if you wanted to play the strings, but...

Yeah, all Rock Band equipment is confirmed to work in RB3. You'll only be missing out on the new "Pro mode" which will require cymbals for your set and the new stringed guitar. You'll be completely set if you purchase the Beatles bundle (sans the keyboard of course)

Hmmm...IIRC they had a PS3 bundle on warehouse deals a couple of weeks ago at $72.99, and I still passed it up. After getting the 360 version for $52 or $62 (can't remember) at Target on clearance, I figure I'll wait to get a PS3 version around that price point.

I'm betting amazon will have these in the gold box/DOTD sometime in the future as they probably have a glut of them.

bread's done
Back