The Beatles Stereo Remastred DRM

I don't have the money for the remasters now, but I really doubt that a release this big and this long in the making would have DRM that would prevent you from ripping it. I know it has been ripped - I saw leaks floating around the internet last week - and I also know that if there was something wrong, you'd have heard about it already.

you can always *ahem* acquire the mp3s AND purchase the cd's. i know for sure that the mp3's i have are perfectly fine.

I picked up both box sets and have already ripped them both. Neither have DRM. They rip perfectly fine.

I was using EAC, which I doubt matters, but you should be using that anyway.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']I picked up both box sets and have already ripped them both. Neither have DRM. They rip perfectly fine.

I was using EAC, which I doubt matters, but you should be using that anyway.[/QUOTE]
noob question..ECA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there some court case that made it so labels couldn't put DRM on CDs to prevent them from being ripped as it was fair use? Or that installing the software on the PC to prevent it (which was how most CD DRM worked) was illegal as it was like a viral attack or something?

I seem to recall something like that a few years back, and it's been a few years since I had any issues ripping a CD.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Wasn't there some court case that made it so labels couldn't put DRM on CDs to prevent them from being ripped as it was fair use? Or that installing the software on the PC to prevent it (which was how most CD DRM worked) was illegal as it was like a viral attack or something?

I seem to recall something like that a few years back, and it's been a few years since I had any issues ripping a CD.[/QUOTE]
yeah there was i am just being extra carful because of the past attitudes the owners of beatles music have been

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']Thanks I am downloading it now. Looks a little advanced but I am sure I can find a good tutorial online.[/QUOTE]

EAC is definitely the best and takes a bit of time to master. There are plenty of tutorials for it online. I'll try to dig one up for you later.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Wasn't there some court case that made it so labels couldn't put DRM on CDs to prevent them from being ripped as it was fair use? Or that installing the software on the PC to prevent it (which was how most CD DRM worked) was illegal as it was like a viral attack or something?

I seem to recall something like that a few years back, and it's been a few years since I had any issues ripping a CD.[/QUOTE]

Sony had a Rootkit that was the same as a virus. It installed without asking and prohibited copying the music. It also created a hole in windows that allowed for a takeover of your machine.

The Fair Use claim is false, however. There's an interesting debate going on about fair use, because by law you are granted the ability to make backups by the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, but in the DMCA, you also are not allowed to circumvent copyright protection. Thats what makes DVD Rippers with macrovision removal illegal, even though you can use it to just duplicate what you already own.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I ripped my boxset to itunes and everything was fine.[/QUOTE]
It's great to see some Beatles fans here. Thanks for the replies on EAC it works great.

I'm currently ripping my copy of the mono boxset. Haven't had any problems so far except the tracks don't come with album art.

[quote name='mrlokievil']I'm currently ripping my copy of the mono boxset. Haven't had any problems so far except the tracks don't come with album art.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just copy and pasted from amazon.

bread's done
Back