The benefit of no standard HD for the 360

extremep

CAGiversary!
Yes I'm just as pissed as everyone else that the industry is taking a step backwards by not including a standard HD, but there is a bright side to all this. As long as consoles don't include large internal storage, no one can turn them into PC-like monsters that need to have software and games "installed" and their OS upgraded every two weeks. Especially Microsoft.

Also, Shrike was talking about how the HD has been used in both the Xbox and the PS2. Other than being a huge memory card in the Xbox, it sounds like the major use was for caching. Maybe consoles should include some flash memory built-in for this, but if you take that step I guess you might as well just add more RAM. That brings up another point, developers have complained about the 64 MB RAM limitation in the Xbox. With RAM up to 512 MB now, will they really need the HD as much as they did last time?

I'm just really bummed at the whole downloadable content. Now just games maps and such the whole marketplace that Microsoft explained about back during E3. If the HD is not the standard then it will be an even harder decision to make the downloadable content later in a games life if they no that not everyone can benefit.

bread's done
Back