The BEST burger...

^
if i want to have the shits...but they are awesome @ 3am

I dig Red Robin's burger...slightly cheaper would be In & Out. neither of which crazy fancy. just decent burgers.

hmmm Fast Eddies in Walla Walla WA has bomb burgers...
or Bern's in Prosser, WA, yum! Huge burgers fresh fries and a relish bar with 7 kinds of mustard including Mt Dew mustard

Best Fast Food: Carl's Jr. (Pretty much all of them are great.)
Best Non-Fast Food: Manny's California Fresh in Stockton, CA. (Get the Old Timer Burger!)

Being a student on a budget.. the best burgers to me are the best cheap bang for your bucks. Thus:

The Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr - $6.

McCormick's happy hour burger - $2.

chain - Culvers (though it is a regional chain)
local joint - toss up between Big Star, my dad's uncle's joint, The Spot or Andy's Dive-In (all landmarks here in Kenosha)

Pie n' Burger out in Pasadena. Best burgers ever. Best pie too. How can you beat a place that makes everything from scratch?

In N Out double double animalized burger with an extra request of the buns being toasty. I live in VA, so when I go visit my sister in CA I tend to eat In N Out alot.

Don't have an overall favorite.

I like Cheeburger, Cheeburger a lot. Five Guys is good, probably the best as far as fast food burgers.

Red Robin is damn good, pricey but I'm not a cheap ass when it comes to food. Ruby Tuesday has some good ones.

Lots of good ones I've had at various local pubs and beer bars etc.

I've never gotten the obsession with In 'n Out. Tried it several times when in CA for work. Just another crappy fast food burger, not bad for the price but can't hold a candle to Five Guys and much less to the more expensive burgers in sit down places. And again I'm not a cheap ass with food, and I'm pretty snobby with food and drink. Probably would have liked it more when I was a poor undergrad and couldn't eat out much.

"I've never gotten the obsession with In 'n Out. Tried it several times when in CA for work. Just another crappy fast food burger, not bad for the price but can't hold a candle to Five Guys and much less to the more expensive burgers in sit down places."

Damn I guess it's time to get out of CA. I can't imagine a burger better than In-N-Out, considering it's already godly-tasting to me.

[quote name='kube00']hmmm Fast Eddies in Walla Walla WA has bomb burgers...
or Bern's in Prosser, WA, yum! Huge burgers fresh fries and a relish bar with 7 kinds of mustard including Mt Dew mustard[/QUOTE]

Ever been to Miner's in Yakima. Good stuff there.

[quote name='mac101010']
Damn I guess it's time to get out of CA. I can't imagine a burger better than In-N-Out, considering it's already godly-tasting to me.[/QUOTE]

Just a matter of what you like. I don't like fast food burgers in general, and especially ones like that with little thin pieces of crappy beef (have to get the double to have anywhere near enough meat) and standard toppings.

I'd rather pay more and get a nice thick 1/2 lb or more burger, good cheese and veggies on it etc.

But that said, even for fast food burgers I'd take Five Guys, a Whopper or Angus burger from BK, or a Thickburger from Hardee's over In 'n Out any day.

RedRobin-31Jan09_15.jpg

This burger is from Red Robin. It is called the Royal Red Robin and it has bacon and an egg on it. This place also has unlimited garlic parmesan fries.

It was 8 years ago, my first week in New York. And for a kid from Minnesota, the big city was a scary place. So I went for a walk in the big scary city, and I discovered something amazing. It wasn't scary at all. And then, right when I started to get a little hungry, I turned the corner, and there it was. The tiniest little burger joint you ever saw, tucked between a taxidermist and a XXX bookstore. So, I went inside, and I ordered the Burger.

Unfortunately, we could never find the place again. Eight years have passed, and still no burger.

For fast food my favorite is Five Guys:
Cheeseburger w/ lettuce, tomato, grilled mushrooms & A1 sauce or
Cheeseburger w/ lettuce, tomato, jalapenos & hot sauce

I also like the Eri burger they serve at McDonalds in Japan (think fish fillet w/ shrimp instead of fish)

The Triple Double burger from ESPNZone in Vegas. Add some of their thick smoky BBQ sauce, and hello mouthgasm!

[quote name='TimPV3']It was 8 years ago, my first week in New York. And for a kid from Minnesota, the big city was a scary place. So I went for a walk in the big scary city, and I discovered something amazing. It wasn't scary at all. And then, right when I started to get a little hungry, I turned the corner, and there it was. The tiniest little burger joint you ever saw, tucked between a taxidermist and a XXX bookstore. So, I went inside, and I ordered the Burger.

Unfortunately, we could never find the place again. Eight years have passed, and still no burger.[/QUOTE]

I love this burger so much, I want to sew my ass shut.

Yea Dante Devil I know where Miner's is, haven't been yet. I'm sure one of these days when I'm in town for work I'll have to stop by and eat there. I hear its a little pricey but its worth it.

Whataburger is the best, fast food burger I've ever had. But that deliciousness is only available to folks in Texas, suckers!

EDIT: Nevermind; just checked their website. Now available in 10 states. As for the other 40 states... y'all are still suckers.

[quote name='The Crotch']You can not claim to have eaten the best burger if you have not had bison. Place in Edmonton makes a helluva bison burger.[/QUOTE]

Yep. And be sure to get them cooked medium, as it's a waste to overcook it.

Fast Food- In N Out is easily the best.

Sorry to say that 5 guys is simply a poor In N Out copy. I cannot respect that. The only reason to prefer 5 guys is if you have an east coast bias.

However, you will probably find the best burger of all in a local dive. And whomever said buffalo is spot on. That meat is amazing.

The veggie burger at Sassy's Sliders is incredible, it has sauteed onions and a spicy honey mustard that is ridiculous. But for straight up awesome, simple burgers I would have to give it to The Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridian. The burgers there aren't particularly large or loaded with crazy toppings, they are just well made and cooked to perfection. Medium means medium damn-it .

[quote name='usickenme']Fast Food- In N Out is easily the best.

Sorry to say that 5 guys is simply a poor In N Out copy. I cannot respect that.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a copy at all. Very different with the unlimited toppings etc.

5 Guys is more a fast food version of a pricier sit down burger joint. Quicker, crappier meat, and cheaper.

Toppings are key for me. I don't really dig a burger with just cheese and lettuce, tomatoe etc. Unless the meat is outstanding--i.e. Bison or fresh deer burgers my dad makes or something. And the meat at In 'n Out is terrible even by fast food standards IMO.

But again, I'd probably have liked it more in my younger and poorer days when I had less disposable income and an unrefined palette, as there's a lot of fast food I ate back in the day that I go hungry before eating now.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Toppings are key for me. I don't really dig a burger with just cheese and lettuce, tomatoe etc. Unless the meat is outstanding--i.e. Bison or fresh deer burgers my dad makes or something.[/quote]Yeah, deer makes for quality stuff. Moose is kinda disappointing, but still pretty damn good.

bread's done
Back