The BEST burger...

[quote name='manthing']Why would you recommend Portillo's for hamburgers?

:whistle2:|

Go there and order Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Italian Beef, Maxwell Polish or GTFO[/QUOTE]

I just had some dogs there today. Good stuff.

redrobin-burger.jpg

I forget which red robin burger it is. Cheddar cheese == $$
Its the one with fried onions and bbq sauce on it. Definitely good stuff. Red Robin is nice to go there every month or two. Too cheap to go more often + its on the opposite side of the spectrum of "healthy foods". Sorry about the shitty quality. thank the iphone.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']He had the Big Buford from Rally's.[/QUOTE]
I used to eat those all the time and never got sick.

Well here are my choices:
Have to go with the Mushroom & Swiss Angus burger at Burger King because I love the taste of the sauce and onion rings on the burger. I eat one once in a while.

One of my other favorites is any of the Big Mouth Burgers at Chili's. They also serve them in bite sized version. I really like the one with Hickory Smoked Bacon because the bacon is like several inches thick.

[quote name='cmart05']
shake-shack.jpg

211384007_b2ccb138a8.jpg

shake_shack1.jpg

Best cheese fries and burgers in all of tri-state area.[/quote]

Which Tri-state area? What restaurant?

Details man!

DSC_0137cc_6.jpg

Hot sex on a plate! The Thurman burger at Thurman's Cafe in Columbus, Ohio as seen on Travel channel's Man Vs Food. They have 18 different burgers some of the best I have ever tasted!

[quote name='manthing']Which Tri-state area? What restaurant?

Details man![/quote]

there's only one Tri-State area that I'm aware of lol.. anyways I posted this earlier in the thread and then someone asked to post pics.

It's the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park in NYC(there are 2 other locations but I forget where but this is the original and it's right in front of my job.)

It's like the top rated burger in NYC and it's comparable to the In-N-Out burger of LA

[quote name='cmart05']

211384007_b2ccb138a8.jpg

Best cheese fries and burgers in all of tri-state area.[/quote]

Mmm. Gray meat. This thread makes me want to cook from home even more.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Mmm. Gray meat. This thread makes me want to cook from home even more.[/quote]

hahaha camera glare does wonders.

or how about this monstrosity?

mt%20olympus%20big.jpg

Located at the Clinton Diner in Clinton, NJ.

Yes, it's not a mistake!!!!!
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Mt. Olympus[/FONT] weights an
Astonishing 50 lb !!!!
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif](click on the small pictures to get a taste for it!!!!)[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]finish it in three hours with the [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]help of 4 friends and it's free or[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Come and try our famous Zeus[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 7 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]finish it in three hours by yourself[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or in 1 1/2 hours with a friend [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]and it's free,[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or if you cannot handle it try Atlas[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 3 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]finish it in two hours by yourself[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or in 45 minutes with a friend [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or maybe Hercules[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 2 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]and last for the less adventurous, [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Achilles[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 1 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]All burgers are made in house with[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] the best and freshest ingredients!!!
[/FONT]​

I love the monster cheeseburger from IHOP. Whataburger is ok, I think Ive had to much of it already. I live in the city where it was started. Theres one on every street here.

[quote name='cmart05']or how about this monstrosity?

Yes, it's not a mistake!!!!!
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Mt. Olympus[/FONT] weights an
Astonishing 50 lb !!!!
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif](click on the small pictures to get a taste for it!!!!)[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]finish it in three hours with the [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]help of 4 friends and it's free or[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Come and try our famous Zeus[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 7 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]finish it in three hours by yourself[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or in 1 1/2 hours with a friend [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or if you cannot handle it try Atlas[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 3 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]finish it in two hours by yourself[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or in 45 minutes with a friend [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]or maybe Hercules[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 2 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]and last for the less adventurous, [/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Achilles[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The 1 lb Burger!!!![/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]All burgers are made in house with[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] the best and freshest ingredients!!![/spoiler][/FONT]​
[/QUOTE]

They oughta make your funeral free if you finish that thing in 3 hours.

[quote name='Magehart']Pie n' Burger out in Pasadena. Best burgers ever. Best pie too. How can you beat a place that makes everything from scratch?[/quote]
Haha, I agree.

Best Fast Food: Carls Jr. its just so good! It would be white castle (ive had it once) but there are none here... :cry:

Favorite fast food burger is Checker's (Formerly known as Rally's) - Seriously, the Big Bufford is some amazing stuff. The fries at Checker's alone are enough reason to go.

Favorite restaurant style burger is Fudd Rucker's - What else can I say? They offer almost every variety of burger you can think of. You can almost indefinitely get your combination of stuff to top on a burger, and after it's cooked, you get a topping bar that you can pile as much as you want onto the burger (the topping bar is a sight to behold, only bearable to the eye of the beholder and not the mind of the reader). Did I mention you can get burgers in sizes of 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, and 1 pound (I've only ever finished the 2/3 pound). Oh, and you can get Buffalo, chicken, and my chain offers Ostrich. Ya. I love this place.

Damnit, I was on a diet and now all i can think about our burgers :)

I had a great one over the weekend at "The Stumble Inn" in New York. It was great, and it had cheese and bacon put inside the burger which is something I've never had before but was really quality.

FIVE GUYS for fast food. I've yet to find a local only favorite.
That said I and after reading the whole thread I now what to try Red Robin, Checkers, and Fatburger to try. I'd love to try some of the other chains mentioned but there are none around me. As it is the only Fatburger option is in Atlantic City.

I have to go with Backyard burger (100% black angus beef 1/3 lb)
they are like 6 dollars with good seasoned fries (Orlando and other parts of Florida)
Best cheeseburger if you want to pay is called Cheeburger Cheeburger
They can be like $15 a person with combo and shake though.

Kube00 Ruby tuesday used to have a bison/beef combo. It was good and less fattening.

As far as checkers is concerned bah! I think not, I went there one time and the meat was so bad everyone was complaining (could have just been one time but refuse to go back). Anyway, someone threw it on the ground and a black head vulture came around and went up to it then flew away! I was like I am not finishing this shit and Never will I EVER, come back again.

Last edited by a moderator:
from socal:

gourmet: father's office, 25 degrees, umami burger.

any of those 3 will get you a burger perfectly cooked to order, and really juicy to boot. 25 degrees is the best value because you get an enormous amount of fries and their massive burger for only $12. i think father's office is the best tasting, but also the most expensive at $12 + $5 for fries. umami burger is somewhere in between with the burgers being $8-12 and fries sold separately, but the amount of fries you get is scant. also, FO won't substitute or remove anything, so good luck there.

fast food: in and out, no doubt. tommy's is good every once in a while.

I think Five Guys has got to be the best nationwide chain (not sure if there are any west of Dallas though), my overall favorite is Burger House (University Park, Dallas)

[quote name='cmart05']there's only one Tri-State area that I'm aware of lol.. anyways I posted this earlier in the thread and then someone asked to post pics.

It's the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park in NYC(there are 2 other locations but I forget where but this is the original and it's right in front of my job.)

It's like the top rated burger in NYC and it's comparable to the In-N-Out burger of LA[/QUOTE]

i work right next to the flatiron building, and shake shack's burgers are pretty damn good. Although there are some comparable other burgers around.

BLT Burger is pretty damn good IMO, and Old Town Bar also has an awesome burger.

[quote name='mang9432']i work right next to the flatiron building, and shake shack's burgers are pretty damn good. Although there are some comparable other burgers around.

BLT Burger is pretty damn good IMO, and Old Town Bar also has an awesome burger.[/quote]

where's that BLT Burger at, I've never heard of it.

I had New York Burger company burgers and for the price they charge, I think like $10+ for a drink and fries, it's definitely not worth it. I don't know why that place is packed all the time.

+1 for cook out

There is also a place in my hometown that has awesome burgers for like $1, I can swing by and pick up two, and some fries for like $3 and change, and will not be able to eat it all. Odd thing is that it is primarily a fish market/produce stand... slightly weird, but that lady can make some fine burgers!

Swenson's quarter pound double cheese with tarter sauce and BQ, and they cook it with brown sugar. It might sound strange but not if you've had one.

I had In 'n Out a few weeks ago when I was in San Francisco. I will say that it was the best burger I've had on the west coast, but it still comes nowhere near beating White Castle.

If you are ever in Nashville, look up Fat Mo's. Best burgers I have ever had.

5 Guys is good, but I hate that they use canned mushrooms (at least at mine) and the last few times I have gone there, the burgers weren't as good.

As other posters have said, Red Robin's Royal Red Robin burger is killer. Nothing like a fried egg on top of your burger.

Speaking of fried egg burgers, The White Spot in Charlottesville, VA serves an egg-topped burger called the Gus Burger that is delicious when you are drunk.

gusburger.jpg

Hamburgao, in the North New Jersey area (Newark, Kearney, etc) is the best speciality burger in the whole tri-state area. They are Brazilian.

762155466_7abaaed1b4.jpg

762157844_93346d54bc.jpg

761296701_981b8f4b71.jpg

448722027_f1d2e94b43.jpg

Hamburgao also has “Special Sauce” at the table for adding to your sandwich.

Red Robin monster burger.

I've never had the one with the egg on it, I'll give it a shot next time since everyone seems to love it.

The best thing to do is like wait 2-4 weeks eating only healthy food then gorge on hamburgers, or other greasy foods. Yummy.

I enjoy red robin, fuddruckers, uhmm everyone has pretty much said it all already lol.

bread's done
Back