The Best Feeling

DickTowel

CAGiversary!
What game did you beat that gave you the best feeling in the world?

For me it was Metroid Prime. Took me 5 long years to finally beat it. Never felt better!

For me, the best feeling usually comes from getting through a difficult game. I remmeber being really excited the first time I beat Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden on the NES, but that was "back in the day."

More recently, I had that feeling when I beat God Hand. That game can be pretty tough, but it's so much fun, and the gameplay is very rewarding. There were several times when I thought I wouldn't be able to make it any further, but I just kept trying. It was a great feeling when I finally made it to the end and looked back on all the tough battles I had endured to get to that point.

The Legend of Zelda : WindWaker. I started it in the spring...and finished it the next spring (on and off playing, of course). It really felt like an adventure, and it sort of had this "warm weather feeling" to it.

[quote name='Spanky']Best feeling of relief was beating the first Sonic the Hedgehog. On the Sega Genesis of course.[/QUOTE]

My choice as well... took a whole Saturday to do it, too. After several years of watching my brother and sister be 'the good ones' at videogames, it was nice to take one down myself.

Part of me wants to go with Planescape Torment, but that might be because any time I see a "best" discussion, bringing up PST is a reflex that I just can't fight.

But... y'know, I'm alright with that. Planescape Torment for most satisfying ending? That works.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']I laughed at reading "The Best Feeling by DickTowel". haha

Anyway, Dead Rising 1000/1000.[/QUOTE]

HAHA. Yeah I was trying to figure out the best way that I wanted to say what I was thinking...I guess having my name as DickTowel didn't really help it out.

No it didn't.

Best feeling was beating Ghouls N' Ghosts in the arcade without continuing. My favorite game of all time right there.

[quote name='fizzywix']Not really "beating" but quitting WoW felt pretty nice[/QUOTE]

lol, this one.

I beat countless Zeldas and puzzle games but quitting wow was the best feeling i got.

When I was little, it took me forever to get through the Sonic 3 & Knuckles combo. Now I can do it in about an hour. Also, beating Shenmue was awesome & sad.

More recently, the epicness that was the first Yakuza game gave me a great feeling when I saw the credits roll

Super Mario World. It took me months to beat as a kid. Me and my mom used to play two-player all the time, and she was there when I finally beat Bowser and we were both so proud. It was the best feeling.

More recently, Uncharted. Games don't seem to give me that same cathartic release when I beat them anymore, but for some reason, Uncharted brought that back for me.

Chrono Trigger perfectly sums up that feeling for me. It was one of the first RPGs I ever beat. Such an amazing ending. Every time I hear the ending theme I get goose bumps.

[quote name='Halo05']No it didn't.

Best feeling was beating Ghouls N' Ghosts in the arcade without continuing. My favorite game of all time right there.[/QUOTE]

If you really did that you are a beast. That is impressive.

bread's done
Back