The best game I have played so far is _____ in 2010.

[quote name='jousley']Maybe Sega should sue Sony then for God of War only being a better looking clone of Golden Axe.[/QUOTE]
Touche. Although there were enough differences between the two to make GOW different enough. But DI and GOW=seperated at birth.

:ps2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love has been my favorite game this year by far.

Otherwise...

:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII
:360: Alan Wake
:ds: Mega Man Zero Collection
:psp: Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess

I'm going with SMG2. Even though I haven't played many of the games listed, this has some of the best pure gameplay that I've experienced in years.

So far it was Bayonetta for me, with a Heavy Rain a close second.

I still haven't finished Alan Wake or RDR, so those are posible contenders to dethrone my current champ.

I haven't opened my copy of SMG2 yet, but I have a feeling I'll have some crazy fun with that game too.

Mine surprisingly is Assassin's Creed 1! Never got around to playing it untill now.
But if we are talking games that game out this year, I'd have to go with Red Dead.

Dragon Quest IX, it's great.

But a close runner-up would be Metal Gear Peace Walker. Hmm, two games on handhelds...

It is a tie between Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2 for me. It is hard to pick because ME2 was such a gorgeous, memorable and addictive game while RDR was a total blast and had one of the best endings in video game history.

I've only played a little of RDR. But Mass Effect 2 is easily it for me, it was a pure blast aside from the mining.

Shadow Complex and Saboteur; guess I'm pulling from the s-section.

aside: for those saying Bayonetta, wouldn't this be a female version of Devil May Cry 4? much in the same lines as God of War vs Dante's Inferno? just asking...

Bayonetta, definitely.

Red Dead coming in at a close second.

Mass Effect 2 was good, but extremely overrated, and felt more like a side-arc than an overall arc in the story of Mass Effect. I was disappointed.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Shadow Complex and Saboteur; guess I'm pulling from the s-section.

aside: for those saying Bayonetta, wouldn't this be a female version of Devil May Cry 4? much in the same lines as God of War vs Dante's Inferno? just asking...[/QUOTE]

Never played any of DMC, so it feels very original to me.

Also, The Saboteur is a great choice, but it actually came out December 9, 2009, so it doesn't technically qualify.

And Shadow Complex, a pretty good game, came out in August....of last year....

[quote name='the_punisher']...so it doesn't technically qualify.

...came out in August....of last year....[/QUOTE]

I realized that, but the OP's question is 'best game I've played in 2010, not GOTY or published in 2010 right?' just clarifying, for you know, technical purposes. ;)

[quote name='Alleran']Starcraft 2? Pahaha, am I the only one?[/QUOTE]

If you played Starcraft 1 in 2010 then you already played Starcraft 2.

Seems like a lot of people liked ME2 over Red Dead. I just bought both in the last two weeks and Blur. All for no more than $30. I am still early into both games but so far I have played Red Dead more. Mass Effect's story has me impressed though.

bread's done
Back