The Best Mario Party

kaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This poll was done eons ago, and before Mario Party 6 was out, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to run it again. I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the best Mario Party out there?

Definately the first one. Nothing comes close to the youth joy I had playing that. I even loved playing it alone!

The one that the cops raided.

Seriously, I'm a huge fan of Nintendo and Mario games in general, but the Mario Party games are just plain BORING. (I have 1 & 4 if anyone's curious).

The first one was a hand-killer. Nintendo had to send out free gloves to people who bought it because of the games where you had to spin the control stick caused severe blisters.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']The first one was a hand-killer. Nintendo had to send out free gloves to people who bought it because of the games where you had to spin the control stick caused severe blisters.[/quote]

But you could never stop playing right? :lol: I loved the mechafly game!

#1 had this game where you had to wear a bowser suit and everyone else got to steal your coins by hitting you with a hammer. Worse game ever if you're on the recieving end. My friends and I called it the 'death penalty.'

Playing those 50 turns games with or without my friends.. that was only done only the first Mario Party with many laughs and blisters. so definately the first one. I enjoyed their mini-games alot more .. shy guy say, the limbo, grab bag, the one with the boo and the bike to turn on the light (that should be the first one). But this is speaking from playing 1-5.. I still gotta try 6 =T.

I haven't played 6, but here is the order of the others (best to worst):

I currently don't own any, but I'm expecting #4 in the mail now.

I think the series got boring since 4 was released. 5 was not fun at all.

hmm this is tough.... honestly my favorite one was... one

but i can never forgive that game for making me rotate the joystick so fast and hard that i burned a small hole in my hand that evolved into the largest/most painful bloodblister EVER!

okay it is forgiven...

MP1

[quote name='StealthySeal']hmm this is tough.... honestly my favorite one was... one

but i can never forgive that game for making me rotate the joystick so fast and hard that i burned a small hole in my hand that evolved into the largest/most painful bloodblister EVER!

okay it is forgiven...

MP1[/quote]

I messed up like four controllers with that game.

3, definately. Best mini-games, no blisters, and not boring button mashing like 5. Four I didn't really find entertaining for some reason, and 2 was great just to hear a train say "We're gonna have a hootinany by drinking milk!"

Good times.

I'd probably lean towards the first, tho the first 3 were all really great. I'd say 6 is the worst, easily. Horrible, horrible game - they aren't improving the series, they're making it worse.

I wish they'd just release a Mario Party All-Stars. All mini-games & boards from all of the games (or at least the N64 ones, if they don't want to hurt sales of current-gen games). I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I own all of them. IMO, they all have something good to offer, and if you have friends, I don't know how you can't still enjoy them. My friends and I bust out the Cube and the MP's after every Halo 2 LAN party! That being said, my faves are:

MP 1
MP 3
MP 6

My least favorite, mostly becuase a lot of the games was the same:

MP 2

Nintendo actually sent me the glove for the original MP, after I sent them a picture of my huge ass blister! :D All of my friends had the blister as well! :lol: MP 3, IMO, had the best overall layout and mini-games, but I just played the first one way too much; I had to vote for #1.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I haven't played 6, but here is the order of the others (best to worst):

I currently don't own any, but I'm expecting #4 in the mail now.[/quote]

ok how could you like 3 the least?

[quote name='Slipknot9762'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I haven't played 6, but here is the order of the others (best to worst):

ok how could you like 3 the least?[/quote]

And like two the best?! IMO, it was the worst one! Many of the games were in the original, they wore very stupid looking costumes, and were outclassed by every other version. I don't say this to sound rude; I just want to know why it is your favorite. Everybody has an opinion! :D

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='Slipknot9762'][quote name='PenguinMaster']I haven't played 6, but here is the order of the others (best to worst):

ok how could you like 3 the least?[/quote]

And like two the best?! IMO, it was the worst one! Many of the games were in the original, they wore very stupid looking costumes, and were outclassed by every other version. I don't say this to sound rude; I just want to know why it is your favorite. Everybody has an opinion! :D[/quote]

Maybe he confused 1 and 2? ^_^? or not...but yea 2 really was not orginal sometimes you could.. sorta get those two mix up x.x..

Anyways I see the poll and 1 and 6 practically tied... I really gotta try 6 now and also 3.. for some strange reason I never got to try it and I remember I really wanted 3 too =[. But hey it took Nintendo like 5 more tried till they had another good MP since the first one =P.

Well... the horse owns every Mario Party except 3, which the girls that lived across the hall from him rented for quite some time during the Horse's freshman year of college.

Anywho, MP1 I played mostly with my dad and brothers, it was fairly repetitive, and it was always a coin toss if you got the star or Bowser if I remember correctly. It did have the most boards though, so that's gotta count for something.

MP2 was a big hit in my dorm for whatever reason, I think it was because the girls could play too.

MP3 was really an upgrade from 2, but a lot of people didn't play that game, since it came out near the end of the n64's existance, and I believe after the ps2 had appeared.

MP4 isn't bad, although a lot of the boards were quite similiar.

MP5 was sad because the monkey (my beloved monkey the only character I had ever used) was no longer a playable character, so it loses points for that, but gets them back for the variety of event spaces. Plus that was the game my ex girlfriend liked to play with me.

MP6 I've had since X-mas, but it still sits in the box, unplayed so far, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl though... soon.

Horse's ratings (not including 6 until I open and play it):

1. Mario Party 3
2. MP 5
3. MP 4
4. MP 2
5. MP 1

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I haven't played 6, but here is the order of the others (best to worst):

I hear you with the 2 love

bread's done
Back