The best PSX game

Wolas

CAG Veteran
Final Fantasy VII
It had (when relesed) the prestige of the previous games, as well as the best story in PSX, and its graphics reached a high level of quality.
It's quite long

Definitely a good game. I have a hard time saying anything is the best because there are other really good games, but this is definitely up there.

final fantasy vii for the reasons mentioned above, or metal gear solid...i know metal gear solid was short, but the experience was like nothing else a game had ever offered at the time.

[quote name='Wolas']It had . . . the best story in PSX[/quote]
But the ending was awful. Even the endings for FFVIII and FFX were much better.

[quote name='Wolas']its graphics reached a high level of quality.[/quote]
What?! I've never understood why people felt this way. There are many Super Nintendo games that looked better than FFVII's real-time graphics, IMO anyway. And as far as graphical style, FFVIII beats FFVII by lightyears.

Final Fantasy VII is definately a good game, but I've never understood why some people love it as much as they do.

FfVII when it came out, yet I can't stand the graphics anymore...they're horrific. Also (even though I'll probably get flamed) the original Crash Bandicoot

I can't think of a "best game", but FFVII had me in awe when I first got it unlike any game before it, so I would probably say it had the biggest impact of any game I have played for the PS1.

theres so many obvious choices here!!

metal gear
castlevania:sotn
final fantasy 7/8
suikoden 1/2
lunar 1/2
intelligent qube
parappa
vandal hearts 1/2
ddr 5th/disney/konamix

This is easy. It has to be FF7/8/9, Suikoden 2, Castlevania:SOTN, MGS, Alundra, FF Tactics, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Klonoa, Spyro 1/2/3, Tomba 1/2. I mean, isn't that obvious??? ;)

There are so many this is near impossible
Metal Slug X
Chrono Cross
Street Fighter Alpha 3
MMX4,X5 and X6
Gundam Battle Assualt 1 and 2

i feel like oportunity777; it was that what i wanted to say, the great impact, graphics... it had when it came out.
i don't mean FFVII has to be the best game forever.

metal gear solid is amazing but, what about the American Syphon Filter?

[quote name='argyle']This is easy. It has to be FF7/8/9, Suikoden 2, Castlevania:SOTN, MGS, Alundra, FF Tactics, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Klonoa, Spyro 1/2/3, Tomba 1/2. I mean, isn't that obvious??? ;)[/quote]

Tecmo stackers rules over super puzzle fighter II

I really think it would have to be metal gear solid. It was so far ahead of its time. Now the genre is kinda catching up with it or Kojima has kinda lost his luster. Idunno, maybe that was the only one with the cool story. I hope mgs3 is cool.

valkyrie profile.

That game just connected you to the protagonists in a very deep way-and had an awesome story. The nordic legends idea is insanely well done too.

The combat system was amazing too.

[quote name='Wolas']Final Fantasy VII
It had (when relesed) the prestige of the previous games, as well as the best story in PSX, and its graphics reached a high level of quality.
It's quite long[/quote]Agreed!!!

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night by a very, very large margin. There is only one truly great classic game made for Playstation, and SOTN is it. There are others that are pretty good, a handful of them, but SOTN is a 10 and the next best are 7s or 8s at very best.

PS1 still remains the best source for strategy RPG's in my opinion. I still play Final Fantasy Tactics and Front Mission 3 from time to time so would consider them the best. Colony Wars series, Tekken 2/3, Metal Gear Solid deserve honorable mention.

bread's done
Back