The best PSX game

Although I love just about all the Squaresoft/Enix games on PS1 and Castlevania: SOTN, my top 3 games are:

3. Incredible Crisis (WHERE IS THE SEQUEL!?!)
2. Tomba 2
1. Tomba 1

My god do I love the Tomba games. I have never had as much fun with a 2D platformer as I did with these two masterpieces. If you don't have them, acquire them and actually PLAY THEM. And Incredible Crisis is one of the craziest, funniest, and all round fun games to slip out of Japan. Get it, you'll love it.

I don't understand the love for Final Fantasy 7.
I never really bought into Sepheroth as the "hardcore badass" that people tried to build him up as... he always came of as a whiny momma's boy...

I always thought Kefka was a much more convincing villian. His laugh, despite the technical limitation, was (and still is) more disturbing and haunting than anything Sepheroth did.

Castlevania SOTN, Tomba, BF musashi and MGS, and probably Valkyrieprofile if I could get ahold of a copy

I'd say FF7 & 8, the Suikoden games, FFTactics and I had a ton of fun with Bushido Blade. I wish I could find a good deal on it now.

Crash Bandicoot Warped, which isn't all that high overall. Playstation had more goods, but N64 had more greats IMO.

It was Syphon Filter, but now other third-person shooters have way surpassed it.

I'd say Xenogears if the first 17 hours of that game weren't a complete waste of time that made me want to drill a hole through my brain.

Maybe Final Fantasy Tactics? It still stands as one of my favorite SRPGs, at least in the top 5 games of all time for me.

Parappa the Rapper also is a good candidate as it was the first really quirky game to be brought to America and ushered the way for others.

Lastly, I'd nominate Bushido Blade. It was a fun and fairly different fighting experience.

Crash Bandicoot is the most fun . . . still today.

But its not really a great game.

Maybe Klonoa . . . but I can't afford to find out :)

How come there's no love for Ape Escape? C:SotN and Final Fantasy 7/8/9 are great, but they don't have monkies with lights on their heads. :wink:

Nobody here play Silent Bomber???

Castlevania: SOTN, the Chrono Trigger re-release was great, DW7 is what killed me on random battles, Suikoden 1 & 2 were great. Blood Omen and Soul Reaver were cool, Einhander is great. Hmm... I'm sure plenty of people have said anything FF, so I'm not going there.

it's gotta be Metal Gear Solid. Not only is the gameplay great, and but art amazingly still holds up pretty well.

Some other greats:
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (by far the best in the series)
Castlevania: SOTN

bread's done
Back