The Best Yearly Sports Game Project

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
Not sure if this would be the right or best place for this thread , but since it discusses current gen and previous gen systems I'm putting it here.

This might seem like a strange thought/question/project but I'm trying to compile a list of all the best sports games , for each different sport (NFL , MLB ect.) for each different year (2001 , 2002 ect.) and ideally which system each one is best on (this one I'm willing to let slide though , to avoid fanboy confrontations).

What I'm trying to do here , is that while not as bad as in years past , when you have several different games for each sport that come out each year (NHL 08 vs NHL 2k8 ect.) it's hard to know which one is best , and while often it comes down to personal preference (I prefer NFL 2k over Madden) in many cases there is still a clearly "superior" game.

Exceptions to the list I'm trying to compile is cases of games that offer something different and unique within a certain sport or sports where licensing might get in the way of there being 1 specific "best game" (soccer). Any thoughts or suggestions to make this idea work better would be greatly appreciated , as well as other sports that I might have failed to think about or include within , or any questions as to what the hell it is that I'm actually trying to do here.:lol:

NFL

NCAA Football

NBA

NCAA Basketball

MLB

NHL

Soccer

These are my opinions:
NFL: NFL 2K5 (Last NFL game for Sega/Visual Concepts)
NBA: NBA 2K8 (first truly next-gen hoops in my opinion)
MLB: Hardball 3 for Genesis (customize teams/players/logo, save highlights, tons of stats, good commentary)
NHL: NHLPA '93 for Genesis (wicked fast gameplay, accurate teams, fun fights)

bread's done
Back