The Bible: The Epic Mini Series pre-order 35$blu/29$dvd wal-mart 50% off

greenwolfe7

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
This will be availible instore tomorrow for the same price (-minus shipping) and you'll get a bonus "looking at the 10 episodes" feature video from vudu when you redeem the prepurchase voucher.

Note: you usually don't get the bonus prepurchase features if you order from the .com

How can it be in store tomorrow? Is that possible? If so I work there so I will def be looking into it, along with Power Rangers Season 2 Vol.1

Good? I thought it was horrible. I quit watching after about 2/3 through the first episode. I have no plans to watch the rest.. I woul spend my money on some of the older bible classics.

But I did watch and plan to continue watching the Vikings that came on after it. It's a much better show.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Amazon has it for 62.99.

I watched the first episode yesterday. It was really good. I think History is showing it again tonight not sure though. And this seems like a good price. Considering is almost half off of amazon's pre-order price.

Shipping is $1.97.

Blu-Ray :
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Bib...la&veh=sem

DVD :
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Bib...la&veh=sem

This is also 50% off retail which is 69.99 according to the listings.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pacifickarma']The History Channel shows fiction now?[/QUOTE]

Great, just HAD to be that guy eh?

I was curious at the comments that would be seen here. Still at at 50% off retail its a good deal. Also since Wal-Mart was a sponsor of the show they may get a special rate. But who knows. Just posting a deal. But yes Vikings was great also.

I'm interested, so thanks OP. :) Question, is there any legal place to stream it in the meantime? I'd like to own it, but I'd also like to watch it as it airs and I don't have cable so that's not an option for me.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Well if you get the history channel, when I checked the guide it was reairing several more times this week.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you're replying to me....I feel like there's a vital piece of info from my post that you're missing. ;)

[quote name='greenwolfe7']I was curious at the comments that would be seen here. Still at at 50% off retail its a good deal. Also since Wal-Mart was a sponsor of the show they may get a special rate. But who knows. Just posting a deal. But yes Vikings was great also.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I had to do it. I did watch a bit of it and enjoyed it but probably won't be a purchase. Stacked against the competition it is a good deal for those looking though so nice job OP.

As far as streaming, it was available on VOD through your cable/satellite outlet for a while so it MAY have eps available through the History Channel website. At least the first Ep to get your tongue wet so to speak. I've seen A&E do that. Just a thought which you've probably checked by now.

[quote name='argyle']Yeah the History Channel's website was the first place I checked (Hulu was the second) - no dice. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I'd check back in a week or so to see if it shows up on Hulu. The Vikings show is on Hulu, so hopefully this one will show up too. I've heard some good things about the show, so I'm certainly interested to see it.

I don't want to get into to it but knowing a bit about the Bible (I'm no scholar ) My disappointment was inaccuracies. Such as Lot's daughters (Google it). This small scene and story of Sodom and Gomorrah is the backbone of some Christians view of homosexuality. If you're going to bother with the story why not tell it right and let the people decide. The book is controversial by nature. I'm disappointed from a historical viewpoint only. I have no horse in this race. Vikings might be taking just as many liberties I just don't know as much about the particulars for it to impede my enjoyment. Maybe they should have approached it more like the Men who built America instead of a straight series like this. This all being said I'll watch the rest out of curiosity but I'm pretty sure it's not worth owning to me.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I don't want to get into to it but knowing a bit about the Bible (I'm no scholar ) My disappointment was inaccuracies. Such as Lot's daughters (Google it). This small scene and story of Sodom and Gomorrah is the backbone of some Christians view of homosexuality. If you're going to bother with the story why not tell it right and let the people decide. The book is controversial by nature. I'm disappointed from a historical viewpoint only. I have no horse in this race.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to make a conversation/debate out of this, but just to enlighten you, anyone that has read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah would tell you there is no mention of homosexuality. Of this, I am certain. I do, however, agree that many use this story as a bases for their discrimination, but their argument holds no ground here.
I have not yet watched the episode so I cannot comment on the accuracy of the overall story, but there is no reason why homosexuality would come into play.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up OP!

They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.” 6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

and earlier translations say "To know them," (a far more ambiguous statement) it's only in the last 40 years or so that newer translations have changed to remove the ambiguity.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neoz']They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.” 6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”[/QUOTE]

That's a bad translation, man.

[quote name='leftwing1018']That's a bad translation, man.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, there isn't anything in that story that mentions homosexuality.

I've always interpreted this as the inhabitants of Sodom/Gomorrah wanted to rape the men of God. Not so much as the homosexuality aspect of it.

bread's done
Back