The Big Anime Giveway at Twitch: We Have A Winner! [Update]

cwebb39

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
...and it's official: our winner is @TheGrimHeaper!

Thanks everyone for participating!

Over the last few months I've had the pleasure of covering anime releases at my other gig, MTV Geek. And as a result, I've ended up with a lot of duplicate titles from the review stack.

Well, now I'm going to give them all away in one big prize pack to one of our wonderful Twitch readers. The centerpiece (I think) is the recent Funimation release, Trigun: Badlands Rumble and a huge, 40-episode Dragon Ball Z boxset.
What do you have to do to win? Follow @twitchfilm on Twitter and simply retweet the link to this contest for all the world to see by Friday, October 7 at 11:59 PM PST. Contest is only open to readers in the continental U.S..

Below, you'll find the complete haul:
[Note, all descriptions grabbed from Amazon]

Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 6
Originally produced in limited quantities in Japan, the incredibly rare Dragon Box has long been the ultimate prize for the most avid Dragon Ball Z collectors. Now this coveted collection has been reproduced for the first time in the United States, giving hardcore fans the definitive Dragon Ball Z experience.
The battle to harness the power of the seven Dragon Balls explodes in vivid detail like never before. The Dragon Box features over 40 uncut episodes, remastered and restored frame by frame, rendering the legendary action in pristine clarity. Each episode is presented in Japanese with the complete opening and closing credits and includes the original episode previews.
Truly the essential edition for Dragon Ball Z purists, this set isn't an addition to your archive - it is your archive. Your wish is finally granted. The Dragon Box is here.

Dragon Ball Z: Kai, Part 5
The epic showdown between Goku and Frieza reaches its climax as planet Namek crumbles beneath their feet! In the aftermath of battle, neither fighter is anywhere to be found, but Earth's few remaining heroes have much bigger problems. A mysterious and powerful stranger known only as Trunks arrives from the future with a warning: the Androids are coming, they take no prisoners, and even Goku - wherever he may be - is no match for their kind!

Dragon Ball Z: Kai, Part 6
Earth's heroes continue their brave battle against the Android attackers, but a far greater evil looms on the horizon! As Goku hovers between life and death, the monster known as Cell blazes a trail of death and destruction on a quest to achieve his horrifyingly perfect form. Should the hideous creature succeed in devouring his Android brethren, not even the combined powers of a Super Saiyan and a Super Namekian will be able to spare the people of Earth from excruciating extinction!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 5
The heavens tremble and the planet quakes as the souls of heroes and villains teeter on the edge of darkness and light. The final chapter of the sweeping epic - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - is here.
The Flame Alchemist's rebel army pushes the forces of Central to the brink of collapse - until the enemy's fallen leader returns to take control. As mortals and monsters wage war, young Edward and Alphonse Elric must face a cruel being with the unholy power of a god. After endless adventures and countless struggles, the boys find the fate of the world in their weary hands. When the Gateway closes and the circle is complete - who will be left alive to celebrate the astonishing sacrifices made in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 5?

Hero 108, Season 1, Part 2

Kekkaishi, Set 1
Yoshimori Sumimura is a 14-year-old student at Karasumori School. Following in the tradition that's come down through the generations, he is the twenty-second Kekkaishi of the Sumimura clan. But he's constantly fighting with his rival, Tokine Yukimura--his childhood friend and also a Kekkaishi--about who is the rightful heir to the magical barrier arts. Protecting people from danger while growing stronger himself, Yoshimori will battle the forces of evil again tonight!

Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Part 1
The experiences of Dr. Kenzo Tenma, the hero of the mystery-adventure Monster (2004), prove the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished. A brilliant young Japanese surgeon working in Germany, Tenma defies his superiors to save the life of Johan, a boy with a bullet lodged in his brain. But he soon learns that the boy possesses both the power to bend others to his will and an icy disregard for human life. Tenma follows Johan's murderous career back to an orphanage in the former East Germany, where psychological experiments were performed on the children. The reptilian inspector Lunge believes Tenma is responsible for the murders and pursues him relentlessly, essentially playing Javert to Tenma's Jean Valjean. Countless anime series have focused on murderers created by misguided scientific experiments, but Monster plays like a prolonged soap opera. Everywhere Tenma goes, he meets traumatized children, unhappy adults, and strangers in need of emergency medical care. Although he stops to help everyone, he somehow stays one step ahead of Lunge.

Soul Eater Weapon Collection
As students of the Grim Reaper at Death Weapon Meister Academy, Maka is a Meister and Soul is her Weapon - literally. When they take on the supernatural forces of evil, Soul transforms into a razor-sharp scythe and Maka wields him in battle. He gets deadlier with every defeated soul he consumes and each victory strengthens their bond - but Maka, Soul, and their classmates might not be ready to face the darkness headed their way.

After 800 years, the witch Arachne has returned to spin a web of wickedness, leading an army of ghoulish minions in a war against Death Weapon Meister Academy. As demons from the past rise amid betrayal and madness, Maka and Soul are definitely in for the fight of their lives. But, hey - luckily for the fate of the world, they're a freakin' lethal team!

Trigun: Badlands Rumble
The first new Trigun animation in over ten years featuring all the classic Trigun characters you know and love, plus new villains and heroes!
In town surrounded by quicksand, an outlaw from Vash the Stampede's past has resurfaced after twenty years. His name is Gasback - and he's looking to cause a little trouble. It seems Gasback has a serious beef with the town's mayor, who's paying dozens of bounty hunters to protect his turf. One of those hired guns is a beautiful woman with a vendetta against Gasback. Will she get a shot at revenge? Maybe, if she can get through Gasback's bodyguard, Wolfwood. And what's Vash got to do with this mess? Nothing much - except for the fact that he personally set off the entire chain of events two decades ago!

Sgt. Frog, Season 3, Part 1
Keroro is Sergeant Frog - the leader of a platoon of warriors sent to conquer planet Earth. But when the amphibious invaders discovered how much humans enjoy dissecting their comrades, the troops were scattered, the mission was aborted, and Keroro was abandoned. Now, this once proud soldier spends more time wielding a vacuum than he does the weapons of war. It's a far cry from the glory of battle, but hey, at least he's got his own room. And though the invasion may have slowed to a hop, Sergeant Frog still occasionally yearns to overcome his karaoke addiction and reassemble his troops. Watch out world, the frogs are taking over.
Sgt. Frog, Season 3, Part 2
Keroro is Sergeant Frog - the leader of a platoon of warriors sent to conquer planet Earth. But when the amphibious invaders discovered how much humans enjoy dissecting their comrades, the troops were scattered, the mission was aborted, and Keroro was abandoned. Now, this once proud soldier spends more time wielding a vacuum than he does the weapons of war. It's a far cry from the glory of battle, but hey, at least he's got his own room. And though the invasion may have slowed to a hop, Sergeant Frog still occasionally yearns to overcome his karaoke addiction and reassemble his troops. Watch out world, the frogs are taking over.

Vampire Knight, The Complete Series
Yuki Cross is a first-year student at Cross Academy. As a member of the Disciplinary Committee, her duty is to keep the infatuated Day Class students from chasing the beautiful Night Class students, all while performing the important task of protecting the secret of the Night Class, that all members of the Night Class are, in fact, vampires! The Night Class was intended to end a long history of conflict by promoting a peaceful coexistence between human beings and vampires. As Guardians, Yuki and her childhood friend Zero are tasked with protecting the coexistence of the Day Class and the Night Class. Unlike Zero, who sees the vampires as enemies, Yuki believes vampires and humans can coexist.

Shameless self-promotion: please follow me on Twitter at @TheCharlesWebb for reviews, news, and contests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Entered.
Maybe this time I'll actually get the DVDs when I win. I won a contest on Twitch for Bodyguards and Assassins back in July and never got it.

I think I entered...I linked on twitter this page for all to see..Hopefully I did it right,I just woke up and a lil out of it still :p...

[quote name='Gram']Entered.
Maybe this time I'll actually get the DVDs when I win. I won a contest on Twitch for Bodyguards and Assassins back in July and never got it.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, you didn't? Reach out to our head honcho Todd (who ran that contest): shoot him a mail at [email protected].

[quote name='cwebb39']Whoa, you didn't? Reach out to our head honcho Todd (who ran that contest): shoot him a mail at [email protected].[/QUOTE]

I've already sent an email to that address before but never got a response. Also tried Twitter to the same effect.
I guess I'll try again.

Retweeted. CAGRoast on Twitter. :)

Thanks for the contest and good luck to the rest of the entrees! :D

Thanks for all of the entries, guys. The winner has been chosen and notified and will be announced here shortly.

Have a great weekend!

bread's done
Back