The Big Lebowski hit blu-ray 8/16

chatgirl4

Banned
Available for a limited time with an all-new 28-page companion book featuring an exclusive interview with Jeff Dowd--the real-life inspiration for The Dude--Jeff Bridges' personal, on-set photography, a film timeline, trivia and much more, The Big Lebowski Limited Edition Blu-ray is a must-own addition to any collection. In addition to all-new features exclusive to the Blu-ray release, The Big Lebowski Limited Edition Blu-ray also offers a digital copy of the film that can be viewed anywhere at any time on the consumers' choice of devices including laptops, tablets, smartphones as well as Internet-connected TVs and set-top boxes.

It's also worth noting that the bonus features include "The Lebowski Fest: An Achiever's Story," which takes an "in-depth look at the popular Lebowski Festival, formed by the legions of fans in honor of the film." However, the Blu-ray does not come with a miniature rug that really ties your home-theater together.

Amazon link (no price listed)

I tend not to buy a lot of movies, but I'll be getting this one for sure.

[quote name='tcrash247']Nice! I never owned this on DVD for some reason so I'll definitely pick this up.[/QUOTE]
same here. A few hundred dvd's and I never owned this one?!? Don't take my man card away, I just found out at the bar the othernight that my boy ain't seen the hangover!?! I took his man card away until further notice

Is this a digibook? I want this badly, but if it is, I'll wait.

/edit: Yep, digibook. Ugh.

Also, OP, your link isn't correct. here is the correct link.

Careful. I'd be cautious on pre-ordering. Remember that this is a Universal title. Universal is legendary for molesting their catalog titles so badly with poor transfers, DNR, and edge "enhancement." They couldn't even give Back to the Future proper treatment! Just disgraceful.

This is probably the same crappy transfer as the HD DVD release. The Italian Blu-ray release also used this transfer. See these screenshots:

http://dx.infernix.net/images/viewer.php?id=cya0851d-shot0013.png
http://dx.infernix.net/images/viewer.php?id=omg0888a-shot0016.png
http://dx.infernix.net/images/viewer.php?id=cya0963y-shot0020.png
http://dx.infernix.net/images/viewer.php?id=thx0941m-shot0019.png
http://www.phyrefile.com/image/view/zFkXBfRoceiJP9Qg

Awful. :(

[quote name='PotatoGuy']Stop being a debbie downer. It will be better then the dvd I have now so it makes me happy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, it's nowhere near as good as it should be if Universal put even a half-assed amount of effort into it so I'm not going to reward a company with my hard-earned money when they deliver such a subpar product.

[quote name='shouamabane']Digital Bits says it's a new transfer.[/QUOTE]

Universal claimed that with Back to the Future too and we all saw what a disaster that was.

It's been five years since Blu-ray came out and Universal is still polluting the format by releasing horrible transfers with unnecessary digital molesting. I don't have high hopes for The Big Lebowski because it's in Universal's hands.

I will be very surprised if Universal does not recycle their old encode for the HD DVD/international Blu-ray releases of this, and if they don't, it will probably look even worse with an added thick coating of DNR.

All I'm saying is: Be wary.

[quote name='Scorch']Is this a digibook? I want this badly, but if it is, I'll wait.

/edit: Yep, digibook. Ugh.[/QUOTE]
Seconding that bro. Really hoping an unannounced non-DigiBook version shows up at Walmart like with Se7en.

[quote name='Xizer']Universal claimed that with Back to the Future too and we all saw what a disaster that was[/QUOTE]

the funny thing is that every single review I have seen written about BttF said the PQ was excellent. I have never watched it but it's odd.

[quote name='DestroVega']the funny thing is that every single review I have seen written about BttF said the PQ was excellent. I have never watched it but it's odd.[/QUOTE]Some people have some very different opinions, and there's nothing you can do to change those opinions.

Best not to respond in cases like that, as you won't win those arguments.

one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. best comedy ever made. i will own this on blu, regardless of the quality of the transfer. :)

Been waiting for this to be on blu for a while.

[quote name='Xizer']They couldn't even give Back to the Future proper treatment! Just disgraceful.
[/QUOTE]

What? Back to the future looks great, you don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should try actually watching it instead of reading some random site.

lol Xizer is right guys; just because some people think the BTtF set or other Universal releases look "good enough" for them, it doesn't mean they aren't bad, and could look better.

I know the issues this title has, but it's the Dude, and it's a Digibook, so I'm gonna have to pick it up.

[quote name='Shoulda Been Harvey']Seconding that bro. Really hoping an unannounced non-DigiBook version shows up at Walmart like with Se7en.[/QUOTE]

"Your out of your fucking element Donny!"

[quote name='seether254']"Your out of your fucking element Donny!"[/QUOTE]
Well... that's just like... your opinion man. A DigiBook on my rack with the other Blu-ray cases is bad Feng Shui. It's like someone pissing on your rug.

[quote name='Squarehard']Sure is a lot of complaining in this thread, and the blu hasn't even been released yet.[/QUOTE]

I just fucking hate it when people complain about complaints. ;)

j/k

I hurt my fragile brain a little bit analyzing what I just said above.

[quote name='Squarehard']Sure is a lot of complaining in this thread, and the blu hasn't even been released yet.[/QUOTE]

Universal has worked hard to earn this reputation. We all know what to expect from them now.

bread's done
Back