The BioWare Bazaar thread of get tokens, win auctions, get stuff

I already clicked on everyone's earlier today (thanks for the FF tool, btw). But my totals really haven't moved too much. Come on guys, let's all help eachother out. Just takes a few minutes with the add-on :bouncy:

I'm curious, is there a specific answer to questions like the one in the challenge now? I haven't finished Mass Effect 2 yet, but he hasn't had breakfast at all. Is this one where they actually want to see your creativity? Anyone have any clue?

[quote name='reininop']I'm curious, is there a specific answer to questions like the one in the challenge now? I haven't finished Mass Effect 2 yet, but he hasn't had breakfast at all. Is this one where they actually want to see your creativity? Anyone have any clue?[/QUOTE]

Yep, pretty sure anyway, all of the previous ones have had a specific correct answer from what I can tell. I answered "geth" for the current one about an hour ago, but haven't received a DM or anything. I seemed to recall that line in the game or as a meme though.

Hey Yoda - did you get your challenge points yet? Curious how long it takes to actually receive the point if you win a contest for the rest of us.

[quote name='microcuts777']Yep, pretty sure anyway, all of the previous ones have had a specific correct answer from what I can tell. I answered "geth" for the current one about an hour ago, but haven't received a DM or anything. I seemed to recall that line in the game or as a meme though.[/QUOTE]

Per the rules, DM's come 5 hours or so after the end of the challenge.

[quote name='reininop']Per the rules, DM's come 5 hours or so after the end of the challenge.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, that's what I get for sucking at reading rules. I'll let you know if I get a response. Side note: there should be another challenge up soon, this one has been sitting there for over 2 hours now.

List is updated.

Also, I still don't have my tokens for winning a challenge yesterday. Hopefully I'll have them soon.

Oh, and in case you haven't seen, there's a new challenge up. What did you name your dog in DA:O?

[quote name='YodaEXE']List is updated.

Also, I still don't have my tokens for winning a challenge yesterday. Hopefully I'll have them soon.

Oh, and in case you haven't seen, there's a new challenge up. What did you name your dog in DA:O?[/QUOTE]

I quickly posted something on this one. I'm hoping they give something for speed :)

Am I the only one not seeing challenge #10 on their twitter? Also, it seems that your token balance is a bit buggy when updating. Mine showed no improvement from yesterday, but when I refreshed the page, it jumped a 100 points. Refreshed again and it jumped another 100.

[quote name='Unknown50862']Wait... so you can submit the answer before the question is even up on Twitter?[/QUOTE]

I don't know why not. They've posted the question with a timer, seems unfair if you couldn't answer it yet.

I just got a message saying I won challenge number 8. What's the question for number 10? So I can submit my answer of course.

Edit: Never mind found it on the site.

Current Challenge:

Challenge #10 - What did you name Dog? Include #DragonAge in your response. (85m45s Remaining)

Can we answer challenges early or will we get disqualified?

[quote name='GenPirate']I just got a message saying I won challenge number 8. What's the question for number 10? So I can submit my answer of course./QUOTE]

It's better to check here, that way you can follow the time too:

http://social.bioware.com/user_tokens.php

I'm pretty sure it's not answering early considering it's the "Current Challenge" but it def. wasn't updated on Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pissed off to no end, Dragon Age Awakenings rewrote my old saves and I do not remember what I named my dog. I guess I will call him s$$$$er (which is my new favorite word).

Edit: It appears the censors do not like the word, even though the word is not a cuss and therefore should not be censored.

[quote name='GenPirate']I am pissed off to no end, Dragon Age Awakenings rewrote my old saves and I do not remember what I named my dog. I guess I will call him s$$$$er (which is my new favorite word).

Edit: It appears the censors do not like the word, even though the word is not a cuss and therefore should not be censored.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you realize it doesn't really matter, right? Just type some random name for a dog. They aren't fact checking the clearly open-ended challenges...

[quote name='microcuts777']Wait, you realize it doesn't really matter, right? Just type some random name for a dog. They aren't fact checking the clearly open-ended challenges...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I made up a new nickname for him. If you check my profile you can see my tweet as to what I renamed him (I would post it here but the censors block it).

[quote name='GenPirate']I just got a message saying I won challenge number 8. What's the question for number 10? So I can submit my answer of course.[/QUOTE]

Another winner that's not me...Congrats nonetheless

Really hate these twitter contests...people who win one (or more) have such an edge in winning auctions

[quote name='GenPirate']Yeah, that's why I made up a new nickname for him. If you check my profile you can see my tweet as to what I renamed him (I would post it here but the censors block it).[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you were genuinely worried about not being able to contribute because you didn't have the original name of your dog.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Another winner that's not me...Congrats nonetheless

Really hate these twitter contests...people who win one (or more) have such an edge in winning auctions[/QUOTE]
I agree it is a bit unfair, but at the same time, considering we aren't entirely sure how these auctions are actually going to work it's hard to say if there is much of an advantage. I'm hoping it works sorta like eBay in that you bid, but if you don't win, you're out nothing so you can just try again on something else. That would make me happy, especially since all I want are PC versions of some of the games.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I agree it is a bit unfair, but at the same time, considering we aren't entirely sure how these auctions are actually going to work it's hard to say if there is much of an advantage. I'm hoping it works sorta like eBay in that you bid, but if you don't win, you're out nothing so you can just try again on something else. That would make me happy, especially since all I want are PC versions of some of the games.[/QUOTE]

According to the rules, that's exactly how it'll work

To participate in an auction you can go to the auction page, enter the amount of tokens you wish to bid and click the Make Bid button during the duration of the active auction. Bids can only be made in denominations of ten (10) tokens and must be ten (10) tokens higher than the previous bid. Your token account will only be withdrawn from if you make the winning bid.

With only 412 prizes and up to 100 winners per twitter contest...only way for a non twitter winner to win is to hope that those who are winning slack off on referrals and to gather as much as we can.

Next Challenge is up guys, and it's actually on Twitter this time.

Current Challenge:

Challenge #11 - Shepard. Blasto. Who should become a Spectre next and why? Include #MassEffect in your response. (170m41s Remaining)

[quote name='Salamando3000']Really hate these twitter contests...people who win one (or more) have such an edge in winning auctions[/QUOTE]

They have a considerably small advantage compared to the people who can post their links on highly traveled websites. I think that's where the edge is going to be, referrals.

[quote name='demonology89']They have a considerably small advantage compared to the people who can post their links on highly traveled websites. I think that's where the edge is going to be, referrals.[/QUOTE]

You would have to get 500 unique clicks a day to make up for one challenge. That's pretty high travel click through for an individual.

[quote name='demonology89']They have a considerably small advantage compared to the people who can post their links on highly traveled websites. I think that's where the edge is going to be, referrals.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm ultimately concerned about what I'd call worst-case scenarios...someone who got all coins possible from one-time only things (registered all games, did the Dragon Age character creator, etc), won one or more twitter contests, and gets at least the 50 referral clicks a day every day. A non winner needs to have 500 more referral clicks just to break even with a case like that. That's not exactly a nontrivial number of clicks.

My concern is that there could very well be at least 400 of these worst case scenarios. 'Course, the real worst-case scenario person would be someone who abuses a very obvious (if you know the internet well enough) flaw with the referral system to generate potentially infinite tokens.

I am trying and trying to win a new pc through the BioWare bazaar...bought the games...but don't have a system to play them on...just trying to win...haven't won a single Twitter feed...

Here is my link:
social.bioware.com/brc/365405

Can you please add me to the list: social.bioware.com/brc/81113

I'm new so I can't hyperlink, thanks!
edit: oh, okay I went ahead and added myself to the wikia- is that what everyone is using the firefox addon to cilck?

I've used Yoda's list to do the clicks, but I'm only checking it once a day. My clicks are up, but there's way more people on the list than referrals, so definitely links >> people clicking regularly.

btw, thanks Yoda for making it so easy. I loved that you added little section dividers too :)

bread's done
Back