The BioWare Bazaar thread of get tokens, win auctions, get stuff

[quote name='Metalic']Hmm it seems the picture doesnt match the description of the auction. I hope someone outbids me.

it shows all those awesome shirts then says.

Description:

Dragon Age: Origins Grey Warden t-shirt & Griffon hat.

Edit: I badly want the "Enchantment" T shirt.[/QUOTE]

Thats really weird, the title says its a "shirt pack"... but doesnt suprise me that they mess something up considering the amount of auctions that are going to happen.

[quote name='Metalic']Hmm it seems the picture doesnt match the description of the auction. I hope someone outbids me.

it shows all those awesome shirts then says.

Description:

Dragon Age: Origins Grey Warden t-shirt & Griffon hat.

Edit: I badly want the "Enchantment" T shirt.[/QUOTE]
I say, take a screenshot. The title and picture show the shirt pack. I'd be willing to bet that Bioware would honor it. Or, the description could simply be wrong.

I'm currently at 9300 tokens and really hope the bids start dropping over the next few days. I've won one Twitter challenge, but have participated in nearly all of them.

Congratulations to all who have won, though! :)

[quote name='YodaEXE']I say, take a screenshot. The title and picture show the shirt pack. I'd be willing to bet that Bioware would honor it. Or, the description could simply be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yea i took a pic :)

I also made this post on the Bioware forums, but the topic was quickly closed. Anyway, here's why I'm optimistic:

It's obvious from the auction performance that many people amassed a considerable number of tokens. While it's easy to look at these seemingly ridiculous bids (such as 16,000+ for a computer) and be dispirited, that may be premature. Let's just take a look at the math of the contest to put things in a better perspective.

-Four auctions run every hour. (One per each 15 minutes)
-Ninety-six auctions run every full day. (Assuming the auctions run continuously)
-There are three full days, with just a few hours shy of a fourth, left in the contest. (Contest started today and ends at 4:00pm PDT on Saturday)

If the auctions do run continuously, we can count on there being at least another 288 auctions. While there may actually be a greater number of people in the 10,000+ token range, that does not guarantee every auction will end for those amounts. Psychology (and a little bit of common sense) also play a huge factor.

-People want different things. There are some who are content to win just anything, but not everyone will be competing for the same things.
-It's not realistic for all people to compete all the time. We all have our own schedules and can't be diligent enough to monitor the auctions 24/7.
-This is the first day of the contest. It's natural for the most dedicated members to be competing today and unsurprising to see lucrative bids.

I'm going to predict that the competition will lessen. Considering our investment in the contest thus far, a little optimism never hurts, right?

[quote name='Metalic']I badly want the "Enchantment" T shirt.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's what I want most out of everything I think.

btw, congrats on being the 4th (I think?) CAG winner! I'm pretty sure you got all those shirts. I'm glad all our clicking isn't going to waste.

How the heck did people get so many points? I entered several twitter contests with correct answers, but didn't ever get chosen. Tried to get clicks on my link too, but even with some referrals from here (thanks for those!), I'm still under 8k.

So far it seems like guys who mastered deceptive advertising / proxy abuse come out ahead, unless there's some other way to explain having upwards of 12k.

What ever happened to trying to keep bids low, and sniping at the last second anyways? All the abusing bidding (maxing out) makes me think that people have even more points to blow even if they were to win.

Btw, any clicks would be appreciated! :p

http://social.bioware.com/brc/1694982

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Yeah, that's what I want most out of everything I think.

btw, congrats on being the 4th (I think?) CAG winner! I'm pretty sure you got all those shirts. I'm glad all our clicking isn't going to waste.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Ill be clicking on everyons links now. Dont think ill make enough to win 2 auctions. lol

[quote name='Metalic']Thanks. Ill be clicking on everyons links now. Dont think ill make enough to win 2 auctions. lol[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone can win 2 prizes....

[quote name='mokonamoo']I don't think anyone can win 2 prizes....[/QUOTE]

On the site it says you can win 2 auctions. Dont know how thats possible though. (Points wise)

[quote name='Metalic']On the site it says you can win 2 auctions. Dont know how thats possible though. (Points wise)[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's what I meant :)... Everyone spends like 9-12k on stuff. It is highly unlikely to win again (point wise). Even if they put up like 1 mousepad, people would probably (still) spend 9-10k points on it :whistle2:#.

Id be surprised if they dont honor it, Metalic, and give you the shirt pack. The picture shows a shirt pack and so does the title.

I just looked at the rules, 6-8 weeks to get a prize is a long time to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OddLogik']
I just looked at the rules, 6-8 weeks to get a prize is a long time to wait.[/QUOTE]

Well atleast it wont be slashed like RF:G games. :lol:

[quote name='mokonamoo']Haha, that's what I meant :)... Everyone spends like 9-12k on stuff. It is highly unlikely to win again (point wise). Even if they put up like 1 mousepad, people would probably (still) spend 9-10k points on it :whistle2:#.[/QUOTE]

Yea that would be pretty hilarious. Cant say ive seen a bad prize yet. They all have there use, Bioware is just awesome like that.

[quote name='reininop']Big bet there Yoda :)[/QUOTE]
I REALLY wanted that stuff. I figured there was no chance of winning any other auctions with only 500 points left, so I dumped them all in, hoping that no one else would do the same. I'm very pleased. I will have an inflatable sword to prod my roommate with.

Congrats to those who've won things so far, been watching every auction but seeing as I only have about 7500 points I won't be winning anything for a couple days at least, once a lot of people are out of the running. :)

Clicked earlier, I'll hit them again in the morning.

[quote name='segabrain']BTW Metalic one of the descriptions did specifically say they were signed.[/QUOTE]

Thats why i said that ;)

Those 1000 tokens that would have won me the second PC auctioned off arrived in my account right after I finished the new ME2 Kasumi DLC. :cry:

[quote name='Arikado']Those 1000 tokens that would have won me the second PC auctioned off arrived in my account right after I finished the new ME2 Kasumi DLC. :cry:[/QUOTE]

How was the DLC?

As for the tokens, that sucks. Perhaps you can take solace in that the auction winner may have had tokens coming their way as well?

Nice win, Yoda... Was watching that item from the BioWare forums and you had some competition in there...

[quote name='Salamando3000']How was the DLC?

As for the tokens, that sucks. Perhaps you can take solace in that the auction winner may have had tokens coming their way as well?[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll never know. Still felt like I got kicked in the sack when I saw the winning bid, though.

I enjoyed the DLC. Kasumi's loyalty mission is very cool, I like her character, and the new SMG is badass. Thing is, I've got nothing left to do in the game on both my Infiltrator and my Adept. I've got an Engineer that I'm about to finish up a ME1 playthrough with though, so I'll have Kasumi for an entire playthrough. Zaeed really grew on me since he was on my Adept's squad most of the time, so I imagine it will be the same deal with Kasumi (and I already like her).

[quote name='TonyTheBossDanza']I'm coming for you Yoda[/QUOTE]
Sorry! Didn't mean to offend anyone. When I started doing all this, my goal was to get a copy of DA:O or ME2 for PC, and I was determined.

[quote name='Arikado']Guess I'll never know. Still felt like I got kicked in the sack when I saw the winning bid, though.

I enjoyed the DLC. Kasumi's loyalty mission is very cool, I like her character, and the new SMG is badass. Thing is, I've got nothing left to do in the game on both my Infiltrator and my Adept. I've got an Engineer that I'm about to finish up a ME1 playthrough with though, so I'll have Kasumi for an entire playthrough. Zaeed really grew on me since he was on my Adept's squad most of the time, so I imagine it will be the same deal with Kasumi (and I already like her).[/QUOTE]
I played through that earlier as well. She's a great character. Quite amusing, and the mission was pretty fun. I'm at the same point as you though. nothing left to do in my game. I'm probably going to start a new playthrough in ME1 and work my way through both games again.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Sorry! Didn't mean to offend anyone. When I started doing all this, my goal was to get a copy of DA:O or ME2 for PC, and I was determined.

I played through that earlier as well. She's a great character. Quite amusing, and the mission was pretty fun. I'm at the same point as you though. nothing left to do in my game. I'm probably going to start a new playthrough in ME1 and work my way through both games again.[/QUOTE]

Dunworry about it, I'm j/k.

Edit: make up for it by http://social.bioware.com/brc/1542168

Congratulations, Yoda! I saw you bidding on some other auctions earlier in the day and was really pulling for you.

Thanks for basically maintaining this thread, too. Would you mind posting back and telling us if they give you the option of choosing the platform for the game? I know it shows the PC version, but they did also list the console versions in the big prize list.

Updated the list through this post. I also made sure to get all the new people clicked. I think there are some duplicates, but it would take me forever to go through and check, so I'll leave it as is for now.

[quote name='ZangetsuZero']Congratulations, Yoda! I saw you bidding on some other auctions earlier in the day and was really pulling for you.

Thanks for basically maintaining this thread, too. Would you mind posting back and telling us if they give you the option of choosing the platform for the game? I know it shows the PC version, but they did also list the console versions in the big prize list.[/QUOTE]
Can do! So far all they've done is PM me and ask for my address, but I'll keep you updated if I hear any more.

[quote name='SPatin']Nice win, Yoda... Was watching that item from the BioWare forums and you had some competition in there...[/QUOTE]

What thread are the using on their forums? I can't find it.

When you win, they also send an email, but it may get forwarded to your spam folder. I know mine did.

Now, time to see if it's possible to win something else with a scant 100 tokens left...

How long was Kasumis DLC? I mite pick it up.

[quote name='Salamando3000']When you win, they also send an email, but it may get forwarded to your spam folder. I know mine did.

Now, time to see if it's possible to win something else with a scant 100 tokens left...[/QUOTE]

I didnt get a E-mail they sent me a private message on the bioware social on who to e-mail with the info.

Was from BioWare Bazaar.

2060euh.png

[quote name='Metalic']I didnt get a E-mail they sent me a private message on the bioware social on who to e-mail with the info.

Was from BioWare Bazaar.[/QUOTE]

I got both - an Email from Bioware telling me I had won, and a PM. Both directed me to send the same info to the same place.

[quote name='Salamando3000']When you win, they also send an email, but it may get forwarded to your spam folder. I know mine did.

Now, time to see if it's possible to win something else with a scant 100 tokens left...[/QUOTE]

Mine did too, I sent them a new email with the details they told me in a PM on the site before I saw it.

I only have eighty-four hundred tokens, so it seems that it wouldn't have mattered if I sat in front of my computer all day today anyway. I just hope I can get something later in the week then.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Gave ya a click. I'm also about to go through and update the list with new links from people, and I'll make sure yours gets on it.[/QUOTE]

Hey Yoda, if possible, can I please get in on the list? I started Sunday and did mass clicks for everybody on the big list and clicked all the strays in the actual thread and have continued to do so. I know most people aren't clicking outside the big list and deep in the thread for the people that come upon this later than everybody else.

http://social.bioware.com/brc/1111061

I'm heading to bed. Good luck everyone that is staying up to try to snag something when there arent as many people on.

Well I got half of my challenge tokens now. Wish I knew if they were from challenge #10 or #23 though. It really bugs me that the crediting for the challenges is so inconsistent. The challenges are the major factors in gaining points, you would think they'd have a working system to distribute them. If only I had the rest of my points, I'd have enough to compete in the auctions.

bread's done
Back