The Bit Generations series general discussion thread [Temporarily dirt cheap!]

I grabbed Boundish, Orbital, Dotstream, Digidrive, Dialhex and Soundvoyager in the Play-Asia sale.

IMO Orbital and Dotstream are the cream of the crop, really good games. I also really like Boundish, but it gets a bit repetitive after a while.

Orbital and Dotstream work really well for a quick 5 minute blast.

I recently got Dialhex, it's quite good. Easy to pick up, hard to master. Playing it is kinda like Tetris, requires a lot of zen-like concentration. My GF loves it too, so bonus.

Has anyone here beaten Dialhex, it gets PRETTY hard so I'm wondering.

[quote name='benjamouth']I grabbed Boundish, Orbital, Dotstream, Digidrive, Dialhex and Soundvoyager in the Play-Asia sale.

IMO Orbital and Dotstream are the cream of the crop, really good games. I also really like Boundish, but it gets a bit repetitive after a while.

Orbital and Dotstream work really well for a quick 5 minute blast.[/quote]

I agree - Orbital and Dotstream are easily my favorites.

Boundish for sure, and wavering between Digidrive and Dotstream. The simplicity of Dotstream is the appeal to me, while the complexity of Digidrive makes me not want to get it, but everyone is raving about it, thus confusing my decision.

Hey, I'm Digidrive's biggest fan. Let me help you. If you don't think you want something complex, don't get Digidrive. I cannot recommend Digidrive to anyone who doesn't think they might want it. Dotstream has its appeal, I suppose. I don't like it, but you might. Go with what sounds better.

Soundvoyager is definitely my favorite of all the ones I have (all of them but Coloris and Boundish). It's really just brilliant. Totally original.

Not sure what the time difference is, but I'm pretty sure the sale only lasts a few more hours. just ordered sound voyager :cool:

I recently ordered both Orbital and Dialhex. I had never imported anything up until that point, so I was unsure of what to expect. When they came I was pretty surprised. I half expected them to be crushed or messed up in some way (they weren't). The boxes are so little, but they are fucking awesome looking. The overall sense of style found in the games carried over into the packaging too.

I haven't played Orbital, though I probably should because everyone seems to love it. I have been playing Dialhex on a consistent basis and it is a really great puzzler. I am still pretty bad at it. In Solo mode, I have progressed to the sixth color (Blue) and in Endless mode I posted a high score of 102 Hex. The gameplay is nothing revolutionary, but it is extremely fun. The music is just so perfectly suited to this game. I love it...probably one of my favorites ever as far as game soundtracks go. I wholeheartedly recommend Dialhex to puzzle game fans or just anyone looking for a game that is engrossing even while played in short bursts.

Well I just received Dotstream and I have to say the packaging impresses as much as everyone says. It's a shame they couldn't find someway to bring these games over to the US, but they would've probably butchered the box design anyway.

And as for the game itself..it's fun, even in short bursts, and the music is definately catchy.

Now I'm on the edge on whether to purchase Dialhex or not..as of right now it's still on sale..and I'm very much tempted to place a order..

Picked up Dotstream and Dialhex from PA tonigh for just under $29 total. I can't wait to get them. I've been interested in these two since they were on the 1up Show last year.

I wish Orbital and Coloris would go back on sale...those are the last two I need.

Got digidrive in the mail today-- it's just like the reviews say. you are confused for the first ten minutes, kinda get it, then it clicks. It's definitely the most unique thing I've played in a long time-- very odd but fun.

I really am enjoying Dotstream. I was expecting the game to be pretty easy but after you beat the first couple of races it mostly picks up.

I'd by all means give this game a looking into.

[quote name='Nephilim']This is an excellent FAQ with screenshots.

digidrive faq

The same site has the best Orbital FAQ on the web.

Orbital FAQ[/QUOTE]
(Sorry I'm late to this thread, I really only read the deals forum) Thanks! (that's my site) And thanks for posting them here.

Orbital is definitely my favorite one, although I haven't played the others nearly as much. I have a bunch of footage of Orbital on my comp, but I never actually finished the video. I'll have to remember to post it when I finish it.

Just got Dialhex and Dotstream yesterday and I'm loving both.

Dialhex is pretty tough, as I barely got to the fifth color in the singleplay mode. Luckily that unlocked the endless mode, which has some scoring, but mostly for how many hexes you can get (my high score is 66).

Dotstream seems easy at first, but it gets tougher after the first GP. It does require some memorization to know how best to navigate each track. I'm still not sure how to use the power-ups I get and what they do. I like the simple look to the game, as it works well to show the basic elements of a racing game. I'm not sure what to make of the formation mode just yet, but it seems like an interesting idea.

I would love to play these, but the price is a show-stopper for me at this point. NOA, release a compilation, stat!

[quote name='ma']I would love to play these, but the price is a show-stopper for me at this point. NOA, release a compilation, stat![/QUOTE]

I really, really don't think

A) you'll find a better deal than the current 20% off sale through PlayAsia, which can net you the games for maybe 15 each if you include shipping,

and

B) that these will ever make it into the USA.

I'd love to be wrong on both points though.

Added bruin's dotstream write up (sorry for the lateness)
and info about the sale of course.

You hold outs are lucky!

anyone think that Dot Stream, Orbital or Sound Voyager have a chance of dropping again? I have Digidrive and Boundish in my cart, but I would rather have a few of the other three than these two, I think.

Dialhex puts in mind of Othello, almost... though I guess that's not accurate since nothing changes color. I just have a feeling I'd suck pretty majorly at it!

Picked up Boundish at PA.

Digidrive and Dialhex look too confusing.

Orbital and Dotstream look fun, and those are two I really want, but weren't on sale.

Coloris and Soundvoyager also weren't below $20, and I'm on the fence about buying them if they ever go on sale again.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Picked up Boundish at PA.

Digidrive and Dialhex look too confusing.

Orbital and Dotstream look fun, and those are two I really want, but weren't on sale.

Coloris and Soundvoyager also weren't below $20, and I'm on the fence about buying them if they ever go on sale again.[/quote]
Dialhex isn't that confusing. If you can play Zookeeper, you can play this. It's a little tough at first, but once you figure out how it works, it's an addictive puzzle game.

I finally jumped on Boundish & Digidrive. The ones I wanted (Dotstream, Sound Voyager, Coloris, Orbital) weren't 20% off and were $25. Hopefully they all go down to at least $15 again sometime soon.

Just got Boundish. I love the box. I'm really hoping, when they come back in stock, the rest of them will go back down to $15.

I like it. However, the mode on the top on the very right confuses me. :p

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']why the fuck have I not gotten these yet?[/QUOTE]

thought these would be right up your alley....
sucks they're back to $25.

I ordered Dotstream the other day from YesAsia and the game is flat out awesome!
The ONLY thing holding it back is lack of multiplayer support.

I really want to get Orbital but it looks as though the only place that has it in stock is Play-Asia for $25...I'm just afraid they will stop producting it if I keep waiting.

Bump because Orbital, Dialhex, Digidrive, Boundish and Soundvoyager are all $15 at Playasia. Dotstream was $15 as recently as 5 days ago but is now shippnig in a week, not 1-2 days, which is most likely why it's back to $25.

Coloris is shipping in 1-2 days but is also $25, so I suppose that won't be seeing a drop.

I wanted to buy Dotstream and Orbital the most. I passed on Dotstream last wek but I'm really tempted to buy Orbital at this price, especially since I haven't seen it discounted since the New Year sale.

Bumping topic cause Boundish, Coloris, and Digidrive are all 9.90. I got Sound Voyager for 14.90 a couple weeks ago but it looks like it's up to 24. The rest are OOS

Man. These are quality games. I highly suggest Digidrive and Soundvoyager. $10 for Digidrive is such a steal.

I've got Coloris and Dialhex, and honestly neither is very good. They're not worth even $10 each.

I still would like to get them all just because the boxes are neat and draw attention, but these games are not that good.

I absolutely loved Coloris when it came out; it was worth $25 to me then, so it's definitely worth $10 if you ask me.

Dotstream and Digidrive are also pretty damn amazing games in my opinion.

Boundish is just fuckin PONG, I wouldn't bother. The other ones are good but not really my cup.

Sound Voyager is freakin' amazing btw. You just need headphones obviously, but I also like to play at night with all the lights off right before I go to bed.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']I've got Coloris and Dialhex, and honestly neither is very good. They're not worth even $10 each.

I still would like to get them all just because the boxes are neat and draw attention, but these games are not that good.[/quote]

Do you want to sell Dialhex? I'm a big fan of puzzlers and just ran across this thread.... Out of stock at Play-Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
As posted in the Deals forum, Boundish, Coloris, and Digidrive are 7.43 each at Play-asia as they're running their 25% off sale.

Ordering all three knocks a dollar off one.

I also picked up a Famicom Mini (Classic NES) Legend of Zelda with the neat packaging for 7.43 as well.

I got my games from the Play-asia sale about a week ago and am really enjoying them so far.

Boundish is alright for what it is. I'll probably have to get another GBA wireless adapter to make the most of it.

Digidrive and Coloris, however, are absolute winners and are both insanely addicting. If they don't release these in NA somehow (individually or some anthology pack), I hope they at least consider setting them up as import VC or revamped WiiWare downloads. I hope to eventually pick up the rest. Sound Voyager and Orbital especially sound good.

bread's done
Back