The Black Parade leaked

TheSmokingPun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I hate emo, it's well known with a lot of people I know, I detest it.

Well, I hated My Chemical Romance, they were annoying, they looked, smelled, sang, breathed emo, they were just an utter annoyance.

Well, I heard Welcome to the Black Parade a few months ago when it was leaked, and was shocked at how it sounded more like a Queen-esqe power ballad rather than a screamo song. It had good guitar rifts, good drumming, good bass pattern, just overall good stuff.

The album leaked the other day, and I took a listen from a friend, who played it for me, this album is good. It's a story, of a young man who gets cancer and dies, and basically is his story of him in the afterlife. It's really good, but the emos will cry.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']*Waits for sneakypenguin to come in and rant about "real" emo* :lol:[/QUOTE]Emo is the new punk now, huh?

I personally see them as emo. The lyrics, my friends, THE LYRICS! Not to mention the whole "I'm a male but I wear make up" thing. Which is fine, to each his own, just... it's pretty damn emo.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']MCR is definitely not emo, but this is not the time nor place for THAT discussion...[/quote]

Well not the ORIGINAL emo like Mineral and all that. But they're neo emo. Neo + Emo= NEMO.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTTZKqyhIUQ[/MEDIA]

Let's go through the emo checklist:

Creepy? check
Death? check
Extra points if the video takes place at a funeral - check
Make-up on a boy? check
Extra points for black eye-liner? check
Singing sounds like crying/whining? check
Music is terrible? check
Number 1 video on trl? check
T-shirt for band sold at hot topic? check

seems emo to me

[quote name='danito']Well not the ORIGINAL emo like Mineral and all that. But they're neo emo. Neo + Emo= NEMO.[/QUOTE]

Woohoo, somebody who knows what their talking about. All this new drivel shouldn't even be called emo, as it has completely abandoned everything the genre once stood for.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit'][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTTZKqyhIUQ[/url]

Let's go through the emo checklist:

Creepy? check
Death? check
Make-up on a boy? check
Music is terrible? check

seems emo to me[/QUOTE]

Woohoo, someone who doesn't know what their talking about. But that's ok. ;)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Woohoo, somebody who knows what their talking about. All this new drivel shouldn't even be called emo, as it has completely abandoned everything the genre once stood for.[/QUOTE]What was that, exactly?

[quote name='jmcc']What was that, exactly?[/QUOTE]

Well, bands like Minor Threat, Black Flag, and Rites of Spring started singing about real life problems and (*OMFG /wrist*) emotions when the punk scene was bloated full of generic, same-old same-old lyrics. MT and BF don't really fall under the emo category, but they definietly had elements. It was unique at the time, and really started a new movement. So yeah, I'd say this is a bastardized, dilapitated, dumbed-down version of something that used to be great. Just my two cents, not trying to push my opinion on anybody.

MCR isn't Emo, bands like "As I Lay Dying" and shit are emo.

Panic at the Disco, MCR, is just punk pop.

[quote name='ph33r m3']MCR isn't Emo, bands like "As I Lay Dying" and shit are emo.

Panic at the Disco, MCR, is just punk pop.[/QUOTE]

As I Lay Dying are a Christian hardcore band. ;)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Well, bands like Minor Threat, Black Flag, and Rites of Spring started singing about real life problems and (*OMFG /wrist*) emotions when the punk scene was bloated full of generic, same-old same-old lyrics. MT and BF don't really fall under the emo category, but they definietly had elements. It was unique at the time, and really started a new movement. So yeah, I'd say this is a bastardized, dilapitated, dumbed-down version of something that used to be great. Just my two cents, not trying to push my opinion on anybody.[/QUOTE]So like a dude Lilith Fair, got it.

Guys, let's not defend emo music. It's like defending cancer.

Guy1: We need to cure cancer!
Guy2: But cancer is pretty cool, and I'm talking about the original cancer, not this new kind.
Guy1: Wtf?

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Guys, let's not defend emo music. It's like defending cancer.

Guy1: We need to cure cancer!
Guy2: But cancer is pretty cool, and I'm talking about the original cancer, not this new kind.
Guy1: Wtf?[/QUOTE]Hey, some of us believe that cancer is the key to the next phase in human evolution. Complain about cancer killing people, not cancer itself, please.

I think their musical style shift stands a good chance of capturing a new audience...which will replace the people who don't like the change.

[quote name='dafunkk12']I think their musical style shift stands a good chance of capturing a new audience...which will replace the people who don't like the change.[/quote]

Exactly. Think of who this is going to be marketed towards. 12 year old girls and those silly bastards known as scene kids.

[quote name='danito']Exactly. Think of who this is going to be marketed towards. 12 year old girls and those silly bastards known as scene kids.[/QUOTE]
The most exposure I get to "the kids" and their musical preferences these days are when the kids go over to the iPod plugged into the speaker stand in the MP3 department across from where I work, crank it up so that it even drowns out the store's overhead music, and do some crazy synchronized dancing to Panic At the Disco. I like old MCR, middle MCR, and I like new MCR. And I have the very distinct impression that "the kids" won't like the band's new persona because it's far less cynical and brooding than before. It's become almost uplifting now, and you can't go being optimistic about dark themes in your black clothes, now can you? And some songs are too self-aware-ly kitzchy for all the teens trying too hard to prove themselves to the world and taking themselves entirely too seriously. Oh, yes, they'll cry about it because that's what they do these days.

They were always a theatrical band, but the new album sounds like they've taken it to epic proportions, with good ol' power ballads and arena rock.

And honestly, don't 12 year old girls like everything? I think their marketability is just a given.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']There has never been anything emo about MCR.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: This nearly made me spit out my food.

i saw them on tv tonight. it wasn't very good. at all.

i saw them open for piebald a few years ago, and they didn't seem to take themselves so seriously then. they just sounded like a bunch of guys who liked the misfits, but also really really liked thursday. they were pretty ok, but the kids hated it, so i'm kind of surprised they've gotten so popular.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Let's go through the emo checklist:

Creepy? check
Death? check
Make-up on a boy? check
Music is terrible? check

seems emo to me[/QUOTE]
when i was in high school the kids called that goth.

[quote name='dafunkk12']The most exposure I get to "the kids" and their musical preferences these days are when the kids go over to the iPod plugged into the speaker stand in the MP3 department across from where I work, crank it up so that it even drowns out the store's overhead music, and do some crazy synchronized dancing to Panic At the Disco.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That made me chuckle quite heartily.

I bought the last album for my wife because she really liked the first single off it. I really wanted to hate it but it seemed to be an alright album. I have always wondered how groups in the emo genre can keep their music somber and depressing after they hit it big. Also where does a group like Death Cab fall into this, because i don't care wat anyone says I think thye put out good music

[quote name='jlarlee']I bought the last album for my wife because she really liked the first single off it. I really wanted to hate it but it seemed to be an alright album. I have always wondered how groups in the emo genre can keep their music somber and depressing after they hit it big. Also where does a group like Death Cab fall into this, because i don't care wat anyone says I think thye put out good music[/QUOTE]

Not even remotely emo, they would be considered indie pop.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Not even remotely emo, they would be considered indie pop.[/QUOTE]
Ah ok, I really don't keep track of the sub genres, when I classify music i go about as deep as Rock,alternative,rnb,rap, country

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']:rofl: That made me chuckle quite heartily.[/QUOTE]
If you were in my place, you'd roll your eyes and groan. And curse having to stay in your department, unable to wander away to a different part of the store.

[quote name='danito']Well not the ORIGINAL emo like Mineral and all that. But they're neo emo. Neo + Emo= NEMO.[/QUOTE]

Yep, its a damn shame when a masterpiece like The Power of Failing is catagorized in with trash like My Chemical Romance.

they have had like one good song..sometimes u gotta take a look at things for what they are listen to the production and exept that u might like something thats emo/corny.

The best example I can give is evanescence people that dont like the kind of music would say its stupid but if u put a album in u might be suprised.

If anything u can like things like a normal person the emo kids can cut themsevles to it everybodys happy!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']*Waits for sneakypenguin to come in and rant about "real" emo* :lol:[/QUOTE][quote name='SneakyPenguin']I will refrain from going into too much music cuntness, and just say I really wish this nu-emo fad would pass.[/QUOTE] Shit, denied. Oh well, it's pretty much been taken care of anyway. :lol:

bread's done
Back