The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Everyone knows the first rule of Cheap Ass Gamer is that you don't talk about Cheap Ass Gamer. We should be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

[quote name='eugaet']Man, not all of them. That's why I had to get the Goo Gone, and that didn't even remove all the residue. Maybe it was just that one BB/GR, but those were some stubborn stickers.[/quote]

Just make sure none of the blue is showing and you should be good. I've traded in some games with goo and the employees don't even raise an eyebrow. They might even be thinking that it was goo from a previous sticker that was applied by some GS employee ;).

[quote name='JJSP']Everyone knows the first rule of Cheap Ass Gamer is that you don't talk about Cheap Ass Gamer. We should be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.[/quote]

I see what you did there. Clever.

[quote name='leung19']Today is 7/10 and last day for 25% off, should i load up some 360 game tomorrow? Does anyone know if BB change TIV nightly or weekly?[/quote]

Did you bother to read the first post or did you skip straight to the second?

[quote name='luan87us']isn't it common sense to not leave any trail to your sin? And talking like jmiller is totally selfish. You're not just get YOURSELF banned from a store but you might also affect other members of this precious forum that GAVE YOU ALL THE INFOS about how to get all your flipping credits. Those jr.detectives might info the coporate and set up flag against us CAGs( for example the drop value of F4:RoSS). You're leeching from the community so at least try not to harm that community that's benefiting you. And best way to get these flippings go smooth is MAKE Friend with manager/worker at stores you're working with someone mentioned this earlier. It's a great thing to be friendly with them. You give out a little(buying them candy or drinks) but in return you will get great reward in return =). Like this guy @ my GS he basically gave me 1$ credit more for every games i traded in today XD[/quote]

at GS ~~~ Thumbs up! surveys, brownies, chex mix, beer and an outfit for a new baby daughter has worked for me....:bouncy:

at BB ~~~ Only nice calls to corporate so far...I need to bake somethin! thanks for reminding me...

I am done. There are just no games left at any BBVs around here, unless I am willing to drive like 10 miles. Used up all my BBV credit except for about $60 at one store, which will pay for SW:Force Unleashed.

Still have 6 games left to trade tomorrow which will net me about $170 GS credit for last few days. Also, bought and kept Dungeon Siege, RE4, and Sly Cooper 3. Not bad from 4 FFs and a couple of SSTs.

[quote name='leung19']Today is 7/10 and last day for 25% off, should i load up some 360 game tomorrow? Does anyone know if BB change TIV nightly or weekly?[/quote]

Damn! I missed a whole day!:booty::booty::booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IcyFlame']aight.. some 360 TIVs for GS:
all listed as base values.

title(BB price): TIV@GS (after EDGE + $10)
Bullet Witch (14.99): 2.75 (8.03)
Monster Madness (14.99): 3.50 (8.85)
PotC (9.99): 3.00 (8.30)
Cabela's Alaskan (14.99): 6.00 (11.60)
Spiderman: FoF (12.99): 5.00 (10.50)
Spiderman 3 (9.99): 3.50 (8.85)
Lost Planet (14.99): 5.00 (10.50)
Stranglehold (14.99): 3.50 (8.85)
enchanted arms (14.99?): 5.00 (10.50)
all pro football 2k8 (9.99): 1.50 (6.65)
VT3 (9.99): 4.25 (9.67)
WWE 2007 (9.99): 2.75 (8.03)
Shrek 3rd (9.99): 5.00 (10.50)
MtR (6.99): 3.25 (8.57)
[/QUOTE]

can also verify icyflame's prices for OKC. not all bad though. there are a very few things ringing up higher than the national prices after bonus and edge (so we are making up a tiny bit, although certainly getting screwed overall)

conan - 12.70
juiced 2 - 13.80
beautiful katamari - 13.80

i also didn't post prices and risk the fear and hysteria that would ensue !!!

ICYFLAME - what stores have you hit (so i won't bother going there)? hit 50th and Mac, Hefner and Rockwell and 122 and May yesterday and 23rd between Penn and May today....

Some Nice last gen games I noticed (for playing - not flipping)
Echo night beyond(PS2) - 9.99
Godhand(PS2) - 9.99
Darkwatch(PS2) - 9.99
Darkwatch(Xbox) - 7.99
Half Life(PS2) - 9.99
Shadow of collosus(PS2) - 14.99

Has anyone been rejected for not having cases or cover at GS?
I got rejected today at one place without original covers. Havent tried another place yet.

[quote name='DrNo888']Has anyone been rejected for not having cases or cover at GS?
I got rejected today at one place without original covers. Havent tried another place yet.[/quote]

I've never heard of this happening before. If you think about it, GS sells used games without original covers sometimes... which wouldn't make sense if they didn't buy used games without covers.

That's what I told him. He still insisted on not taking them. I found that a lot of the stores around here have jerks working there. At least there are a couple of stores that has nice people otherwise I wouldnt step foot in a GS. Well, that and flipping haha.

hmm DrNo you shoulda grab a copy of a game in that store without cover and bring it up to him as if you were gonna buy it but then say oh waitttt! this game has no cover? WTF No thanks! to see how he reacts to that. That woulda been so fun.

After actually playing one of the BB games I picked up, I've determined that whoever came up with Beautiful Katamari was on fucking crack, and that the King is a dickhead.

I might have to keep this one.

I found a Pikmin 2 from out of nowhere tonight so I grabbed that and Stranglehold, since I couldn't find much else. Cost me $15.

Last night I went there and grabbed Amped 3(360), WSOP 2007(360), Far Cry Instincts Predator(360), and DBZ Tenkaichi 2(Wii) for $15 each. I also grabbed Gauntlet Dark Legacy(GC) and Prince of Persia WW(GC) for $10 each. They didn't actually ring up DBZ (the alarm went off but I didn't know why until now) and they took away the two $9.99 games instead of one of the $15 games. So, even though they didn't charge me for the $15 game, I still lost $5 out of it. I'm going to try and get it back if it doesn't take too much effort.

I also just noticed tonight that they had Prince of Persia The Two Thrones for the Xbox, and I was wondering if BB would just let me exchange the one I have since they are the same price. Do they have a weird return policy?

My GameRush sucks though. Almost all of their games aren't priced correctly (Amped 3 and WSOP were marked at $20), they don't know about most promotions (I had to tell them about this one), and they stole my credit awhile back.

[quote name='luan87us']isn't it common sense to not leave any trail to your sin? And talking like jmiller is totally selfish. You're not just get YOURSELF banned from a store but you might also affect other members of this precious forum that GAVE YOU ALL THE INFOS about how to get all your flipping credits. Those jr.detectives might info the coporate and set up flag against us CAGs( for example the drop value of F4:RoSS). You're leeching from the community so at least try not to harm that community that's benefiting you. And best way to get these flippings go smooth is MAKE Friend with manager/worker at stores you're working with someone mentioned this earlier. It's a great thing to be friendly with them. You give out a little(buying them candy or drinks) but in return you will get great reward in return =). Like this guy @ my GS he basically gave me 1$ credit more for every games i traded in today XD[/quote]

No he didn't give you an extra 1 credit for every game. You probably cant add right:cool:

[quote name='jmiller']No, he didn't give you an extra $1 credit for every game. You probably can't add right.[/quote]I fixed that for you. If you're going to be an ass, you might as well use proper punctuation.

[quote name='jmiller']No he didn't give you an extra 1 credit for every game. You probably cant add right:cool:[/quote]
oh why i wonder on my receive says Bonus: 1$ under the Bonus: 5$ and above the Edge card bonus? Hmmmm? Can anyone tell me what happened? Oh yeah also how he hooked me up with an edge card + 12 issues of GI for only 9.99? weir science huh? Not to mention i used to have all A in my math course at my university ( From calculus 1 - ODE).

PS: Oh wait i also forgot last time when i traded in some accessories he evened out the trade from 18.xx cash to 20$ cash for me hmmm? this is just some damn weir science.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Buy 2 $14.99 games and pair them together. That's what I've done so far... You will get one free if the employee does it right.[/quote]

i tried to do that but they keep fxxk it up or they dont even know the B1G1 deal.

also i never gotten the $15 bonus deal with real barcode.

oh yea
Two words is still not 14.99

[quote name='luan87us']oh why i wonder on my receive says Bonus: 1$ under the Bonus: 5$ and above the Edge card bonus? Hmmmm? Can anyone tell me what happened? Oh yeah also how he hooked me up with an edge card + 12 issues of GI for only 9.99? weir science huh? Not to mention i used to have all A in my math course at my university ( From calculus 1 - ODE)[/QUOTE]
You ladies wanna bitch, take it to the blogs.

[quote name='leung19']i tried to do that but they keep fxxk it up or they dont even know the B1G1 deal.

also i never gotten the $15 bonus deal with real barcode.

oh yea
Two words is still not 14.99[/quote]
I can confirm Two worlds isn't 14.99. It's 24.99. I had it scanned @ 2 different BBV and they both were sticked with a 29.99 sticker the clerk put on new sticker after i ask for price check.

[quote name='eugaet']Man, not all of them. That's why I had to get the Goo Gone, and that didn't even remove all the residue. Maybe it was just that one BB/GR, but those were some stubborn stickers.[/quote]

Very true. I peeled off all the stickers but didn't bother with the Goo Gone since I was trading them in. If I was keeping them, though, I'd be ticked. I thought GS stickers were tough. And a couple games, the sticker was inside the cover over the bar code. No chance of taking those off without peeling the cover.

And as far as leaving a trail, about 95% of the games I bought at BBV came in black rental cases, so it doesn't exactly take Kojak to figure out where I got them ...

As others have pointed out, it's amazing the difference in moods between GS and BBV when trading things in. At some BBV, managers look at me suspiciously when I trade in multiple games that are practically brand new (all different titles, BTW). While at GS, I swear I could trade in games caked in blood, and as long as there aren't any circular scratches, they don't bat an eye.

Well, I think I'm done with flipping for quite some time. After turning $68 cash into $480 BB (FF4) and $34 cash into $330 GS, I've come to the realization that I've wasted too much time flipping and ignored the very reason I started to flip in the first place- to play any game I wanted for any console I wanted. I do have a couple of tips if anyone's interested in more flipping.

-don't ignore Gamecube games as they can be more lucrative than 360 games. I found Zelda TP and Smash Bros in the 14.99 bin and they traded in for $27.50 (w/ edge) at gamestop.

-the Harry Potter flip is better than most people are giving it credit for. It's the only GS game I used to move GS credit to BB and every store I went to had at least three copies. Three HP cost around $32 and turn into $48 BB which can turn into $100 GS credit if you do the right 9.99 games.

-the GS refurb fee is pretty YMMV but I think they are starting a new initiative of improving their quality of discs since two stores I went to had massive efforts going on to get rid to beat up discs. One of these stores that I went to closely inspected each game disc and hit me with refurb fees while another just opened the box and accepted the same games without even looking at the disc.

-it is possible to get them to cancel a refurb fee by reminding them of the low quality discs they themselves have up for sale (works better if you're a regular)

-finally, most importantly, remember why you started to flip in the first place - to be able to pay less for games that you want to play and not to build insane amounts of credit at BB or GS. I'll be returning to Final Fantasy 9 myself and if anyone here lives in the West Bloomfield area, pm me and I can tell you which BB still have the good 9.99 games.

leung19

for the ghIII issue you can tell the guy you bought the game there a while back as i have bought games at bbv that are in display only cases with no barcode .

[quote name='viernes3am5']Well, I think I'm done with flipping for quite some time. After turning $68 cash into $480 BB (FF4) and $34 cash into $330 GS, I've come to the realization that I've wasted too much time flipping and ignored the very reason I started to flip in the first place- to play any game I wanted for any console I wanted. I do have a couple of tips if anyone's interested in more flipping.

-don't ignore Gamecube games as they can be more lucrative than 360 games. I found Zelda TP and Smash Bros in the 14.99 bin and they traded in for $27.50 (w/ edge) at gamestop.

-the Harry Potter flip is better than most people are giving it credit for. It's the only GS game I used to move GS credit to BB and every store I went to had at least three copies. Three HP cost around $32 and turn into $48 BB which can turn into $100 GS credit if you do the right 9.99 games.

-the GS refurb fee is pretty YMMV but I think they are starting a new initiative of improving their quality of discs since two stores I went to had massive efforts going on to get rid to beat up discs. One of these stores that I went to closely inspected each game disc and hit me with refurb fees while another just opened the box and accepted the same games without even looking at the disc.

-it is possible to get them to cancel a refurb fee by reminding them of the low quality discs they themselves have up for sale (works better if you're a regular)

-finally, most importantly, remember why you started to flip in the first place - to be able to pay less for games that you want to play and not to build insane amounts of credit at BB or GS. I'll be returning to Final Fantasy 9 myself and if anyone here lives in the West Bloomfield area, pm me and I can tell you which BB still have the good 9.99 games.[/quote]

Wow man thanks for the info on the GC games. Will have to check my BBV again tomorrow for those.

[quote name='viernes3am5']finally, most importantly, remember why you started to flip in the first place - to be able to pay less for games that you want to play and not to build insane amounts of credit at BB or GS.[/quote]

Very true. I know I've spent a lot of time flipping lately while my back log just gets bigger and bigger. It just seems like these past couple weeks have been the "perfect storm" of deals between BBV and GS to generate lots of store credit. I can quit tomorrow. Honest.

[quote name='IcyFlame']aight.. some 360 TIVs for GS:
all listed as base values.

title(BB price): TIV@GS (after EDGE + $10)
Bullet Witch (14.99): 2.75 (8.03)
PotC (9.99): 3.00 (8.30)
VT3 (9.99): 4.25 (9.67)[/quote]

wtf? bullet witch was 4, potc was 4, and vt3 was 6 yesterday. man, these are dropping like flies....

[quote name='UCLAevo']wtf? bullet witch was 4, potc was 4, and vt3 was 6 yesterday. man, these are dropping like flies....[/quote]

Just a thought but maybe read just a LITTLE BIT....

Yesterday- $507 BB credit/ $62 GS credit

Today- $298 BB credit/ $430 GS credit

36 games in total(still have 4 on hold). Been lucky in that I've found alot of BK and VT3 in my area. I've also have been trading some $14.99 games (without benefit of $15 coupon) but BK and VT3 has made up for them.

When I was trading in at the first GS, the guy asked me if I had robbed BB(10 out of 12 cases were BB's). He chuckled and I just laughed it off without giving an explanation. There is no need to give out more info than is necessary.

Haven't had any luck using the scan of the $15 bonus credit coupon. I was rejected at all 4 GS where I traded.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Just a thought but maybe read just a LITTLE BIT....[/quote]

I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one getting annoyed by all these stupid posts. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that people on read the second post and the last two posts.

Thanks for the info on Smash Bros. and TP.

I always read all the unread posts but it is getting ridiculous reading through 10 pages of posts every time I log on. Wasn't this thread started not that long ago and already 2472 posts. Wow. At this rate, we will pretty soon need thread #14.

* I know my post doesn't help either but just adding my .02.

actually, i've been out all night and needed to read 8 pages of posts. i replied to that one from the earlier pages, and about 3 pages later i find out that it's all an OKC hoax. so, i can read posts in reverse chronological order, or not respond. if you are really that annoyed, then why do you even bother responding? people are so ridiculously easy to piss off now.

[quote name='emg28']I always read all the unread posts but it is getting ridiculous reading through 10 pages of posts every time I log on. Wasn't this thread started not that long ago and already 2472 posts. Wow. At this rate, we will pretty soon need thread #14.

* I know my post doesn't help either but just adding my .02.[/quote]

Ironically enough, this thread is half populated by posts such as the one I was annoyed by. Posts that have been answered 10 times already and more often then not VERY recently to the poster asking the question.

[quote name='UCLAevo']actually, i've been out all night and needed to read 8 pages of posts. i replied to that one from the earlier pages, and about 3 pages later i find out that it's all an OKC hoax. so, i can read posts in reverse chronological order, or not respond. if you are really that annoyed, then why do you even bother responding? people are so ridiculously easy to piss off now.[/quote]

Heres a tip for the future. Read from where you left off, if you find a post you would like to respond to before you are done reading simply hit that "+" button for the multi quote and move on. Continue reading and any posts you find that you would like to respond to hit that "+" button for them. Then when you are done catching up simply hit the "quote" button for any of the last posts. Then you will have all the posts you wanted to respond to ready to go.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']
Heres a tip for the future. Read from where you left off, if you find a post you would like to respond to before you are done reading simply hit that "+" button for the multi quote and move on. Continue reading and any posts you find that you would like to respond to hit that "+" button for them. Then when you are done catching up simply hit the "quote" button for any of the last posts. Then you will have all the posts you wanted to respond to ready to go.[/quote]

thank you. that's a much more constructive post. i don't know how multi-quotes work, but i will try that next time.

even if you didn't want to post something as constructive, you could still just respond by just giving the answer and stating that it was already discussed (i.e. 'that was just an OKC tiv and we cleared that up a few pages ago'), instead of trying to be an e-hardass all the time.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']1) As for the GHIII "NOT FOR RESALE" in place of the barcode. I have just told them its form the bundle and they dont have barcodes because the bundle box has it. And they either just look it up manually or just grab one of the rental cases and scan that barcode.[/quote]

I'm honestly surprised you got away with that as here in Ohio they won't accept it without the guitar if they suspect it came from the bundle. Because of this in order to flip all of my GH without hassle I had to remove the cover art first.

Btw are 60 GIGs a rare commodity in Blockbuster? I've decided to cut my losses and hunt for that instead after some research. Apparently the only real difference between the two is the extra 20 Gigs. >_>

[quote name='UCLAevo']thank you. that's a much more constructive post. i don't know how multi-quotes work, but i will try that next time.

even if you didn't want to post something as constructive, you could still just respond by just giving the answer and stating that it was already discussed (i.e. 'that was just an OKC tiv and we cleared that up a few pages ago'), instead of trying to be an e-hardass all the time.[/quote]

I dont try to be an e-hardass. I just dont like to spoon feed people either. You know that saying... give a fish/teach to fish/day/life...yeah all that jazz. ;)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm honestly surprised you got away with that as here in Ohio they won't accept it without the guitar if they suspect it came from the bundle. Because of this in order to flip all of my GH without hassle I had to remove the cover art first.

Btw are 60 GIGs a rare commodity in Blockbuster? I've decided to cut my losses and hunt for that instead after some research. Apparently the only real difference between the two is the extra 20 Gigs. >_>[/quote]

Well that would make no sense whatsoever. Its not like GH3 is the ONLY game that the GH guitar works with. Why give up the guitar when you have other GH games (and in the case of 360 Rockband) that the guitar is compatible with. That was my reasoning. I dont see why they wouldnt take it as a trade.

As for BBV having 60GBs... considering Sony doesnt make them anymore and hasnt for at LEAST 6 months (I believe its quite longer actually), no you wont find one at a BBV. The models Sony is producing now are th 80GB and the 40GB. The 40GB being the more populated one and the 80GB only available in the MGS4 Bundle with DS3. That would be the one most BBV would likely have if they have any at all.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Well that would make no sense whatsoever. Its not like GH3 is the ONLY game that the GH guitar works with. Why give up the guitar when you have other GH games (and in the case of 360 Rockband) that the guitar is compatible with. That was my reasoning. I dont see why they wouldnt take it as a trade.[/quote]

I wish I had thought to argue that point instead but luckily the no cover art worked out for me.

As for BBV having 60GBs... considering Sony doesnt make them anymore and hasnt for at LEAST 6 months (I believe its quite longer actually), no you wont find one at a BBV. The models Sony is producing now are th 80GB and the 40GB. The 40GB being the more populated one and the 80GB only available in the MGS4 Bundle with DS3. That would be the one most BBV would likely have if they have any at all.
...Ridiculous. The 40 doesn't have BC and the 80 is rumored to be discontinued as well. Surely it appears I'm better off waiting until next year or just saving up for a retail purchase as I originally intended. I'll try calling around tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for information.

I'm going to voluntarily stop posting until this promo is over since I figure you guys don't want to hear every single trade story (and I refuse to read 4 pages of what feels like 4chan posts). See you guys in a week or two.

[quote name='DarthPuma']That sucks about Midway. I would have gotten it tomorrow if it hadn't been a dollar too much for the promo.[/quote]

No, it's $15.99 new at GS (part of the final clearance). The assumed TIV at GS would therefor be $5 or so.

[quote name='CaoPi']battlestation is 15.99 (360) I saw this in the final days sales bin, but it's getting 5 at least for base TIV?[/quote]

[quote name='DarthPuma']That sucks about Midway. I would have gotten it tomorrow if it hadn't been a dollar too much for the promo.[/quote]

Just to be clear, he was quoting the price at Gamestop at 15.99. Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing Midway at BBV so not sure on the price.

A small collection of flippable games at my local BBV, picked up 2 sets, have to limit myself since I havent built any BBV credit yet, so its cash investments right now until I get a good GS amount.

Quick notes

1. The cheaper games usually have the best value to trade in. I took a closer look yesterday after buying up strangleholds and conan etc. Avoid $15 games unless you have left over credit to transfer. I posted this before but always pair the $15 game together or the system will take the cheaper game off the total.

2. I dont take off my BB tags on the games because GS doesnt care. But to be safe on my last haul of dumps ill take them off just to be safe. I really dont think it matters.

3. BB has two worlds for $25 not $15.

4. CAG please say goodbye to these lovely games.

a1105f9124860.gif

[quote name='Bezerker']
$210 cash (15 fatal inertias) & $120 GS Credit -> $750 BB credit
[/QUOTE]
How in the hell did you find so many? There were only about 4 in a 30 mile radius around me (which includes 10-12 GS stores). Luckily for me 2 were at 1 store. I might be by one of the others tomorrow but then that's it - 3 of 'em, and I considered that lucky.

[quote name='eugaet']
So...I'm kinda itching to move this back to BB/GR now...was there a rumor about GS/EB doing a BXGYF coming soon? Trying to decide if I should sit on it for now or try to move it back with the 25% off used 360 game coupon. Recommendations, anyone? (Aside from 'Get a damn Edge card, already!')[/QUOTE]
There's been a continuous rumor of B2G1 at GS for the past month+ now. It will happen sooner or later - there will always be opportunities to move credit from GS to BB. It's the other way around that's rare.

[quote name='eugaet']Man, not all of them. That's why I had to get the Goo Gone, and that didn't even remove all the residue. Maybe it was just that one BB/GR, but those were some stubborn stickers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, BB cases are fine - it's those stickers. And I have been having a hell of a time getting some off. It is particularly bad on some of these really old games that have been sitting there a year or more - the stickers have seeminly merged right into the case plastic. I do my best but I gave up on my last run Tues night when we hit up the Mall and my son had to go to the bathroom. I just ripped off all of the surface of the stickers so they couldn't tell it was from BB and left it at that. (The barcode strips on the other hand usually come off pretty easily).

[quote name='DrNo888']I am done. There are just no games left at any BBVs around here, unless I am willing to drive like 10 miles. Used up all my BBV credit except for about $60 at one store, which will pay for SW:Force Unleashed.[/QUOTE]
You're kidding, right? Except for my 1 local BB, I have a minimum 10 mile trip to get to any other BB or any GS stores at all! I'm planning on a 50-60 mile loop tomorrow.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']Some Nice last gen games I noticed (for playing - not flipping)
Echo night beyond(PS2) - 9.99[/QUOTE]
Ah, an old flipping classic right there. No doubt the game you got was mint as it was probably purchased new at GS for $10 and flipped for $32 or so (I forget the exact details but could pull out an old receipt to find out).

[quote name='JJSP']After actually playing one of the BB games I picked up, I've determined that whoever came up with Beautiful Katamari was on fucking crack, and that the King is a dickhead.

I might have to keep this one.[/QUOTE]
:lol:. Yeah, it is definitely a keeper - I keep telling everyone that.

[quote name='salty tbone']Very true. I know I've spent a lot of time flipping lately while my back log just gets bigger and bigger. It just seems like these past couple weeks have been the "perfect storm" of deals between BBV and GS to generate lots of store credit. I can quit tomorrow. Honest.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. This won't happen again for a long time, if ever. I mean, I thought the $10 promo at GS just as a method of transferring from BB at even money or a very slight gain was pretty good - then along came the B1G1 to make it actually profitable. Wow... In fact, I think I can safely say that in my 3 1/2 years of dealing with BB/GR there has never been an opportunity like this to build up GS credit via BBV. I was able to build up some Gamecrazy credit when they had a 50% trade-in bonus that applied to DS and PSP games and BBV had a B1G1 - but nothing of this magnitude since those titles were somewhat limited. The nice thing is after this I could "retire" from flipping and have all the games I want for this generation, next generation's systems, and probably a couple of years of games for next generation's systems all paid for as of right now.

[quote name='djkunai']I'm going to voluntarily stop posting until this promo is over since I figure you guys don't want to hear every single trade story (and I refuse to read 4 pages of what feels like 4chan posts). See you guys in a week or two.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering what you were up to. I figured you were either busy with real responsibilities for a change and sitting this one out or (more likely) so busy flipping things that you were too exhausted to post. I don't think we need all the details, but a nice summary of your totals would be interesting to see. I'm going to post my totals tomorrow (I promise it will be a much shorter summary than my last one). I'm going to total up my BB->GS transfer total since the beginning of June which should be a pretty large sum.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm honestly surprised you got away with that as here in Ohio they won't accept it without the guitar if they suspect it came from the bundle. Because of this in order to flip all of my GH without hassle I had to remove the cover art first.

Btw are 60 GIGs a rare commodity in Blockbuster? I've decided to cut my losses and hunt for that instead after some research. Apparently the only real difference between the two is the extra 20 Gigs. >_>[/quote]It's worth checking around for, but try low traffic stores as far as console purchases like BBV/GR, Sears, KMart. I got my 60 at the end of February at a GR and they still had another one a few weeks ago when I asked. I also saw a 60 GB in Bristol, TN at a KMart. They're still out there, just in really limited supply. Still $500 at Kmart by the way.

has anyone ever tried asking at the counter of bbv of specific games they have? when i was checking out at one of the bbv, i saw couple of games in their spindle (only store that i actually saw that keep all their games in a spindle) that didn't have cases at the used game area. so do people think we are able to just ask for a game and see if they have it? or would most not bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back