The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

its not stealing when the idiots dont know how to work there registers. So your telling me u would of said something to them and u would of passed up getting 2 free games. I highly doubt it my friend:applause:

[quote name='gi60']You should.... It should be $34.99 now, but they usually honor their sticker price.[/QUOTE]

ah, now you tell me. lol

I've never traded into a blockbuster before. Can I just go to any old Blockbuster or does it have to be a gamerush one?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']i just traded in another PSU and MUA (bought it with GS credit forza2 bundle). But they had a copy of Condemned 2 for $27 (before coupon+edge). Was it a mistake to pass it up? I've never flipped before so should i go back and get it to trade into BB/Gr and get some more b1g1 games?[/quote]

Just be prepared for Condemned 2 to ring up for $34.99 and have them adjust it to the sticker price. If they honor the $26.99 plus still give you the 25% + EDGE, you'll be paying $16.24. BBV TIV is $32!!!

Yes, you can trade in at a regular Blockbuster.

Cap'n_RDM;4595142]Just be prepared for Condemned 2 to ring up for $34.99 and have them adjust it to the sticker price. If they honor the $26.99 plus still give you the 25% + EDGE said:
ok ok I get it, I'm a very unexperienced flipper though. I'll go as soon as someone can tell me what the deal is with blockbuster trading. how?

edit: sorry I meant to ask if there are any things special to blockbuster like the edge card is to GS?

[quote name='akokonas']its not stealing when the idiots dont know how to work there registers. So your telling me u would of said something to them and u would of passed up getting 2 free games. I highly doubt it my friend:applause:[/quote]

Of course I wouldn't have said anything...no one here would say anything. I guess I wasn't too clear with my brief comment. Maybe I should've said "Don't encourage people to do this to see if it works. That's a form of stealing." What you benefited from was a mistake on their end. I'm just saying don't encourage others to try it to see if it works again.:whistle2:$

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']ok ok I get it, I'm a very unexperienced flipper though. I'll go as soon as someone can tell me what the deal is with blockbuster trading. how?

edit: sorry I meant to ask if there are any things special to blockbuster like the edge card is to GS?[/quote]

Read the first post in this thread, it should answer any questions you'll have about Blockbuster trading. It was a huge help to me when I started flipping last week.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Of course I wouldn't have said anything...no one here would say anything. I guess I wasn't too clear with my brief comment. Maybe I should've said "Don't encourage people to do this to see if it works. That's a form of stealing." What you benefited from was a mistake on their end. I'm just saying don't encourage others to try it to see if it works again.:whistle2:$[/QUOTE]

I actually returned 2 games yesterday that had shit TIVs at GS and it took a long time for the woman to give me my return money on my CC. It did ring up $21.xx, but she changed it to $10.xx. So if they are stupid enough to not change it, too bad. But yes, intentionally trying to get this to happen is stealing.

[quote name='akokonas']its not stealing when the idiots dont know how to work there registers. So your telling me u would of said something to them and u would of passed up getting 2 free games. I highly doubt it my friend:applause:[/quote]

Yes. You did in fact luck out but what you're encouraging is fraud which is a bannable offense in these parts.

Watch it man.

Picked up a few more games today and noticed a discrepancy in the prices on two of em.

:360:
Flatout Ultimate Carnage (9.99)
Call of Duty 3 (14.99)

[quote name='edavis0780']
On a somewhat more pleasant note, BB employees seem a lot nicer when you're buying tons of the junk they though they'd never get rid of. It takes them forever to find some of the games, but they seem a little more friendly. I guess actually buying something from BB instead of trading games in will do that.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I noticed this for sure. At the one bonanza BB I found the other day 3 of the 4 employees ended up helping me search for discs and match up discs/cases, etc. Then I set up a trade account and traded a few things afterwards and they kept apologizing profusely for taking so long (which they really weren't compared to my experience at some other stores).

[quote name='DrNo888']
If I live in Gresham, I would do it for sure. There are quite a few BBVs not far from each other.[/QUOTE]

Wait... Gresham, OR? Or somewhere else?

First off its not fraud im not stealing games from them. stealing is walking out the door not paying for the item. When they take my games back on a paid reciept and tell me i have more money in credit then i spent its there fault. Im not forcing any fraud but if there giving me more money im gonna take it. Anyone would do the same

[quote name='akokonas']First off its not fraud im not stealing games from them. stealing is walking out the door not paying for the item. When they take my games back on a paid reciept and tell me i have more money in credit then i spent its there fault. Im not forcing any fraud but if there giving me more money im gonna take it. Anyone would do the same[/quote]

I'm just throwing this out there for what it's worth. The one benefit you'd get from telling them is that your credibility would improve with the person who handles the trades. This may enable you to trade more than one copy of a game in the future without having to explain yourself.

This thread is really useful, but there's so much content to wade through right now.

Ok, just an update from Ohio. Found MTR @ BB, but it priced @9.99 not 6.99. I still bought it and flipped it @ GS, good luck finding it @ 6.99 as indicated in post #2 though.

Over the past couple of days I've flipped about $70 of BB credit into $140 of GS credit, focusing only on the 9.99 BB price points. I've probably wasted a couple hours @ 2 different BBs and 2 different GSs.

What I'm amazed by is that GS will take games that are in the sh**iest condition imaginable. The 14 games I've traded have been missing manuals, or coverart, and just about all the discs were treated with a sandpaper resurfacing, followed-by by a peanut butter smear cleaning, all compliments of BB. The 2 GS clerks didn't seem to care at all. You've got to love indifference when it benefits you. Anyway, I have one more BB --> GS store combo to hit, than it's probably wrap time for abusing these 2 promos.....

Sigh, I grabbed a stupid Eragon since I left my cheat sheet at home and then threw away the reciept to BBV.

Which sucks I thought the WWE Game droped to a $1 and all of the awful movie games still traded for $4 I guess I was wrong on that one.

So here is the lesson learned today: Don't forget the lovely TIV list that IO has made when you go do flips at BBV/GS from different cities.

[quote name='joshnorm']Sigh, I grabbed a stupid Eragon since I left my cheat sheet at home and then threw away the reciept to BBV.

Which sucks I thought the WWE Game droped to a $1 and all of the awful movie games still traded for $4 I guess I was wrong on that one.

So here is the lesson learned today: Don't forget the lovely TIV list that IO has made when you go do flips at BBV/GS from different cities.[/QUOTE]

You can still return the game. They told me they keep track of the transaction on your account.

Here's what I got (pretty much confirms the lists - and THANKS for the lists btw)

360:

Price is the GS trade credit w/$5 and edge
Golden Compass - 9.40
Meet the Robinsons - 9.40
Lego Star Wars II - 11.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - 11.60
Pirates of the Carribean AWE - 9.40
Spider Man 3 - 10.50
Bullet Witch - 9.40

Of course I always get the GS guy who wants to charge refurbs. (only 2 of them, anyway)

Keith

if any bb happens to give you a hard time with returns and what not, just trade the game back to them. what i discovered the last time they ran this sale is still holding true this time around, all 9.99 games trade for $6 and all $14.99 games trade for $8. i traded in a lone chromehounds yesterday for $6.

[quote name='thedream77']This thread is really useful, but there's so much content to wade through right now.

Ok, just an update from Ohio. Found MTR @ BB, but it priced @9.99 not 6.99. I still bought it and flipped it @ GS, good luck finding it @ 6.99 as indicated in post #2 though.

Over the past couple of days I've flipped about $70 of BB credit into $140 of GS credit, focusing only on the 9.99 BB price points. I've probably wasted a couple hours @ 2 different BBs and 2 different GSs.

What I'm amazed by is that GS will take games that are in the sh**iest condition imaginable. The 14 games I've traded have been missing manuals, or coverart, and just about all the discs were treated with a sandpaper resurfacing, followed-by by a peanut butter smear cleaning, all compliments of BB. The 2 GS clerks didn't seem to care at all. You've got to love indifference when it benefits you. Anyway, I have one more BB --> GS store combo to hit, than it's probably wrap time for abusing these 2 promos.....[/quote]

Yea, I actually got a little inside info for you having worked at GS. They will accept any game no matter how badly scratched it may be, because they send it to Texas and have it taken care of. It''s crazy but the honest truth,lol. So dn't bother trying to make a game look "acceptable" before you trade it in. If its still round they'll take it,lol.

i sent a couple PM's to io, kunai, and lamp PLEASE check them. anyway to make this useful.

TIV @ GS

conan- 5
Shrek3- 5
Darkness- 4
COD3-4
Golden Compass- 4
Stranglehold- 5
Pirates 3- 4
WWE smackdown 2007- 4

[quote name='thedream77']
Ok, just an update from Ohio. Found MTR @ BB, but it priced @9.99 not 6.99. I still bought it and flipped it @ GS, good luck finding it @ 6.99 as indicated in post #2 though.[/QUOTE]

Well, they definitely rang up $6.99 for me on Wednesday. Usually Blockbuster changes used game prices on Sunday so it would be odd if it jumped today. If anyone else can confirm it I'll change that one.

A little break down of my flipping, I'm done unless something wild happens since I have every system this gen (including handhelds) and a massive backlog already:

Initial Cost: 50.88 on fantastic 4's plus 6% sales tax, 20 for Opportunity Cost (i make 10 an hour at my internship), and 10 for gas, so... IC = 80.88

BBV: Took the 12 copies of F4 (12*4=48*1.06=50.88) to different BBVs to end up with 360 store credit.

BBV Purchases: Spent it all, and I mean every single dollar, on games to flip at GS

GS: Ended up with a 1.5 ratio from BBV Credit--->GS credit turning my 360 store credit at BBV to 540 at GS

All in all 80.88 (including everything) to 540 at GS is enough for me to coast the rest of this gen :)

Thanks all, mostly IO for his constant updating first/second posts.

Cheers....for now.

IMPORTANT NOTE

i just found out it may be YMMV. At one GS in order to get the 20% trade-in credit you must reserve soul calibur 4, madden, or ncaa. I said I really dont want those games and he said i can roll that $5 amount over to another game. So you can reserve ncaa for that extra credit and cancel that order to preorder another game. So I ordered ncaa and madden and plan on voiding those orders to put that money on resistance2. Thats an easy way of getting the extra bonus.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...evisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=top-revision&cd=1

[quote name='io']Wait... Gresham, OR? Or somewhere else?[/quote]

Yes, I know you are in Portland so that's why I mentioned it. I was raised in Portland but now living in SF Bay Area. Parents and other relatives still in Portland and the suburbs.

Picked up:
Superman Returns(360) $9.99
Golden Compass(360) FREE
Cars(360) $9.99
Spiderman-3(360) FREE
Fantastic Four $9.99
APF 2K8 FREE

Traded In:
Madden 07 360 $6
HC:BOTP $25
Harry Potter PS3 $16
World Championship Poker $12

ok, I got the Condemned 2 for $16.72. Took a bit for her to change the price. Went to BB accross the street and got a trade account. $32, picked up the last 2 9.99 games, Just Cause and Prey.

So as of now....a nub flipper

I got $12 GS and $21 BB/GR With: Just Cause, Prey ( gotta exchange it later since its only $1 tiv), Tomb raider legend, Blue Dragon, Forza 2, TS2 to trade into gamestop, so at least $50 GS there.

So I'm hoping that I can end up with $70ish GS and $21 BB. Is that good considering an original investment of $35ish?

and what can I do with that? is that enough to get up to these high credits I've seen from you guys? Also I only have 1 GS near me and 2 BB/GRs. Is ti manageable to flip with only 1 GS?

[quote name='cheapskate01']IMPORTANT NOTE

i just found out it may be YMMV. At one GS in order to get the 20% trade-in credit you must reserve soul calibur 4, madden, or ncaa. I said I really dont want those games and he said i can roll that $5 amount over to another game. So you can reserve ncaa for that extra credit and cancel that order to preorder another game. So I ordered ncaa and madden and plan on voiding those orders to put that money on resistance2. Thats an easy way of getting the extra bonus.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...evisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=top-revision&cd=1[/QUOTE]

But you cannot combine the offers....so, you would either get 20% on the trade or $10 bonus for 2 games, correct?

[quote name='doubledown']But you cannot combine the offers....so, you would either get 20% on the trade or $10 bonus for 2 games, correct?[/quote]

Yes its either or....

TIV BBV - :360: Lost - $15, :ps3: Lost - $16

Via Phone

man today didn't give me bit harvest. Saw couple of viking @ a gamestop marked 26.99 but the dude won't honor the marked price -_-. Only found HC:BoP and made 30$ out of it. jumped from 107$ GS credit to 130$ GS credit. And today should mark last day of me flipping bbv->gs because my bbvs are our of flip worthy games T.T. Good luck everyone else on your journey. Hope there will be good flip from gs back to BBV soon.

Well, I'm done for now (until the next big thing comes along). Moved some credit around again today, a little further out from where I'd already been. Here's my final tally (final for the time being at least).

I've spent/used:

-$110 or so out of pocket
-My own copies of The Club and UTIII for PS3 (might re-buy them later during a B2G1 or something)
-prolly $20 or so worth of gas
-at least 5-6 hours of my time

I ended up with:

-$550 credit at Gamestop

-Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (PS2 - $6.99 at BB)
-Pyschonauts (Xbox - $9.99 at BB - already own, giving to a friend)
-Beautiful Katamari (360 - $9.99 at BB)
-Dungeon Siege (PSP - $9.99 at BB)
-LocoRoco (PSP $14.99 at BB)
-Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PSP - $9.99 at BB)
-Killzone Liberation (PSP - $9.99 at BB)
-Patapon (PSP - $14.99 at BB)
-Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP - $9.99 at BB)

I'm not positive on all those PSP games prices, that's all from the top of my head. Pretty sure they're correct though. I have a PSP coming in any day from Amazon, so I'm all set.

When I bought Harry Potter PS3 at a GS today, the dude put the 360 version in the case. Which was akward, because I didn't notice and then tried to trade it in at BB and the guy pointed it out. Kinda made me look weird/stupid. Told him I'd never gotten around to playing it and then I went back to Gamestop to swap it out.

For the first time in my life, I went to a Blockbuster that had *everything* marked correctly, was quite well organized, and the clerk not only knew about the sale but he even knew to match them up based on price and everything. I thought I'd entered the twilight zone. They even had a decent selection of the 'flip back to GS' titles (until I left there). Unfortunately, its not anywhere near me, but it is near where my parents live. This was right after visiting a store where nothing was tagged properly and the clerk not only didn't believe me about the sale, but he wouldn't even start ringing stuff up to try it out; he called another store to verify instead. How in the heck do they expect to get rid of all this junk if they don't even put up signs or tell their employees. Oh well, better for us I guess.

The Blockbuster closest to me has changed the way they store the used games. Now they gut the games and leave them up ala gamestop. The problem is they have a new brand of super sticker over the barcode which is much harder to remove than the old barcode they used to put on the front. The real kick in the nutts is that the old barcode is now on the manual.... Is this happening at any other stores?

One Gamestop by me got two MGS4 PS3 Bundles today, and one was reserved, so I quickly snatched one up after all of this week's flipping - $205 for a PS3, not bad I would say :)

All in all, flipped about 65-70 games, and still have 40 dollars in BBV credit and 36 @ gamestop.

Also, take this next bit of info with a grain of salt: The guy at GS who rung me up for the PS3 told me that not only are they discontinuing the MGS4 bundle model soon (old news), but that MGS4 is allegedly being ported over to the Xbox 360 and may be available by December. Apparently, Konami is losing a lot of money creating the game, and they need to reach a wider audience. Obviously it would most likely be available in multi-disc format, but I didn't even know about this rumor and I keep up with this sort of stuff. Has anyone else heard information like this?

[quote name='DaFederal']The Blockbuster closest to me has changed the way they store the used games. Now they gut the games and leave them up ala gamestop. The problem is they have a new brand of super sticker over the barcode which is much harder to remove than the old barcode they used to put on the front. The real kick in the nutts is that the old barcode is now on the manual.... Is this happening at any other stores?[/quote]

Seems like every store I visit has a slight variation of that basic concept. Most of the ones I've been to have the barcode for the used item on the paper sleeve the disc is in (in the drawer). The cases usually just have the price stickers. Then, as they're putting the discs into the cases, they'll sometimes pull the barcode off the sleeve and put it on the case or just stick the entire sleeve inside the case. Reason being that if there's a problem with the game, that barcode is what they'd scan when you return it.

When I've been buying big stacks of games, I tell them they don't even need to put the discs in the cases, so they just give me the paper sleeves with discs in them and the boxes.

[quote name='msam']One Gamestop by me got two MGS4 PS3 Bundles today, and one was reserved, so I quickly snatched one up after all of this week's flipping - $205 for a PS3, not bad I would say :)

All in all, flipped about 65-70 games, and still have 40 dollars in BBV credit and 36 @ gamestop.

Also, take this next bit of info with a grain of salt: The guy at GS who rung me up for the PS3 told me that not only are they discontinuing the MGS4 bundle model soon (old news), but that MGS4 is allegedly being ported over to the Xbox 360 and may be available by December. Apparently, Konami is losing a lot of money creating the game, and they need to reach a wider audience. Obviously it would most likely be available in multi-disc format, but I didn't even know about this rumor and I keep up with this sort of stuff. Has anyone else heard information like this?[/quote]

I'd like to buy a PS3 and sell it to somebody to cash out some of my credit, but I'm waiting until after next week to see what comes out of E3.

There's been rumors of MGS4 coming to the 360 all along. I really don't doubt that it could happen, but I haven't read anything that really sounded 100% credible or anything. MGS2 came out on the original Xbox after the PS2 eventually. Game production costs have increased dramatically in recent years, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it happen.

A more or less so-so day, but I pretty much got everything I was looking for. Keep in mind I had no more than 90 cents in my pocket. Started at GR by trading:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (360): $12

I was expecting $15 goddamnit!!! (Could have returned it to Gamestop but I left the receipt at home, didn't matter anyway). They had a lot of good $15 candidates, but I was limited to $10 so I got a Spider-Man 3 and Smackdown vs Raw 07, the remaining $2 put onto a gift card. (Note saw one copy of condemned 2 marked $45, so a TIV drop is probably immanent.)

Went to a Gamestop and got the expected $10.50 for Spider-man and $9.40 for Smackdown. Picked up a History Channel: BftP and a Madden 07 (owed about 19 cents or so...) Had no problems stacking the edge and 25% off coupon at this place.

Went to another GR with the History Channel/Madden 07 one-two combination:

History Channel:BftP: $25
Madden 07: $6

But then, on my way to the games heard those dreaded words that NO Cag wants to hear... "Some guy came in this morning and bought 10 games from the B1G1 free sale." He just comes today? The third day of the sale? FRIGGING AMATEUR!!! Since I was at that store Saturday, I could tell what he made off with... LOTR II, Bulletwitch, Amrmored Core 4 perhaps, Transformers maybe.... But he missed the Enchanted Arms and Flatout UC, no doubt only because they were miss-tagged (told you, an AMATEUR!) But the section was FAR from being cleaned out.:bouncy: Picked up a Star Trek Legacy and NFS Most Wanted for myself (Thanks for leaving them) :D And since I saw an $8 horror movie I wanted ("Shallow Ground") decided I'd just flip a $10 pair. So I got the $15 tagged Flatout:UC and a Pirates otC. The movie turned out to be only $4 sp i got about 3$ worth of candy.

Went to 1 in a nest of 3 Gamestops and saw the manager from a different GS who charged me unnecessary refurbishing fees training someone, so I figured it in my best interests to go somewhere else. The at the first GS I visited today was still there, so as not to arouse suspicion I went to the third Gamestop... the one that didn't stack my edge with the 25% coupon 2 days ago. I planned only to trade there, then take the credit somewhere else. This is where things go really bad...

After helping two customers who were in "the line" behind me, I handed them my trades and casually confirmed, as I always do, the extra $10 deal. Regrettably this was the first time they heard of it!!! After walking around the store to look at the signs the employee insisted I was referring to one of the 20% pre-order deals, even after I let him know that this is on the website and that a different store honored the deal "a few days ago." Of course he speaks to his manager and he doesn't have a frigging clue either!!!!!! :wall: So all within a space of a few days this store doesn't stack my edge with a coupon, help people first who cut me in line, and then don't have a clue about a franchise-wide bonus. THIS IS GOING STRAIGHT TO CORPORATE!!!! Who knows how many people have been ripped-off since the deal began!!! So someone please tell me: phone or e-mail - what's the best way to report these little bastards???? I'll be on it after dinner....

So anyway, went to a fourth gamestop in another area (the afformentioned refurb-happy managers usual store - since it was apparent he wouldn't be in) and unloaded Flatout UC and Pirates for the usual price (I have to check my receipt) along with a copy of Battlestar Galactica (xbox) for 2$. Luckily no refurb fees from the kid on duty. Picked up (gulp) Turning Point and an old Project Gotham 2 so I wouldn't have anything left over. So all in all, I made about $100 profit since Saturday.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the final store had no problem with combining the edge card and coupon discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking to EB today...

Everything I bought the other day (minus a Beautiful Katamari that I've learned to love), and I've added XBLA Unplugged, LOTR:BFME, and BioShock from my own collection. If anyone happens to know what BioShock gets, that'd be much appreciated. Might also dump off a copy of Zelda: TP (GC) that I picked up on a random clearance for $10 at a liquidator here. It's still sealed, but I've no use for it - if anyone's interested, let me know.

[quote name='msam']One Gamestop by me got two MGS4 PS3 Bundles today, and one was reserved, so I quickly snatched one up after all of this week's flipping - $205 for a PS3, not bad I would say :)

Also, take this next bit of info with a grain of salt: The guy at GS who rung me up for the PS3 told me that not only are they discontinuing the MGS4 bundle model soon (old news), but that MGS4 is allegedly being ported over to the Xbox 360 and may be available by December. Apparently, Konami is losing a lot of money creating the game, and they need to reach a wider audience. Obviously it would most likely be available in multi-disc format, but I didn't even know about this rumor and I keep up with this sort of stuff. Has anyone else heard information like this?[/quote]

Lol typical GS employee 360 fanboy. Every one I go into has at least one who thinks the 360 is the greatest thing in the world.

MGS4 will NEVER be on the xbox360. If you have played the game you would realize that. Not only would it take probably 10 DVDs for it to be on the 360 but they would have to edit out a LOT of scenes that were thrown into the game that MAKE FUN OF the 360. Plus all the Apple stuff that Im sure M$ wouldnt like very much.

MGS4 coming to the 360 is pure pipedream from 360 fanboys who are jealous.

[quote name='JJSP']Taking to EB today...

Everything I bought the other day (minus a Beautiful Katamari that I've learned to love), and I've added XBLA Unplugged, LOTR:BFME, and BioShock from my own collection. If anyone happens to know what BioShock gets, that'd be much appreciated. Might also dump off a copy of Zelda: TP (GC) that I picked up on a random clearance for $10 at a liquidator here. It's still sealed, but I've no use for it - if anyone's interested, let me know.[/quote]

I used Bioshock once or twice a couple weeks ago when I was moving credit from BB to GS and if I recall, I lost $2-$3 on it (it was $19.99 at BB). So, I'd say that at Gamestop, with Edge and $5 bonus it should get something like $16-$17. Of course, it probably dropped some since then, I dunno.

Just got back from GS, I found one right next to my work and also within 5 miles of my house. So I traded in 2 games. I still have Top Spin 2 and Blue Dragon to trade in before the $10 bonus ends, but I want to play them until then. Also grabbed the last Harry Potter ps3 and traded that at BB on teh way home. So I now got $37.24 BB and $35.10 GS, initial $35 money and still ~$25 left to trade in. Not bad for someone who just started flipping yesterday imo.

Question: Was I an Idiot for not picking up History Channel: Battle for The Pacific and World series of poker? The GS I went to had 2 BOTP and 2 WSOP... If it is worth it I will go get them alter today. Please tell me.

Also at BB they had Bioshock for $19.99, I was tempted to get it...

I just got back from my BB. I tried to trade in GH3 again.

They gave me the same answer, "Not for Resale so we can't buy it."

I asked why, and they say "It's like buying a whole box of water and trying to sell each one individually."

I'm sitting there like, you're fucking retarded. Just scan a different GH3 you $$$$$$.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']I just got back from my BB. I tried to trade in GH3 again.

I asked why, and they say "It's like buying a whole box of water and trying to sell each one individually."

I'm sitting there like, you're fucking retarded. Just scan a different GH3 you $$$$$$.[/QUOTE]

man that sucks, the BB by me doesn't have a GR so all the employees dont know shit about trading in stuff. I turned in a brand new harry potter ps3 today and this morning the manager had to train 3 employees at once how to do trade in, BUT WHY train with me, ass. I have also boughten several b1gi games there and then came back later and returned the ones with shitty TIV, they ask why you keep returning. I say "Oh I didn't mean to get that one, 3 times." tards..

But can someone answer my question. Is the history channel game worth going to get?

[quote name='mkernan']I used Bioshock once or twice a couple weeks ago when I was moving credit from BB to GS and if I recall, I lost $2-$3 on it (it was $19.99 at BB). So, I'd say that at Gamestop, with Edge and $5 bonus it should get something like $16-$17. Of course, it probably dropped some since then, I dunno.[/quote]
Works for me - I bought it for $24.99 at BB on cheap credit, but I've since beat it and don't see myself replaying it. Good to have in the collection, but I can always pick up another copy. If it pays for my Edge card (I don't have one), I'm happy.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']I just got back from my BB. I tried to trade in GH3 again.

I'm sitting there like, you're fucking retarded. Just scan a different GH3 you $$$$$$.[/quote]

LMAO what a brilliant staff member...

I asked a manager about this game when the flip news was reported (the week GS had it used for $19.99). She stated they take non UPC movies all the time bought from libraries and the like..so to look it up is no big deal. (I was able to find upc versions at GS so it did not affect me...)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']man that sucks, the BB by me doesn't have a GR so all the employees dont know shit about trading in stuff. I turned in a brand new harry potter ps3 today and this morning the manager had to train 3 employees at once how to do trade in, BUT WHY train with me, ass. I have also boughten several b1gi games there and then came back later and returned the ones with shitty TIV, they ask why you keep returning. I say "Oh I didn't mean to get that one, 3 times." tards..

But can someone answer my question. Is the history channel game worth going to get?[/quote]

Please read the first two posts and just print a the list of games to take with you and avoid the $1 GS games.

[quote name='JJSP']Works for me - I bought it for $24.99 at BB on cheap credit, but I've since beat it and don't see myself replaying it. Good to have in the collection, but I can always pick up another copy. If it pays for my Edge card (I don't have one), I'm happy.[/quote]

Does that mean Bioshock has gone up 5 dollars at BBV? Im a sad panda :whistle2:|

Dumped some more games today one of the guys there is pretty cool but he says he sees me in there often and asked if I work at BBV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back