The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='DarkRider23']Thanks for helping Lamp.

(All prices after EDGE+Coupon)
:ps3:Harry Potter: OotP - $9.99(NEW)->$16
:ps3:Def Jam: Icon - $8.99(NEW)->$13
:ps3:History Channel: BftP $16.24->$30
:ps3:SST - $11.69->$25($17.99 used at some GS stores. YMMV.)
:ps3:Rock Band - $19.50-> $33
:ps3:Eye of Judgment - $17.55->$36(BB Acceptance is YMMV.)
:ps3:Pro Evo Soccer 08 - $17.55->$30
:ps3:Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - $22.75->$33
:ps3:Time Crisis 4 - $19.50->$30
:ps3:Viking - $22.75->$33
:ps3:Dark Sector - $17.54->$23
:ps3:Blacksite Area 51 - $22.75->$33[/quote]

No problem. You forgot Condemned 2 ;)

[quote name='CaoPi']Rock Band for PS3, does that have the not for resale label in the back since its part of a bundle?[/QUOTE]

The one I bought at gamestop had a regular upc code. My 360 version that came in the bundle has one too

I've got a suggestion:

a) can we get a new thread. please?
b) I forgot who did it but for those of us who have built up an enormous amount of credit (say 4-5x initial investment), I suggest we just randomly buy some kid a game at the local Gamestop.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna select the kid but either a really nice kid and his brother or perhaps some kid who looks like he or she was born with 2 strikes against them cause their mom is just complete trash. You know what I'm talking about. I always feel sorry for these kids.

Anyway, I guarantee it'll make you feel better than buying that game you'll never play.

2 cents. :) carry on.

[quote name='confoosious']I've got a suggestion:

a) can we get a new thread. please?
b) I forgot who did it but for those of us who have built up an enormous amount of credit (say 4-5x initial investment), I suggest we just randomly buy some kid a game at the local Gamestop.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna select the kid but either a really nice kid and his brother or perhaps some kid who looks like he or she was born with 2 strikes against them cause their mom is just complete trash. You know what I'm talking about. I always feel sorry for these kids.

Anyway, I guarantee it'll make you feel better than buying that game you'll never play.

2 cents. :) carry on.[/quote]

A) Thread doesn't even have that many pages yet ;). Past threads get closed at close to 5k posts. This thread is still organized if you ask me. All up to iO though.

B) I'm working on that. I don't have enough credit to do it yet. I guess you can say that I've done that already, but I haven't really. I brought my cousin to gamestop to buy a wireless controller for his xbox. He forgot his money and I bought it. Don't expect to be paid back or anything.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']
:ps3:Blacksite51 - $22.75->$33

Looking at GS.com heres a list we should check on TIV for from BBV/GR(I wont be able to call anywhere for a couple of hours so I guess just call as you can and we can compile any of the good ones. I have bolded the ones I think might be good ones.

All Pro Football 2k8
The Bigs
Motorstorm
NHL2K8
--- $13
Nascar08
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Timeshift --- $16
The Simpsons Game --- $16
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty --- $30

[/quote]

I got a few of them...

Updated with Turning Point: FoL. List is going really great guys. Keep it up! I'll be picking up 2, maybe even 4 games tonight.

(All prices after EDGE+Coupon, In Bold is the ratio)
:ps3:SST - $11.69->$25($17.99 used at some GS stores. YMMV.) 2.14
:ps3:Eye of Judgment - $17.55->$36(BB Acceptance is YMMV.) 2.05
:ps3:History Channel: BftP $16.24->$30 1.85
:ps3:Pro Evo Soccer 08 - $17.55->$30 1.71
:ps3:Rock Band - $19.50-> $33 1.69
:ps3:Harry Potter: OotP - $9.99(NEW)->$16 1.6
:ps3:Time Crisis 4 - $19.49->$30 1.54
:ps3:Turning Point: FoL$19.49->$30 1.54
:ps3:Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - $22.75->$33 1.45
:ps3:Viking - $22.75->$33 1.45
:ps3:Blacksite Area 51 - $22.75->$33 1.45
Condemned 2: CO $22.75->$33 1.45
:ps3:Def Jam: Icon - $8.99(NEW)->$13 1.44
:ps3:The Orange Box - $17.54->$23 1.31
:ps3:Dark Sector - $17.54->$23 1.31

Edit - Motorstorm is only $16 guys. Not really a good one. I'm heading out for a bit so I'll update the list when I get back if there's any more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']Rock Band for PS3, does that have the not for resale label in the back since its part of a bundle?[/quote]

This is getting ridiculous. Only 14 posts above yours.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Yes RB has a barcode on the back even if its from a bundle.[/quote]

[quote name='h2dk']I got a few of them...[/quote]

Great thanks. Looks like TP:FOL is a good one. I THINK Motorstorm is like $26ish but need someone to confirm that. Im surprised NHL2K8 is so low...although the game does suck lol.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Updated with Turning Point: FoL. List is going really great guys. Keep it up! I'll be picking up 2, maybe even 4 games tonight.

:ps3:Dark Sector - $17.54->$23 1.31[/quote]

Ah! VERY nice DR. With ratios and all and in order. See what happens when people actually contribute and not just spam this thread looking to be spoon fed. Lets keep it up guys we are getting a nice little list together.

Found Eye of Judgment bundle at local Walmart for $30 and promptly traded the game only into my local BB for $36. Now I just hope they don't catch on to their mistake and call me up about it (not that there's technically anything they can do). So, I got a PS Eye, the EoJ mat and cards, and $36 BB credit for $30 cash. Pretty nice. But yeah, YMMV for sure, just depends on the cluelessness level of the BB clerk.

Also flipped Rock Band and Viking; great GS coupons lately. I even got lucky while at GS and found a complete copy of MGS Portable Ops that I quickly snagged. Don't even have a PSP yet, but its in the mail.

time crisis 4 did not scan into the system when i traded it to bb. the clerk had to manually look it up so ymmv on other locations accepting it.

For those wanting Battlefield Bad Company...its a good time to buy it NEW at Blockbuster.

Much easier than looking for a used copy at gamestop and its the same price...two used copies from this list will just about do it :)

[quote name='makstaks']For those wanting Battlefield Bad Company...its a good time to buy it NEW at Blockbuster.

Much easier than looking for a used copy at gamestop and its the same price...two used copies from this list will just about do it :)[/quote]

True, plus once Blockbuster sells the new copies they got, they most likely won't get more. And it also kinda helps out their store somewhat.

[quote name='h2dk']I got a few of them...[/quote]

And here are the rest- GS to BB

All Pro Football 2k8- $8.44 -> $9
The Bigs- $12.99 -> $9
Motorstorm- $12.99 -> $16
Nascar 08- $16.24 -> $16
Elder Scrolls Oblivion- $16.24 -> $13

[quote name='JAGII']And here are the rest- GS to BB

The Bigs- $12.99 -> $9
Nascar 08- $16.24 -> $16
Elder Scrolls Oblivion- $16.24 -> $13[/QUOTE]

Wow desperation flips.

A few other PS3 games to consider....

Godfather is $26.99 USED at GameStop....not sure what Blockbuster gets....I would assume someone here has traded Godfather in recently.....maybe not.

[quote name='JAGII']And here are the rest- GS to BB

The Bigs- $12.99 -> $9
Nascar 08- $16.24 -> $16
Elder Scrolls Oblivion- $16.24 -> $13[/quote]

Bah nothing good there. I thought Motorstorm was still up there a bit. Guess not. Thanks for the info.

So I tried a non GR BBV and they said that the B1G1 free wasn't happenin. I was sad but still walked out with 10 months free of xbox live gold. GTA IV rental boxes ftw.

I have to say ive been to 6 different blockbusters and i love seeing the 15 copies of used condemned 2 at each and everyone of them. Also the 15 copies of GTA 4. Makes me wonder what there gonna do when there done with this sale????? Oh well not my worry

[quote name='Genocidal']Is there a 'trade your BB sale games' thread that I missed when checking the trade your __ here subforum? There are a handful of these games that I know I personally would be interested in buying (no Gamerush nearby) and I'm sure people who would want cash instead of credit but I don't want to fill this thread with crap.[/QUOTE]

Trade requests are allowed in this thread as an exception to the rule. However, they will get buried pretty quickly ;).

[quote name='DarkRider23']
:ps3:Dark Sector - $17.54->$23 1.31
[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll add this list to the 2nd post. Thanks for keeping it going.

This is, hands down, the best flipping run I've ever had. Started with $32 cash to $240 BB credit a couple weeks ago with 8 copies of Wii FF:ROSS from Toys R' Us. After bouncing around between BB's and GS's all week, I've bought a copy of Wii Fit and fully paid off pre-orders on Resistance 2, Left 4 Dead, Ghostbusters, Gears of War 2, Lego Batman, Star Wars: Force Unleashed and Aliens: Colonial Marines. And I still have $140 credit at GS.

A fucking huge thanks to everyone that participates in this thread. It actually makes it affordable to be an enthusiastic gamer.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Thanks for helping Lamp.

:ps3:History Channel: BftP - $16.24->$30 1.85
:ps3:Time Crisis 4 - $19.50->$30 1.54
Condemned 2: CO - $22.75->$33 1.45
:ps3:Dark Sector - $17.54->$23 1.31[/QUOTE]

Nice list and well done. I'm going to cash my check and try my luck at the local GS. Thanks again.

[quote name='akokonas']I have to say ive been to 6 different blockbusters and i love seeing the 15 copies of used condemned 2 at each and everyone of them. Also the 15 copies of GTA 4. Makes me wonder what there gonna do when there done with this sale????? Oh well not my worry[/quote]

Lol, yeah. Nearly every single BB I've been to had like 5-6 copies of Condemned 2 and Viking and most of them aren't ones I traded, so I know there must be another CAG flippin' stuff around here.

What makes me laugh even more though, is a few of these B1G1 games we're using to flip back to GS, a bunch of the ones I bought were ones I flipped to BB months ago. They just sat there, sad and alone, plummeting in price, and now I'm buying them for like 1/4 the amount of what they gave me in store credit for them.

FWIW, I noticed Blockbuster finally marked up their new copies of Blast Works to the MSRP of $39.99. So hopefully everyone who wanted that got one at $29.99.

Also, I was at a GS yesterday that actually had Wii Fit. I probably should have bought one to make some cash back but I figured the shipping would be such a hassle.

I need to get rid of these 17 games I still have from BB so I might make a quick trip (10 miles each way) to the nearest GS and also get some PS3 goodies...

As for the PS3 coupon - unless we find more I fail to see the excitement here. The 360 one was better when Viking and Condemned were cheap. There are only 3 (not YMMV) games that are better than trusty ol' Harry Potter (which was available in 3 of the 4 stores I was at yesterday). And I just did an inverntory search on those - there is ONE History Channel BftP in the entire metro area, NO Pro Evo Soccers, and only a couple Rock Bands... Fatal Interia was easier to get than these!

[quote name='ghozt']time crisis 4 did not scan into the system when i traded it to bb. the clerk had to manually look it up so ymmv on other locations accepting it.[/quote]

time crisis 4 did not scan at my bbv either and they wouldn't even look it up saying it wouldn't be in the system. i asked them politely to see if they can just manually search for the game. they said no. :( so i got a refund at my gs.

I feel a lot better now. I traded the games I got from Blockbuster that I thought about returning at a GameStop that actually had the $15 Extra Trade-In advertised on the NCAA 09 poster behind the counter, and got $35 more than what I spent on them! I will continue doing this and hopefully get plenty of credit back. I currently stand at around $260 at BB, $140 at GS. :D

Kinda unsettling when you see three Nintendo Wii's at a Target and really hold back since you just want to use credit to buy them. Trying to decide whether or not to get one and mod it. lol

[quote name='io']FWIW, I noticed Blockbuster finally marked up their new copies of Blast Works to the MSRP of $39.99. So hopefully everyone who wanted that got one at $29.99.

Also, I was at a GS yesterday that actually had Wii Fit. I probably should have bought one to make some cash back but I figured the shipping would be such a hassle.

I need to get rid of these 17 games I still have from BB so I might make a quick trip (10 miles each way) to the nearest GS and also get some PS3 goodies...

As for the PS3 coupon - unless we find more I fail to see the excitement here. The 360 one was better when Viking and Condemned were cheap. There are only 3 (not YMMV) games that are better than trusty ol' Harry Potter (which was available in 3 of the 4 stores I was at yesterday). And I just did an inverntory search on those - there is ONE History Channel BftP in the entire metro area, NO Pro Evo Soccers, and only a couple Rock Bands... Fatal Interia was easier to get than these![/quote]

I noticed the Blast Works price too. Shame.

I walked into a GS to dump games a couple days ago and they had 5 Wiis, 4 or 5 80 GB MGS4 bundles, and maybe even a Wii Fit or two..... though I'd entered an alternate universe.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']time crisis 4 did not scan at my bbv either and they wouldn't even look it up saying it wouldn't be in the system. i asked them politely to see if they can just manually search for the game. they said no. :( so i got a refund at my gs.[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, Time Crisis is much like eye of Judgement, in that whatever buyback price the system has is assuming you give the gun with it. Same thing with American Idol Karaoke Revolution too I think. Its just that most employees aren't hip to that.

Case in point, there's a used copy of Time Crisis 4 for sale at my local BB, just the game, no gun, and its marked like $70 or something. So obviously, whoever took the trade in wasn't aware of needing the gun. Probably somebody who wanted a second gun and then ditched the second game.

In other words, we need to stick to the good flips that don't have related accessories for the sake of ease of trading in. Well, except for Rock Band, since that really is sold standalone too.

Flipping EOJ, TC 4, and Rockband only from GS and whatever i can find off the list from BB. Up $300 store credit at BB and $84 GS. Didnt expect to do this well considering the B1G1 flip is either a gold mind or a massive failure depending on what the stores in your area have. Luckily every GS i have been to has had all 3 with each having atleast 2 copies of EOJ.

EOJ:applause: --- $20 from GS with coupon + edge >> $36 at BB (thats 2 $14.99 + 4 $9.99 games) - enough to flip to GS for about $60 no matter what 360 games you trade. $60 is enough to buy 3 more EOJ/Rock bands (+$50 at BB) . Wash, Rinse, Recycle...Im beat.:drool:

Bought at BB this afternoon
PS3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 $23.62 (coupon/edge) ~ $33

Hsword $18.24 (coupon edge) ~ $26

Time Crisis 4 (game only) $20.24 (coupon/edge) ~ 30 (scanned just fine)

Def Jam Icon (Game Days- new) $6.24 (coupon/edge) ~ $13

GS just received 2 more MGS4 PS3 bundles...in case you are looking...might be a good day to check

[quote name='donut']

Def Jam Icon (Game Days- new) $6.24 (coupon/edge) ~ $13
[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to get Edge + coupon on a new game??

[quote name='io']How did you manage to get Edge + coupon on a new game??[/quote]

My suspicions lead to a very generous GS associate.

[quote name='io']How did you manage to get Edge + coupon on a new game??[/quote]

Hey Io, how did you find Pro Evo Soccer 08 for the PS3 on Gamestop's website? I can find every other version but not that one =(

[quote name='mkernan']My suspicions lead to a very generous GS associate.[/quote]

The only thing she did was to enter the coupon code Vs scanning it (I printed it in black and white and the paper bled on the scan bar)

I actually bought 2 def jams with Time crisis and expected the 25 on crisis only...instead my receipt shows 25 off one of the def jams also...so 2 ps3 clearance games were discounted...!

[quote name='msam']Hey Io, how did you find Pro Evo Soccer 08 for the PS3 on Gamestop's website? I can find every other version but not that one =([/quote]

Geez. Click the 'show backordered items' button at the bottom of any results page.

Between this thread and the GS coupon thread, that's probably the 4th time I've written that today. Maybe we should put it in the OP of this thread and every GS-related thread.

Of course, judging by many of the posts lately, that wouldn't help either.

Oh, and ditto on PES2008 availability.... hardly any used PS3 copies near me. bummer.

omg thanks alot darkrider =) i'mma be moving my $55 left over credit @ GS back to BBV. Gonna ask if they accept eye of judgement as well. There are just no end to this flipping business =)

[quote name='luan87us']omg thanks alot darkrider =) i'mma be moving my $55 left over credit @ GS back to BBV. Gonna ask if they accept eye of judgement as well. There are just no end to this flipping business =)[/quote]

Word of caution: I would not make a point to ask them if they accept it, that would draw attention to the matter. Technically speaking, they ought to accept it but should really only accept it with all the junk that comes with it.

So, my advice. Just try it. If you get shot down, go return it to GS. Pain in the butt, but in my opinion you'd have a better chance that way.

Does Eye of Judgement have a bar code at the back?

I went threw hell to get rid of a no retail sell yesturday, getting the answer that its against the law to trade them in. Ended up finding the same game in a BBV used sell pile so I got a jail free card... but I'd never want to purchase something like that again.

[quote name='king007']SST (PS3) is $30 used on GS site. Did i miss something.[/quote]

Yes you missed reading that its YMMV on the old used prices actually having been adjusted at certain stores.

[quote name='ets']Does Eye of Judgement have a bar code at the back?

I went threw hell to get rid of a no retail sell yesturday, getting the answer that its against the law to trade them in. Ended up finding the same game in a BBV used sell pile so I got a jail free card... but I'd never want to purchase something like that again.[/quote]

Yes it has a barcode. Your BBV doesnt take games without barcodes...WOW. My stores just go grab a copy off the shelf with a barcode, but my BBV also takes EOJ and allows me to trade in multiple copies almost on a daily basis so...

[quote name='ets']Does Eye of Judgement have a bar code at the back?

I went threw hell to get rid of a no retail sell yesturday, getting the answer that its against the law to trade them in. Ended up finding the same game in a BBV used sell pile so I got a jail free card... but I'd never want to purchase something like that again.[/quote]

Yes, it has a normal barcode. The cover art does prominently say 'includes the playstation eye' on the upper right-hand corner of the front of the box though. I traded in three games and just put it at the bottom. Don't think the dude even noticed. Things like Rock Band, C2, Viking, etc are probably the safer bets though since there's really no reason they wouldn't accept those. I only went with an EoJ flip because I snagged the bundle at Walmart for $30 today and really only wanted the camera. Although.... I still have the cards and mat so maybe I'll buy it used at GS with the coupon. Might as well at least check it out.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I picked up Zelda TP (GC) and Zelda Windwalker (GC) for $14.99 total out the door. I'm not sure if this was correct pricing or the TP was stickered incorrectly (common at BB), but either way I'm happy with deal.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Yes you missed reading that its YMMV on the old used prices actually having been adjusted at certain stores.[/quote]

Regardless of what the tag says it should scan $30.

WarHawk is just too much trouble. The copies all say NOT FOR RESALE, and even with the cover taken out I was 0 for 2 attempts, so I took that one back to GS, I did score another 10 9.99$ games for another quick 45$ profit so a very successful lunch and I even tried the new Carls Junior Prime Rib 6$ burger which proved to be very tasty.

[quote name='donut']The only thing she did was to enter the coupon code Vs scanning it (I printed it in black and white and the paper bled on the scan bar)

I actually bought 2 def jams with Time crisis and expected the 25 on crisis only...instead my receipt shows 25 off one of the def jams also...so 2 ps3 clearance games were discounted...![/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I'll have to try that with HC:BftP and Harry Potter.

[quote name='stoned99']WarHawk is just too much trouble. The copies all say NOT FOR RESALE, and even with the cover taken out I was 0 for 2 attempts, so I took that one back to GS, I did score another 10 9.99$ games for another quick 45$ profit so a very successful lunch and I even tried the new Carls Junior Prime Rib 6$ burger which proved to be very tasty.[/quote]

Ah yes, that's worth noting too. There are standalone copies too though, so if anybody's wanting to flip Warhawk, try to peek under the GS label and look for a barcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back