The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='DrNo888']Traded in two HC:BoTP today and bought 12 games, 10 for flipping and leeping LoZ:TP and MGS2: Substance. Had to go to two stores about 10 miles away to get those 12 games.

I went to a BBV that I never went to before during the week. The guy was telling me some idiot traded many many FF:RoSS and bought all their 360's game, presumably to flip back to GS. He said they found out about all his FF trades between the stores and banned him. Too bad he was able to buy the games to flip back to GS. He mentioned an "insider" web site called CAG. I played ignorant and laughed at FF being on sale for $5 at TRU b/c it totally sucked. Anyways, I walked out there with only Armored core and RE4 for PS2. The guy picked it cl[/quote]

seems the guy wants to ruin it for all of us...

[quote name='mkernan']I was out kinda far away from home today and hit up a Blockbuster on the way back. When I got there I was surprised to find that there was another Blockbuster across the street, I mean quite literally. I thought it'd be a gold mine but another CAG must have been there already; only ended up with like 10 games between the two stores.[/quote]
where was that at? We are virtually in the same city. north east mall GS will let you trade in multiple copies in one stop. They love me as the store hardly gets trades in normally

[quote name='DrNo888']Traded in two HC:BoTP today and bought 12 games, 10 for flipping and leeping LoZ:TP and MGS2: Substance. Had to go to two stores about 10 miles away to get those 12 games.

I went to a BBV that I never went to before during the week. The guy was telling me some idiot traded many many FF:RoSS and bought all their 360's game, presumably to flip back to GS. He said they found out about all his FF trades between the stores and banned him. Too bad he was able to buy the games to flip back to GS. He mentioned an "insider" web site called CAG. I played ignorant and laughed at FF being on sale for $5 at TRU b/c it totally sucked. Anyways, I walked out there with only Armored core and RE4 for PS2. The guy picked it cl[/quote]

Where was this at?

This is hilarious, somehow CAG has become some underground Fight Club network that no one knows about but gets mentioned every now and then and freaks people out because of the devastation we leave in its wake.

Great job gang!

[quote name='msam']This is hilarious, somehow CAG has become some underground Fight Club network that no one knows about but gets mentioned every now and then and freaks people out because of the devastation we leave in its wake.

Great job gang![/quote]

No matter how much I try to think otherwise, flipping really is not illegal so im not sure what they can really do besides the ban hammer.

[quote name='msam']This is hilarious, somehow CAG has become some underground Fight Club network that no one knows about but gets mentioned every now and then and freaks people out because of the devastation we leave in its wake.

Great job gang![/quote]

L-O-fucking-L.

This is getting sigged and I thank you.

[quote name='spauldingfan']No matter how much I try to think otherwise, flipping really is not illegal so im not sure what they can really do besides the ban hammer.[/quote]

Flipping isn't illegal, but people who trade in 5 copies of FF:ROSS into the same store are what give flippers a bad name, and subsequently sends Jr.Detectives into full alert - this is my first time ever doing flipping (and i've kept up with this thread since it's creation) - it's pretty obvious that you don't pull stupid shit like that and expect to get away with it. I guess the thought of seeing a $20 investment turn into $120 instantly just erases good judgement :x

Also, thanks ink!

[quote name='jsantillan13']where was that at? We are virtually in the same city. north east mall GS will let you trade in multiple copies in one stop. They love me as the store hardly gets trades in normally[/quote]

It was in Keller. I was out in Fort Worth today and I hopped off the highway on my way back home (to Denton).

Great job gang![/quote]
i'm a folk hero over here. Only one BB hates me

None of my BBVs hate me, but then again I only trade at 3 locations currently. They are very nice and one of them even takes trade without covers. That's the place I got both of my Wii's from. They guys are there are really cool.

[quote name='msam']Flipping isn't illegal, but people who trade in 5 copies of FF:ROSS into the same store are what give flippers a bad name, and subsequently sends Jr.Detectives into full alert - this is my first time ever doing flipping (and i've kept up with this thread since it's creation) - it's pretty obvious that you don't pull stupid shit like that and expect to get away with it. I guess the thought of seeing a $20 investment turn into $120 instantly just erases good judgement :x

Also, thanks ink![/quote]

I totally agree with you on that, and like they say on South Park "1 in every 4 people are retarded".... in regards to the jerk offs that trade in 7+ copies to one store and then say they will just take them to another store. I bet he double parks in the handicap spaces too.

Was going to make a list of "Fight Club" Rules of CAG but when in any game store ...
1. There is NO CAG

Instead here's something else...
When trading in games....
If you have no idea what the game is about, you may be a flipper.
If you know the TIV before they scan the games, you may be a flipper.
If you trade games from one system(PS3), and use that credit to buy games from another system(360), you may be a flipper.
If you know what the totals with edge, coupon, and bonuses will be, you may be a flipper.
If you can't figure out 15% for a tip but know the TIV profit ratios from GS--> BB --> GS you may be a flipper.
If you know what a 'value card' is, you may be a flipper.
If you know that "Kunai" is more than an ancient Japanese gardening tool, you may be flipper.
If you think IO looks like an animated Obi Wan Kenobi, you may be a flipper.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']do you have to have a membership to buy games from BB?[/quote]

No, you don't. Memberships are free. Why not get one?

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground and Soldier of Fortune: Payback for x360 and Manhunt 2 for psp are dropping to $14.99 tomorrow.

Okay, got Rogue Galaxy & Patapon for $14.99, really good deal. Also, the discs are clean, my guess is that no one rents J-rpgs, & other weird Jap games.

[quote name='Bigjames']Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground and Soldier of Fortune: Payback for x360 and Manhunt 2 for psp are dropping to $14.99 tomorrow.[/quote]

Soldier of Fortune going down does not surprise me one bit; I see 4 or 5 copies at each BBV I've been to, same thing for THPG. Thanks for the heads up though James! :D

Now the task at hand is to find out the TiV for both of those, seeing as how they're not listed on the breakdown in the first page
THPG Shows as 24.99 used at Gamestop, while Soldier of Fortune:pay Back is 29.99 NEW at GS. Anyone wanna take a stab at TiV's? Initially, this sounds very enticing, and could provide possibly 1.75 ratios or higher?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkernan']It was in Keller. I was out in Fort Worth today and I hopped off the highway on my way back home (to Denton).[/QUOTE]

I'm the CAG in question. I was hoping no one would move onto my turf, especially if they're clumsy about trading in too many copies or flapping their gums too much. Are you at least subtle?

[quote name='msam']Soldier of Fortune going down does not surprise me one bit; I see 4 or 5 copies at each BBV I've been to, same thing for THPG. Thanks for the heads up though James! :D

Now the task at hand is to find out the TiV for both of those, seeing as how they're not listed on the breakdown in the first page
THPG Shows as 24.99 used at Gamestop, while Soldier of Fortune:pay Back is 29.99 NEW at GS. Anyone wanna take a stab at TiV's? Initially, this sounds very enticing, and could provide possibly 1.75 ratios or higher?[/QUOTE]

if its $30 new, I'd say from 10-15 tiv. Since I'm guessing they sell it at either 19.99 or 24.99 used. I dont really know, just a guess.

[quote name='Bigjames']Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground and Soldier of Fortune: Payback for x360 and Manhunt 2 for psp are dropping to $14.99 tomorrow.[/quote]

SoF Payback, that's what I was trying to remember earlier. (not Frontlines or Turning Point like I said earlier).

THPG and SoF should be pretty good for flippin' back to GS.

Some BBV TIV's I received tonight -

PS3 -

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $16
Time Crisis 4 - $30
Transformers - $16
History Channel Battle for the Pacific - $30
Madden '07 - $6

Wii -

Spiderman Friend or Foe - $13
Chicken Shoot - $13
Chicken Little Ace in Action - $16
Tamagotchi Party On - $9
Hannah Montana 2 Spotlight - $16
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - $30

Other TIV's I was quoted, but decided not to trade at this time -

PS3 -

Conan - $9

Wii -

TMNT - $9
MLB Power Pros - $9

[quote name='Archaic']I'm the CAG in question. I was hoping no one would move onto my turf, especially if they're clumsy about trading in too many copies or flapping their gums too much. Are you at least subtle?[/quote]

Ha! No, I'm not 'movin' in', don't worry. And all I traded in was one copy of Condemned 2 at one of the stores.

I live in Denton, just happened to be out in Fort Worth going to the art museums today and wanted to stop at a BB I hadn't been to yet to get a few more B1G1 games since I've cleaned out my local stores. First time I'd ever been to those two stores and most likely will never be back (they're like 45 minutes to an hour from me and not near any place I normally go). Now that THPG and SoF are dropping, I can squeeze a few more pairs out of my local stores.

[quote name='joshnorm']See I don't understand that. My GS managers don't care at all about the coupon. As a matter of fact the one guy told me to go grab a bunch of his other crap games to use the coupon on and get the discount. It helps there numbers out by selling used and gets crap out of the store.[/QUOTE]

It's been getting harder for me though. I went to a GS I've never been to before - no problem on the first use of the coupon but he told me 1 per customer per day when I tried to use another. I just traded the second set anyway (just with $10 promo) and he said "Are you sure? You could come back tomorrow?". Yeah, well, thanks buddy - if you are offering to do that just take the damn things now :lol:. The store is 20 miles from home so, no, I'm not going there tomorrow - $5 extra in GS credit is not worth 1+ gallons of gas and the time it would take and anger it would arouse in my family ;).

[quote name='luan87us']thanks for the update man. But my BBVs are basically dried from all my flipping lol. I bought about 20games + from each store with all the flippings. All left now is VT3 and spiderman 3. Might actually sign up for one of those game/movie pass before the promotion end. Thanks IO! you've made my entertainment life alot more pleasure without hurting my wallet

after trading in 6 spiderman 3's for double what I paid for them to GS, I gotta thank the op. GS never blinked an eye, and I really thought I should spit them up to a couple different stores but they didn't give a shit.... keep doing what you're doing, there is absolutely nothing wrong other than you were the smart consumer.

so i recently bought couple of games to keep at blockbuster. but they are semi-scratched and i'm a bit ocd when it comes to scratched disks. i figured the best thing to do is bring it into a gamecrazy for them to buff it out for 2.50 a disk.. or get the mvp for 9.99 to get 8 buffing... (they said they dont do the 5 buffing for 5 dollar card). i actually got an extra copy of a gamecube game (mario power tennis for the gc) that has a trade in value at gamestop for 12 dollars (so that has a high trade in value even without any bonuses). i don't want to actually spend real cash to get my disks resurfaced. that's why i want to trade that game into gamecrazy but i have to get them to match gamestop's price (gc's quote was around 4 dollars). but gs doesn't give quotes over the phone, but would they give it to game crazy? anyone ever done that before? gs trade match into gamecrazy? thanks

Just a heads-up for the flippers who didn't notice the other thread: there is currently a promotion that if you buy any game from a Sony system at Toys'R'Us, you get another for half-off. So, this may prove beneficial if you find some good PS3 games under $25. Who knows? You may come upon a gold mine.

[quote name='Karuto']Just a heads-up for the flippers who didn't notice the other thread: there is currently a promotion that if you buy any game from a Sony system at Toys'R'Us, you get another for half-off. So, this may prove beneficial if you find some good PS3 games under $25. Who knows? You may come upon a gold mine.[/quote]

thanks for the heads-up..there is a TRU right next to a BBV a few miles from my house...might check things out..

I highly doubt there is any profit to be made there considering most PS3 games are expensive at TRU the only thing I saw left there was madden 07 in the clearance bins

[quote name='Archaic']I'm the CAG in question. I was hoping no one would move onto my turf, especially if they're clumsy about trading in too many copies or flapping their gums too much. Are you at least subtle?[/quote]
are you the one that told the manager you bought the ff:ross for 4 dollars? I know where you have been. I helped clean that one out.

I'm curious as to how much anyone has flipped in one day. What is the most someone has made? I ask only because I am trying to gauge exactly how much I can do tomorrow without raising too many proverbial eyebrows.

[quote name='millerjm2']I'm curious as to how much anyone has flipped in one day. What is the most someone has made? I ask only because I am trying to gauge exactly how much I can do tomorrow without raising too many proverbial eyebrows.[/quote]

I made about $234 (9 different gamestops) transfering into GS today, this was after driving locally south then 19 miles North. Time Crisis 4 and Turning Point wasn't worth much but I dumped those 2 into BB anyway. Still got 200 leftover after buying a Wii and $80 at BB left.

Also this is the 1st time I got rejected with the $15 extra, inside a mall one of the new employees I suppose? I never went to this GS since months! She typed in the code but it didn't give me the bonus, so one of the coworkers confirmed with someone in the back. He then took out the acutal card from the back room and flipped over and saw the NCAA 09 pre-order words in the back.

[quote name='CaoPi']I made about $234 (9 different gamestops) transfering into GS today, this was after driving locally south then 19 miles North. Time Crisis 4 and Turning Point wasn't worth much but I dumped those 2 into BB anyway. Still got 200 leftover after buying a Wii and $80 at BB left.

Also this is the 1st time I got rejected with the $15 extra, inside a mall one of the new employees I suppose? I never went to this GS since months! She typed in the code but it didn't give me the bonus, so one of the coworkers confirmed with someone in the back. He then took out the acutal card from the back room and flipped over and saw the NCAA 09 pre-order words in the back.[/quote]

Apparently I need to step it up a notch.

[quote name='millerjm2']I'm curious as to how much anyone has flipped in one day. What is the most someone has made? I ask only because I am trying to gauge exactly how much I can do tomorrow without raising too many proverbial eyebrows.[/QUOTE]

Well, I could break it down by day but I just finished totalling up my action since the B1G1 started. I was "active" really only on 3 days (and just traded 4 games today - doesn't really count ;)). So divide these numbers by 3 to get an estimate of what it was like each day (it comes out to just about exactly what CaoPi did today):

- 73 games purchased at Blockbuster for a total of $398
- 73 games traded in to GS for a total of $850
- 6 games purchased at Gamestop for a total of $79
- 6 games traded in to Blockbuster for a total of $153

Combined that means $245 at BBV turned into $771 at GS. (And of course I spent some of that credit at each place to buy games, Wall-E toys, push pops, etc and place preorders at both stores but I'm not counting that in here).

Not bad... Not bad at all... I'm sure kunai's totals will blow those out of the water though. I could keep doing this for a while if I wanted. I'm running low on Blockbuster credit but have enough for a couple more days. And like I said, the stores around here are for the most part untouched. It is more a matter of being wiped out and the family growing tired of it, though my kids are enjoying that Guitar Hero III way more than I thought they would (I picked it up at particularly friendly GS early in the week). So they should appreciate my efforts as I would have never bought it with the credit I had before this started. Now I need to decide which way I want to go in the Fall: GH:WT or Rock Band 2. Or maybe with all that credit: both ;).

I started with $250 in GR credit- now I have 2 Wiis, 2 DS lites, and a few hundred left over in GS credit (as well as another $100 in games sitting in front of me, which will become Soldier of Fortune tomorrow. I picked up an average 8 games each time, hitting up some of these stores for the 2nd/3rd/4th time this week. Somewhere around 120 games. I think...

I hit up:
Ventura/Reseda (the bitch is leaving!)
Tampa/Victory
Ventura/Topanga (only 1 good employee there)
Van Nuys/Milbank
Riverside/Fulton
Venutra/Vineland
Lankershim/Erwin
Chatsworth/Zelzah
Rinaldi/Corbin

Tomorrow:
Saticoy/Louise
Venutra/Kester
Nordhoff/Reseda
Sherman Way/Woodman
Topanga/Roscoe
Ventura/Laurel

Also, did you know death gods love apples?

[quote name='io']Well, I could break it down by day but I just finished totalling up my action since the B1G1 started. I was "active" really only on 3 days (and just traded 4 games today - doesn't really count ;)). So divide these numbers by 3 to get an estimate of what it was like each day (it comes out to just about exactly what CaoPi did today):

- 73 games purchased at Blockbuster for a total of $398
- 73 games traded in to GS for a total of $850
- 6 games purchased at Gamestop for a total of $79
- 6 games traded in to Blockbuster for a total of $153

Combined that means $245 at BBV turned into $771 at GS. (And of course I spent some of that credit at each place to buy games, Wall-E toys, push pops, etc and place preorders at both stores but I'm not counting that in here).

Not bad... Not bad at all... I'm sure kunai's totals will blow those out of the water though. And I could keep doing this for a while if I wanted. I'm running low on Blockbuster credit but have enough for a couple more days. And like I said, the stores aroung here are for the most part untouched.[/quote]

Was your car piled up with receipts, stickers and bags from Blockbuster, GS? ;) It took me a while to take off the stickers

[quote name='djkunai']I started with $250 in GR credit- now I have 2 Wiis, 2 DS lites, and a few hundred left over in GS credit (as well as another $100 in games sitting in front of me, which will become Soldier of Fortune tomorrow. I picked up an average 8 games each time, hitting up some of these stores for the 2nd/3rd/4th time this week. Somewhere around 120 games. I think...

I hit up:
Ventura/Reseda (the bitch is leaving!)
Tampa/Victory
Ventura/Topanga (only 1 good employee there)
Van Nuys/Milbank
Riverside/Fulton
Venutra/Vineland
Lankershim/Erwin
Chatsworth/Zelzah
Rinaldi/Corbin

Tomorrow:
Saticoy/Louise
Venutra/Kester
Nordhoff/Reseda
Sherman Way/Woodman
Topanga/Roscoe
Ventura/Laurel

Also, did you know death gods love apples?[/quote]

The fat red headed bitch??

How do you guys do it? Planned out or any use of GPS? I had a bit fun using my sisters GPS system today after going to BB's I never been to in the north area here. Although I did know where all the GS's were pretty much up.

[quote name='spauldingfan']The fat red headed bitch??[/quote]

Haha, she was at Riverside/Fulton a few months ago, but I haven't seen her since. The one I'm talking about is Cynthia, the fat one who can't walk over to the used game drawer without breaking into a sweat and gasping for air. She had the audacity to tell me I couldn't trade in a game because there was a GameStop sticker of the barcode (the policy that Venutra/Topanga tried enforcing today) since it wasn't the original barcode. I walked over to the rental wall, switched the box, and told her it was okay now.

[quote name='io']...and just traded 4 games today - doesn't really count ;)[/quote]

LOL same here. I went to the two closest Gamestops and picked up two titles at each. Flipped to the nearest BBV, picked up Civilization Revolution, and went home. My daughter was sick so I didn't get to take advantage of the PS3 coupon like I was hoping to today. Now I think I'm actually down from $300 total credit for the first time since this sale started, but I think it's only like $25. I'm gonna head out to some new BBVs tomorrow and see if I can spend the whole $170 on my value card on ONLY flipper games. I'm already doubting that will happen because there's still a few titles I'm looking for, but hopefully I'll get back to breaking even by the end of tomorrow.

[quote name='djkunai']Haha, she was at Riverside/Fulton a few months ago, but I haven't seen her since. The one I'm talking about is Cynthia, the fat one who can't walk over to the used game drawer without breaking into a sweat and gasping for air. She had the audacity to tell me I couldn't trade in a game because there was a GameStop sticker of the barcode (the policy that Venutra/Topanga tried enforcing today) since it wasn't the original barcode. I walked over to the rental wall, switched the box, and told her it was okay now.[/quote]

Reminds me of the Rocket Scientists of the Santa Clarita store who would not take a trade cause a fingerprint looked too much like a scratch.....then sold me 10 games that looked like Hellen Keller used them as frisbees.

:lol:

[quote name='stone1061']Was going to make a list of "Fight Club" Rules of CAG but when in any game store ...
1. There is NO CAG

Instead here's something else...
When trading in games....
If you have no idea what the game is about, you may be a flipper.
If you know the TIV before they scan the games, you may be a flipper.
If you trade games from one system(PS3), and use that credit to buy games from another system(360), you may be a flipper.
If you know what the totals with edge, coupon, and bonuses will be, you may be a flipper.
If you can't figure out 15% for a tip but know the TIV profit ratios from GS--> BB --> GS you may be a flipper.
If you know what a 'value card' is, you may be a flipper.
If you know that "Kunai" is more than an ancient Japanese gardening tool, you may be flipper.
If you think IO looks like an animated Obi Wan Kenobi, you may be a flipper.[/quote]

Here's another for the list: :360: Quake 4 at $14.99. TIV at GS is $2.50.

Thanks. Just another reason to sweep my stores again. I've visited 5 days in a row already! :rofl:

[quote name='spauldingfan']FOR THE SERIOUS FLIPPERS OUT THERE:

Do not trade in more than 30 at a time.... the computer caps off at 30 for the extra 10...[/quote]

It caps off at 10 now. Found out when I was about to sign the receipt on Saturday. Good thing I checked but the whole transaction had to be voided.

How long is this B1G1 going on at BB again? I asked one of the managers and she said it's good for 1 week?

Also I'm kind of worried after dumping so many Friend of foes, never seen so many at the BB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back