The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

my bad people...i read the first page but didnt see the PS3 coupon...i must have skipped over it...

u dont have u be @$$holes about it...and only one person needs to tell me where thye r...not everyone needs to be an @$$ about it
my dearest appologies

my post is actually just a response to msam. don't take that one personally, makaveli. the other ones you can, but you shouldn't take mine that way.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
First and foremost I'd like to personally welcome you to the "I just got banned from Blockbuster" club. Dude... I feel your pain. As for a little insight into your case in particular I would bet real cash money that your account had just been flagged somewhere between the last time you traded and earlier this morning by another manager in different store (hence why she said you were banned from other stores when in reality corporate put temp hold on your account forbidding trading on your account).

Somehow you managed to slip past a store and trade before the flag was sent or finalized much like myself earlier today.

We're both essentially in the same boat only you were banned strictly for excessive trading while I was banned for both suspicion of theft AND excessive trading. ;\

Fortunately I might not be banned and only restricted to one store after discussing my situation with the manager. In your case you may want to do the same my friend.[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome, Ink.So.Well! :lol: Also like to thank everyone on this thread for helping me, I always knew a Blockbuster/Gamerush thread existed, but it wasn't until the thread was virtually a sticky that I started to pay attention! :whistle2:#

The mgr didn't say anything about theft suspicion on my account...that'd be something she'd mention to me when she told me it's blocked, right? Weird thing is, I didn't see her at ANY BBVs I went to today...haha.

What do I say to a mgr about the account tho? The BBV I went back to didn't mention anything to me, and I didn't want to bring it up either.

============================
On another note, Enchanted Arms is $14.99 at BBV, trades in for $6 credit at GS before the $10 bonus and EDGE. The total TIV was $11.60.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Another NJ CAG I see. Live pretty close to me too. I'm in Lodi, NJ. Have you ever hit up the BBVs in Clifton/Carlstadt? Don't know how far away that would be from you, but just doing a quick check.[/quote]
Nope, never been to the Clifton/Carlstadt BBVs before, I usually hit the BBVs near my parents' place in Wayne.:) That Lincoln Park location I've never been to before, guess I won't need to anytime soon either! haha!

[quote name='yuy104']Nope, never been to the Clifton/Carlstadt BBVs before, I usually hit the BBVs near my parents' place in Wayne.:) That Lincoln Park location I've never been to before, guess I won't need to anytime soon either! haha![/quote]

I guess you're lucky then. Clifton BB has almost nothing in terms of selling. Not really worth it to go there. The one in Carlstadt has a cool manager that really doesn't care about how many games you trade in as long as it's not the same day.

How are the BBs around Wayne though?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 2 copies of Ghost Recon 2 for 9.99 and didn't realize it only got a buck so it didn't qualify for the 10 bonus (of course i realized this after i left the store and looked at the receipt), so I went to trade the other one back in to BB (didn't try to return since they only give the same game), and they said they gave 6 in credit for it...so, because of b1g1, I got it for essentially 5, and traded it back in to the same place for 6...probably not much you can do with this, but I found it interesting

[quote name='msam']
Mod's may want to clean this thread up a bit, but I guess we could let it die off and start a new one.[/QUOTE]
I figured the best time for a new thread was when the B1G1 sale is over. I'm not too concerned if people miss the info in the second post - this is all getting out of hand anyway...

[quote name='mkernan']I finally went and saw Wall-E today, which gave me an excuse to visit my second local store (hit up the closest one this morning). I bought a $6 Wall-E action figure at BB as well as 4 more games to flip back to GS.[/QUOTE]

:lol:. I've bought about 6 or 7 of those now.

[quote name='JTHuffy']Another oddity...I bought 2 copies of Ghost Recon 2 for 9.99 and didn't realize it only got a buck so it didn't qualify for the 10 bonus (of course i realized this after i left the store and looked at the receipt), so I went to trade the other one back in to BB (didn't try to return since they only give the same game), and they said they gave 6 in credit for it...so, because of b1g1, I got it for essentially 5, and traded it back in to the same place for 6...probably not much you can do with this, but I found it interesting[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're aware of this and it's fine if it was just a mistake purchase. But I wouldn't go making a habit of that. If they catch on to that they will (quite rightly in this case) bring down the ban hammer.

Changing topics - as for keeper games from this sale. Well, there are certainly ones I would have kept had I not had them already (Katamari, VT3, Enchanted Arms, Forza 2, Arcade Unplugged, Bionicle Heroes, Chromehounds, Monster Madness, Overlord, LOTR:BfME, PotC 3, Ratatouille (rented and beat), Shrek Third (rented and beat), Star Trek Legacy, Spiderman FoF, Spiderman 3, Table Tennis, TMNT, Tomb Raider Legend, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata Party Animals, and finally EDF which I got during the last B1G1). Yes, I do already have all of those (except the ones I rented)! And I would have kept all of those from this sale if I hadn't bought most of them for more than what they cost via the B1G1 already (many from my GR before it closed and they had that one clearance about 2 years ago).

But there are a few I'd like from this sale and of course I can't find them. I do want to keep a Moto GP 07 probably (I did find this but needed it to pair up for GS - I'll look for another. Too bad because it was mint too). Ones I can't find: Rayman Raving Rabbids, Crash of the Titans, Sega Superstar Tennis. And lots of PSP stuff. The only keeper I've found to date is Ratchet & Clank Size Matters.

I still have a Beautiful Katamari if anyone is looking for it. I'll hold on to it a few more days but I'll probably end up pairing it up with something when I make another run (assuming the sale goes another week like we think it does).

[quote name='JTHuffy']So, after I trade in 2 games at a BB near me, I grab a stack of b1g1 games and bring them to the front. One girl starts to open up the giant shell cases to get to the games, when the girl at the other register (rather cute, I must say) starts grabbing the games, and the other girl was like "what are you doing?" The cute chick goes "you won't know how to do these right, I'll do it myself." I had to insert the sarcastic "ladies, ladies, you don't need to fight over me" line...I had fun. At the end the cute one pointed out that I had a 30 day warranty on em. I was honest, I said to her straight out "not gonna lie, I'm taking em across the street and trading em in to gamestop." Got a good laugh out of her. I don't know why I'm telling this story, but I felt the need to mention that I'm doing very well flipping back & forth (right now I've got $140 GS credit with about a dozen more games to trade in to em).
[/QUOTE]

This story was good until you decided to tell her you were trading it into gamestop.

Never ceases to amaze me how cute girls get people to say the dumbest shit.

[quote name='yuy104']Thanks for the welcome, Ink.So.Well! :lol: Also like to thank everyone on this thread for helping me, I always knew a Blockbuster/Gamerush thread existed, but it wasn't until the thread was virtually a sticky that I started to pay attention! :whistle2:#[/quote]

You're quite welcome. Thanking the regulars of this thread is a great way to ensure your place among them and the rest of us seldom annoying newbies, haha. Be sure to always pay attention and contribute accordingly to lessen confusion and spam.

The mgr didn't say anything about theft suspicion on my account...that'd be something she'd mention to me when she told me it's blocked, right? Weird thing is, I didn't see her at ANY BBVs I went to today...haha.
Well... if you back track a couple of pages you'll soon realize my situation differs slightly from your own so with any luck ET is the only smear on your account worth worrying about. She certainly would have mentioned anything else when the flag showed up considering the fact another rejected your trades by membership card glance alone. Obviously that means you too were a hot topic among management as corporate supported their feverish search of all your trade account records.

What do I say to a mgr about the account tho? The BBV I went back to didn't mention anything to me, and I didn't want to bring it up either.
Well... in my case I sort of lucked out for the time being. The manager of the location I attempted to trade in pulled me over to discuss my account and was a fellow flipper. Once I flashed my receipt to further discredit the suspicion of theft claim (beside the fact all of my games were complete with cover art and manuals while the stolen games in question were all rentals) and substantiate everything I had done aside from trading more than two of the same title per day was legal, he immediately sympathized and told me I wasn't banned from Blockbuster.

The only catch is that should only trade from him with a receipt and only two same title trades per day total at that store provided his boss would allow it. Obviously I haven't the slightest idea what Tuesday will bring when I pop in to see the manager, but who knows? If you simply explain to them that weren't doing anything illegal aside from the fact you "forgot" or "weren't told" of the 2 same title per day rule they might be lenient about it.

I am almost certain the manager that gave you a hard time will ensure the ban extends to all stores as soon as possible so if you get away with trading anywhere for now taking advantage of it is completely up to you. Just know it won't last.

A couple of quick questions,

Do any of you find that GS trade in values drop after the weekend? I only ask because I have a bunch of games I need to flip back to them.
Is there a limit on how many games can be traded in at one GS? Today I had trouble getting a bonus on a few games. I know of only two off the top of my head; Meet the Robinsons and Chromohound.
Lastly, I guess I should of figured this out by now however the BB computer does not match games with similar prices. I am sure most of you already knew that but I did lose probably about twenty dollars today b/c of my ignorance.

In a day and a half with an initial investment of $85, I have successfully turned that into fifteen games for my own personal collection, and edge membership, mountains of candy and soda, one t-shirt and about $435 in combined credit (I think).

[quote name='confoosious']This story was good until you decided to tell her you were trading it into gamestop.

Never ceases to amaze me how cute girls get people to say the dumbest shit.[/quote]

Yeah, as soon as I said that I thought to myself "you moron." But whatever.

[quote name='confoosious']This story was good until you decided to tell her you were trading it into gamestop.

Never ceases to amaze me how cute girls get people to say the dumbest shit.[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much

[quote name='DarkRider23']How are the BBs around Wayne though?[/quote]

They only had the games that have ratios of around 1.5ish...I couldn't find any high ones there...most BBVs in the area were good until the Lincoln Park mgr decided to block my acct.

[quote name='millerjm2']A couple of quick questions,

Do any of you find that GS trade in values drop after the weekend? I only ask because I have a bunch of games I need to flip back to them.
Is there a limit on how many games can be traded in at one GS? Today I had trouble getting a bonus on a few games. I know of only two off the top of my head; Meet the Robinsons and Chromohound.
Lastly, I guess I should of figured this out by now however the BB computer does not match games with similar prices. I am sure most of you already knew that but I did lose probably about twenty dollars today b/c of my ignorance.

In a day and a half with an initial investment of $85, I have successfully turned that into fifteen games for my own personal collection, and edge membership, mountains of candy and soda, one t-shirt and about $435 in combined credit (I think).[/quote]

GS trade in values drop every night. They don't have specific dates where they drop them.

If you had a problem getting the bonus you should try trading in less games at a time. Gamestop computers are known to crap out after a certain amount of games.

When buying games at BB either buy them in 2 separate transactions with $14.99 games and $9.99 games OR make sure they hit total after each scanning of 2 games.

[quote name='millerjm2']A couple of quick questions,

[/quote]

There have been numerous reports that trading over 10 at a time to GS will cause any games over that threshold to not benefit from the discount. I traded in 12 and 2 of them became ineligible, so I just take them in stacks of 10 to stores around the area. I also try to limit the number of Blockbuster Video cases I give them by about 2 or 3 per stack of 10 - haven't had any questions asked so far.

Based on my experience, a stack of 10 games typically nets you $102- $120 dollars.
A GS employee actively tried to discourage me from buying Turning Point, he kept telling me how bad it was.
Haha, I had that happen to me TWICE!

A GS employee actively tried to discourage me from buying Turning Point, he kept telling me how bad it was. They didn't have any of the alternate good flips availabe from that store though, other than the Blacksite I was already getting, so I had to persevere and pretend I really, really wanted it :O I almost felt like telling him what I was really going to do with it, but I protected the secrecy of CAG.
Anyway, is there a difference in trade-in at Blockbuster between the regular R6Vegas 2, and the Limited Edition?

Then that confirms it. I went into one GS and the computer pooped out after twelve trade ins.

About Transformers; it was 19.99 at my BB too so with all the previous posts questioning it's price perhaps it should be deleted from the list.

Lastly, to confirm, trade in values change weekly at BB on Tuesday right?

LOL at all the people being banned and suspended. You would have known better had you read through the thread and seen the many people who had been banned for the same thing. Is reading really that hard people. You trade a bunch of crap at stores that have no idea what you are doing and your going to get banned.:roll: I dont see BBV accepting trades at all much longer...with all the dumbasses on this board, one is bound to call BBV Corp and ask "whats the max number of same title games i can trade?" OR "well its not like its just me doing it".

[quote name='millerjm2']

Lastly, to confirm, trade in values change weekly at BB on Tuesday right?[/quote]

You got to be joking. Are you brain dead?

[quote name='JTHuffy']So, after I trade in 2 games at a BB near me, I grab a stack of b1g1 games and bring them to the front. One girl starts to open up the giant shell cases to get to the games, when the girl at the other register (rather cute, I must say) starts grabbing the games, and the other girl was like "what are you doing?" The cute chick goes "you won't know how to do these right, I'll do it myself." I had to insert the sarcastic "ladies, ladies, you don't need to fight over me" line...I had fun. At the end the cute one pointed out that I had a 30 day warranty on em. I was honest, I said to her straight out "not gonna lie, I'm taking em across the street and trading em in to gamestop." Got a good laugh out of her. I don't know why I'm telling this story, but I felt the need to mention that I'm doing very well flipping back & forth (right now I've got $140 GS credit with about a dozen more games to trade in to em).

[/quote]

So many that do not read the first page and all the work the Op puts into it. and the "brilliant" crap like this.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

New crapless, smart thread sounds great

PS Transformers is $19.99 at three stores I checked last night/today

You guys write too much. On a side note, i bought "the eye of judgment" used for $18 (i think total) with the camera @ gamestop. I think the lady messed up cause i even told her i was not going to pay for the camera when she brought it up to the counter and she said it was included with the game.

[quote name='donut']So many that do not read the first page and all the work the Op puts into it. and the "brilliant" crap like this.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

New crapless, smart thread sounds great

PS Transformers is $19.99 at three stores I checked last night/today[/quote]

I feel your pain. I 2nd the motion for a new thread with mods taking a greater effort to ban or atleast bar all the dumbasses who dont have the brain power to read the first post. And what a dumbass that guy was that told the girls he was headed to GS. He deserves to be banned from GS and BBV.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Another NJ CAG I see. Live pretty close to me too. I'm in Lodi, NJ. Have you ever hit up the BBVs in Clifton/Carlstadt? Don't know how far away that would be from you, but just doing a quick check.[/QUOTE]

You leave my BBVs in Carlstadt/Clifton alone! ;D

[quote name='sallyballs']You leave my BBVs in Carlstadt/Clifton alone! ;D[/quote]

Oh man. I really hope that was sarcasm. Are you really going to those 2 BBs? If you are, it would kind of explain their piss poor collection of games.

I picked up re4 gamecube and pikmin 2 for 15 dollars total via the sale. Also picked up 4 games for trade at GS- definitely wasn't expecting to find pikmin 2 in good condition at the local blockbuster though. I noticed a lot of the games at the past 2 blockbusters have been mislabeled. When in doubt a price check is always worthwhile. I feel like from cag I know more about how stores and their pricing works than employees.

The hate is a little unnecessary, however I did learn my lesson and read through the entire first post and answered one of my previous questions.

So just to clarify, what usually happens if you try to trade in two copies of the same game at one BB at one time, which, technically isn't illegal but could be suspicious.

[quote name='king007']Does Rainbow Six Vegas 2 LE (PS3) get more than the reg edition. I called two BBV and neither store knew the difference. Tried to tell me there was no Rainbow Six Vegas 2 LE.:roll:[/quote]

In my case the CSR told me that they wouldn't take it. I guess Rainbow Six Vegas 2 LE (PS3) is similar to Time Crisis 4 in that the bar-code does not bring up a trade value, resulting (if you are lucky) a manual look up.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']So just to clarify, what usually happens if you try to trade in two copies of the same game at one BB at one time, which, technically isn't illegal but could be suspicious.[/quote]

Alarms go off, doors automatically lock and the swat team surrounds the building.

Nah, nothing happens. The manager at the store I go to lets me trade in 3 copies of the same title. While "2 copies of the same game" is part of the trade agreement, the only reason why so many people don't risk it, is that all it takes is an overly nosey cashier to get you banned. Luckily, the employees from the store where I knew everyone are now spread across 4 different stores, so if I time things right, I'd have no problem dumping 15 copies of a game in an hour and a half.

I had one manager call around thinking that I'm one of the people who has been stealing from one store and trading to another. Eventually they got with my manager buddy, who told them there was nothing to worry about. I know who the inquiring manager is, and it is funny as hell how he acts all nice now. I'm waiting for the perfect opportunity to use the "See, I pay for my video games" line. I keep my GS receipts, let them try and say I stole.

Holy cow - I love the new BB/GR Thread facist regime.

We should actually find a way to infect anyone who writes someting stupid with tetanus (so they can't speak in the real world) and then paralyze their fingers (so they can't type posts in the magical world of CAG).

[quote name='mephitical']Holy cow - I love the new BB/GR Thread facist regime.

We should actually find a way to infect anyone who writes someting stupid with tetanus (so they can't speak in the real world) and then paralyze their fingers (so they can't type posts in the magical world of CAG).[/quote]

That's not funny. At all.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']That's not funny. At all.[/quote]
You're right - I forgot to mention that we should make sure they also get meningitis and eventually go deaf, so they cannot use the telephone to violate the sacred "do not call anyone ever" rule.

I'm just bitter because none of my stores have anything worthwhile during this sale.

[quote name='mephitical']Holy cow - I love the new BB/GR Thread facist regime.

We should actually find a way to infect anyone who writes someting stupid with tetanus (so they can't speak in the real world) and then paralyze their fingers (so they can't type posts in the magical world of CAG).[/quote]

quoted in hopes of this dream coming true:D

This once excellent thread has erupted into a shit pool of complainers/noobs/idiots (not everyone, but seemingly the majority).

Hopefully after the b1g1 and the +10/15 at gs run their course, things can return to normal.

To the comment about playing games that you want to flip... I definitely do that. I'm a newb at this, so I don't know if it's most optimal to do it this way, but I'm definitely playing through COD2, Stranglehold, and Darkness before I trade them in.

Not to go off topic... Bought OCTOMANIA(Wii) at BB for $9.99 flipped it ar BBV for $23.00 credit. Newb to this whole flipping thing, but defiantely getting close to that PS3 with my acquired BBV credit :)

[quote name='spider24']Not to go off topic... Bought OCTOMANIA(Wii) at BB for $9.99 flipped it ar BBV for $23.00 credit. Newb to this whole flipping thing, but defiantely getting close to that PS3 with my acquired BBV credit :)[/QUOTE]

ok flip if your just starting to flip and need to start off with an initial investment, which I'm sure we all had too. Also i agree this thread has sort of gone off the deep end.

i've tested out a few games (cars, f4, sega rally, spiderman:fof, full auto, nfs:mw, pdz, harry potter, etc), and i've only thought about keeping nfs.

[quote name='spider24']Not to go off topic... Bought OCTOMANIA(Wii) at BB for $9.99 flipped it ar BBV for $23.00 credit. Newb to this whole flipping thing, but defiantely getting close to that PS3 with my acquired BBV credit :)[/QUOTE]

Interesting. The game is $14.99 new at Gamestop. I also happen to be getting a copy via goozex. I plan on keeping it though.

[quote name='mkernan']I finally went and saw Wall-E today, which gave me an excuse to visit my second local store (hit up the closest one this morning). I bought a $6 Wall-E action figure at BB as well as 4 more games to flip back to GS. I had mostly cleaned out both local stores, but with THPG and SoF dropping, it gave me the chance to buy a few more. So, now I've got $640 in GS credit. Woo![/quote]
We should make a DFW map of where we hit so we can save time and money.

I say we make a new thread the day after the B1G1 ends so we can wipe away all this drama!

I'm really excited for the games that are coming out. I mean, I'm actually kind of interested in purchasing NCAA 09 after all, which is funny, considering I have altogether put down $50 on all the GameStop stores I've visited. XD

Can't wait to head back to school next month. I have a BlockBuster and GameStop right next to each other, and another GameStop inside of a free bus ride. Can't wait, even if the manager at one of the GS stores is a douchebag!

I'm actually tired of flipping ( what?!!) I made my 200 something credit (which is pennies compared to most of you) and now this whole going back and forth and getting all these dirty looks like I'm a technical bum that his sole purpose is to live off of credit has made me stop completely ..... so the last 2 games that I was gonna flip I ended up keeping them and started to do what I was suppose to do...PLAY THE DAMN GAMES!!! ... I mean that's the whole purpose.... isn't?

Thanks to Io and everybody else that contribute. I got so many benefit from a small investment but I have to take a break now since the wife is not too happy of me missing couple hours here and there for th past three week. :)

Start:
74 gs credit
120 cash

To date:
1 wii, wii play, extra nunchuck, 2 gc controller, 1 gc memory card.
Wii game - ddr hottest party (for my wife), smb
Gc game - metroid prime 1 & 2, RE4
Ps3 game - Gta4, Mgs4
700 GS credit
my edge card renewal

Thanks once again

For noobs (well, I'm a noob too), read 1st and print 2nd posts and keep a low profile. I do all of those in 3 weeks, start on 6/20. Always think that there is another cager in your area so don't ruin it for them by acting cocky and stupid.

BTW, When you buy used EOJ at GS, it should come with the camera and mat. I went to two different stores today, and everytime I want to buy it, they don't want to sell it to me because they can't find the camera and mat. Both are my fav store, so don't want to push the issue. If you notice on the yellow price sticker, it says "Cam and Mat Req", not like a TC4 where it says "game only".

[quote name='jsantillan13']We should make a DFW map of where we hit so we can save time and money.[/quote]

Generally speaking, I only hit the two Denton stores and occasionally the Hickory Creek store if I'm trying to spread out a little. My parents live in Coppell, so once in a blue moon I hit the Coppell store on Denton tap.

For the purposes of this combo of BB B1G1 and GS extra $10, I've hit all of the following to buy up the B1G1 stuff (in addition to other others stores mentioned): Main St Lewsiville, Flower Mound 1171 @ 2499, Lewisville 121 business @ 35, 2 stores at some intersection on Western Center blvd in Keller, and I think that's about it. Back during the Beowulf flip, I also hit up one other store in Flower Mound, on 407 I think.

But yeah, for the most part, I just go to my two Denton stores and sometimes Hickory Creek for flipping. I have a wife and two kids so I try not to dedicate too much time to flipping; usually will do trade-ins over my work lunch hour or try to work BB visits into already-planned driving trips.

A clerk at Gamestop today said to me "we see you like twice a day, what's up man?" To which I simply replied "gotta take advantage of these promotions while they last." I think I'm pretty much done at this point and with $640 GS credit and like 8 games I kept, I'm thinking I did pretty well the past couple weeks. Just gonna see what happens at E3 this week and then probably buy an MGS PS3 bundle and sell it to cash out alot of that credit. I don't expect a PS3 price drop but just want to make sure. It's getting annoying having to come up with some story every time they are surprised by the amount of credit on my Edge card.

[quote name='babycarlitos']I'm actually tired of flipping ( what?!!) I made my 200 something credit (which is pennies compared to most of you) and now this whole going back and forth and getting all these dirty looks like I'm a technical bum that his sole purpose is to live off of credit has made me stop completely ..... so the last 2 games that I was gonna flip I ended up keeping them and started to do what I was suppose to do...PLAY THE DAMN GAMES!!! ... I mean that's the whole purpose.... isn't?[/quote]
Yeah...sometimes it feels that most people here are becoming cheapassflippers with the gamer part taking a backseat

It's nice that Blockbuster offers a chance to buy movies online with your gift cards, but I really wish they'd throw games up there as well. The perfect buy-out option for Blockbuster? GameFly, of course! :D

Makes much more sense than Circuit City ever did, anyway...

I suggest just to ignore any posts that can be answered by reading the first couple of posts.

And oh yeah, slow and steady wins the race.

so yeah just wanted to confirm the price on Universe at War: Earth Assault for the 360. It scanned for 39.99 @ my BBV. The guy that got it for 14.99 must have been one lucky son of a shao fu.
Not everyone here flipping for profits. I admit some people abuse this to make profit for themselves but I personally appreciate what this list/thread has done for me. I mean thanks to IO and everyone that contributed to this list I've actually been BUYING my games to play instead of "you know what" to play them or paid an excessive amount of money to get new realese games. But yeah thanks to everyone here I've made about 200$+ credit between 2 stores in the past fews day without even actively flipping as well. I consider myself lucky to live in the area without or with least amount of CAGs. We should do a roll call to see where most of the CAGs are at XD. I'm betting either cali or NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back