The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='babycarlitos']I'm actually tired of flipping ( what?!!) I made my 200 something credit (which is pennies compared to most of you) and now this whole going back and forth and getting all these dirty looks like I'm a technical bum that his sole purpose is to live off of credit has made me stop completely ..... so the last 2 games that I was gonna flip I ended up keeping them and started to do what I was suppose to do...PLAY THE DAMN GAMES!!! ... I mean that's the whole purpose.... isn't?[/QUOTE]

I'm getting tired of it as well. I have 4 games to take to GS tomorrow, will get around $40 for it, which puts my total to about $850. I was going to shoot for $1000 but I don't think there are any good flips and the PS3 ones aren't great. I think I'll buy a DS and then sit on $700 of credit for a while.

As far as creating a new thread, I say we hold off until after the B1G1 sale ends. This thread has become a pain to read, and hopefully we'll leave most of that here once the sale is dead. That said, everyone who is new to this thread needs to pay attention and lurk more. This thread (and this site) moves really fast, and though it's easy to get lost, it's pretty easy to catch up if people would take the time to read back a few pages.

That said, :ps3: Condemned 2 will likely no longer be a viable flip from Gamestop -> Blockbuster after Tuesday. The local Blockbuster store I was in tonight had dropped their prices to $39.99/$34.99, meaning we'll probably see a drop in the trade price from the current $33 to somewhere around $23-25. I know I posted that earlier, but I'm sure it was lost in the shuffle.

After hitting several Gamestops and Blockbusters today, I'm sitting at $194 in Gamestop credit and $70 in Blockbuster credit, along with an Edge card and copies of Beautiful Katamari and Virtua Tennis 3. I started out with just over $50 in Blockbuster credit, so I feel pretty good about how things turned out. No actual cash spent, a good time had, and a nice (albeit small, compared to some of you) profit. I think every Blockbuster around here is cleaned out of $9.99 games (except for a few copies of Spidey 3), and flipping $14.99 games just isn't profitable enough to warrant more.

You guys play nice.

Thought I'd give you heads up that we got a communication today about "buy-back" prices possibly starting to change on Sunday nights now. It said that there would be a communication about it and a Blue Dragon promo tomorrow. I'll check out the new communication tomorrow and post the jist of what it says. Also to confirm Universe at War is $39.99.

[quote name='Bigjames']Thought I'd give you heads up that we got a communication today about "buy-back" prices possibly starting to change on Sunday nights now. It said that there would be a communication about it and a Blue Dragon promo tomorrow. I'll check out the new communication tomorrow and post the jist of what it says. Also to confirm Universe at War is $39.99.[/quote]

Makes a lot more sense, honestly. It would hold off the people taking advantage of it (aka, us). Luckily, I don't care, since I usually go out on Saturday, and even times during the week.

Oh, and UAW is $39.99 here, too. Almost all prices at the BB stores are YMMV, evidently. ;)

[quote name='Karuto']Almost all prices at the BB stores are YMMV, evidently. ;)[/quote]

If you don't own a phone, prices are always YMMV and you should post in this thread requesting that everyone else double check what their local store's TIVs are.

Hmmm...so it sounds like price changes COULD go into effect on Sundays now, eh?

For the time being, is it safe for me to trade in my Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and expect ~$30 credit at BBV? I guess I will find out tomorrow!

it's always safe to buy a game from GS and turn into some what profit if your unsure just hang onto those receipt and get your money back!

so are we all slowing down on flipping? I know I am, it'll be nice to just play some games this week. I'm just going to hord my $250 GS credit as long as possible. I hope to never "pay" for my games again, via flipping when I want a game. But I'm sure if the b2g1 thing happens I'll be sucked in again. Thanks again to those in the thread. Thanks to those in this thread, that read and payed attention and didn't ruin it for the rest of us! I'll still occasionally flip, but not in any large quantities. If I just stop into a GS and BB on the way home from work I can gain a few bucks at GS, which is fine.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']so are we all slowing down on flipping?[/quote]

Did Rocky Balboa slow down when Apollo Creed challenged him for a rematch?
Did George Bush Jr. slow down when he got his second dui?
Did Helen Keller slow down when she learned binary code?

Hang in there champ!:applause:

Well, I'm about a week and a half into flipping and have to say I'm having a blast. I'm not going overboard and am doing my best to be very "aware" of all my trading/buying activity to avoid being flagged by any jr. detectives.

A huge Thank You to those of you with the major contributions making things so easy for the rest of us. It's appreciated and hopefully I'll be able to repay you all with some info in the future.

Here are my highlights:

- $21.75 out of pocket to start with (5 $4 TRU clearance titles including 2 FF:ROTSS)
- Currently at $417.28 credit ($217.47 BBV & $199.81 GS)
- Roughly 60 games have gone thru my hands so far.
- I'm trading in at 3 BBVs (will be opening a 4th trade account tomorrow)
- I have traded games to 5 different GSs.
- I have not traded duplicate copies of a game to any one BBV.
- I have not traded multiple copies of a game to any GS on the same visit or day for that matter.
- One $5 pre-order for Soul Calibur IV (PS3) at GS
- I'll place one $5 pre-order for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) tomorrow when I open my new BBV trade account.
- I still need a PS3!!!!!!!

Pretty good haul today. Little bit of everything.

I did manage to find a Mario Golf on Gamecube, but it doesn't want to play, and what I thought was a GRAW2 (GRAW2 Artwork, GRAW1 disc, manual, and sticker), so those both have to go back.

IMAG0087.jpg

Almost forgot to mention, but...was Soldier of Fortune ever a Target clearance title? The four copies that I got (one traded in earlier) were in their original cases and looked almost pristine. Each store had like two or three copies and they looked like they were right out off of the delivery truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='edavis0780']

Almost forgot to mention, but...was Soldier of Fortune ever a Target clearance title? The four copies that I got (one traded in earlier) were in their original cases and looked almost pristine. Each store had like two or three copies and they looked like they were right out off of the delivery truck.[/QUOTE]

Its actually a current Target clearance title (still $30 last time I checked locally). Though I remember Circuit City had it for $19.99 for a week. Maybe somebody bought a bunch there and flipped 'em for $30 or so?

[quote name='spider24']Not to go off topic... Bought OCTOMANIA(Wii) at BB for $9.99 flipped it ar BBV for $23.00 credit. Newb to this whole flipping thing, but defiantely getting close to that PS3 with my acquired BBV credit :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Interesting. The game is $14.99 new at Gamestop. I also happen to be getting a copy via goozex. I plan on keeping it though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, interesting indeed...the GS website doesn't show any listing at all for a used version, even when you click the show backordered games option. I'd assume that if they're selling it new for $15, then used it would be $9.99. So $10 into $23 would be a decent flip, $15 to $23 less so, especially as you wouldn't be able to use the edge card. Still, if you're already going from a GS to a Blockbuster to trade in PS3 games anyway, might as well throw an Octomania into the pile too if you're moving credit around, make an extra $7 or so.

[quote name='doubledown']So, is BB/GR getting NCAA 09 tomorrow? I asked before but this thread is a mess lately.[/quote]

Doubt it. They will probably get it WED or FRI. Those are the 2 days they usually get shipments on.

I doubt anyone's been to Blockbuster this early, but...

Is the TIV for RSV2 still $33? I would call BBV myself but I am stuck at work for quite a while...just wanna make sure in case I have to return the game to GS for a game with better TIV...

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Doubt it. They will probably get it WED or FRI. Those are the 2 days they usually get shipments on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks....I know for marquee titles they sometimes have midnight launches for games. I was wondering if this might qualify since they have been pimping this and MAdden for pre-orders.

I'm hoping they drop the price of the DS3 before the end of August with the new SKU. I really want to pick a couple up for some epic multiplayer battles. :D

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks....I know for marquee titles they sometimes have midnight launches for games. I was wondering if this might qualify since they have been pimping this and MAdden for pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I would assume it would be available tomorrow. It seems like they have the street dated "marquee" titles readily available like other stores on the release date. Everything else gets released on Friday.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Just so you guys know, I called a few blockbusters around my area, and they said that "they don't take guitar hero 3" as a trade in anymore.

Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

My BB had a sign up yesterday listing the TIV's of several games, one of them being GHIII. Guess it's YMMV.

hey guys- what games are the best for trading in at BB? Most of the games I wanted to trade in the other day all only had between 6 and 8 dollars TIV. :whistle2:/

[quote name='MikeyNike87']hey guys- what games are the best for trading in at BB? Most of the games I wanted to trade in the other day all only had between 6 and 8 dollars TIV. :whistle2:/[/quote]

Run. Run quickly. Now.

so has anything dropped in value at GS? I'm a bit worried after dumping so many Sega Rally's, Test Drive, and Spider-mans

Its best to call up your bb/gr about ncaa 09. My bb had ncaa 09 on sunday, and they only got 2 copies. They won't sell it till tuesday, or I can go in on monday at midnight, I think I can wait till the morning.

Also on a side note, does anyone else's blockbuster/gamerush sell electronics like zunes, portable dvd players, etc? Many of the ones in the dfw do, and was curious about other parts of the country. And you can use credit at these locations. One of the blockbusters is like a super blockbuster, they sell tv's and stuff. I think I will be saving up some credit for a nice 40" sony lcd.

Over lunch I traded in Turning Point @ BBV for 30.00 no problem, Kane & Lynch the employee had to look up b/c it wouldn't scan. I still got 30 or 33 I forget which, picked up Gotham Knight on Blu-Ray, can't wait to watch it.

[quote name='toocool17']Its best to call up your bb/gr about ncaa 09. My bb had ncaa 09 on sunday, and they only got 2 copies. They won't sell it till tuesday, or I can go in on monday at midnight, I think I can wait till the morning.

Also on a side note, does anyone else's blockbuster/gamerush sell electronics like zunes, portable dvd players, etc? Many of the ones in the dfw do, and was curious about other parts of the country. And you can use credit at these locations. One of the blockbusters is like a super blockbuster, they sell tv's and stuff. I think I will be saving up some credit for a nice 40" sony lcd.[/quote]

What are the prices like on their TVs and stuff?

some $14.99 games i saw at blockbuster with Gamestop trade in values (as of yesterday)

:ps3: Stranglehold $6
:ps3: Stranglehold CE $7
:wii:Avatar: The Last Airbender $4 :nottalking:

edit: found the avatar price

[quote name='JJSP']It's automatic. System should ring it up by itself when they total things out.[/quote]
Thanks, it worked!
I got Crackdown, The Darkness, Beautiful Katamari and Spiderman 3 for $25.

[quote name='makstaks']some $14.99 games i saw at blockbuster with Gamestop trade in values (as of yesterday)

:ps3: Stranglehold $6
:ps3: Stranglehold CE $7[/quote]

That's weird. Regular one sells for $19.99 and CE one sells for $17.99. I just bought a regular on this morning using the coupon. Was hoping to get CE tho, but there are none around here.

quote=akokonas;4611524]Anyone know what games dropped in price at BB. I heard Sunday was markdown day[/quote]

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Please read the first page and the last two.

BBV TIV as of Monday the 14th: These are the values i got when trading them in today which is more reliable than a phone call.

:360:Fatal Inertia: $32.00
:ps3:Rock Band Software Only: $33.00
:ps3:Eye of Judgement: $36.00
:ps3:Turning Point: $30.00
:ps3:Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Vegas 2: $30.00
:ps3:Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Vegas 2 CE: *THIS GAME IS NOT IN THE SYSTEM*. Unless you have a cool store manager its a no go. I happen to have a cool store manager and got $30.00 for this one also.:cool: He wanted to give me more because he knew the CE retailed for more but since it had no value in the system he just gave me $30.00. Traded it as if it was the regular edition. I would not try trading the CE in unless you are cool with the store manager.

Current TiV @ BB Vides
PS3
Time Crisis 4 - 30
Turning Point - 30
Viking - 23
Blacksite Area 51 - 33
The Orange Box - 16
Dark Sector - 23
Rock Band - 33

Just Did Rock Band at my nearest BBv guy wanted my guitar and other things, i said i already traded or sold them

Aslo The B1G1 they only had Crackdown

Which I think its not worth the trouble

made pre-order on Little Big Planet

[quote name='weguzs']Current TiV @ BB Vides
PS3
Time Crisis 4 - 30
Turning Point - 30
Viking - 23
Blacksite Area 51 - 33
The Orange Box - 16
Dark Sector - 23
Rock Band - 33

Just Did Rock Band at my nearest BBv guy wanted my guitar and other things, i said i already traded or sold them[/quote]

Are you sure that viking is only getting $23? Not $33?

Got Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Ps3) At GS For 20
Case Cover And Manuel
Going for 16 at BBvidoes

But I got for me anyway

Yeah I Had written a List and the Clerk just wrote in the price for them

[quote name='weguzs']Aslo The B1G1 they only had Crackdown

Which I think its not worth the trouble

made pre-order on Little Big Planet[/quote]

Oh BBV is taking orders on LBP now? Cool, that will make my "home" BBV store manager happy when I do that for her. Anything I can do to keep her happy :D

Also heres my progress report for the time being(not much left to do):

Currently Sit With:

$455 GS Credit
$229.27 BBV Credit

PLUS THESE:
Burnout Paradise PS3
Warhawk PS3
$175 GC from BBV for my friend

So considering when the B1G1 started I had around $560 in credit, and I currently have $684+ the $175GC+Burnout+Warhawk(which would make the total $904.xx) I would say gaining nearly $400 in the last week is pretty darn solid haha. And I will probably do another $50-100 PROFIT in these last couple of days. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back