The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='io']Alright, man. I've sort of been coy about my exact age, but this comment just got to me. I am fucking 39 :rofl:. And I'll be 40 in 2 weeks, so lay off ;). (Side note - keep in mind that's a pretty young Dad your girlfriend has there. My oldest kid is 11...)

I feel better though because many of the other regulars here are late 30's (and one fessed up to being 42 - so I ain't the oldest - hooray!).[/QUOTE]

Sorry for that comment, it was more of a joke at nintendo than you guys. Yeah it is young for a Dad, we're both 19, so do the math.

2nd edit: I jsut realized that I cant return/rebuy those condemned 2 and viking games since I used the 25% ps3 coupon on them and that expired.

Ahh who cares about that anymore. Another question, do you think the madden coupon could be used to put it towards the madden psp. Maybe I can cancel my psp preorder and use the coupon to put the credit back on maybe???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Sorry for that comment, it was more of a joke at nintendo than you guys. Yeah it is young for a Dad, we're both 19, so do the math.

2nd edit: I jsut realized that I cant return/rebuy those condemned 2 and viking games since I used the 25% ps3 coupon on them and that expired.

Ahh who cares about that anymore. Another question, do you think the madden coupon could be used to put it towards the madden psp. Maybe I can cancel my psp preorder and use the coupon to put the credit back on maybe???[/QUOTE]

You already traded in the games. Why would a current coupon be valid for previous trades/credit? No go.

[quote name='unforeseen']You already traded in the games. Why would a current coupon be valid for previous trades/credit? No go.[/quote]

He means... could he return the game to get the credit... then repurchase at 17.99 + 20% off, right?

You can return any games within 7 days for any reason. I don't think they will price match 30 days, though.

Alrighty ladies and gents. Today's flipping is over for me. Below are current TIV's for BB:

PS3
Kane & Lynch - $30
MLB 07 - $13
Untold Legends: DK - $13

Wii
Octomania - $23
Fantastic 4: RoSS - $20

For Gamestop pretty much all the good stuff from the OP is the same. My favorite finds being the Power Rangers ($5 -> $12.60) and Mario Power Tennis ($7.50 -> $16.80) I did however find 1 new one:

XBX: Star Wars Jedi Knight 1: $14.99 -> $11.20 ($3.70 profit)

I scored a Nintendo Wii, pre-ordered & fully paid off Fallout 3 Collectors Edition, bought a Dark Cloud 2, and Metal Slug Anthology (PS2) and I found one of those new Dark Knight "paitnings" with Joker holding up the card. After all that I still have $120 left in BB credit and $200 left in GS. I've still got one more good run in me, which I will be doing tomorrow. I sure am going to miss these sales.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']didn' go to any BBs or GSs, I'm waiting for my octomanias and Fatal inertia. Then I gotta trade 4 octos and 1 FI by 8/1 or just take the BB credit, which I might do.
[/quote]

Fatal Inertia is still $32 TIV?

I traded in :360: NBA Live 07 fro $6 and they refused to buy :360: Fusion Frenzy 2 since it did not have a UPC code (it was the one from the 3 pack that was on clearance at Target)

[quote name='Quintox']Fatal Inertia is still $32 TIV?[/quote]

Search function. 28.50 unless it changes on the value changing days.

To the CAG that bought every copy of Octomania from the Avon (Indianapolis) Gamestop store:

I bought one copy of Octomania on Friday night and they had a huge stack of the game left. I came in Saturday and one person had bought the whole stack. The reason I left the rest was to not be a jerk and take them all. I won't make that mistake again. From now on, I'm hoarding every copy of every deal the first minute it goes live. I guarantee I can get there before you do.

It's also nice going into the Gamerush across the street and being the second person in a row to trade in the same game that day. Not suspicious at all. I know because the clerk felt the need to ask me about it in junior detective mode.

[quote name='Rictor']

It's also nice going into the Gamerush across the street and being the second person in a row to trade in the same game that day. Not suspicious at all. I know because the clerk felt the need to ask me about it in junior detective mode.[/QUOTE]

And that's the fault of the other CAG how exactly?

[quote name='confoosious']And that's the fault of the other CAG how exactly?[/quote]
BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!
Today was great as far as first days go. Bought two copies of Octomania new at Gamestop. Traded them in and then bought Manhunt PS2 x2, Golden Compass PS2 x2, Tony Hawk PS2, nicktoons toy something PS2, Manhunt 2 PSP, and the mother load itself...POWER RANGERS! Thanks a lot io for that one. Anyways I'm gonna go trade these into a couple Gamestops (no duplicates here guys, I'm not a dick like that). Whew! Maybe I'll go out again today because Aug. 4 is just around the corner. Thanks to everybody in this thread for making buying games easier on my budget.

[quote name='Rictor']From now on, I'm hoarding every copy of every deal the first minute it goes live. I guarantee I can get there before you do.
[/QUOTE]

Unemployment has its moments.

Picked up a Platinum Hits version of Burnout Revenge at Sears cleareance for $2.97. Trades in for a cool $10 at BBV.

TIV for today
SST PS3 - $23 got it for roughly $10 at GS so it was a pretty good flip.

On a side note who is the CAG in Ontario who hits up the BB on moutain and 4th? I thought I was the only one around here until I saw the bin of traded in games and they had about 4 Octomanias:evil:

[quote name='io']Alright, man. I've sort of been coy about my exact age, but this comment just got to me. I am fucking 39 :rofl:. And I'll be 40 in 2 weeks, so lay off ;). (Side note - keep in mind that's a pretty young Dad your girlfriend has there. My oldest kid is 11...)

I feel better though because many of the other regulars here are late 30's (and one fessed up to being 42 - so I ain't the oldest - hooray!).[/QUOTE]

30 in exactly 2 weeks here. My oldest will be 19 when im 39

[quote name='unforeseen']Unemployment has its moments.[/quote]

Ya, like the guy that gets all the good deals at garages sales on thursdays and fridays, and I show up on Saturday to heat, I just sold a huge box of "Insert system here" games. GRRR.

All the blockbusters near me have ended the B1G1 sale but they still have all those games in the clearance bin.

Sorry if this has already been asked an ton of times, but what is the TIV for Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) at Blockbuster?

Did good on flipping to GS today. Here's a few TIV's of stuff not listed:

Mario Power Tennis (GC) $12/$16.80 after $30% and edge
Mario SS Baseball (GC) $9/$13.50
Mario Golf (GC) $5/$7.50
Singstar Amped (PS2) $6/$8.40
Singstar Pop $8/$11.20
Singstar 90's $9/$12.60

The Singstars were from my collection. The Mario's came from BBV @ $14.99 each....

[quote name='dyeknom']He means... could he return the game to get the credit... then repurchase at 17.99 + 20% off, right?

You can return any games within 7 days for any reason. I don't think they will price match 30 days, though.[/QUOTE]

yeah exactly (17.99 - 20%), I paid with credit, 22.74 for the viking and condemened 2 I bought at 34.99. And 15.54 for the ones I bought at 26.99. At this point its not worth the trouble for me. If I had 5+ receipts where I paid 22.74 it would be, roughly $7 back on each. And since I'll be in many GS stores coming up, why not get $7 or $14 credit back for not that much work.

I think that I am the only CAGer in my area. I thought that I was done after the Bonus $10 deal was done, however this 10/20/30 deal and Octomania re-energized me. The majority of my BB's had at least 8-10 flipables, and combine that with an octomania at each surrounding gamestop, allowed me to gain $375 at Gamestop & nearly $200 at BB this week alone. Thanks to everyone here at CAG, I won't have to spend my own cash on a game for a good bit. Unfortunately though I think that most of my BB's are now dry of flippables for the time being (Unless we get a new deal that makes it more profitable for something new :cool:)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']yeah exactly (17.99 - 20%), I paid with credit, 22.74 for the viking and condemened 2 I bought at 34.99. And 15.54 for the ones I bought at 26.99. At this point its not worth the trouble for me. If I had 5+ receipts where I paid 22.74 it would be, roughly $7 back on each. And since I'll be in many GS stores coming up, why not get $7 or $14 credit back for not that much work.[/quote]

It's worth a shot, mate. Your best bet is to find receipts less than 7 days old, though. I'm not sure if it will work because the 30 day return is, IIRC, for exchanges of the exact item.

Went to my closest store, they also had a sign posted, Buy 2 get 2 free games. "games" was taped over "movies". I bought 8 games but they were totaled after every pair and the discount was given, so I think this is just a move by a slick DM trying to push people to buy more.
Got IR, GoldComp, ProGolf(psp), Bratz Forever(gc), SpongeAtlantis, 2 Manhunts, and Power fuck Rangers. I think I have 3 each of GC, so I'll have to make 3 trips to gamestops, but turning $29.97 of gamestop credit(3 Octomania's) into at least $108 games. Nice

[quote name='Antic']Sorry if this has already been asked an ton of times, but what is the TIV for Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) at Blockbuster?[/QUOTE]
Probably $6 or $7, they sell it used for $14.99. You're better off taking it to GS, where it gets $15 base.

Nearby stores are out of octomania, looks like its time to play the waiting game...and remember to cancel the Madden preorders. 3 Madden Wii preorders at 3 stores completely paid for by Octomania.

*edit* I wonder of this thread will be around when I'm 39...one can only hope.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Nearby stores are out of octomania, looks like its time to play the waiting game...and remember to cancel the Madden preorders. 3 Madden Wii preorders at 3 stores completely paid for by Octomania.

*edit* I wonder of this thread will be around when I'm 39...one can only hope.[/quote]

why did they give you a special deal for preordering?

[quote name='Sinnbox']why did they give you a special deal for preordering?[/quote]

Just used this weeks GS coupon (40% more trade in value when you preorder Madden) with the edge card, and alot of BBV B1g1 games (mostly IR, GC and surprisingly Power Rangers).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just used this weeks GS coupon (40% more trade in value when you preorder Madden) with the edge card, and alot of BBV B1g1 games (mostly IR, GC and surprisingly Power Rangers).[/quote]

My GS always takes a refurb fee no matter what the condition of the game is so I didnt take my B1G1 stuff there, I took it to a local place called EDJE Video they gave me over $100 trade credit for what GS was going to give me $38 credit for, The games I gave him almost doubled his 360 game selection and a day later he had already sold most of the ones i took to him, It was funny because I when i was there the day after i traded them in i saw a guy pay $20 for the Chrome Hounds I had traded from the BBV across the street.

Flipped 3 Octomanias into about $180 GameStop credit, so not a bad day. Was on a trip 30 miles out (Hickory NC) and bought a few games, namely Power Rangers. Drove home since I was tired and was going to just trade the games there and, when I bring them up to the register, turns out the idiot hadn't put the Power Rangers disc in the case, and they told me I have to either see them by Monday with the receipt or I'm out of luck, and driving 30 miles for ~12 bucks in trade-in credit, just not worth it. Man I hate people (other than CAGs of course)

Time to see if the Octomania price holds up so I can get one last burst of flipping in before the B1G1 runs its course

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']yeah exactly (17.99 - 20%), I paid with credit, 22.74 for the viking and condemened 2 I bought at 34.99. And 15.54 for the ones I bought at 26.99. At this point its not worth the trouble for me. If I had 5+ receipts where I paid 22.74 it would be, roughly $7 back on each. And since I'll be in many GS stores coming up, why not get $7 or $14 credit back for not that much work.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the Viking/Condemned 2/Dark Sector games I purchaseed were well past the 7 days where I could get an adjustment. I used the 25% off PS3 and 20% games+accessories coupons.

[quote name='seanr1221']So you guys are trading octomania from Gamestop to BB?[/quote]

For most of us its going like this:

GS store credit to buy Octomania for 9.99 new or 8.99 used-->
Trade at BBV for 23, use 23 store credit to get b1g1 games to flip back to GS--->
Trade to GS, using either the extra trade value for doing 5 or more, or the Madden preorder coupon for massive profit.

Repeat...lol

Yeah, they had an Octomania left at Bestbuy: paid $5 + $5 gift certificate. Traded to GR:

Octomania(wii): $23

Noticed some 360 used price drops: DOA4, Transformers: $16.99; condemned 2, Viking: $35; Burnout Paradise: $30. Also noticed Dark Sector dropped tp $17.99 used at Gamestop.

Blockbuster doesn't match prices on Blu-Rays for sale do they? I don't think that they do but don't know for sure.

I for one can't wait for Blockbuster to start selling used blu-rays like they do used movies..... 3 for $20 anyone?

[quote name='Rictor']To the CAG that bought every copy of Octomania from the Avon (Indianapolis) Gamestop store:

I bought one copy of Octomania on Friday night and they had a huge stack of the game left. I came in Saturday and one person had bought the whole stack. The reason I left the rest was to not be a jerk and take them all. I won't make that mistake again. From now on, I'm hoarding every copy of every deal the first minute it goes live. I guarantee I can get there before you do.

It's also nice going into the Gamerush across the street and being the second person in a row to trade in the same game that day. Not suspicious at all. I know because the clerk felt the need to ask me about it in junior detective mode.[/QUOTE]

It was probably Kunai protesting his ban.

I had a weird experience trading some games in to a gamestop that were purchased earlier today. The guy doing the trades took a phone call while typing everything in.
GS employee: hello da da da...
GSE: Octomania? You want to know if we've been selling a lot of those? Let me go ask the manager.
Person on the other line could have been any number of things. GS corporate guy, hungry cag, or a blockbuster detective. I've been very careful about my dealings and purchased two copies of it at two completely different gamestops so I didn't hit any red lights. Just strange that's all.
Edit: Also forgot that the gamestop near my house has an awesome manager! He gave me an extra twelve dollars on my trades just for putting 5 bucks down on star wars. He did a special overide so I got quite a bit extra percent for the reserving fee. It wasn't 70% (40 + 30) but still pretty nice.

Guys, I screwed up (went to BBV but forgot my list from the 2nd post) I mistakenly bought the wrong system versions of 2 games (shrek the 3rd and SpiderM FOF). Does anyone know 1. whether I can return them for any reason or is it only if something is wrong with them and/or 2. can they be returned to any blockbuster or just the one I bought them from.

[quote name='bgame2']Guys, I screwed up (went to BBV but forgot my list from the 2nd post) I mistakenly bought the wrong system versions of 2 games (shrek the 3rd and SpiderM FOF). Does anyone know 1. whether I can return them for any reason or is it only if something is wrong with them and/or 2. can they be returned to any blockbuster or just the one I bought them from.[/QUOTE]

How could you get them for the wrong system if only the 360 versions fell within the B1G1 paramters???????:dunce: I'm assuming they were only to trade at Gamestop.

Back to your question: your best bet would be to return each to a seperate BB\GR that doesn't have any left in stock under the premise that they "didn't work" (returning both at once would certainly be stretching the credulity.) So yes, any Blockbuster should do. This is probably your safest bet to get a refund in credit. You MIGHT be able to get away with just explaining that you grabbed the copies for the "wrong system" by accident, but unfortunately neither myself or (I hope!) other CAGs here ever made such a mistake to verify this.

Well, I traded in two sets of games at two different GS today so my trade ban has obviously been lifted. I really don't think GS cares about the number or even duplicates of games you trade in, I think they are just concerned about taking in stolen games. Then again they didn't have a problem taking 20 brand new dual shock 3 controllers at one store from one guy, so what do I know?

I hate when GS throws in the damn refurb fees. I luckily found a Power :fuck: 'n Rangers and base TIV was 9.00. Damn fee was 3.00; a whole 33% of the trade in value. Though I was irked, dont get me wrong, I still got 13.50-3.00 using the Madden coupon and Edge for 50% for a game that was $5 in BB credit. I think I finally paid off my edge card using the 10% bonus on my trades, so its a wash there. Now all the 10% bonus for the next 11.5 months is graaaaavy.

And I now have enough for the new PS3 80GB when it comes out, woot!

what is the Power Ranger thing? I've been trying to find what you are talking about in past pages but not getting anything.

Also, I am a little nervous about buying 2 copies of Octomania or whatever, won't the GS employee get suspicious? I guess I'll say one is for a gift.

[quote name='Quintox']what is the Power Ranger thing? I've been trying to find what you are talking about in past pages but not getting anything.

Also, I am a little nervous about buying 2 copies of Octomania or whatever, won't the GS employee get suspicious? I guess I'll say one is for a gift.[/QUOTE]

It's in the second post: Power Rangers Super Legends.

I made a run to the Mall this evening with the family to do one set of trades and pick up Octomania. Each Mall store only had 1 Octomania. As for buying multiples, Quintox, they really don't care if you BUY multiple things. Or at least they shouldn't - aren't they in the business of selling stuff? ;). I wouldn't worry about it - just say you want 2. It's none of their business and the are much less likely to refuse sales than trade-ins.

Then we had to rush home to pick up my daughter from a bday party but I convinced my wife to let me make a side trip to a BB. I really just wanted to dump one of the Octomanias there and save myself a trip Sunday or Monday. This store was pretty stripped of B1G1 stuff last time I was there a week ago.

But lo and behold, TWO copies of Power Rangers were sittin' there for the taking! I couldn't believe it - they must have converted both rentals over at this store. If only the other stores around here would even convert 1 copy. The problem, of course, is that I now need 4 other games to pair with each one unless I use the Madden coupon. And the thing is, I used the Madden deal earlier on a 6 game trade. I fully paid off a 360 Madden and had about $4 left over. But I'm not sure it is worth the hassle as now I'll have to deal with switching the preorder later and all I got out of the coupon was an extra $4.20 over the regular promo. I don't think I'll use it again as that ain't worth it.

I did also get 2 PS2 Golden Compass, 2 PS2 Spiderman Friend or Foe, and Manhunt 2 and Harry Potter Order of Phoenix. I took a chance on that last one as we don't have a quote for it yet (it is $6 for 360, and likely to be the same for PS2 as that matches similar games like Bee Movie, Barnyard, etc). Or maybe not - just checked gamestop.com and it just dropped from $17.99 to $14.99 so it is probably only $4 (or $5.60 after bonus). Well, as filler it will do I suppose.

So I guess I still need 2 more filler games to make 2 5-game trades. Looks like I'll be heading out tomorrow again for a real run (as opposed to the little side trips I've been making the last few days with the family in tow ;)).

I'm also really curious as to what the Power Rangers game gets at Gamecrazy. I think I'll stop by one first tomorrow and, after trading my last Iridium Runners and a SoF Payback there I'll see what it gets. But then I'd be stuck with 2 PS2 Golden Compass and that would be tragic :lol:. I kind of forced myself to come up with 2 sets after buying 2 GCs and 2 SM FoFs to go along with the Power Rangers'. But if Power Rangers trades well at Gamecrazy then I can load up on them tomorrow without needing to find 4 other games to go with them for GS. Though I suppose that one is good enough to trade at GS without any promo. It will still be $9.90 with standard Edge boost - a near double anyway. So yeah, I guess I should buy them no matter what (assuming more stores converted them over which I'm hoping has happened as I'll be hitting stores I've already been to).

[quote name='Quintox']what is the Power Ranger thing? I've been trying to find what you are talking about in past pages but not getting anything.

Also, I am a little nervous about buying 2 copies of Octomania or whatever, won't the GS employee get suspicious? I guess I'll say one is for a gift.[/QUOTE]

at this stage of the game you should count yourself lucky to find even 1 at any given store. I just buy as many as the have in stock, which so far is 1 sealed and 1 gutted new copy at the stores around me. Sometimes they ask, and when they do I say "I am a cheap ass gamer"... ok, I dont really say that but saying that they're gifts is perfectly fine.

I am feeling in a good mood, so take a look at post #2 to find out the :ps2: power rangers game full title. When matched with another 9.99 game with the B1G1 at BB, you can turn $5 in BB credit into $9 in GS credit (or with the madden and edge promo that $9 becomes $13.50).

So far
~$85 BB credit into ~$332 GS credit.
~gas=$10
~time&effort=332-85-10=237 for 5 hours of work =$47/hr which is better than my overtime rate, so yeah flipping games is an excellent part time job (high pay/short hours). If the ratio were less than my OT rate, then yeah, I would not waste my time flipping and work instead.

'Thems the breaks, kid'

Since there arent very many GS in the area that still have octomanias, I think I am done for now.

edit: I just realized that I have been flipping at BB since the beginning of GameRush with the crazy days of the trade 3 get 1 for $5 deal. Now is there a "BB Flippers Anonymous" group for us old schoolers, as we will soon have lots of new school members to add to the ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back