The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='whymustiregister']Oh well, at least I'll make a couple more families happy. I sell them to friends at cost, for their friends or relatives.[/quote]

You're a better person than most. I have to say, I probably wouldn't even be that generous. Could always use the extra cash for some Backyardigans DVDs for my kid. She's very into that show right now. At least it's not the goddamn teletubbies...

[quote name='mkernan']Oh, I will be.... my stores are open til 1am on the weekend, so I might pick it up at midnight.
[/QUOTE]

If the company is anything still like when I worked there, it's not going to happen.

You'll be lucky if you can get it on Sunday, too.

[quote name='Warner1281']
3) Stores will being receiving systems of all sorts for sale (PS3, Wii, DS, 360). The PS3 will definitely be bundled for 499.99 (not sure what's in the bundle yet). All the stores in our area have 3 PS3's, 2 Wii's, and 3 NDS's on order. So we should be getting all of those within 30 days. Don't know whether the other systems will be bundled.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday, the guy told me they would be getting a 40 gig PS3 bundle with two controllers and two blu ray movies. He wasn't sure if they'd get the MGS bundle. It was just a random GR employee so I don't know how accurate the info is.

TIV from today

Phantasy Star Universe 360 = $8

Does anybody know where i can get cover art for FIFA 07 for the 360. My blockbuster wont take it without the cover. I have already looked on the cover project and they only had the pal version. any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='edostar44']TIV from today

Phantasy Star Universe 360 = $8

Does anybody know where i can get cover art for FIFA 07 for the 360. My blockbuster wont take it without the cover. I have already looked on the cover project and they only had the pal version. any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

try http://cdcovers.cc

[quote name='Troblin']Anyone know if Overlord trade-in held at 28.50?

I still have a copy i need to return/flip[/quote]

Overlord did not hold... 8 bucks TIV at BB

[quote name='Vitality X']so they're getting the games earlier than the usual friday after release date?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If the company is anything still like when I worked there, it's not going to happen.

You'll be lucky if you can get it on Sunday, too.[/QUOTE]

My store had Brawl like 5 days before the release date and actually sold 1 copy early to a dude on accident. They had it for sale when the clock struck midnight on release date. They've said the same for GTAIV and Mario Kart (29th and 27th respectively). They're open til 1 am Sat night / Sun morning anyway, so Mario Kart will be available then, and they're specifically staying open past midnight for GTA IV.

Dunno about other stores, but it sounds like I'm golden. And yes, this is a Gamerush location.

Damn, Overlord dropped quickly. I only bought two copies of it, but I only got to trade in one. I'll try and return the other one to a GS store, I guess.

I'm making a trip tonight to GS, and I plan to pick up NBA 07, Genji, and F1 with the 35% off discount to trade in to GR. Are there any other games worth the flip from GS to GR that I'm missing?

My GameRush didn't have the 1600 points cards, but I'm hoping that I can find them at another one. I need to get one soon to pick up the new Halo maps with a friend.

[quote name='BrandonJ33']Anyone know if Genji and NBA 07 held? I looked at posts from today and didn't see anything (I'm sick though so my scan may not have been sufficient :p)[/QUOTE]

Been reported more than once in the last couple of pages that they did hold ;). It appears Overlord is the only drop. I traded 2 - one to BB and one to GC. I'm thinking I traded the better copy into GC, which is closer to me anyway than the BB I went to. I'll have to see, since this seems to be a universal drop, if I can snag that copy back instead of the BB one.

i need to find those Eye of Judgements. cant believe Unreal is so cheap w/ the 25% off & the Edge 10% off. thats good deal if ya dont have it already. fun online

[quote name='jmillion']i need to find those Eye of Judgements. cant believe Unreal is so cheap w/ the 25% off & the Edge 10% off. thats good deal if ya dont have it already. fun online[/quote]

me too! I went to 3 GS's today and they all only had the game with no camera even though the sticker said it came with both.

Confirm on no more Mario Kart preorders- apparently Nintendo didn't allocate them enough to cover all the pre-orders they have.

[quote name='goengland']Does anybody knows if MLB 2k7 the show still at $20?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it held.

Still no Dual Shock 3 controllers. . . I'm starting to think about converting Blockbuster credit into Gamestop credit at this point, but I just don't know which way would work best.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']I wish I could trade at more than 1 blockbuster!!!!![/quote]

Enough. If you are just going to whine about how you got busted for mass flipping instead of actually adding to the thread, please stop posting here.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']I wish I could trade at more than 1 blockbuster!!!!![/quote]

You did it to yourself man. Its pretty common sense, its either go all out or spread it out over time (unless your Kunai who gets away with everything)

[quote name='Warner1281']try http://cdcovers.cc[/quote]That's where I ended up getting a cover for my copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2 that was labeled not for resale. The funny thing is I printed it in black and white and they didn't seem to care. :D

[quote name='edostar44']when do you guys think that they will get GT5 in. Im hoping tommorw but im guessing friday.[/quote]

The store I went to said they will probably get it in on Friday with Okami. Unfortunately they are only getting like 1 sellable copy of Okami and 2 of GT5p >.

GS suddenly got another NBA 07 so I grabbed that to trade at BB/GR. I stopped by a BB and there was a memo in the system not to take it, as they had too many already (3). I then went to the nearby GR and couldn't trade it in there either (they had "lots" according to the clerk). I wonder if this is limited to just NBA 07 or if the systems were updated to not accept more than 3 copies (or 2?) of any particular game.

This doesn't affect me all that much since I seem to be the only serious flipper in my area. I would still have to cut down and/or drive around more though. But for those CAGs in busy areas, only 1 or 2 of you would be able to trade in before others get blocked. That would be worse than the FYE limitation of 2 of each title, per person, forever. :wall:

If anyone else runs into this problem, please post. Thanks.

[quote name='dyeknom']The store I went to said they will probably get it in on Friday with Okami. Unfortunately they are only getting like 1 sellable copy of Okami and 2 of GT5p >.

[quote name='io']Was this a GR or regular BB? If regular BB's will be getting a copy of Okami for sale I'm all over it![/quote]

If its for rent, its for sale...

[quote name='Bezerker']If its for rent, its for sale...[/QUOTE]

I'm not going down that path what with how they will charge my credit card for it and all. I don't even want to deal with that ;).

[quote name='whymustiregister']GS suddenly got another NBA 07 so I grabbed that to trade at BB/GR. I stopped by a BB and there was a memo in the system not to take it, as they had too many already (3). I then went to the nearby GR and couldn't trade it in there either (they had "lots" according to the clerk). I wonder if this is limited to just NBA 07 or if the systems were updated to not accept more than 3 copies (or 2?) of any particular game.

This doesn't affect me all that much since I seem to be the only serious flipper in my area. I would still have to cut down and/or drive around more though. But for those CAGs in busy areas, only 1 or 2 of you would be able to trade in before others get blocked. That would be worse than the FYE limitation of 2 of each title, per person, forever. :wall:

If anyone else runs into this problem, please post. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what area you are in. But in my area, Southern Cali, its always been like that. Sometimes, "too many" can equate to one copy of a horrid game, one store here doesn't even take "crappy games".

I was told once that they couldn't accept a game because they had too many (Spiderman FoF 360) i was kind of surprised but just got rid of everything else I had. I went back to check to see if they actually had any copies and they had like 13.

[quote name='edostar44']they didnt have it either. anybody else know. PM if you can help me.

Thanks a million![/QUOTE]

Try mega-search.net, they'll give you links to coverscc and similar sites. Just make sure you have your pop-up blocker on. Then you should run a thorough spyware sweep when you're done. A system restore wouldn't hurt, either.;)

Trades today (360):

Lost Odyssey: $35
Stuntman:Ignition: $8
X-men Official Fame: $6

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Eye of Judgment (w/o camera) holds at $36 today[/QUOTE]

Quick question: did you trade this in at a regular Blockbuster, or at a Gamerush? Did they take everything else along with it (mat, stand and cards) or just the game?

I just traded one in _game only_ at a regular store and am thinking that it wasn't such a good idea. I figured that if they saw everything that they'd want the camera too, but without the mat or the camera stand it's not very useful (unfortunately it didn't come with any of the cards when I bought it from Gamestop, so even if I went back later with the mat I wouldn't have _everything_).

I'm thinking about heading back there later and dropping off the mat and stand and just say that I traded it in earlier and forgot to grab them from my car, but then they'll definetely take a closer look. Bah.

^^ I wouldn't worry bout it. It' BBV fault for setting up their system the way they do. If they wanted you to trade in the camera, cards, mat, etc., they would have put it in the description for when you scan the game. Most likely they have it set up as "game only" in the system.

On a side note, what's the trade in deal at GS with the 3 games? I want to convert some BBV credit over to GS, but I can't find any info on their trade in deals. Also, is it recquired to put the credit towards a pre-order or is it a separate deal?

Io, it was for sale and rent. Two copies of okami for rent, one for sale. Another store told me the same thing. I guess I have to be there on Friday when they get their game shipments to pick up Okami and GT5P. It was a GR-BB combo. Unfortunately the regular BB told me they wouldn't get but one copy to rent.

On the bright side I rented Pikmin 2 to do the "keep it" price of 6.99. Disc is a little scratched, but it's nothing a little resurfacing won't clear up.
.. plus I get the box art, case and inserts on the 29th :) I actually have an account pre-Credit Card requirement, so they said it just charges to the account and I can pay it when I come in on the 29th to pick up my pre-order.

so forgive me for asking but i didn't want to tread back through this thread too thoroughly...but what are the best trade-in/flipping values using thr 25% off used PS3 games @ EB (w/edge card included as well)

[quote name='Warner1281']^^ I wouldn't worry bout it. It' BBV fault for setting up their system the way they do. If they wanted you to trade in the camera, cards, mat, etc., they would have put it in the description for when you scan the game. Most likely they have it set up as "game only" in the system.[/QUOTE]

Ok, hopefully that's the case! Unfortunately this was at the store closest to my house, and the one that I generally rent Blu-rays at, which is why I'm a little more concerned.

[quote name='Warner1281']On a side note, what's the trade in deal at GS with the 3 games? I want to convert some BBV credit over to GS, but I can't find any info on their trade in deals. Also, is it recquired to put the credit towards a pre-order or is it a separate deal?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why they took their trade deals off of the trade-in deals page. They want you to go into the store I guess. =( The weird thing is that the e-mail newsletter I got that mentioned the trade-3 bonus says ``Please see our Trade-in Values page for further details.'' Anyway...

The `trade 3' and preorder `PowerTrade' 20% bonus are separate deals. For `trade 3', you just need 3 PS3/360/Wii games to get the 20% bonus and is good through the 27th. The PowerTrade 20% bonus deal is only good on a small number of games (GTA 4, MGS 4 and Mario Kart Wii are the three that I know of), and you have to put the entire amount towards the pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back