The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='goengland']Does anyone know what is the tiv for 360 Nascar 08?[/quote]

captel-phone2-700x889.jpg

[quote name='JJSP']Who's the CAG trading in clearance games at the Anaheim Hills Gamerush? The clerk today told me they've got a guy who consistently trades in games that look brand new and unplayed. ;)[/QUOTE]

It is not me but I always keep my games in good condition. I do not know what played games are suppose to look like...oh yeah, the ones that Blockbuster tries to sell from their inventory.

If I ever go there, I will try and step on them and drag the games back and forth on the parking lot before I go inside and trade them in. :)

TIV values for today:

Wii:
Victorious Boxer: Revolution $30
No More Heroes $30

PS3:
Assassin's Creed $30
Timeshift $30
Kane & Lynch $36
Folklore $30
Unreal Tournament III $33
Oblivion $13

Xbox 360:
Beautiful Katamari $15
CSI: Hard Evidence $15

hey went to Target today and got some good clearance to trade:
Lair - 14.98 TIV 23
THPG - 12.48 TIV 23
NBA 08 - 14.98 TIV 33:hot:
All PS3 games.

Also got a 4000 points XBLA Card for 24.98

TIV as of today monday the 5th, so go tonight if you can to avoid the trade in price drops tomorrow.

[quote name='djkunai'](phone picture)[/quote]

You expect people to have to go all the way to their phone, and have to hit buttons, and then make contact with an actual human? Sounds like too much work to me...

:D

What a post history:

[quote name='goengland']Does anyone know what is the tiv for 360 Nascar 08?

Does anybody knows if MLB 2k7 the show still at $20?

Anyone knows what are the tiv for the followings?

Xbox360:
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Xbox:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

PS3:
MLB07 The Show

Does anybody knows the tiv for PGR3 on 360?

How abt Beowulf PS3? So it is not $36 anymore?

How much is Halo3 in Blockbuster?
[/quote]

[quote name='io']Prices on eBay seem to be $250-$300 (at best) so after eBay and PayPal fees you'd be lucky to break even. If you pay sales tax you'd probably lose out. Now, for converting extra BB credit to cash that isn't a problem since break-even is OK. And your manager probably got an employee discount or something (10%?) but it still doesn't seem worth the hassle. When it's all said and done, if he's lucky, he might clear $100 but with the hassle of dealing with a buyer/packing/shipping and the potential to get ripped off.

6 months ago I probably would have bought one to lighten up on my credit. But now that it might actually be useful again I want to hold on to it. I will definitely use it to get a PS3 at some point - but I'd like to wait for a new model and not get a 40GB.

[/quote]

whoops, its been a busy 2 weeks lol. sadly, we don't get discounts on hardware, and i'm pretty sure she hasnt put them on ebay yet. Oh well. The job was good for free movies, the 10% off new games and 20% off prp was negligible. plus my friends still work there so i get the discount.

and besides, i got in trouble with corporate for trading in games and putting it on a gift card. apparently employees can not have gift cards, and when i asked the DM if i could put them on a value card, she told me employees can not have value cards either. thats pretty much what really put me over the edge and i decided to quit (on top of doing school full time again.) the ignorance in the DMs of this company is resounding and very annoying. and while I will miss the free movies all the time, I will enjoy freedom to trading and putting in on gift cards now that im no longer an employee lol

What do Assassins Creed on the 360 and PS3, and History Channel Battle for the Pacific have in common?

If you answered "Paid for a post-Mother's Day-but-releasing-on-her-birthday Wii Fit," you are correct!

[quote name='Halo3Champ']I have a problem!!! The Blockbuster I traded eye of judgement in at called me back and let me know that I needed to bring in all the extra stuff...Camera, battle mat, cards...They already gave me trade credit and I have non of it.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me when I went to trade in today. They wanted me to bring in the camera, I told them next time I come in I would try to find it. I will probably just dump my old PS2 camera and then never set foot in that BB again.

Since I'll be Helpful Harry today, :360: NASCAR '08 gets $28.50. Whether or not that changes tomorrow, I couldn't tell you.

After spending roughly $125 in Target clearance games, I've ended up with $311 in BB credit. I used that to buy a blue DS Lite for eBay to make my cash back, resulting in ~$170 in free BB credit. That'll be a free copy of Wii Fit. :)

Wow, after hearing these bad blockbusters, I'm glad the one in mine knows exactly what to do. Also, does anyone happen to know if there is a gamerush in the greater boston area?

just traded in some final games before the trade deadline. Preordered wii fit and picked up an Indiana Jones fedora, cap, and a set of Indy tumblers. Needless to say I'm the biggest geek for Indiana Jones.

BTW: NHL 2K8 only gets $15 now as oppose to $19

a couple of TIV before the deadline:

:ps3:assasin's creed $30
:360:assasin's creed $32
:360:Nascar 08 $28.50
:wii:No more heroes $30
:360:HC:BFOP $28.50
:360:Stranglehold CE $35
:ps3:Stranglehold CE $36

now have $200 in BBV/GR credit :whistle2:D im set! pre-ordered wii fit (just in case...) and am going to also put my credit towards a high-profit-turning purchase :whistle2:D

[quote name='bgame2']guys what is the deadline? Are you referring to the next drop in TIV's?[/QUOTE]

He's referring to Tuesdays (When blockbuster updates TiV's).

Hope all of you got rid of your
:wii: No More Heroes
:ps3: Nascar08
:360: :ps3: Assasins Creed

The GR manager told me that I am getting more value than what they sell it for used. Meaning drop in TIV's

[quote name='PATWRIK']
:360: Assasins Creed

The GR manager told me that I am getting more value than what they sell it for used. Meaning drop in TIV's[/quote]

WRONG! YOU ARE WRONG!! The used price of :360: Ass Crud is $49.99, Mr. PATWRONG.

Though thank you for the heads up on the other 2 (maybe 3).

Don't recall asking this before, but has anyone heard if BB/GR will be getting the God Of War PSP Bundles?

Also, The Club and Kane & Lynch have started to clearance out at Target for ps3.

Also forgot to mention, if anyone is looking for The Simpsons Game TO PLAY BB/GR had it used for $25 for those that don't want to spend cash at Target.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Don't recall asking this before, but has anyone heard if BB/GR will be getting the God Of War PSP Bundles?[/quote]
I'm also wondering this, I did ask about it a few weeks ago but the guy couldn't confirm if they were getting the bundle in.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']
Also, The Club and Kane & Lynch have started to clearance out at Target for ps3.[/QUOTE]

Saw this today as well. There was a bunch more new PS3 clearance games and a few new 360 ones as well but nothing is low enough yet to even be worth checking. In a few weeks maybe...

Well, this will make Kunai super jealous, but I price matched the BB trade-in price of $6 on Top Spin 2 at Gamecrazy and got $6 for it there. Oh YEAH, I am hardcore. That was my only game trade of any sort during this entire B2G1 deal at GS ;).

In other news I was able to preorder Wii Fit. Of the 3 people working at my local Blockbuster, 1 knew right away they would have them for preorder (strangely enough this was the one employee I had never seen there before). It took them a while to find "Wii - Wii Fit" but they managed without my help ;). Then I got the trade-in quote for Top Spin 2 generated from my account (they go to your trade account and scan it and then can print the quote). While I wanted the quote for GC, my ulterior motive was to see if there were any notes. She didn't say anything but I wanted to be 100% sure so I asked and she said there was nothing there. So either it dropped off from 5 months ago or they actually did clear it as promised (and it has probably been off for a while in that case). This all means I can trade at the store 1/2 mile from my house instead of ones 10 miles away. I wish I had known earlier (and probably would have participated in the B2G1 deals if so). Oh well - there will always be more opportunities...

might be some potential with ps3 virtua fighter 5 from gamecrazy, 9.99 used. ill call tomorrow and post tiv when i get the chance. anyone see its used price at bb yet? if its low then it might be that good of a flip.

targets near me have outta control clearances.

picked up multiple copies each with the $5 off target coupon (just loaded up on nonperishable items). there was a shit-ton of each game left. turned about $90 into $286 BB credit. I swear I am giving up on anything that isn't at least a 3 to 1 ratio.

tons of PS3 Kane and Lynch for 19.98, but even with $5 dollar off coupon, $15 --->$36 doesn't seem worth it.....

[quote name='unforeseen']It is not me but I always keep my games in good condition. I do not know what played games are suppose to look like...oh yeah, the ones that Blockbuster tries to sell from their inventory.

If I ever go there, I will try and step on them and drag the games back and forth on the parking lot before I go inside and trade them in. :)

TIV values for today:

Wii:
Victorious Boxer: Revolution $30
No More Heroes $30

PS3:
Assassin's Creed $30
Timeshift $30
Kane & Lynch $36
Folklore $30
Unreal Tournament III $33
Oblivion $13

Xbox 360:
Beautiful Katamari $15
CSI: Hard Evidence $15[/quote]

Someone update this tomorrow in case any values drop.

Traded in:

PS3 Stranglehold: CE x2
PS3 Stranglehold
PS3 Assasin's Creed
PS3 Nascar 08
360 Fatal Enertia
360 Viva Pinata: PA x2
360 HC: BftP
360 Nascar 08
360 Assasin's Creed
Wii DBZ: Budokai 3

Turned $180 into $353. :D No Edge card. :cry: I never knew that GS was actually good for something. I've already sent in for my $2 Edge card, so i'll be ready next time (could have saved $17).

Bought my son a Crimson Red DS and still have around $210 in credit. PS3... here I come! I'm just waiting for some price drops at Target. I never really knew why people would bother to buy multiple copies of games until now. Man, I shouldn't have ignored this thread for so long.

I traded at 2 BBs. I just found out about a 3rd BB that is 6 blocks away from work. :D

Traded in last night:

2x Assassins Creed $64 ($32 ech)
Fatal Inertia $35

Stranglehold CE $36

I'm at $431 at the moment and very close to getting a PS3. Hopefully GR gets the Metal Gear 4 Bundle, if not then it looks like I may have to trade some SSBB at a GS that takes the +50% for trade ins.

[quote name='soonerdoc']targets near me have outta control clearances.

picked up [highlight]multiple copies each[/highlight] with the $5 off target coupon (just loaded up on nonperishable items). there was a shit-ton of each game left. turned about $90 into $286 BB credit. I swear I am giving up on anything that isn't at least a 3 to 1 ratio.[/QUOTE]

Of what? I'd like to know what has a chance of being cheap at Target!

Glad to hear about No More Heroes dropping. I was debating whether I wanted to trade them as it looked like a fun game. Now hopefully I can buy it back for less than I got in credit for it.

I think im going to go to a few gamerushes & targets today. Being on vacation has left me with plenty of time for finding trade fodder.

[quote name='Bezerker']Glad to hear about No More Heroes dropping. I was debating whether I wanted to trade them as it looked like a fun game. Now hopefully I can buy it back for less than I got in credit for it.

I think im going to go to a few gamerushes & targets today. Being on vacation has left me with plenty of time for finding trade fodder.[/quote]

you and me both m an! tho i don't need any more games...my backlog is now officially ENORMOUS with the addition of Mario Galaxy, GTA IV, DBZ Tenkaichi 3 (Wii), Mario Kart (Wii), and Rock Band (360)...plus i got Wii Fit on Pre-order o_O

I can confirm that No More Heroes is $30 new or $27 used. The sticker on the new version still said $50, so they tried giving me shit. I told them that the prices should be based on the computer system, not the incompetence of your employees. They stared at the screen for about 10 seconds, then "decided" to sell it to me at $30.

Sad to say that this was at Gamerush, but both the employee and manager were new, so I guess they had an excuse. I went to a regular Blockbuster right after and noticed that they had all their copies of NMH (new and used) already marked down. Very sad when regular BB stores are more competent than Gamerush.

[quote name='djkunai']I would like to see goengland silenced in this thread, please.[/quote]

Don't be so hard on him, he's a liverpool fan and they are well known for being mentally deficient.

On a more related note, Target clearance has Wii Artic Tale for 7$, trades for 16$ at GR.

[quote name='io']Of what? I'd like to know what has a chance of being cheap at Target![/quote]
Mine was :360: NASCAR '08 ($12.48 -> $28.50), :ps3: The Orange Box ($14.98 -> $36), and :360: Stranglehold ($7.48 -> $19).

:ps3: Kane & Lynch, Medal Of Honor Airborne, and The Club are all on clearance at Target too. Around here, they're at $41.98 for K&L and $29.98 for MOH and The Club. All three titles get $36 at BB - could be worth looking into in a week or two.

[quote name='JJSP']Mine was :360: NASCAR '08 ($12.48 -> $28.50), :ps3: The Orange Box ($14.98 -> $36), and :360: Stranglehold ($7.48 -> $19).

:ps3: Kane & Lynch, Medal Of Honor Airborne, and The Club are all on clearance at Target too. Around here, they're at $41.98 for K&L and $29.98 for MOH and The Club. All three titles get $36 at BB - could be worth looking into in a week or two.[/quote]

I found one target that has Kane & Lynch @ 19.98 already. A different one had NBA 08 @ $29.98 while another was $14.98.
FYI: sold two Wii's that i got from Blockbuster on ebay for $293 and $315. So even with fees there is still $120-140 profit to be made.

I spotted a (most likely) traded :ps3: Stranglehold (CE) at BB yesterday in Fullerton. I had no idea they sold that game for $64.99 used. Jeebus.

just called for target clearance titles :
*the right is targets price

wii
artic tale - 16 (7.48)
sea monsters - 23 (7.48)

ps3
orange box - 36 (14.98)

[quote name='JJSP']:ps3: Medal Of Honor Airborne...get $36 at BB...[/quote]When did you get that quote? I called about 30 minutes ago and, granted it was noisy where I was, I'm pretty sure they told me $30.

I wish all targets did the clearance games, none of mine have any of these games at the prices you're describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back