The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='whymustiregister on 2/9']Also grabbed :ds: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. They had 4 copies on the shelf. I was in shock as my stores seem to hate the DS.[/quote]

Visited the same store on Friday 2/15 and got the one and only copy of :ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village! :D 2 more AW: DoR were still on the shelf.

On Wednesday I was at my main GR and got a Wii Zapper. Took them forever to finally get some in. I left 3 on the shelf and those 3 were still there on Friday.

They also got some Flip 60-minute video cameras in: regular one at $149.99 (Amazon $114.99, 4.3 stars) and the ultra series at $179.99 (Amazon $145.99, 3.9 stars). Now I just need those Amazon gift cards to show up at BB/GR...

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Thats funny because I sent it in today. It got red ring yesterday... First red ring since I bought the thing. Anyways...

What do yall think?

1) Buy It Now listing at way above retail say 725-750 (Only 50 above after tax and stuff) with Best Offer thrown in their.

2) Start listing at 99 cents and have incentives to bid item up to certain points, free DVD at 500, free bluray remote at 550, etc....

3) Keep the PS3 and sell everything else?

4) Sell everything individually

5) Fill in the blank

The HDMI cable it comes with is a cheap ass piece of shite![/quote]

I'd suggest ebaying the 20 week card, I have Blockbuster online, and that gives me enough to watch and play. There is currently an auction for one and it is at $40 w/ a day left. See what that goes for first.
Trade in to blockbuster Motorstorm, get $30 in credit.
Would they take the Blu Ray Surfs up? They used to take movies in.
I tried to watch it with my kids, painful.
Keep the ps3, the shit-E hdmi cable, have to hook it up somehow, and remote.

I'd suggest getting a good game for it. I still lean towards playing my Xbox 360, so next 'big' game that comes out, i'll get the ps3 version.

Went to Blockbuster last nite.
MUA-$15
Forza-$22
Assassin Creed-$32(35 w/ tax)

Call of Duty 4 nets $32 when i asked last nite.

they had brand new copies of Lost Odyessy, DMC4, Guitar Hero 3, a bunch of stuff. they are behind the counter tho, so its like if i didnt ask, i wouldnt of known. ended up getting another ps3 controller. i may just return it tho.

What do I need to do to trade in Forza 2 or Marvel Ultimate Alliance at a Blockbuster? I tried bringing Forza 2 to a Blockbuster in a CD case with its instructions, but they refused to take it.

[quote name='cheapkevin']What do I need to do to trade in Forza 2 or Marvel Ultimate Alliance at a Blockbuster? I tried bringing Forza 2 to a Blockbuster in a CD case with its instructions, but they refused to take it.[/quote]

Read the thread? :booty:

Get covers printed out, Office max seems to be priced lower then staples. Thats what I've done atleast.

My Gamerush & regular Blockbusters were stocked full of 40gb PS3's ($399) and Rock Band drum kits ($80). I picked up a drumkit as I have the game and guitar; and I dont care about the singing part (as i wouldnt want to scare the neighbors).

They also expanded their selection of movie "posters" (theyre made out of some kind of board or foam, not actual paper) but they were all $30-$40 each. They wanted $40 for the Family Guy: Blue Harvest & the other Star Wars posters, nearly everything else was $30. They had some really nice ones, but $30 for a poster is a bit much, even if i am using credit.

Look at the games on sale at FYE. Look up the trade-in value for BB for those games... Trade them in...

Doing it the opposite way will be harder.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Look at the games on sale at FYE. Look up the trade-in value for BB for those games... Trade them in...

Doing it the opposite way will be harder.[/QUOTE]

I guess what I was asking was what exact games to buy and trade, I was hoping so,eone would have some suggestions. Especially since FYE's used games are priced pretty high. They do have a buy 2 get the 3rd half price deal going though.

[quote name='coolflea216']I guess what I was asking was what exact games to buy and trade, I was hoping so,eone would have some suggestions. Especially since FYE's used games are priced pretty high. They do have a buy 2 get the 3rd half price deal going though.[/quote]

If you look throughout the thread you can easily find some games to trade in. THAT or go check out the Wiki for trade-in prices on the cheap games at FYE.

My local Blockbuster is clearancing out XBX 1 and Gamecube games.. lots of titles too for both machines and the prices start at $1.99 - after a cursory glance at what they had I didn't see a game priced more than $6.99. Just wish I still had a XBX/GC..

[quote name='coolflea216']I have $60 credit at BB and $67 credit at FYE. What can I do to get all the credits at either one?[/quote]

blockbuster is running a 3 for 20 and 4 for 20 used dvd sale. pick the right movies to trade into fye with the current extra 20% bag promo, you could end up converting each set of dvds into $27-$30.

here is a little list i put together. of course it depends on what titles your bb locations have.

as of yesterday these get you $9 each store credit after promo

3 for 20

chuck and larry
the simpsons
balls of fury
shoot'em up
stardust
resident evil: extinction
harry potter
once
Bourne Ultimatum
superbad
war

the 4 for 20 has some potential as well. there a some titles fetching $7.50 each.

4 for 20

redline - $6
the number 23 - $6
wild hogs - 5 - $7.50
shooter - $7.50
disturbia - $6
fracture - $4.50
the prestige - 3 - $4.50
vacancy - 3 - $4.50

[quote name='toadielurks']My local Blockbuster is clearancing out XBX 1 and Gamecube games.. lots of titles too for both machines and the prices start at $1.99 - after a cursory glance at what they had I didn't see a game priced more than $6.99. Just wish I still had a XBX/GC..[/quote]

It looks like mine is also but they are selling the Xbox Games such as Metal Slug 4 & 5 for $25.....

So that is a no go for me. That and the manager still gives me dirty looks ever since she baned me from trading, 3 fucking Beowolfs fucking whore (I just found this out, I thought it was the DM)

Ive looked through the thread and cannot find the link for the exact Marvel / Forza covers. Sorry and Thanks.

EDIT. Found them at Cdcovers.cc... this is correct right.

Confirmed Eragon 360 for $4.97+tax at Sears. Took last two copies at one location this morning. Gonna flip them later today.

[quote name='DrNo888']Confirmed Eragon 360 for $4.97+tax at Sears. Took last two copies at one location this morning. Gonna flip them later today.[/QUOTE]

how much trade does that get?

The covers ive been using from thecoverproject and cdcovers.cc are just a little noticeable short. Anyone have a link for the exact size.

[quote name='spauldingfan']how much trade does that get?[/quote]

As I said 2 pages ago it trades for 12 :) Pretty solid deal if you can score them at sears.

Also if your worried about it not being the right size...then dont trade them in. I've flipped over a dozen forza/mua combos and never once were my covers looked at.

[quote name='T3ntman']The covers ive been using from thecoverproject and cdcovers.cc are just a little noticeable short. Anyone have a link for the exact size.[/quote]
Only certain printers will print the full size. My Epson does, but I don't think any HP's do. It has to do with printing borderless.....

Hmm..I read somewhere that it trades in at $15. However, wiki says 7 or 12?.
Will find out later today.

oh yea when i traded in MUA/Forza2, i just cut the litho in half and put each one in separate cases. the chick was like i need the barcodes, i was just like i called and they said they could look it in the computer.

Traded in:

The Bigs - PS3 - $33
Need for Speed Carbon - PS3 - $26
NBA Street Homecourt - 360 - $15
Oblivion - 360 - $15

The clerk started looking over my trades and the first thing the manager told her was make sure they have UPC's and that they have their original covers, no scans.

Anyone know what the the TRV is for GH III for the PS3? Also do they take the guitar?
I'm thinking about getting Rockband and if I do I may dump GH III since it's not compatible.

[quote name='sasukekun']Doubt they take used accessories, since I've never seem them sell any.[/QUOTE]

I've seen used controllers and stuff before, dunno about other accessories.

[quote name='T3ntman']The covers ive been using from thecoverproject and cdcovers.cc are just a little noticeable short. Anyone have a link for the exact size.[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you just steal the covers from Gamestop; if you're quick enough, that is... :twoguns:

[quote name='nietzsche74']I would suggest you just steal the covers from Gamestop; if you're quick enough, that is... :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

Yes, lets condone stealing on CAG :rolleyes:

Will the 80gb be worth more once it is incredibly hard to find? It does offer backwards compatibility and that could be a draw to it. How will the 120 and 160 be priced? Should I either dump it down or keep it...

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Will the 80gb be worth more once it is incredibly hard to find? It does offer backwards compatibility and that could be a draw to it. How will the 120 and 160 be priced? Should I either dump it down or keep it...[/QUOTE]

My 60 gb retained its value pretty much, got alot of emails to buy it when I sold it the other day. As far as the 80 gb goes, it should go for about 400-450.... if the 160gb price tag is back up to 599 ( im guessing 549) then the 80gb should hold its weight....

I was gonna ask what the verdict was on Lost Odyssey being available at regular Blockbusters (someone posted it was available but didn't make it clear whether that meant NON-GR, a pet peeve of mine as you all know ;)).

But then I decided to call the store nearest to me that is most likely to have it. Sure enough they have 1 copy for $59.99. I would probably rather wait on that game for a price drop, but I figure I have $150 in free Coke Rewards credit that I could apply to this so I might as well. And since Blockbuster will never have it once it drops in price I might as well get it now. So maybe tomorrow I'll head on up there. I wish I had something to trade. What are you all trading now? ;)

There are no GRs in all of Iowa, so anything I mention is Blockbuster, and Lost Odyssey is available there. I rented it, like I said, and played it this morning -- already, it looks like it is such an epic title, I doubt I'll get it done even in two weeks (I'm a college student with exams, so that makes it harder). If you have the credit, I'd say consider purchasing it if you love RPGs. It's pretty good in that classic style of turn-based battles (but with the ring and formation system for good measure). Makes me all the more excited for White Knight Story!

I traded in MLB 07 The Show for what I believe was $23. They wouldn't take Motorstorm, since it didn't have the barcode. I should have made sure! Now I'm stuck with a game that I don't like at all. Anyone want to buy it off me? lol

[quote name='io']Sure enough they have 1 copy for $59.99.

What are you all trading now? ;)[/QUOTE]

Hope they still have it for you tomorrow!

For flipping, not much it seems right now... Best bet is Pimp My Ride... $7.49 at CC ==> $15 at BB.

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Hope they still have it for you tomorrow!

For flipping, not much it seems right now... Best bet is Pimp My Ride... $7.49 at CC ==> $15 at BB.[/quote]

i'm gonna have to check that pimp my ride... since I got a gamers card(extra 10% off) at CC.
not to mention the trade in deal at eb games

[quote name='io']I was gonna ask what the verdict was on Lost Odyssey being available at regular Blockbusters (someone posted it was available but didn't make it clear whether that meant NON-GR, a pet peeve of mine as you all know ;)).

But then I decided to call the store nearest to me that is most likely to have it. Sure enough they have 1 copy for $59.99. I would probably rather wait on that game for a price drop, but I figure I have $150 in free Coke Rewards credit that I could apply to this so I might as well. And since Blockbuster will never have it once it drops in price I might as well get it now. So maybe tomorrow I'll head on up there. I wish I had something to trade. What are you all trading now? ;)[/QUOTE]

I've been using coke rewards for free rentals, but you can get credit/gift cards with it too?

[quote name='jlarlee']I've been using coke rewards for free rentals, but you can get credit/gift cards with it too?[/QUOTE]

OCCASIONALLY... But you have to jump on them. They lasted about a day last time. I got two sets of $75 gift cards. They only cost 750 points, too, which is awesome. So it is like I'd be getting Lost Odyssey for 600 Coke points. To put it in perspective when they have had games recently they had stuff like Open Season and Blazing Angels for 1000-1500 points. And before that, even when they had good games like Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario I think they were 1250. And most gift cards are 1250 points for $50. And even those, when they are for places like Best Buy, go fast.

But at least twice they've had $75 gift cards (you actually get 5 $15 GCs). The first time I only had enough for 1 set, and the second time I was able to snag 2. There are other CAGs who got 4 or 5 of them. I was only 40 points short of a third set :bomb:.

In any case, I plan on taking 4 of my cards to that Blockbuster tomorrow to pick up Lost Odyssey. I'd like to trade there for 2 reasons. For one, to make sure I'm not on a "trading hold" there (don't think I am as I traded there a week or so after finding out at the other stores - but you never know). And two, just because I haven't done it in a while and if I'm going to drive all the way up there I might as well do more than just spend the credit. But Pimp My Ride at only a 2x profit is not worth the hassle (and the embarassment of trading that game ;)). I do have a spare Bionicle Heroes that only cost me $4.20 at Kmart. I also have an extra Arcade Unplugged - I can't believe that's not on the Wiki!

Traded in:

The Bigs (X360) $32
Sega Rally Evo (X360) $35
Forza 2 (X360) $22

Bought both Lost Odyssey & Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice with my credit. I bought Sega Rally Evo from the Gamefly clearance a month or so ago, but figured that I should probably sell high now and buy it again low later (CC Clearance possibilities aplenty!)

[quote name='T3ntman']The covers ive been using from thecoverproject and cdcovers.cc are just a little noticeable short. Anyone have a link for the exact size.[/quote]

[quote name='darylfoot']Only certain printers will print the full size. My Epson does, but I don't think any HP's do. It has to do with printing borderless.....[/quote]

cdcovers.cc has some application that you download that will allow to get the covers in the exact size. Look at the top of the main page, kinda on the right side where it says "official cover printing software" and has a link to www.coverxp.com (or just use this link:lol:). Download the free software. I've used it before...just make sure to change the size options (I think it defaults to cd-size).

[quote name='io']OCCASIONALLY... But you have to jump on them. They lasted about a day last time. I got two sets of $75 gift cards. They only cost 750 points, too, which is awesome. So it is like I'd be getting Lost Odyssey for 600 Coke points. To put it in perspective when they have had games recently they had stuff like Open Season and Blazing Angels for 1000-1500 points. And before that, even when they had good games like Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario I think they were 1250. And most gift cards are 1250 points for $50. And even those, when they are for places like Best Buy, go fast.

But at least twice they've had $75 gift cards (you actually get 5 $15 GCs). The first time I only had enough for 1 set, and the second time I was able to snag 2. There are other CAGs who got 4 or 5 of them. I was only 40 points short of a third set :bomb:.

In any case, I plan on taking 4 of my cards to that Blockbuster tomorrow to pick up Lost Odyssey. I'd like to trade there for 2 reasons. For one, to make sure I'm not on a "trading hold" there (don't think I am as I traded there a week or so after finding out at the other stores - but you never know). And two, just because I haven't done it in a while and if I'm going to drive all the way up there I might as well do more than just spend the credit. But Pimp My Ride at only a 2x profit is not worth the hassle (and the embarassment of trading that game ;)). I do have a spare Bionicle Heroes that only cost me $4.20 at Kmart. I also have an extra Arcade Unplugged - I can't believe that's not on the Wiki![/QUOTE]

Live arcade is $6 I asked about it Thusday

Is Lost Odyssey really that good? I want it to be , but I keep hearing mixed reviews.... but I have some credits leftover from the free360game site, so It would only cost me $2, or should I just hold off till army of two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back