The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Otherguy676']
There is a Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance PS2 at a Blockbuster near me. How much is this as well as Guy Game PS2? I am still looking to find a few more games, there is a complete Klonoa 2 (GBA) for $10 at a BB near me, couldn't find anything to complement it. None of the stores will let me return Chromehounds, I really did not want this game.[/QUOTE]

I want to say The Guy Game is $14.99 but not sure. MGS2 Substance should be $9.99 if memory serves me. It may be dishonest, but if you tell them Chromehounds doesn't work, they'll let you return it or exchange it for a same-priced title.

[quote name='Otherguy676']None of the stores will let me return Chromehounds, I really did not want this game.[/quote]

you could trade it back in to them for $6.

Tried to trade it for Klonoa 2, they wouldn't let me, only exchange. I would gladly accept the $6 credit, however, my account has been banned since I racked up $800 dollars credit off the Star Wars Battlefront 2 price mistake a few years ago. I got them for $10 a pop and traded them for $35-$40 trade it credit. I also did it during the CC $3 clearance (Knightmare of Druaga). I ended up getting a XBX 360, a PSP, a lot of games during that time and they banned me from trading. It was a good time.

hey guys,

I live in NY and all the stores in my area are NOT having this sale. I talked with managers from 2 different stores and they each told me there is no b1g1.

can anyone else confirm this?

[quote name='fuzz-man']hey guys,

I live in NY and all the stores in my area are NOT having this sale. I talked with managers from 2 different stores and they each told me there is no b1g1.

can anyone else confirm this?[/quote]

It could be possible if they are franchised stores.

[quote name='JJSP']Guy Game should be 4.99. That's what the XB version was.[/QUOTE]

Guy Game for PS2 rang up at $14.99.

picked up

Vir. tennis 3 psp
Prostroke golf 2007 psp

bowling PsP
star wars dark allaince PsP

4 Psp games for 20 bucks cant pass it up

the golf game fetches 11 at gamecrazy and star wars they offered 9.

so i could dump those 2 games and get my entire 20 back and have VT 3 and Bowling for free

also go back and recheck. they stuck out more games today. the bowling game and the star wars game was just pulled today

03/22/08 @ Store: 12103 (Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410)
X360 Prey $9.99
XBOX Knights of the Old Republic II $9.99 (free)
X360 Chromehounds $9.99
PS2 Fatal Fury Battle Archives $9.99 (free)
DVD Zombie Nation $9.99
DVD Flight of the Living Dead $9.99
DVD Planet Terror $9.99
DVD Shadow: Dead Riot $9.99 (4 for $20.00)
DVD Fido $14.99
DVD 28 Weeks Later $14.99 (2 for $20.00)
DVD Beastie Boys Awesome $3.99

03/24/08 @ Store: 12029 (Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410)
X360 Rockstar Table Tennis $14.99
X360 Earth Defense Force 2017 $9.99 (free)

03/24/08 @ Store: 12167
(North Palm Beach, FL 33408)
XBOX Jedi Knight Jedi Academy $14.99
GCBE Pokemon Colosseum $14.99 (free)
PS2 Kingdom Hearts $14.99
XBOX Metal Slug 4 & 5 $9.99 (free)
XBOX Guy Game $4.99

03/25/08 @ Store: 12185 (Jupiter, FL 33458)
X360 Earth Defense Force 2017 $9.99
X360 Beowulf $14.99

03/25/08 @ Store: 12561 (Jupiter, FL 33458)
XBOX Fatal Frame 2 $9.99
GCBE Final Fantasy: Crystal Chrinicles $9.99 (free)
XBOX Fatal Frame 2 $9.99
XBOX Fatal Frame 2 $9.99 (free)
XBOX Sid Meier's Pirates! $6.99 (free)

Keeping KOTOR 2, Fatal Frame 2 & Earth Defense Force 2017 (all complete and in excellent condition) and of course all the zombie DVDs for the collection.

One of those five Blockbusters has Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for Gamecube, I forget which one though.

[quote name='fuzz-man']hey guys,

can anyone else confirm this?[/quote]

What part of NY?

damn, finally found a BB with 2 games that I want and MLB 2K7 (360) rings up at $24.95

Told him it was $9.99 across town and he claims every store has different prices (first time I've heard that one) oh well...I already have MLB 08 The Show and I'm sure there is no comparison

(definitely not a franchise store, this is the store that I got my PS3 bundle from)

[quote name='braindeadalive']03/22/08 @ Store: 12103 (Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410)
X360 Prey $9.99
X360 Chromehounds $9.99
PS2 Fatal Fury Battle Archives $9.99 (free)
DVD Zombie Nation $9.99
DVD Flight of the Living Dead $9.99
DVD Planet Terror $9.99
DVD Shadow: Dead Riot $9.99 (4 for $20.00)
DVD Fido $14.99
DVD 28 Weeks Later $14.99 (2 for $20.00)
DVD Beastie Boys Awesome $3.99

03/24/08 @ Store: 12029 (Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410)
X360 Rockstar Table Tennis $14.99

03/24/08 @ Store: 12167
(North Palm Beach, FL 33408)
XBOX Jedi Knight Jedi Academy $14.99
GCBE Pokemon Colosseum $14.99 (free)
PS2 Kingdom Hearts $14.99
XBOX Metal Slug 4 & 5 $9.99 (free)
XBOX Guy Game $4.99

03/25/08 @ Store: 12185 (Jupiter, FL 33458)
X360 Beowulf $14.99

03/25/08 @ Store: 12561 (Jupiter, FL 33458)
XBOX Fatal Frame 2 $9.99
GCBE Final Fantasy: Crystal Chrinicles $9.99 (free)
XBOX Fatal Frame 2 $9.99
XBOX Fatal Frame 2 $9.99 (free)
XBOX Sid Meier's Pirates! $6.99 (free)

Keeping KOTOR 2, Fatal Frame 2 & Earth Defense Force 2017 (all complete and in excellent condition) and of course all the zombie DVDs for the collection.

One of those five Blockbusters has Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for Gamecube, I forget which one though.[/QUOTE]

does
XBOX Metal Slug 4 & 5 $9.99 (free) work on the 360?

i got
fatal fury anthology vol 1 ps2 9.99
chromehounds 9.99 (free)
at the east hanover/livingston blockbuster ---it was pretty picked over

at the west paterson store they actually had b1g1 on all used games not just 14.99 and under.

i got prey 9.99
area 51 9.99 (free)

thanks op :)

I went yesterday and someone already got WarioLand(GC), so I got a SpongeBob Wii game (shaddap, I like SpongeBob) and Gun . It's likely a crappy game, but I like westerns, so whatever. They both totaled out to $5 each.

Still wishing I had a PS2. I could've started a really nice collection from what was there.

A Spongebob Wii game was $9.99? I don't think I've seen any Wii games for under $16.99 (raised likely due to the sale).

Here's my trip from Yesterday.

Traded in Golden Compass (Wii) - $16

Bought Radiata Stories (14.99) and got Call of Duty 2 (360) for free. I haven't even heard of Radiata Stories but I figured it'd be worth it simply cause Square makes pretty good RPGs. When I went to check out, the associate told me that I had an extremely rare find. Go figure.

I've actually run into this at 2 different BB a couple miles away from one another. It happens occassionally

[quote name='h2dk']damn, finally found a BB with 2 games that I want and MLB 2K7 (360) rings up at $24.95

Told him it was $9.99 across town and he claims every store has different prices (first time I've heard that one) oh well...I already have MLB 08 The Show and I'm sure there is no comparison

(definitely not a franchise store, this is the store that I got my PS3 bundle from)[/QUOTE]

Last night I saw a used copy of EDF: 2017 for only $9.99 and I almost sprung for it, but I couldn't find another game to get for free with it.

I know it's only good on PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube games, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know of any worthwhile flips to use Gamestop's 25% off coupon on this week? I can't really think of any last gen games that aren't so rare that if I found them, I wouldn't just keep them for myself, haha.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I haven't even heard of Radiata Stories but I figured it'd be worth it simply cause Square makes pretty good RPGs. When I went to check out, the associate told me that I had an extremely rare find. Go figure.[/quote]

You'll be adding friends faster than myspace. That's a joke, you'll get it later.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I know it's only good on PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube games, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know of any worthwhile flips to use Gamestop's 25% off coupon on this week? I can't really think of any last gen games that aren't so rare that if I found them, I wouldn't just keep them for myself, haha.[/quote]

:xbox: Jaws - $16
:ps2: Jaws - $16 :hot:

[quote name='djkunai']You'll be adding friends faster than myspace. That's a joke, you'll get it later.[/quote]

I read the back of the game. Apparently I meet a lot of hilarious people in the game? It sounds interesting; I just hope it's not weird.

Have you played it btw? Is it any good? On par with FFX in terms of great RPGs?

[quote name='djkunai']:xbox: Jaws - $16
:ps2: Jaws - $16 :hot:[/quote]

Is that TIV still good? Those were the TIVs from the last coupon for xbox games only.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I read the back of the game. Apparently I meet a lot of hilarious people in the game? It sounds interesting; I just hope it's not weird.

Have you played it btw? Is it any good? On par with FFX in terms of great RPGs?[/QUOTE]

Radiata is awesome. I loved it. Probably my favorite PS2 RPG

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Have you played it btw? Is it any good? On par with FFX in terms of great RPGs?
[/quote]
I hated most FF, so don't ask me to relate them.
Is that TIV still good? Those were the TIVs from the last coupon for xbox games only.

Yeah, just called for it this morning.

Again, anyone know of a Blockbuster that accepts games without the original case and manual?

I have a Madden 08 (PS2) I want to move.

Just picked up:

:360: Lego Star Wars II: Original Trilogy - $14.99
:360: Rayman Raving Rabbids - $0.00 ($14.99)
:360: Earth Defense Force 2017 - $9.99
:360: Earth Defense Force 2017 - $0.00 (9.99)
:xbox: Timesplitters: Future Perfect - $6.99
:xbox: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War - $0.00 (6.99)

Total = 31.97 + tax

Not really attached to Rayman or EDF 2017, so off to Amazon they go. :)

[quote name='ewto16']Again, anyone know of a Blockbuster that accepts games without the original case and manual?

I have a Madden 08 (PS2) I want to move.[/QUOTE]

i think they all do.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']
Bought Radiata Stories (14.99) and got Call of Duty 2 (360) for free. I haven't even heard of Radiata Stories but I figured it'd be worth it simply cause Square makes pretty good RPGs. When I went to check out, the associate told me that I had an extremely rare find. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought and played Radiata when it first came out and very much enjoyed it (preordered it at Gamerush actually - during their trade 2 get a preorder for $30 deal). It was definitely a good buy at the price you got it for, though I don't think it is "rare" (price for sealed copies on ebay seems to be about $20 + shipping).

[quote name='daminion']Gun really isn't that crappy. It's actually a pretty decent title and the gameplay, although short, is very enjoyable.[/quote]

Gun was completely awesome for as long as it lasted. Including every sidequest, it wont take you much more than like 7 hours to complete though.

As for blockbusters in my neck of the woods, its all been ransacked. Ive managed to find a couple of good games, but not at the same blockbuster, so no dice for me.

[quote name='schulerbob']Gun was completely awesome for as long as it lasted. Including every sidequest, it wont take you much more than like 7 hours to complete though.

As for blockbusters in my neck of the woods, its all been ransacked. Ive managed to find a couple of good games, but not at the same blockbuster, so no dice for me.[/quote]

i played gun on gc the 1st time, then replayed it on 3sextee for the achievements. really fun game, especially b/c it cost 5$ at bestbai on black friday

[quote name='monkeydeew']i played gun on gc the 1st time, then replayed it on 3sextee for the achievements. really fun game, especially b/c it cost 5$ at bestbai on black friday[/quote]

I just couldn't get into Gun. I enjoyed Red Dead Revolver much more.

[quote name='MightySlacker']
Still looking for the CC magic game

Dave[/QUOTE]

What about MLB Power Pros for the PS2? That has potential.

Found and Xbox Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 for $14.99, but couldn't find another game I wanted. Gonna head back and check soon and see if I can pick up something to trade into GS or another BB.

I just got back from BB. I bought these games:
Fatal Frame 2 (PS2) FREE ($14.99 originally)
Xenosaga Episode 3 $14.99

Whiplash (Xbox) $5
Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox) FREE ($2.99)
Dino Crisis 3 (Xbox) $4.99
Clock Tower 3 (PS2) FREE ($4.99)

I got:
PSP-
Medieval Ressurection- $6.99
Mercury Meltdown- $14.99
Ultimate Ghosts 'n goblins- $9.99

Other:
PS2- Ape Escape 3 ($14.99)
Xbox: Psychonauts- $9.99
360-Lego Star Wars 2: Original Trilogy- $14.99

[quote name='whoknows']Radiata is awesome. I loved it. Probably my favorite PS2 RPG[/QUOTE]

It is an excellent game once you get past the characters looking like precious moments figurines.

Ugh, I got there late in the sale. If only I hadn't broken my foot.... :(

I got Yakuza for $9.99 and Shadow The Hedgehog for $6.99 (yeah, I know, but I always wanted to try it). I had James Bond: From Russia With Love and Sly 3 in my hand, but I decided against it, mostly because I'll probably see FRWL again and I didn't even play much of Sly 2.

[quote name='awp']A Spongebob Wii game was $9.99? I don't think I've seen any Wii games for under $16.99 (raised likely due to the sale).[/quote]

Sorry, just looked at my receipt. It was 14.99. Me and the guy went back and forth once or twice because the register kept marking it back up to 17, which then messed up the price of the other game. And there were 3 other Wii games in the bin, one was one of those Namco Classics with 20 games on it, and the others were .... I don't remember.

So whilst out and about tonight I was driving by a blockbuster and much to the chagrin of my friends I popped in.

for 15 bucks I scored:

pikmin
Fatal Frame 2 (which I already own, but now I dont have to open my sealed copy)
Xenosaga II
Dino Crisis 3

Today I picked up

Tomb Raider Legends (360)
Fatal Frame II: Directors cut (Free)
Theme Park (ps2)
Kameo (360)

I saw Radiata Stories, FFXII, Ape Escape (PSP) and a few other games I was tempted to pick up.. but didn't. I'll probably regret it >.

I went to BB today and got:

60 Gig PS3 $450

Burned $125 credit I had, threw in another 80 in trades (including a couple of games that I had bought at the sale that I had second thoughts about - hey, I got a buck over what I paid for them, anyway! - and a Rainbow Six Vegas I had bought off of someone for $10 but said screw it and trade din for $15). I made up the rest in cash, unfortunately...but I couldn't take seeing that 60 gig ps3 sitting there knowing it could vanish at any minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back