The Book of Eli

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!
So I saw the The Book of Eli last night, and if it hadn''t taken itself so damn serious the whole time, I think it could've been one of the best sci-fi action flicks in years. The religion thing, which wouldn't have been bad had it been more subtle, was just too heavy-handed and came off as a bit hoaky with all the lectures and stuff.

Cool fight scenes though...

I liked it till the ending...that killed it for me. Plus I was under the impression it was gonna be alot more "mystical" than it was.

[quote name='Will']I liked it till the ending...that killed it for me. Plus I was under the impression it was gonna be alot more "mystical" than it was.[/QUOTE]

Religion is pretty goddamn mystical if you ask me.

[quote name='floormat']it was great. it was everything I was hoping "the road" would be[/QUOTE]

You can't compare a religiously charged faith based journey of a blind ninja with the story of a normal man and his son trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world.

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks for the huge spoilers, Malik[/QUOTE]

If you havent seen "movie x" don't read a thread titled "movie x" and then cry about spoilers.

I put it off for a while but finally watched it and thought it was a pretty good movie with awesome fight scenes

[quote name='kamui34']Way too slow for me, I dozed off at times. The Road was much much better.[/QUOTE]

what ?!?! i cant see how anyone liked the road. half the damn thing is about canabalism and the whole fucking film is depressing as shit. yeah i know all post apocalyptic flicks are but that one is easily the worst.

eli was cool and the major surprise in it was amazing once you find out about it and look back through everything.

[quote name='lokizz']what ?!?! i cant see how anyone liked the road. half the damn thing is about canabalism and the whole fucking film is depressing as shit. yeah i know all post apocalyptic flicks are but that one is easily the worst.

eli was cool and the major surprise in it was amazing once you find out about it and look back through everything.[/QUOTE]

Book of Eli was full of cannibalism as well.

[quote name='Malik112099']Book of Eli was full of cannibalism as well.[/QUOTE]

yeah it had some but it wasnt as bad as the road. every 10 or 20 minuets theyre running into and away from cannibals. and the detail they put into alot of those bits was pretty hard to take.

i know post apocalyptic flicks arent supposed to be cheery but shit that movie just went from bad to worse until finally at the end you have a kind of happy moment but considering what youve seen of humanity in the film you have to wonder if its legit or not.

id put more detail in it but i dont want to ruin it or anyone who hasnt seen it yet but i warn you all dont watch that film if youre sad or depressed it will only make it worse.

Well since the movie has been spoilered already I won't bother with the tags.

I enjoyed the shit out of this movie, but going into it I kept thinking to myself "please don't' be the bible please don't' be the bible please don't' be the bible please don't' be the bible" because then I would have already figured out what direction of the plot was gonna go into.

Lo and behold...

bread's done
Back