The Boycott Circuit City Thread

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']selectively and as a matter of convenience[/QUOTE]

Makes it easy to rationalize away any hypocrisy, doesn't it? Yeeha!

I have not been reading up on this but tell me if I got this wrong. Speedy was posting adds on here and other websites for CC. He posted one before it was out that had the PS3 price drop in it. Now CC is seaking legal action? Or am I missing something?

As for buying from them. I really don't buy much from them at all. The one near me does not have much for movies, music or games. I might buy 2 or 3 things a year there if that and thats only if Best Buy does not have it in at the time. The newest thing I have from them is a 60 gig Ipod video. I bought that about 3 months before the 80 gig came out and they stopped selling the 60 gig. It may be about a year or year and a half old. So me boycotting them would really be pointless seeing how I hardly shop there.

Do they not have better things to do with their time any money?? Seriously, every time I do waste my effort going in there the place is empty and the prices are high. If they do start suing people like speedy, I'm done with them for sure and will write letters to corporate.

http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=60597

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Question - How long until overblown righteous indignation blows over?
Answer - About 3 weeks.[/quote]
Still haven't shopped there, and got my organization to change the open PO we have had there to BestBuy. I even called the local manager to explain why.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Question - How long until overblown righteous indignation blows over?
Answer - About 3 weeks.[/QUOTE]

NEVER SURRENDER!!!

Pricematch for the win! I haven't been to CC since this train started rolling.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Do people still hoard video games?[/QUOTE]

nope. never. what are video games?

[quote name='Apossum']nope. never. what are video games?[/quote]
They are just some shit that lures us daily to this addictive shit hole :lol:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Exactly. The ads also help pay for the lawyers, so CC is funding CAG's defense.

I've been advocating for a couple of weeks now NOT to boycott CC. We're the smart consumers, the ones who know what to buy because it's a great price. We're not consumers who go in for something and have a high attach rate. We see something on sale, and we buy only what's on sale. So if we stop shopping there, while CC's overall sales might drop a percentage or two, the profit margin will actually rise. Do we really want that?

If someone really wanted to hurt CC, they would reduce their buying from them to PMing to get the extra 10%, anything to dip into the profits. Buy loss leaders, and loss leaders only. What you would be looking to do is dive into the profit any way you could. A more extreme example would be to go in and out of the store or keep the doors open to keep AC or heating bills high.

But, you know, I'd never advocate doing stuff like that at all.[/quote]

QFT. The best way to handle this is not to stop our shopping at CC, but buy only loss leaders and use their ads for pricematching. With that, CC has a hard time profiting from our business.

Also, a little anarchy never hurts. ;)

[quote name='wwe101']you guys do know that your little boycott doesnt mean shit to CC. its not affecting them at all......:applause:[/QUOTE]
We're supporting a valued community member that saved us all a ton of cash. You wouldn't understand that because you've been here for about 5 minutes. Next time, try to spend more time understanding the group you're trying to be a part of.

Or leave.

[quote name='speedracer']We're supporting a valued community member that saved us all a ton of cash. You wouldn't understand that because you've been here for about 5 minutes. Next time, try to spend more time understanding the group you're trying to be a part of.

Or leave.[/quote]

yea umm............. CC is not losing any money over this hahaha.

I know, I know. There's a concept of supporting community here that you just aren't feeling. We know. We get it.

You're different. You're special. You're an individual, unlike all the other individuals on the intarwebs.

When you realize you're an assload of fail at being a human being, don't forget to get your whole head in front of the shotgun.

[quote name='wwe101']yea umm............. CC is not losing any money over this hahaha.[/quote]

actually they have, if you would listen to the cag cast, cheapyd had announced that cc, did indeed lose money. i forgot which cag cast episode it was though

[quote name='boyboy1080']actually they have, if you would listen to the cag cast, cheapyd had announced that cc, did indeed lose money. i forgot which cag cast episode it was though[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you, while CC did have a bad quarter but its doesn't have anything to do with CAG. CC's Game sales were up in Q2 but they lost money on other things and their overall margin levels dropped (they apparently had a big drop in the super profitable extended warranty sales). Given the general raping CC gets from CAG members via coupon duplication, a CAG boycott could be the best thing to happen to CC this year.

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6480144.html

bread's done
Back