The Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of crowds, I don't remember if I posted this but I saw TNA at a county fair two weeks ago with Amish kids in the crowd. Bully Ray cut a nice promo on the crowd. So they knew it was going to be a small crowd being a fair, but it definitely wasn't no more than 500 people.

How does it work with shows at fairs? Do you get in for free? Does the fair pay TNA x amount of dollars to put the show on for the fair crowd, like they do with concerts?

Weird show, but it had some good wrestling on it. The show-opening ceremony for 9/11 was classy, although actually hiring a singer instead of playing an MP3 over the PA would've really helped it. Rosita appearing here in-character made no sense, although I can see why they wouldn't want an announcer talking over things just to explain that one point. Kash-Jesse was good, largely due to Kash being an awesome bully. Sorensen needs new gear badly - he looks like a CAW in an Al Bundy outfit. Storm-Bully was a lot of fun. I liked how they worked around Storm's injury with stalling, and Storm did a lot of stuff he doesn't normally do, like high kicks, a scorpion death lock, Roode's armbar and about 5,000 cross armbreakers. He really impressed me because not only did he work a good match despite his injury, but showed some new stuff. The finish wasn't the one I wanted, since I wanted Storm to take the whole thing, but it did open up the Series to having one more match and actually seeming like a tournament with a decisive conclusion instead of a random assortment of matches that just sort of ended.

Tenay brought up Karen watching from the JARRETT MANSION IN HENDERSONVILLE before the women's title match and I think they need to do at least a billion skits involving Jeff Jarrett owning a mansion. Have him talking about the history of mansions in his family - "THIS is where Kamala first came out of the bushes! HERE is where the New Generation did the head dunk!"The match itself was pretty good given the standard for the division now, but it was annoying to have Angelina get involved a ton and only have Earl talk at her instead of THROWING HER OUT OF THE MATCH FOR INTERFERING. And he didn't DQ Winter for trying to use the belt, instead just taking it away. THEN Angelina drags Winter out of the ring and all Earl says is "HEY". Winter won via mist - the second spit-based blinding finish of the night. THREE MATCHES INTO THE SHOW.

Tag title match was pretty much a nothing match, although Pope holding Rosita over the apron with one hand was a pretty impressive visual. Very odd to have her come out here in the anti-American gimmick an hour after she did the show-opening 9/11 tribute. Also odd to have Pope use Angelina's twisting back stabber for a near-fall. Enjoyed the Warrior-Rude finish, although why Mexican America couldn't beat THE POPE AND DEVON, WHO DON'T GET ALONG, clean I have no idea.
Anderson's promo had a funny line in it, which was a step up from his promos seeming to have a million of them and having none that made me laugh. Joe-Morgan was really impressive. Morgan worked the fastest pace here that he ever has, and Joe showed more fire than usual. Taz's gym rant after the "sloppy Joe" chant was just awesome. I liked the Pounce-esque turnbuckle bounce version of the Carbon Footprint that finished here - Morgan should just throw guys off the ropes to set that up now, because it makes it look more impressive than just a pump kick.

Storm's promo with Roode was something else. He cut easily the best babyface promo in the company in quite a while. Encouraged his friend to go out there and win, not for him, not for the people, but for himself. He ordered him to beat up the fat piece of shit Bully Ray and whoop his ass. He said the crowd would be chanting Roode's name, did the chant, and the people followed along. Sure, it was a smaller crowd, but they still did it. Storm has something special as a main event face...so I'm sure he'll be turning heel after Roode wins the title and BEER-POWERED MONEY EXPLODES! GUNNER GOT A NEW ENTRANCE VIDEO! I REPEAT, GUNNER GOT A NEW ENTRANCE VIDEO! Finally, after about a year in the company, and many months after losing the TV Title to EY, he gets something beyond "GUNNER" on CGI steel. Now, he gets a metal shield logo...which at least gives them something to work with for his gear. The match itself was pretty good, and I loved Taz going on a body part rant mid-way through. Taz's rants were a highlight of the show for me. They took up little time, but were funny. Loved the F5>Fujiwara armbar transition - looked smooth and was something new. I also liked the finish being an armbar>crossface transition because they setup the armbar as a finisher for Roode, so you're already in the "THIS COULD END IT" mentality, and it didn't lead to the finish falling flat. Bischoff putting Roode over was nice, but the UNADVERTISED, UNPROMOTED tagline was bizarre since it describes this very show...and TNA in general.

Loved Aries' promo. He worked his name into the TNA name nicely, put Kendrick over as a world-class athlete so that when he beat him, he beat a world-class athlete and not a goof with a crescent moon on his gear, and told BK to bring his A game, which wouldn't be enough for his A DOUBLE GAME. Glorious. Very fast-paced match. Kendrick's best one in a long time. Loved Aries' Russian legsweep into the post - very sick-looking. Another fun Taz rant here, this time, on people saying that wrestlers know how to fall but not how to fly into a guardrail. Then Aries, thank God, won the title and ended Kendrick's seemingly endless reign.

Roode-Bully was good stuff. Loved Roode no-selling the Bully chop in the corner, which Taz put over earlier in the show as incredibly painful. Roode's fuck YOU after it was great. These two had an awesome physical match, and man did Bully get some height on his splash. He's easily the best overall heel act in the company. Aries is fantastic, sure, but still comes off like a guy playing a character - Bully seems like he really could just be this big of a dick in real life. The only real problem I had with this match was the finish. Roode's never used the spinebuster as a finsher before, and it would've been super-easy to have it established as one just by airing video him getting a win with it on a house show during the series. That aside, this win came off like a big deal here - it felt like Roode really has progressed and come a long way from being just another guy in Team Canada, to his first failed singles push, to Beer Money really saving his career, and now this. He gets to main event BFG against (presumably) Kurt Angle, which should lead to at least some good promo work and a really good match. Plus, it's a fresh match - I don't ever recall them having a major singles match before, although I'm sure they had one on a random Impact at some point.

JB's interview with Thea Trinidad was just incredible. TNA's done a lot of exploitative things, including the deal with Jeff Hardy on last week's Impact, but this was the classiest tribute they've ever done for anyone. They had JB set her up by describing her dad, then she talked about him, his life, his impact on on her, and how she does this all for him. She came off as incredibly nice here, and it her words about time never healing the loss of a parent are very true. You move on as best you can, but you always know in the back of your mind that a large part of your life is now gone and won't be back while you're on this Earth. I don't think TNA should've had her come out in the tag title match - just for one night, have her be Thea Trinidad the whole night and then go back to being a heel on TV, but aside from that, they really did right by her. And maybe they wanted to do that, but she said no and wanted to come out to pay tribute to her dad by being involved in some way in a PPV match on the tenth anniversary of his passing. Kudos to TNA for their handling of this situation overall - they really did right by Thea on the show - I'm sure it was a night she'll never forget for a million reasons, and many of them being good ones.

World title 3-way was okay. Anderson was more pale than the referee. You know, the guy wasn't exactly much good when he cared, but holy shit is it sad to see him work a PPV main event world title match like it's in a high school gym. LOLed at him beating up Angle in the corner and then doing Orton's pose. Just think, if he hadn't back suplexed him wrong, he could be main eventing shows with more people in attendance than who paid to watch it on PPV. Dug the triple Germans on both guys. Can't believe Sting is taking those on a regular basis now. He's really a lot less gun-shy in this run than his last one, and it's helped his matches a lot. Sting's ankle lock roll through>mic check looked great. Then Hogan came out and once again ruined a finish by blinding Sting - third blinding angle of the show. I hated the finish, but liked they went from that to immediately pushing Roode-Angle at BFG.

Screens -

BEER!

BULLY!

Quotes -
Hemme - Congratulations on getting first place in the BFG Series!
Bully - SHUT UP, STUPID! GET OUTTA MY FACE, BITCH! HEY, DO YA BELIEVE ME NOW!? I’M BULLY RAY! I’M BUL.LY RAY! I’M BULLY RAY! I’M FROM HELL’S KITCHEN, AND I’M THE NEXT WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT MOTHERFRICKIN CHAMPION!
Taz - The relationship between Angelina and Winter is strange. Kinda hot, but maybe that’s just me.
Tenay - It can be strange at hot at the same time.
Taz - Whatever floats your boat.
Tenay - Where’s Karen? Watching from the Jarrett Mansion in Hnedersonvlle, Tennessee?
Taz - Winter wanted to take advantage of Mickie from behind, but not gonna have it was the knockouts champ.
Taz - You ever try to talk to Winter backstage?
Tenay - No.
Taz - She always tries to talk to me, it’s kinda weird.
Tenay - Angelina is interfering frequently tonight.
Tenay - THE OLD DOUBLE TEAM SPANKING, TAZ!
Taz - I’ve had that done - not just with bright lights on like this.
Anderson - The better man wins and rides off into the sunset. Do you see that sunset over there?
JB - Yeah…
Anderson - NO YOU DON’T! THERE’S NO FRICKIN SUNSET! WE’RE INDOORS!
Taz - TV doesn’t do pure justice to the pure size of Matt Morgan.
Crowd - Sloppy Joe! Sloppy Joe!
Taz -W hen you have a pec injury, it shoots up in your armpit and down your bicep. So, I might be speaking over the heads of people who haven’t been in a gym. Most have driven by a gym, or know a guy named Jim.
Storm - I was hoping it’d be us. But you beat Gunner, and when you get to that FAT PIECE OF SHIT BULLY RAY, YOU BEAT HIS ASS! Not just for those people out there, WHO WILL BE CHANTING YOUR NAME! BOB-BY BOB-BY! (fans sing along) YOU HEAR THAT? THEY’RE NOT DOING IT CUZ THEY’RE YOUR FANS, THEY’RE DOING IT BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN YOU. I BELIEVE IN YOU. DO IT FOR THE PEOPLE! FOR ME! FOR BEER MONEY! AND DO IT FOR YOURSELF! YOU DESERVE THIS!
Tenay - IT’S MISTER INTENSITY HIMSELF, GUNNER!
Taz - I’ve had shoulder injuries. I’ve blown my bicep in the ring. They both hurt like hell! Ya impressed I know all the medical body part terms? Lot of injuries, son, lot of injuries.
Taz - Headscissors on the head…where else would a head scissors be?
Tenay - WELL, YOU KNOW ALL THE BODY PARTS!
Taz - That’s what I’m saying…hehe
Guy - YOU SUCK, GUNNER!
Bischoff - GIVE IT UP FOR BOBBY ROODE! IT’S GONNA BE BOBBY ROODE AND BULLY RAY TONIGHT! UNADVERTISED AND UNPROMOTED! THERE WILL BE A WINNER, AND I WON’T BET ON YOU!
Aries - It’s time for total nonstop action - TOTAL NONSTOP ARIES! Brian, for all your unorthodox gear and style, you’re a world-class athlete. I expect you to bring your A game. Unfortunately, that’s not gonna be good enough. Because I’m bring my A DOUBLE GAME, AND THAT’S A WHOLE LEVEL ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS BUSINESS! You, JB, Kendrick, and the fat lazy fans will know why I’m the most complete athlete in the X division, why I’m the vascular vegetarian, and why I’m the greatest man who ever lived and why I’m gonna be the nest, and maybe last X division champion.
Taz - OLD-SCHOOL STUMP PULLER!
Taz - I can just hear someone going “OH, THEY KNOW HOW TO FALL”, WELL HOW ABOUT FLYING INTO A PIPE!?
(after the Bully chop)Roode - fuck YOU!
Taz - Roode fought through the chop to stare down Bully and say FREAK YOU, that didn‘t hurt as much as you thought. Maybe that one did. That’s renting space in Bully’s head, I’m telling ya.
JB - THE WINNER OF THE BFG SERIES, BOBBY ROODE!
Thea - People say that time heals all wounds, but it never gets any easier because every day, I’m waking up without my dad. An empty space at the dinner table. It hasn’t been the same since. My dad has been the inspiration from the very beginning. He was an amateur wrestler and he tought me how to put on a proper headlock. He always knew, when I was little, I said I’d be a wrestler. My mom said no, but my dad said I could do it. He’s been my inspiration, and I told him I’d do this for him. Balancing kids, a job, and a wife. It wasn’t easy for him. I do this for me, and for him, and every time I go out to the ring, I pray to him and tell him to be with me. He’s my inspiration throughout this entire journey. I’m thankful to have the TNA family behind me because it’s been a hard day for me. From watching the ceremony to hearing his name and crying with the girls, I truly appreciate being here and all the support the fans have given me. Tweets, e-mails, texts - thank you all very much.
JB - He’s watching his baby girl tonight on PPV and is very proud.
Tenay - Angle’s GONNA GO SHORTCUT! Rake of the eyes!
Taz - Anderson channeling Chuck Norris - that was impressive!
Taz - Those Germans take a lot out of you if you’re a human, but Kurt’s a bit of a cyborg.

No joke, I had no clue there was a TNA PPV yesterday. My exact words to my Dad were "Naw, TNA wouldn't have a PPV on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. That'd be a horrible decision."

Wow, how right I was.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Weird show, but it had some good wrestling on it. The show-opening ceremony for 9/11 was classy, although actually hiring a singer instead of playing an MP3 over the PA would've really helped it. Rosita appearing here in-character made no sense, although I can see why they wouldn't want an announcer talking over things just to explain that one point.[/QUOTE]

A singer is hired to sing the national anthem at standard events. They played "America the Beautiful" in a subdued manner because it was a somber occasion. It seemed pretty clear judging by her demeanor that Rosita lost someone close to her on 9/11, thus the probable reason she was holding the flag. There wasn't anything in that moment about anyone being "in character". Jesse Neal was even in his dress uniform.

[quote name='advanced']No joke, I had no clue there was a TNA PPV yesterday. My exact words to my Dad were "Naw, TNA wouldn't have a PPV on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. That'd be a horrible decision."

Wow, how right I was.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that it's going up against the official opening day of the NFL season. Talk about poor business planning.

[quote name='neocisco']A singer is hired to sing the national anthem at standard events. They played "America the Beautiful" in a subdued manner because it was a somber occasion. It seemed pretty clear judging by her demeanor that Rosita lost someone close to her on 9/11, thus the probable reason she was holding the flag. There wasn't anything in that moment about anyone being "in character". Jesse Neal was even in his dress uniform.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, her father was one of the "first responders" during 9/11.

EDIT: I was slightly incorrect. Her dad was on the 103rd floor when the plane hit.

[quote name='TheRock88']Not to mention that it's going up against the official opening day of the NFL season. Talk about poor business planning.[/QUOTE]

That's the main hurdle. All 9/11 events and most coverage was done by late afternoon so I don't think that was a real problem. NFL was on in the evening which certainly was the biggest detractor. Still, it seems better than trying to shotgun a PPV just 3 weeks (I think?) after the previous one ala WWE.

[quote name='pimpster4183']How does it work with shows at fairs? Do you get in for free? Does the fair pay TNA x amount of dollars to put the show on for the fair crowd, like they do with concerts?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how TNA gets paid, but I had to pay to get into the fair and then had to pay to get into the TNA show. I think they do that with all their major grandstand events.

TNA has had PPVs in the past on 9/11. In fact Unbreakable 2005 was on 9/11 which is the PPV with the infamous AJ/Joe/Daniels three way for the X Division title.

[quote name='Demolition Man']TNA has had PPVs in the past on 9/11. In fact Unbreakable 2005 was on 9/11 which is the PPV with the infamous AJ/Joe/Daniels three way for the X Division title.[/QUOTE]

Eh. I guess I just forgot. When the event has a lot of talent though, and it is a talented production, I seem to forget about what day it is and just enjoy. When its a snoozefest like TNA is lately, I get more harsh.

[quote name='advanced']Eh. I guess I just forgot. When the event has a lot of talent though, and it is a talented production, I seem to forget about what day it is and just enjoy. When its a snoozefest like TNA is lately, I get more harsh.[/QUOTE]

I think TNA is the complete opposite of that at the moment. The X-D has been refocused and is highlighting Austin Aries, one of the most entertaining guys in the company right now. The BFG Series has been a good concept that put 12(?) guys in the spotlight initially and made matches at house shows-house shows!-actually mean something. They have attempted to give some depth to Crimson and Gunner, young guys with a genuine opportunity to prove themselves. Some like them, some don't, but, regardless, they're trying to establish new talent.

Bully Ray is, far and away, the most improved wrestler in the entire business. He's in the best shape of his life (he actually has definition in his arms-in the right light, of course) and this new character is crazy over. Veterans like him willing to make changes like that are invaluable to any organization. Look at Sting. How many guys with the cache that he has would be willing to make such a departure from the well established persona he's developed? Pretty much zero.

TNA certainly isn't without it's faults (just like every other wrestling organization) but I think the pros are definitely outweighing the cons at this point. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me and as long as that difference of opinion is based on having actually watched the show (and not just reading some spoilers and deciding everything sucks) then that's fine.

[quote name='neocisco']I think TNA is the complete opposite of that at the moment. The X-D has been refocused and is highlighting Austin Aries, one of the most entertaining guys in the company right now. The BFG Series has been a good concept that put 12(?) guys in the spotlight initially and made matches at house shows-house shows!-actually mean something. They have attempted to give some depth to Crimson and Gunner, young guys with a genuine opportunity to prove themselves. Some like them, some don't, but, regardless, they're trying to establish new talent.

Bully Ray is, far and away, the most improved wrestler in the entire business. He's in the best shape of his life (he actually has definition in his arms-in the right light, of course) and this new character is crazy over. Veterans like him willing to make changes like that are invaluable to any organization. Look at Sting. How many guys with the cache that he has would be willing to make such a departure from the well established persona he's developed? Pretty much zero.

TNA certainly isn't without it's faults (just like every other wrestling organization) but I think the pros are definitely outweighing the cons at this point. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me and as long as that difference of opinion is based on having actually watched the show (and not just reading some spoilers and deciding everything sucks) then that's fine.[/QUOTE]

I normally defend TNA, but after not watching it recently due to night classes, I just can't get into right now. It might be Hogan sucking so bad or something. I feel the same way about most of those things actually. When I turn it on to watch on Friday afternoon, I end up taking a nap during it, hence "snoozefest".

-- TNA Wrestling has a live event scheduled for Friday, November 4 at the Kellogg Arena Battle Creek, Michigan, with tickets going on sale Friday, September 23 at KelloggArena.com. All tickets to the event include all-you-can-eat popcorn, fountain soda, hot dogs, chips, water and nachos with cheese.

I wouldn't be caught dead at a TNA event, but that food does sound good.

TNA No Buys PPV thoughts -

Weird show, but it had some good wrestling on it. The show-opening ceremony for 9/11 was classy, although actually hiring a singer instead of playing an MP3 over the PA would've really helped it. Rosita appearing here in-character made no sense, although I can see why they wouldn't want an announcer talking over things just to explain that one point. Kash-Jesse was good, largely due to Kash being an awesome bully. Sorensen needs new gear badly - he looks like a CAW in an Al Bundy outfit. Storm-Bully was a lot of fun. I liked how they worked around Storm's injury with stalling, and Storm did a lot of stuff he doesn't normally do, like high kicks, a scorpion death lock, Roode's armbar and about 5,000 cross armbreakers. He really impressed me because not only did he work a good match despite his injury, but showed some new stuff. The finish wasn't the one I wanted, since I wanted Storm to take the whole thing, but it did open up the Series to having one more match and actually seeming like a tournament with a decisive conclusion instead of a random assortment of matches that just sort of ended.

Tenay brought up Karen watching from the JARRETT MANSION IN HENDERSONVILLE before the women's title match and I think they need to do at least a billion skits involving Jeff Jarrett owning a mansion. Have him talking about the history of mansions in his family - "THIS is where Kamala first came out of the bushes! HERE is where the New Generation did the head dunk!"The match itself was pretty good given the standard for the division now, but it was annoying to have Angelina get involved a ton and only have Earl talk at her instead of THROWING HER OUT OF THE MATCH FOR INTERFERING. And he didn't DQ Winter for trying to use the belt, instead just taking it away. THEN Angelina drags Winter out of the ring and all Earl says is "HEY". Winter won via mist - the second spit-based blinding finish of the night. THREE MATCHES INTO THE SHOW.

Tag title match was pretty much a nothing match, although Pope holding Rosita over the apron with one hand was a pretty impressive visual. Very odd to have her come out here in the anti-American gimmick an hour after she did the show-opening 9/11 tribute. Also odd to have Pope use Angelina's twisting back stabber for a near-fall. Enjoyed the Warrior-Rude finish, although why Mexican America couldn't beat THE POPE AND DEVON, WHO DON'T GET ALONG, clean I have no idea.
Anderson's promo had a funny line in it, which was a step up from his promos seeming to have a million of them and having none that made me laugh. Joe-Morgan was really impressive. Morgan worked the fastest pace here that he ever has, and Joe showed more fire than usual. Taz's gym rant after the "sloppy Joe" chant was just awesome. I liked the Pounce-esque turnbuckle bounce version of the Carbon Footprint that finished here - Morgan should just throw guys off the ropes to set that up now, because it makes it look more impressive than just a pump kick.

Storm's promo with Roode was something else. He cut easily the best babyface promo in the company in quite a while. Encouraged his friend to go out there and win, not for him, not for the people, but for himself. He ordered him to beat up the fat piece of shit Bully Ray and whoop his ass. He said the crowd would be chanting Roode's name, did the chant, and the people followed along. Sure, it was a smaller crowd, but they still did it. Storm has something special as a main event face...so I'm sure he'll be turning heel after Roode wins the title and BEER-POWERED MONEY EXPLODES! GUNNER GOT A NEW ENTRANCE VIDEO! I REPEAT, GUNNER GOT A NEW ENTRANCE VIDEO! Finally, after about a year in the company, and many months after losing the TV Title to EY, he gets something beyond "GUNNER" on CGI steel. Now, he gets a metal shield logo...which at least gives them something to work with for his gear. The match itself was pretty good, and I loved Taz going on a body part rant mid-way through. Taz's rants were a highlight of the show for me. They took up little time, but were funny. Loved the F5>Fujiwara armbar transition - looked smooth and was something new. I also liked the finish being an armbar>crossface transition because they setup the armbar as a finisher for Roode, so you're already in the "THIS COULD END IT" mentality, and it didn't lead to the finish falling flat. Bischoff putting Roode over was nice, but the UNADVERTISED, UNPROMOTED tagline was bizarre since it describes this very show...and TNA in general.

Loved Aries' promo. He worked his name into the TNA name nicely, put Kendrick over as a world-class athlete so that when he beat him, he beat a world-class athlete and not a goof with a crescent moon on his gear, and told BK to bring his A game, which wouldn't be enough for his A DOUBLE GAME. Glorious. Very fast-paced match. Kendrick's best one in a long time. Loved Aries' Russian legsweep into the post - very sick-looking. Another fun Taz rant here, this time, on people saying that wrestlers know how to fall but not how to fly into a guardrail. Then Aries, thank God, won the title and ended Kendrick's seemingly endless reign.

Roode-Bully was good stuff. Loved Roode no-selling the Bully chop in the corner, which Taz put over earlier in the show as incredibly painful. Roode's fuck YOU after it was great. These two had an awesome physical match, and man did Bully get some height on his splash. He's easily the best overall heel act in the company. Aries is fantastic, sure, but still comes off like a guy playing a character - Bully seems like he really could just be this big of a dick in real life. The only real problem I had with this match was the finish. Roode's never used the spinebuster as a finsher before, and it would've been super-easy to have it established as one just by airing video him getting a win with it on a house show during the series. That aside, this win came off like a big deal here - it felt like Roode really has progressed and come a long way from being just another guy in Team Canada, to his first failed singles push, to Beer Money really saving his career, and now this. He gets to main event BFG against (presumably) Kurt Angle, which should lead to at least some good promo work and a really good match. Plus, it's a fresh match - I don't ever recall them having a major singles match before, although I'm sure they had one on a random Impact at some point.

JB's interview with Thea Trinidad was just incredible. TNA's done a lot of exploitative things, including the deal with Jeff Hardy on last week's Impact, but this was the classiest tribute they've ever done for anyone. They had JB set her up by describing her dad, then she talked about him, his life, his impact on on her, and how she does this all for him. She came off as incredibly nice here, and it her words about time never healing the loss of a parent are very true. You move on as best you can, but you always know in the back of your mind that a large part of your life is now gone and won't be back while you're on this Earth. I don't think TNA should've had her come out in the tag title match - just for one night, have her be Thea Trinidad the whole night and then go back to being a heel on TV, but aside from that, they really did right by her. And maybe they wanted to do that, but she said no and wanted to come out to pay tribute to her dad by being involved in some way in a PPV match on the tenth anniversary of his passing. Kudos to TNA for their handling of this situation overall - they really did right by Thea on the show - I'm sure it was a night she'll never forget for a million reasons, and many of them being good ones.

World title 3-way was okay. Anderson was more pale than the referee. You know, the guy wasn't exactly much good when he cared, but holy shit is it sad to see him work a PPV main event world title match like it's in a high school gym. LOLed at him beating up Angle in the corner and then doing Orton's pose. Just think, if he hadn't back suplexed him wrong, he could be main eventing shows with more people in attendance than who paid to watch it on PPV. Dug the triple Germans on both guys. Can't believe Sting is taking those on a regular basis now. He's really a lot less gun-shy in this run than his last one, and it's helped his matches a lot. Sting's ankle lock roll through>mic check looked great. Then Hogan came out and once again ruined a finish by blinding Sting - third blinding angle of the show. I hated the finish, but liked they went from that to immediately pushing Roode-Angle at BFG.

Screens -

BEER!

BULLY!

Quotes -
Hemme - Congratulations on getting first place in the BFG Series!
Bully - SHUT UP, STUPID! GET OUTTA MY FACE, BITCH! HEY, DO YA BELIEVE ME NOW!? I’M BULLY RAY! I’M BUL.LY RAY! I’M BULLY RAY! I’M FROM HELL’S KITCHEN, AND I’M THE NEXT WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT MOTHERFRICKIN CHAMPION!
Taz - The relationship between Angelina and Winter is strange. Kinda hot, but maybe that’s just me.
Tenay - It can be strange at hot at the same time.
Taz - Whatever floats your boat.
Tenay - Where’s Karen? Watching from the Jarrett Mansion in Hnedersonvlle, Tennessee?
Taz - Winter wanted to take advantage of Mickie from behind, but not gonna have it was the knockouts champ.
Taz - You ever try to talk to Winter backstage?
Tenay - No.
Taz - She always tries to talk to me, it’s kinda weird.
Tenay - Angelina is interfering frequently tonight.
Tenay - THE OLD DOUBLE TEAM SPANKING, TAZ!
Taz - I’ve had that done - not just with bright lights on like this.
Anderson - The better man wins and rides off into the sunset. Do you see that sunset over there?
JB - Yeah…
Anderson - NO YOU DON’T! THERE’S NO FRICKIN SUNSET! WE’RE INDOORS!
Taz - TV doesn’t do pure justice to the pure size of Matt Morgan.
Crowd - Sloppy Joe! Sloppy Joe!
Taz -W hen you have a pec injury, it shoots up in your armpit and down your bicep. So, I might be speaking over the heads of people who haven’t been in a gym. Most have driven by a gym, or know a guy named Jim.
Storm - I was hoping it’d be us. But you beat Gunner, and when you get to that FAT PIECE OF SHIT BULLY RAY, YOU BEAT HIS ASS! Not just for those people out there, WHO WILL BE CHANTING YOUR NAME! BOB-BY BOB-BY! (fans sing along) YOU HEAR THAT? THEY’RE NOT DOING IT CUZ THEY’RE YOUR FANS, THEY’RE DOING IT BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN YOU. I BELIEVE IN YOU. DO IT FOR THE PEOPLE! FOR ME! FOR BEER MONEY! AND DO IT FOR YOURSELF! YOU DESERVE THIS!
Tenay - IT’S MISTER INTENSITY HIMSELF, GUNNER!
Taz - I’ve had shoulder injuries. I’ve blown my bicep in the ring. They both hurt like hell! Ya impressed I know all the medical body part terms? Lot of injuries, son, lot of injuries.
Taz - Headscissors on the head…where else would a head scissors be?
Tenay - WELL, YOU KNOW ALL THE BODY PARTS!
Taz - That’s what I’m saying…hehe
Guy - YOU SUCK, GUNNER!
Bischoff - GIVE IT UP FOR BOBBY ROODE! IT’S GONNA BE BOBBY ROODE AND BULLY RAY TONIGHT! UNADVERTISED AND UNPROMOTED! THERE WILL BE A WINNER, AND I WON’T BET ON YOU!
Aries - It’s time for total nonstop action - TOTAL NONSTOP ARIES! Brian, for all your unorthodox gear and style, you’re a world-class athlete. I expect you to bring your A game. Unfortunately, that’s not gonna be good enough. Because I’m bring my A DOUBLE GAME, AND THAT’S A WHOLE LEVEL ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS BUSINESS! You, JB, Kendrick, and the fat lazy fans will know why I’m the most complete athlete in the X division, why I’m the vascular vegetarian, and why I’m the greatest man who ever lived and why I’m gonna be the nest, and maybe last X division champion.
Taz - OLD-SCHOOL STUMP PULLER!
Taz - I can just hear someone going “OH, THEY KNOW HOW TO FALL”, WELL HOW ABOUT FLYING INTO A PIPE!?
(after the Bully chop)Roode - fuck YOU!
Taz - Roode fought through the chop to stare down Bully and say FREAK YOU, that didn‘t hurt as much as you thought. Maybe that one did. That’s renting space in Bully’s head, I’m telling ya.
JB - THE WINNER OF THE BFG SERIES, BOBBY ROODE!
Thea - People say that time heals all wounds, but it never gets any easier because every day, I’m waking up without my dad. An empty space at the dinner table. It hasn’t been the same since. My dad has been the inspiration from the very beginning. He was an amateur wrestler and he tought me how to put on a proper headlock. He always knew, when I was little, I said I’d be a wrestler. My mom said no, but my dad said I could do it. He’s been my inspiration, and I told him I’d do this for him. Balancing kids, a job, and a wife. It wasn’t easy for him. I do this for me, and for him, and every time I go out to the ring, I pray to him and tell him to be with me. He’s my inspiration throughout this entire journey. I’m thankful to have the TNA family behind me because it’s been a hard day for me. From watching the ceremony to hearing his name and crying with the girls, I truly appreciate being here and all the support the fans have given me. Tweets, e-mails, texts - thank you all very much.
JB - He’s watching his baby girl tonight on PPV and is very proud.
Tenay - Angle’s GONNA GO SHORTCUT! Rake of the eyes!
Taz - Anderson channeling Chuck Norris - that was impressive!
Taz - Those Germans take a lot out of you if you’re a human, but Kurt’s a bit of a cyborg.

Raw thoughts -

Marked out hard in the opening segment for Ricardo's wacky expressions, and always going NO NO NO or just outright begging when things didn't go his way. Bret screwed up a lot of little things, but tried his best here. I always look forward to seeing Bret in a match. Sure, he's a shell of his former self, but if he can just do what he did at Summerslam last year and show a flash of what he once was even with his physical limitations, that's good enough for me. Cena once again burying Alberto's gimmick pissed me off. ENOUGH with that shit. Morrison/Riley vs. Swagger/Dolph was...a match. Really good when Dolph and Morrison were in there, and then it was just stuff happening. Heels lost due to idiocy. Yada yada whatever. Loved Miz and Truth's deal - they've got some good chemistry, but Real Truth really should have actually gotten a tag match win before their title shot. Surely the Usos could be used in a number 1 contender's match. Miz-Kofi was fine, but nothing special. It was really hurt by the terrible commentary from Cole, who buried the town they were in, and spent the whole match trying to insult J.R. Miz won, so I'm guessing The Real Truth doesn't win the titles the first time out, which is good for Kofi and Evan.

Joe Hennig tried to talk about how he does have charisma because of who his dad is, while Otunga brought up being a Harvard-educated lawyer. King responded by burying both guys and bringing Sheamus out as his partner. I'm all for Sheamus getting a spot on Raw to shine, but I hate this angle, so I don't want to see someone I'm a big fan of involved in it. Sheamus just killed them both. Just send them to FCW or TNA or something. They're dead in WWE. They hyped up a segment with HHH and CM Punk TALKING MORE. Then Ricardo drank something and did girly push-ups. Ricardo was easily the best part of the show at this point. Then Bret and Cena came out for their match, which surprised me, because I thought the WWE Championship situation would've closed the go-home Raw for the PPV. Gotta make sure HHH and Punk have more time to TALK, which hasn't happened enough in the past...what, decade this angle has gone on? Cena doing bullring comedy with Ricardo was...something. Loved Ricardo running over to cling onto Alberto constituting a tag. This led to Cena-Alberto for a few minutes, which didn't do a thing for me. Then Alberto left after doing the same to Ricardo, who got tagged in, before Bret tapped him out with the sharpshooter.

WWE then spent five minutes jerking off over their 9/13/01 show and how WWE helped unite the nation after 9/11. Cena, who wasn't even on the 9/13 show, did the voice over for this, and...yeah, he's not gonna be getting much work as a narrator anytime soon. This was sickening. TNA's tribute last night was really classy, this was WWE reminding you of just how great WWE is, was, always will be, AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR LINDA IN 2012, or whenever it is she's running for an office she doesn't deserve. And then they talked about how Raw was the longest-running show in TV history. This was really shameless. It was one of those segments that made you ashamed to be a fan.

Vickie faced Kelly. This was nothing, but did further the Dolph-Swagger deal by having Vickie be really annoying. They aired an HHH hype vid, in case you haven't seen enough of HHH on TV in the past few months. This led to a Mark Henry promo thanks to the hall of fame/pain segue by Josh. Replay of how Henry killed Orton on SD. Cody and Orton had a rematch from SD...for no apparent reason. Then Mark Henry came out and got chased off by Orton with a chair, so he came back with his own. Orton was beaten down by Henry on SD, but was of course fine here. J.R. put over how vicious Henry is.

Then a hilarious ad aired for Star Fox 3D with four 20-somethings playing the game indoors. It wasn't funny because of jokes, but because of the absurdity of a group of guys getting together to play a portable version of a 13 year-old game instead of something like Modern Warfare 2 on a console. Cole then upped the absurdity of things by talking about how symbolic it was that Mark Henry was straddling a chair...and then Cody beat Orton. YAY CODY! It's a shame it happened here in a way because the match fell way short of their SD match, but at least it was seen by more people...who won't remember it because the focus before and after the match was all on Mark Henry. They talked about this being the main event, but of course, that was HHH AND CM PUNK TALKING! Then HHH and Punk rambled on for seemingly ever before FINALLY getting to this being personal, Punk's mic getting cut, and then HHH giving him one...which Punk (excuse me, PHIL) hit him with. This did nothing to make me see HHH face CM Punk or Paul Levesque face Phil Brooks.

Screens -

Mid-card main eventer/car renter -

Quotes -
Cole - WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW SUPERSHOW! A CRITICAL SHOW BEFORE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS!
Alberto - So it’s gonna be like this? Are you going to boo me!? IT’S OKAY BECAUSE I CAN TAKE THAT. WHAT I CAN’T TAKE IS BEING DISRESPECTED! CENA HIT ME WITH AN AA, AND YOU, THE WWE UNIVERSE, MADE FUN OF ME! I’M THE UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION AND NO ONE MAKES FUN OF ME! I’ve already retired somebody - EDGE! I’M THE MAN WHO FORCED EDGE TO RETIRE! I BEAT CM PUNK AT SUMMERSLAM, AND I’M GONNA TEACH A LESSON TO YOHN CENA AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS! SO YOU PEOPLE BETTER STOP MAKIN FUN OF ME! MY NAME IS ALBERTO DEL RIO - AND I’M THE UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION! THE GREATEST OF THE GREAT!
Bret - Amigo!
Cole - HE SPEAKS SPANISH!
Bert - I just want you to know, I didn’t come out here to disrespect you. I came out here to give you a little education. Cuz you know when it’s seems obvious to me when I look at you, I see you wearing the WWE World Championship belt, and I see a man who doesn’t know what it means to be a world champion.
Cole - HE’S THE WWE CHAMPION!
Alberto - Bret, I DESTROYED REY AND EDGE! And if you want me to do the same…
Bret - Don’t even start - you threaten to beat up a crippled wrestler? GIVE ME A BREAK. YOU’RE ALL STYLE AND NO STUBSTANCE. A little flash. You need to become a real champion. A man with pride, who comes in the ring, wrestles night after night and leaves it all in the ring. THAT’S HOW YOU BECOME THE BEST THERE IS, WAS, AND EVER WILL BE!
Alberto - You’re a long way from that! How about you? A FORMER CHAMPION WHO LOOKS LIKE A BUM! YOU LOOK LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON WITH THAT 1994 JACKET, GREASY JACKET, AND THOSE PATHETICO SHORTS! YOU LOOK LIKE ONE OF THOSE ILLEGAL CANADIANS I HIRE TO CLEAN MY HOUSE. I’M THE BEST THERE IS, NOT YOU! I’M THE WWE CHAMPION! AND TONIGHT, I’M GONNA MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF YOU!
Cole - WE’RE HERE IN BIZARROLAND. OTTOWA! AND WE’RE IN THE CAPITOL OF THIS DUMP! OTTOWA!
Cena - Thanks for the welcome. I disagree with Alberto because I look at you, your sense of style…and I don’t’ see anything you describe. I SEE A WWE HALL OF FAMER! And uh… I have no visual proof, but apparently Alberto has grown a set of jalepenos, because for a month straight, when I come down here, you run like a coward. It’s sad really, I’m not here to tell you to go home, hope in the ‘06 Spyder…you don’t even know what I’m talking about. That’s what happens when you rent ‘em, and go back to Mexico, take a cab if you have to, and party like there’s no tomorrow…because you’re WW Champion for 6 more days. I’ve told this camera, the people, and Tattoo from Fantasy Island. I’m man enough to tell you I’m gonna beat you at NoC this Sunday.
Alberto - WHY WAIT? LET’S GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!
Cena - YOU WANNA FIGHT NOW? LET’S GO!
Alberto - IF YOU HAVE THE CAJONES, LET’S GIVE THEM THE MATCH THEY WANT - YOU VERSUS RICARDO RODRIGUEZ!
Cena - I ALREADY HIT TATTOO. BUT IF YOU WANNA MAKE A SPECIAL MATCH FOR A SPECIAL CROWD…THE NOISE GETS MY MIND WORKING…I’M AN IDEA GUY…AND I SEE IN THE IMAGINARY CRYSTAL BALL, THE MAN WHO THINKS IT’S HIS DESTINY TO BE THE WWE CHAMPION, THE RENTAL CAR-RIDING, THOUSANDAIRRE ALBERTO DEL RIO PUTS THE WWE TITLE ON THE LINE TONIGHT AGAINST THE BEST THERE IS THERE, WAS, AND EVER WILL BE BRET THE HITMAN HART! In the words of Mills Lane - LET’S GET IT ON!
Alberto - ONE MOMENT PLEASE!
Ace - My name is John Laurinitis, and on behalf of HHH, I say we give everyone what they wanna see - a tag team match. Alberto and Ricardo to face the team of John Cena and the Hitman Bret Hart!
Cena - THAT’S THE FIRST GOOD DECISION YOU’VE MADE IN YOUR LIFE!
King - Otunga and McGullicutty should hire Vickie - SHE HAS SOME CHARISMA!
J.R. - Dolph not intervening cost him some money because they go home with the loser’s share of the purse.
Josh - Gentlemen, despite your claims that there’s a conspiracy, HHH has granted your request for a match with Air Boom! Have your feelings on the COOO changed?
Miz - HHH does the OBVIOUS and then things are supposed to be okay! ? ALL ANYONE IS TALKING ABOUT IS THE FACEOFF BETWEEN HHH AND CM PUNK! BUT WAIT, THIS TIME, THEY’LL TELL THE TRUTH! If Punk wanted to tell the truth, he’d change his name from CM to BS!
Truth -Y a know what? I kind of um feel that HHH made a good decision man.
Miz - REALLY?
Truth - NINJA PLEASE, HELL NO!
Miz - What did you say?
Truth - NINJA, WIYA, PLEASE! I WANT HHH TO LOSE THIS SUNDAY TOO. I WANT HIM OUTTA HERE AS COO! LET’S SHOW PEOPLE THE REAL TRUTH! HHH IS COO - THAT SPELLS COO. THAT TWO TIMES SPELLS COO COO. COO COO IS WHAT HHH IS IF HE THINKS WE GONNA LET HIM OFF THA HOOK. I HATE TO THINK THAT THE MIZ AND I SHOULD MAIN EVENT EVERY WWE PPV, AND WE GONNA PROVE THAT AT NOC, AND RIGHT NOW!
Miz - CUZ THE TRUTH IS, THIS SUNDAY, BOURNE AND KOFI ARE GONNA GET GOT!
Truth - AND THAT IS AWESOME!
Cole - Welcome back to Monday Night Raw Supershow, at America’s backpack, Canada!
Cole - Kofi has been a tag champion numerous times in WWE. This is Bourne’s first run with gold.
Cole - J.R. - I think Truth’s talking to you. He’s calling you Little Jimmy. Actually, with you, it would be Big Jimmy. Wouldn’t be Slim Jimmy.
King - WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Truth - STOP CLAPPING!
Hennig - Lawler, LISTEN OLD MAN. I DON’T GET WHERE WE DON’T HAVE A PERSONALITY. I WAS BORN WITH A PERSONALITY. DO YOU KNOW WHO MY FATHER IS?
Otunga - I’M A HARVARD-EDUCATED LAWYER!
King - I DID KNOW YOUR FATHER - AND YOU’RE NOT YOUR FATHER! Otunga, just what we need - ANOTHER LAWYE.R You may have graduated from Harvard, but you obviously failed your charisma class! Here’s my partner, who is LOADED WITH PERSONALITY!
J.R. - SHEAMUS IS BRINGING IT TONIGHT!
Cole - WHAT GREAT RING GEAR FOR BRET!
Cole - A lot of people runt heir mouths here - it doesn’t mean you can get in the ring with the best of them.
King - I can’t believe that Alberto would talk about greasy hair.
Cole - It’s gel.
Cole - You can’t blame Alberto for leaving.
J.R. - WHAT THE GEL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
Henry - People wonder why I decimated Big Show and Kane, why I ran Sheamus through a barricade at Summerslam. 15 YEARS OF LOOKING OVER MARK HENRY. 15 YEARS OF NO RESPECT. 15 YEARS OF NOT BEING A NUMBER 1 CONTENDER! OF NOT BEING THE WORLD CHAMPION! THE REASON THAT ALL THTAT HAPPENED WAS TO GET ME TO THIS POINT, AND BE THE WORLD CHAMPION! AND THIS SUNDAY, I PROMISE YOU, RANDY ORTON IS GONNA ENTER MY HALL OF PAIN!
King - Do they expect our fans to put those bags on our heads?
Cole - J.R. should wear one if he knows what’s good for him, ALTHOUGH IT PROBABLY WON’T FIT HIM!
J.R. - HE’S THE GRANDSOM OF A PLUMBER! That facial thing didn’t help with the back bodydrop!
Cole - IT’S SYMBOLIC HOW MARK HENRY IS STRADDLING THE CHAIR! IT’S THE SAME WAY HE SAT ON SMACKDOWN!
Henry - YOU FEEL THAT PAIN. KNOW IT AND LOVE IT. CUZ THERE’S MORE OF THAT COMING!
Cole - I THINK FOR THE PAST 9 MONTHS, EVERYTHING’S GONE THE WAY OF CM PUNK! HE’S HEADING INTO A MATCH IN THE PRIME OF HIS CAREER AGAINST A MAN WHO’S ONLY WRESTLED ONE TIME THIS YEAR!
Sign - Championship Material Punk
Punk - Here we are, Hunter - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN BETWEEN ME AND YOU, and I’m fascinated that the entire world is watching and wondering what we’re gonna say to each other. If you don’t mind, I’ll start. I respect you. I respect you for firing the charisma vacuum and ratings killer, Kevin Nash, but just because I respect you doesn’t mean I liike you. That doesn’t matter, because you don’t like me. People tell me all the horrible things you say behind my back. I’m also a great judge of character - anytime we have to have a conversation, your skin crawls. When I first got here, you called me a pompous internet darling who couldn’t hang with the mighty HHH!
HHH - That’s changed a little bit…
Punk - THAT’S THE PROBLEM!
Crowd - CM Punk!
Punk - That’s the problem…the fact that your perception of me has only changed a little bit, and nothing changed since you fired Vince. YOU’RE AS BAD AS VINCE, WITH YOUR SUIT, AND YOUR PANTS WITH NO BACK POCKET FOR SOME REASON. YOU STAND STILL AND LET THIS ALL PASS BY. YOU LOOK AT ME AND THINK THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME DON’T BELONG IN THE RING WITH YOU. YOU AND VINCE BOTH HAVE THIS BODYBUILDER FETISH ABOUT WHAT A MAIN EVENT SUPERSTAR HAS TO LOOK LIKE. AND GUYS THAT FIT THAT IMAGE ARE GIVEN TEN TIMES MORE OPPURTUNITIES…
HHH - Lemme drop some names - HBK, Mick Foley, Bret Hart, Rey Mysterio - SOME OF THE BIGGEST SUPERSTARS IN WWE. BODYBUILDER WON’T BE USED TO DESCRIBE THEM!
Punk - So this mindset doesn’t exist? THIS IS THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE, RIGHT? YOU DON’T BELIEVE THAT, RIGHT?
HHH - If you wanna use it as an excuse for your failures, then go ahead.
Punk - My failures?
HHH - You’re worried about my opinion - mine doesn’t matter. THEIR OPNION DOES!
Punk - Are you listening to them?
HHH - Yeah, and they’ve changed my opnion. It’s the first six years where you bitched, didn’t get that reaction, but still thought you were held back. You wanna be a star? JUST GET OVER WITH THEM. Those people, when you get them on your side, will come in droves to see you. And when you do, you’ll get everything you wanted out of this business. You won’t have to plead to be on the 7-11 cup, they’ll call us and demand that you’re on it.
Punk - So we’re listening to the audience today? Just today? THEN WHERE ARE MY WWE ICE CREAM BARS!?
Cole - Is he serious>
Punk - SPARE ME THE IMAGINARY BRASS RING SPEECH. I remember my first one. It was 2006, Philly. The night before my first WWE PPV. Survivor Series. I was on a team captained by DX. And the funny thing about that night was 18,000 weren’t chanting DX, HBK, OR HHH, THEY WERE CHANTING…
Crowd - CM PUNK!
Punk - The story doesn’t have a happy ending. That was the first time I grabbed a brass ring and went nowhere with it. What you see with me is what you get. I’d rather be hated for who I hate, than loved for something I’m not.
HHH - Mighty heroic of you. You’ve never had opportunities? PPVs/ Main events? MITB? Multiple world titles? Maybe at some point, you have to look in the mirror and stop blaming everyone else. Maybe you’re not the best in the world. You told a story a few weeks ago about Cena coming up to you when you won your first title here and said congrats, I’d almost lost hope. HOW DARE CENA TALK TO THE ALMIGHTY CM PUNK! WHO THE HELL IS HE!? CENA’S THE GUY WHO CAME FROM NOTHING AND MADE HIMSELF INTO THE BIGGEST STAR IN THIS INDUSTRY! Some people love him, some hate him, but he sells out arenas all around the world. He did that on his own. He did it by winning them over. See, you’re worried about my opinion, when it’s theirs you need to worry about. People ask me mine, and sometimes I’m right, sometimes I’m wrong. Sometimes I look at a guy and think he’s great, and he’s not. And then I think he isn’t, and he turns out to be John Cena, the biggest star in the business. All you gotta do is win them over.
Punk - ARE YOU LISTENING TO THE AUDIENCE YOU’RE APPARENTLY LISTENING TO!?
HHH - Now they’re chanting your name, but last year, not so much. You started to get these people, but don’t talk about being a martyr for six years.
Punk - I BUSTED MY ASS AND SACRIFICED FOR THIS BUSINESS!
HHH - THAT’S WHAT YOU DO! YOU BUST YOUR ASS! YOU’RE HANDED NOTHING. BUT HERE’S THE THING, THAT’S HOW YOU GET OVER. WHETHER IT’S YOUR WARPED INTERNET PHILOSOPHY, THIS ISN’T ABOUT BUSINESS, THIS IS A CIRCLE, IT ISN’T BUSINESS, IT’S PERSONAL. I TRIED TO KEEP IT BUSINESS, BUT YOU MADE IT PERSONAL! THAT’S WHY ON SUNDAY, YOU’LL STEP INTO THE RING WITH ME. NOT THE COO! NOT THE MUTLIPLE TIME WORLD CHAMPION! NOT THE GAME! JUST A MAN! A MAN YOU INSULTED AND A MAN WHO’S GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!
Punk - La-ti day - THIS ISN’T ABOUT CENA. I’M THE BEST IN THE WORLD. You’re gonna kick my ass, AND I’LL KICK YOURS AND PIN YOU! MY QUEST FOR CHANGE DOESN’T END UNTIL YOU’RE NO LONGER COO! I’LL TELL YOU WHY IT’S SO SATISFYING. THIS ISN’T CM PUNK TALKING TO HHH. THIS IS PHIL BROOKS TALKING TO PAUL LEVESQUE. THE REASON…(mic is cut)
HHH - IF IT’S ME AND YOU, JUST SAY IT TO ME, NOT THEM!
Punk - THANKS PAUL…
HHH - Frank, what’s going on? You want this, LAY THE PIPE BOMB ON ME! (Punk hits him with the mic)

That last segment in Raw was fucking sleep inducing.

Also, I bought tickets for BFG. $25 per seat ain't so bad, and it's quite good for a PPV ticket.

I see promise in TNA's roster, and if it weren't TNA booking the event, Angle/Roode would have so much promise. I'm still excited to see their show live.

and how did Cena get over? By rapping about penises and then being shoved down our throats by the WWE Marketing machine.

I feel violated.

Does it take away from the whole BFG series if Roode doesn't walk away with the title?

If Roode loses does it take away from the entire tournament that went on for what... 3 months? Not an avid TNA fan by any stretch of the imagination but, it just crossed my mind last night. Also, sounds like they blew a golden opportunity by having it be Roode v. Ray instead of Roode v. Storm in the finals. No offense to Bubba Ray Dudley or anything but it would be nearly impossible for me to see him as a viable world champion even with the lil bit of TNA I have seen

[quote name='cdubb1605']Does it take away from the whole BFG series if Roode doesn't walk away with the title?

If Roode loses does it take away from the entire tournament that went on for what... 3 months? Not an avid TNA fan by any stretch of the imagination but, it just crossed my mind last night. Also, sounds like they blew a golden opportunity by having it be Roode v. Ray instead of Roode v. Storm in the finals. No offense to Bubba Ray Dudley or anything but it would be nearly impossible for me to see him as a viable world champion even with the lil bit of TNA I have seen[/QUOTE]

Ray has been working his butt off since they broke up the Dudleys. No joke, he's a great heel in TNA right now. Dude deserves a shot at the title, but so does Roode.

All this talk of TNA is making me want to try and get into it finally. WWE feels so horribly stale and boring right now, that I haven't even watched in a while. Or maybe it's not even "boring" but after squandering the Punk angle, I really don't even feel any enjoyment past 11:05. I'm sure i could have watched tonight and liked Bret's appearance and some other stuff. Problem is, I'm sure if i did watch, I'm sure by now i would have been like "meh, that happened." Maybe if i give TNA a chance right now, I'll see it for what it is, and not just compare it to WWE or dismiss it completely... I dunno. Random thought.

The best thing going in WWE right now is Mark Henry by a country mile. In terms of being the superstrong, dominant unstoppable heel, they've done a solid job there (and he has done a great job in the role).

Shame he's standing against one of WWE's protected class of champions in Randy Orton. So the feud is lackluster because of Orton's presence (therefore the outcome is not in doubt*), not because of Mark Henry.

* The outcome of the feud, I mean. Maybe Henry will win a title. And if so, good for him. I outlined why I think he more than deserves it several weeks ago. That said, the outcome of the long-term feud - that is, Orton leaving the feud with the title and Henry leaving the feud with nothing - is the indisputable outcome here. Just like Christian. What's he doing these days?

Cody Rhodes pinned Randy Orton - the CHAMPION! - in a ten-minute wrestling match. In 14 days, nobody will remember that fact, or worse, people will remember but not care. Cody will be pinning Tyler Reks on WWE Superstars instead. Short term, haphazard booking, not enough jobbers being used.

I'm not ready to bail on TNA, but 10 weeks out from one of the hottest feuds in WWE in *years*, and the product is predictably boring again - and the hottest wrestler in the company is Mark Henry.

Chew on that.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Does it take away from the whole BFG series if Roode doesn't walk away with the title?

If Roode loses does it take away from the entire tournament that went on for what... 3 months? Not an avid TNA fan by any stretch of the imagination but, it just crossed my mind last night. Also, sounds like they blew a golden opportunity by having it be Roode v. Ray instead of Roode v. Storm in the finals. No offense to Bubba Ray Dudley or anything but it would be nearly impossible for me to see him as a viable world champion even with the lil bit of TNA I have seen[/QUOTE]

Sucks that it took Crimson getting hurt in order for it to happen. That's me guessing anyway. I think Roode can be great as a singles competitor and deserves it. Now they just need to have Roode win and get AJ/Joe back in the title picture.

[quote name='advanced']Ray has been working his butt off since they broke up the Dudleys. No joke, he's a great heel in TNA right now. Dude deserves a shot at the title, but so does Roode.[/QUOTE]

Part of it may just be I have a hard time separating Bully Ray from Bubba Ray Dudley. Again though, if Roode doesn't win the title does it take away from the whole point of the tournament?

ROH has a PPV this Saturday, Death Before Dishonor IX. Also, ROH returns to television 9/24. It'll take a little work to find since it's syndicated but, IIRC, it will also be available online since it's only in limited markets.

What really pisses me off is that I was trying to score tickets to Survivor Series, since I live near NYC. They get sold out and about 40% of those tickets belong to scalpers. What does WWE do? They not only allow them to do so, but ENCOURAGE THEM! For those that missed it, for all of us fans complaining to WWE about it, they put on their twitter where we can buy them and linked to a known "re-sale" site. So, instead of $37 for nosebleeds, it's $105! Ringside's the WORST! It jumped from $500-700 to $3,000!

I will tell you this. I will NEVER attend another WWE live event unless they get their shit together and start treating their fans with respect, class, and dignity!

[quote name='neocisco']Why is that?[/QUOTE]

Because I've given TNA many chances over the past couple of years, and they've shit on me time after time.

Don't misconstrue this as me thinking that the 'E can do no wrong. Quite the contrary; they're doing a fucked-up job too, and have ruined one of their best angles in the short span of a month. The difference is that TNA's bullshit smells a lot worse than the WWE's.

"Machine Gun" Karl Anderson and Joey Ryan have been added to the WRP.

Lance Storm will be producing as well. Tapings begin next month in LA.

Must... push... through... never-ending... Matt Hardy... topic...

Wrestling, wrestling, wrestling... hmmm...

I watched the Netflix version of the recent cage match compilation. It jumps from Luger/Flair around 1990 to Triple H/Rock in like 2000 with missing a beat. I was pretty disappointed.

[quote name='JJSP']"Machine Gun" Karl Anderson[/QUOTE]

sweeeeeet. I also hope to see Giant Bernard join him.

This Internet Radio Wrestling Revolution thing sounds pretty awesome if you ask me. I don't know if it has the legs to get off the ground, but the people running the show seem to be making a lot of smart moves in terms of roster, distribution, and starting small. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them.

[quote name='mykevermin']sweeeeeet. I also hope to see Giant Bernard join him.

This Internet Radio Wrestling Revolution thing sounds pretty awesome if you ask me. I don't know if it has the legs to get off the ground, but the people running the show seem to be making a lot of smart moves in terms of roster, distribution, and starting small. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them.[/QUOTE]
According to their Twitter, they've got no plans to do PPV or tour. It'll be strictly web/DVD/Netflix based, 60 minute episodes with no commercials and a 2hr finale. Not sure how long their "season" runs. Sounds interesting if nothing else.

[quote name='JJSP']According to their Twitter, they've got no plans to do PPV or tour. It'll be strictly web/DVD/Netflix based, 60 minute episodes with no commercials and a 2hr finale. Not sure how long their "season" runs. Sounds interesting if nothing else.[/QUOTE]
I think I read it's 13 episodes.

Looking at their roster, I'd say I'm interested. Wondering if there will be any TV taping tickets available for people who didn't donate.

[quote name='mykevermin']The best thing going in WWE right now is Mark Henry by a country mile. In terms of being the superstrong, dominant unstoppable heel, they've done a solid job there (and he has done a great job in the role).

Shame he's standing against one of WWE's protected class of champions in Randy Orton. So the feud is lackluster because of Orton's presence (therefore the outcome is not in doubt*), not because of Mark Henry.

* The outcome of the feud, I mean. Maybe Henry will win a title. And if so, good for him. I outlined why I think he more than deserves it several weeks ago. That said, the outcome of the long-term feud - that is, Orton leaving the feud with the title and Henry leaving the feud with nothing - is the indisputable outcome here. Just like Christian. What's he doing these days?

Cody Rhodes pinned Randy Orton - the CHAMPION! - in a ten-minute wrestling match. In 14 days, nobody will remember that fact, or worse, people will remember but not care. Cody will be pinning Tyler Reks on WWE Superstars instead. Short term, haphazard booking, not enough jobbers being used.

I'm not ready to bail on TNA, but 10 weeks out from one of the hottest feuds in WWE in *years*, and the product is predictably boring again - and the hottest wrestler in the company is Mark Henry.

Chew on that.[/QUOTE]

I think we'll be seeing some 3/4 way matches involving the Smackdown belt if anything. Crowds seem to be taking to Sheamus as a face and his feud with Henry is still unresolved. Rhodes and Orton also now have a reason to keep going after Monday.

Plus I just can't see them doing an Orton/Henry singles Hell in a Cell match next month..Especially since there will probably be one with Punk/H and/or Del Rio/Cena.

[quote name='neocisco']ROH has a PPV this Saturday, Death Before Dishonor IX. Also, ROH returns to television 9/24. It'll take a little work to find since it's syndicated but, IIRC, it will also be available online since it's only in limited markets.[/QUOTE]

Already got DBD IX ordered. Looking greatly forward to both the Edwards vs Strong 2 out of 3 falls match along with the Briscoes vs All Night Express Ladder War match. :D

Plus thankfully my area has an Sinclair owned station so I'm set for ROH's return to TV on the 24th. ROH ROH ROH ROH ROH ROH!!!!

[quote name='mykevermin']This Internet Radio Wrestling Revolution thing sounds pretty awesome if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

50332_212893249979_8820_n.jpg

Someone in the chat one night had an awesome thread title that involved something about strongpimphand in a dress. I can't remember what it was exactly, but it was hilarious. That idea was too good not to be used, so hopefully whoever had it will post it again.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Someone in the chat one night had an awesome thread title that involved something about strongpimphand in a dress. I can't remember what it was exactly, but it was hilarious. That idea was too good not to be used, so hopefully whoever had it will post it again.[/QUOTE]

"The Wrestling Thread is usually a 4 but its an 8 in a dress Strongpimphand memorial thread"

RAW Quick Review - 9/12/11

Miz vs. Kofi - ***1/2 - I really loved the back and forth here until Kofi finally got caught. Really good TV match.

Mcgillicutty/Otunga vs. Lawler/Sheamus - *3/4 - Meh squash. Mcgillicutty sold like a champ.

Hart/Cena vs. Del Rio/Ricardo - *1/2 - The only good thing about thing was Ricardo. Waste of time.

Orton/Rhodes - ** - Henry was the best thing about the match. They really built up the drama of Orton being distracted and it really made Henry look like a big deal. Furthermore, Henry eyeballing Orton like a hunter stalking his prey really made this segment for me. And that chairshot after the match? Ouch.

[quote name='diddy310']"The Wrestling Thread is usually a 4 but its an 8 in a dress Strongpimphand memorial thread"[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, that's it. Make it happen.

[quote name='diddy310']"The Wrestling Thread is usually a 4 but its an 8 in a dress Strongpimphand memorial thread"[/QUOTE]

Make it so. I laughed so hard in chat that night. The divas look better is dressed thread must be made. I expect the Bella Twins in the first post along with Tamina ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back