The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (360) $5.99 Microsoft Store

Ordered.  THAT was an impulse buy. Never played any of the XCOM games.  Is this the first one? Third one?

Thanks OP, grabbed one. I was actually about to buy this game on Amazon for $13. Thank God I didn't :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know when I'll get around to playing it, but the Giant Bomb quick look made it look like Mass Effect combat and it seemed decent.

The latter levels may get difficult because your squad have baby peanuts for brains. Other than that, it's an okay game for $6. 

Just picked this up during a recent Humble bundle.  Tempting to get it on the 360 just because I primarily game on console instead of PC, but I don't know..

I love traditional Xcom games. Just know this is nothing like the others. It's just a below-average third person shooter.

Argh...

"We’re having trouble processing your order. Please call us at 1-877-696-7786 so we can help you. Error code: 30225"

It's $6... I've paid more for a shitty McDonald's meal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two different CS Reps couldn't figure out what was causing me to get Error 30225 at Checkout.

How aggravating. Anyone else have this problem?

The gameplay isn't perfect but I absolutely love the time period and setting and think the plot is pretty interesting so far.  $6 for a console hardcopy, just do it.... just do it.

;)

Anyone else having trouble logging into MS store?  Was going to see if the game was still in stock - however, the link above and the more generic Microsoft Store web address are both giving dead links in my browsers.  Um ... Microsoft with site issues - DOH!

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really liked this game. You can't play it like a third-person shooter - you have to be willing to constantly give your squad members orders. It becomes pretty fun when you start discovering synergy between the different skills your squad has.

If you try to play it without ever really utilizing "battle focus" (or whatever they call it), you will be disappointed. It wasn't meant to be played that way, and judging by the Youtube Let's Plays I've seen, a lot of people unfortunately played it that way. I also think the game would have fared much better if it hadn't been called "X-Com".

Also, The Bureau is far from the worst X-Com game - I'm guessing the majority of you haven't played Enforcer.

The worst one in the series
You haven't played all of them then

The latter levels may get difficult because your squad have baby peanuts for brains. Other than that, it's an okay game for $6.
They have peanuts for brains because you are supposed to issue them commands. Once you get around to using skills effectively everything is cake, even on the hardest difficulty.

But yea, clunky cheap man's Mass Effect seems about right.

Well worth $6.  Paid around $15 and felt that it was worth it (wouldn't want to pay any more though). Not a blockbuster game but it's well made and has a cool 1960's vibe to it.

This game can't be that great, it was in humble bundle a few weeks back at the pay more then a dollar price.

I received the game last week, it's fun... not compelling though. You can see the greatness underneath, and how it was compromised to appease.

this game is why I hate the internet community, I get that there was a game titled "XCOM" and you really liked it, and therefore when a spinoff was made you cried and cried and peed all over it. However the game tha declassified started out to be was brilliant looking, and one of those games that I was very excited about. You got what you wanted, you killed a game and got something that isn't quite anything.

yay.

ps. you got an xcom game, it was exactly what you wanted, this game was tanked for no reason.

bread's done
Back