The CAG Fancast: Episode 1, "Labor Daze" (September 1, 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, fuck. I got Twen'd again. Despite the fact that I called and messaged Chase several times, and canceled my plans for the day in order to record, he dropped me without even saying a word to me. Truly classy.

His excuse was, "Things happen." Apparently, "things happen" means him not responding to me and then choosing to abandon me without the courtesy of notifying me. I can honestly say that, of all the people on here, I never expected this from Chase. I'm just incredibly disappointed in him as a person, and it saddens me to think that he could do something so low.

[quote name='Mojimbo']:rofl:

Is this a lame attempt at a publicity stunt?[/QUOTE]

Nope, sadly, it's the truth. Chase bitched out on me.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, fuck. I got Twen'd again. Despite the fact that I called and messaged Chase several times, and canceled my plans for the day in order to record, he dropped me without even saying a word to me. Truly classy.

His excuse was, "Things happen." Apparently, "things happen" means him not responding to me and then choosing to abandon me without the courtesy of notifying me. I can honestly say that, of all the people on here, I never expected this from Chase. I'm just incredibly disappointed in him as a person, and it saddens me to think that he could do something so low.[/quote]

Wow the op sounds like a douche. Thats not cool and very unprofessional to do to you. As much as i hated the idea of cagcast wannabees this tears it. No one tune into these assclowns!

PodCAST Genious,

This will be great. Listening to Matt and Chase(which I don't know) will be really fun while eating oreos and surfing the net. I really like chatting with Matt he's a cool dude, and he respects my addiction to whipping ass. Oh well good luck to all of you I hope your Podcast is successful, I will definitely tune in.

Franky

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Matt. I expected better out of you than to present a lopsided statement that favors your perspective. :nottalking:

I think it's only fair that I show everyone the chat in entirely and not just cropped for your own advantage.

Here's the AIM conversation we had:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/omvx3q

X Matt Young X (11:09:55 PM): :whistle2:\
X Matt Young X (11:10:28 PM): What the hell, man?
Chase Murata (11:12:29 PM): Hey Matt!
Chase Murata (11:12:32 PM): Sorry about that.
Chase Murata (11:12:39 PM): Weird scheduling on my part.
Chase Murata (11:13:05 PM): Sorry about the trouble, sir. It was just weird circumstances that lead to new things.
Chase Murata (11:13:12 PM): Mostly my fault.
X Matt Young X (11:13:30 PM): Leading to recording without me, without me knowing?
X Matt Young X (11:13:39 PM): You asked me to be the co-host.
Chase Murata (11:14:50 PM): Yeah. I wasn't actively checking my G-mail enough. Sorry about this. But hey, man, thanks. You have my sincerest apologies.
Chase Murata (11:15:12 PM): It was just a bunch of weird shit that happened real quickly.
X Matt Young X (11:15:29 PM): Leading to me getting Twen'd again.
X Matt Young X (11:15:40 PM): At least i got to do one episode with him.
Chase Murata (11:16:46 PM): Hey man, it's a bit different than with Twen. I had planned things to be with you.
Chase Murata (11:16:54 PM): So much that I spent a lot of time on that graphic.
Chase Murata (11:17:07 PM): Unfortunately, happenings happen.
Chase Murata (11:17:08 PM): =/
X Matt Young X (11:17:41 PM): It was your choice! And you still haven't told me what happened. It's supposed to be a CAG Fancast. Where does this "Steve" come in?
Chase Murata (11:19:13 PM): Yeah, Steve's a real good friend of mine. So I just opted for an option that could get on ASAP. In regards to the format, I represent CAG and he represents an outsider perspective.
Chase Murata (11:19:22 PM): Hey man, no offense intended. Things just happen.
X Matt Young X (11:20:26 PM): Thingsdidn't just happen, though. You made a conscious decision and didn't even bother to tell me. I was available all day waiting for you, and then you just dropped me without a word.
Chase Murata (11:21:17 PM): Hey now, I was also waiting all day writing out the script. We just didn't connect by the time I felt was way past the point of waiting.
X Matt Young X (11:22:08 PM): I sent you messages on MySpace and CAG, looked for you on AIM and Skype, and called you.
X Matt Young X (11:22:28 PM): All by the time I said I would.
Chase Murata (11:23:23 PM): I understand your distress, but it's really not a big deal. You have a FANTASTIC recording voice. Shit, man, you could start something on your own, and I'd listen if it was you just shooting the shit about garden supplies.
X Matt Young X (11:24:56 PM): The fact is, I fulfilled my end of things and you totally fucked me over. And I take it very personally. With Twen, I was just mad/annoyed. With you, it hurts. I'm just really, really disappointed.
Chase Murata (11:27:09 PM): Well, man, I'm sorry you're upset.
X Matt Young X (11:33:09 PM): Way too little, way too late.
Chase Murata (11:33:51 PM): Fair enough.
X Matt Young X went away at 11:35:45 PM
X Matt Young X (11:35:49 PM): I'm just sorry I trusted you.
Chase Murata (11:37:30 PM): Come on now. That's a little melodramatic, yo.
X Matt Young X (11:37:31 PM): Sleeping... Leave a message.
Chase Murata (11:38:31 PM): I apologized for what I did. I really don't dig passive-aggressiveness. Either come out and say what you need to, or chill out. There is too much drama for the 'Nets, Matt. You're better than this.

If anything, you're portraying a "Twen" to "my Simon".

Matt, do you realize you're getting bent out of shape over a podcast? A podcast. Say it out loud, "a podcast." That is a bit silly. You are 24 years old, man. Do you really think it is necessary for such melodrama? Seriously now.

Once again, you have a great speaking voice and could make garden equipment sound interesting.

It is a shame you had to react to things in a such an immature fashion. I expected better out of you, Matt. Chill out, and catch me on the flip side. ;)

I didn't post it here and wasn't going to- especially not in "cropped" fashion- because I didn't deem it necessary. I didn't want to have any more drama on the boards, especially after Trakan and I had a discussion over PM regarding the Twen threads.

It's not just over a podcast. It's over you and your actions as a person, which I didn't expect from you. I considered you a friend, and you screwed me over.You getting another co-host and not telling me is pretty immature and irresponsible. Do not try to turn this around on me. That's bullshit.

I didn't present a lopsided statement that favors my perspective. I posted the truth. Just because you said "sorry" doesn't absolve you of guilt. Everyone else (even after reading this post, since I was notified by a friend) agrees with me. And these are people who know us both.

[quote name='chasemurata']Well, Matt. I expected better out of you than to present a lopsided statement that favors your perspective. :nottalking:

I think it's only fair that I show everyone the chat in entirely and not just cropped for your own advantage.

Here's the AIM conversation we had:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/omvx3q

X Matt Young X (11:09:55 PM): :whistle2:\
X Matt Young X (11:10:28 PM): What the hell, man?
Chase Murata (11:12:29 PM): Hey Matt!
Chase Murata (11:12:32 PM): Sorry about that.
Chase Murata (11:12:39 PM): Weird scheduling on my part.
Chase Murata (11:13:05 PM): Sorry about the trouble, sir. It was just weird circumstances that lead to new things.
Chase Murata (11:13:12 PM): Mostly my fault.
X Matt Young X (11:13:30 PM): Leading to recording without me, without me knowing?
X Matt Young X (11:13:39 PM): You asked me to be the co-host.
Chase Murata (11:14:50 PM): Yeah. I wasn't actively checking my G-mail enough. Sorry about this. But hey, man, thanks. You have my sincerest apologies.
Chase Murata (11:15:12 PM): It was just a bunch of weird shit that happened real quickly.
X Matt Young X (11:15:29 PM): Leading to me getting Twen'd again.
X Matt Young X (11:15:40 PM): At least i got to do one episode with him.
Chase Murata (11:16:46 PM): Hey man, it's a bit different than with Twen. I had planned things to be with you.
Chase Murata (11:16:54 PM): So much that I spent a lot of time on that graphic.
Chase Murata (11:17:07 PM): Unfortunately, happenings happen.
Chase Murata (11:17:08 PM): =/
X Matt Young X (11:17:41 PM): It was your choice! And you still haven't told me what happened. It's supposed to be a CAG Fancast. Where does this "Steve" come in?
Chase Murata (11:19:13 PM): Yeah, Steve's a real good friend of mine. So I just opted for an option that could get on ASAP. In regards to the format, I represent CAG and he represents an outsider perspective.
Chase Murata (11:19:22 PM): Hey man, no offense intended. Things just happen.
X Matt Young X (11:20:26 PM): Thingsdidn't just happen, though. You made a conscious decision and didn't even bother to tell me. I was available all day waiting for you, and then you just dropped me without a word.
Chase Murata (11:21:17 PM): Hey now, I was also waiting all day writing out the script. We just didn't connect by the time I felt was way past the point of waiting.
X Matt Young X (11:22:08 PM): I sent you messages on MySpace and CAG, looked for you on AIM and Skype, and called you.
X Matt Young X (11:22:28 PM): All by the time I said I would.
Chase Murata (11:23:23 PM): I understand your distress, but it's really not a big deal. You have a FANTASTIC recording voice. Shit, man, you could start something on your own, and I'd listen if it was you just shooting the shit about garden supplies.
X Matt Young X (11:24:56 PM): The fact is, I fulfilled my end of things and you totally fucked me over. And I take it very personally. With Twen, I was just mad/annoyed. With you, it hurts. I'm just really, really disappointed.
Chase Murata (11:27:09 PM): Well, man, I'm sorry you're upset.
X Matt Young X (11:33:09 PM): Way too little, way too late.
Chase Murata (11:33:51 PM): Fair enough.
X Matt Young X went away at 11:35:45 PM
X Matt Young X (11:35:49 PM): I'm just sorry I trusted you.
Chase Murata (11:37:30 PM): Come on now. That's a little melodramatic, yo.
X Matt Young X (11:37:31 PM): Sleeping... Leave a message.
Chase Murata (11:38:31 PM): I apologized for what I did. I really don't dig passive-aggressiveness. Either come out and say what you need to, or chill out. There is too much drama for the 'Nets, Matt. You're better than this.

If anything, you're portraying a "Twen" to "my Simon".

Matt, do you realize you're getting bent out of shape over a podcast? A podcast. Say it out loud, "a podcast." That is a bit silly. You are 24 years old, man. Do you really think it is necessary for such melodrama? Seriously now.

Once again, you have a great speaking voice and could make garden equipment sound interesting.

It is a shame you had to react to things in a such an immature fashion. I expected better out of you, Matt. Chill out, and catch me on the flip side. ;)[/QUOTE]

Quoted for posterity. It's like a pre-teen girls' sleep over in this thread.

In any event, Episode 1 is up! :mrgreen:

Negative, positive, a sigh of indifference, any feedback would be very much appreciated.

[quote name='Rocko']I guess chasemurata isn't Matt Youngin' it.[/QUOTE]

rimshot.gif

[quote name='thorbahn3']Chase, this is weird.[/QUOTE]

If you think this is weird, you sir need to add me as a friend and play some live with me!

Before any more podcasts are made that try and ride the CAGcast coattails, the people making the podcast need to be on the same page and they need to clear things with Cheapy or someone else. This is absolutely ridiculous and reflects badly on yourself and others.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Before any more podcasts are made that try and ride the CAGcast coattails, the people making the podcast need to be on the same page and they need to clear things with Cheapy or someone else. This is absolutely ridiculous and reflects badly on yourself and others.[/QUOTE]

We were on the same page at first after he asked me to co-host. I have messages that verify that. It's just that, somewhere along the line, Chase decided to fuck me over and isn't even man enough to claim responsibility for his own actions.

I don't think someone with such poor moral values should be representing the CAG name, along with the fact that the co-host he replaced me with unannounced is not a CAG.

It makes me look bad because, even though I'm in the right, I get bashed for being childish for talking about it on the forums. I, the supposed co-host, get shit on. The community looks bad, and the mods have to deal with problems that should not be present in the first place. It's lose-lose all around.

EDIT: Chase's behavior is just strange all around. I had deleted him as a friend on Facebook earlier, but it turns out he deleted his whole page at some point after that. To be honest, although I am obviously not a fan of his right now, I'm a little worried. This is all very weird and unlike him. I hope it's not a sign of some serious mental or emotional issues. He seems unstable at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']We were on the same page at first after he asked me to co-host. I have messages that verify that. It's just that, somewhere along the line, Chase decided to fuck me over and isn't even man enough to claim responsibility for his own actions.

I don't think someone with such poor moral values should be representing the CAG name, along with the fact that the co-host he replaced me with unannounced is not a CAG.

It makes me look bad because, even though I'm in the right, I get bashed for being childish for talking about it on the forums. I, the supposed co-host, get shit on. The community looks bad, and the mods have to deal with problems that should not be present in the first place. It's lose-lose all around.

EDIT: Chase's behavior is just strange all around. I had deleted him as a friend on Facebook earlier, but it turns out he deleted his whole page. This is all very weird. :whistle2:\[/quote]

I see what you're trying to do, Matt. You are no different than the spoiled students I deal with at work who try to ruin things for others when they don't get their way.

Why you chose to take this so seriously is your problem. You have chosen to take a fun, simple podcast so seriously to the point where it leads you to make sharp comments about a person you do not even know. Is your self-esteem that low? Read your portion in the AIM chat on Page 2. Do you really live in such a world where the little things lead to such drama? If so, you have my pity. It would explain your childish demeanor. Get off your cross, Matt.

And Matt, I blocked you at Facebook. Why would I delete my Facebook account over this? Is your ego that big, Matt? Put things into perspective, and if this is still a big deal to you, I recommend seeing my friend who is a professional psychologist, as it roots deeper.

No matter what you say, you did him dirty. You told him you wanted to do a podcast thread with him and now you aren't. All you ended up doing was trying to get cheap publicity for yourself.

No more podcast threads until people work shit out beforehand and have shit iron clad. This isn't funny and it is getting old and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back