The CAG Wrestling Thread is Trending Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss those years because you had two promotions and tons of content to keep interest going. At times there was so much crap on from both promotions but it didn't matter.

Okay, now I wish we had an animated Hawk gif to go with the Kane one...maybe even both combined to face each other.

Side note: Being this sick sucks. I have zero energy. UG. Maybe I'll go home early and watch Royal Rumble matches.

WWE 12 patch notes:

General Gameplay

Fixed an issue where the ring texture would flash black or different colors
Addressed multiple Finisher system bugs in which players were awarded too many or too few Finishers
Fixed an issue where the Defender would freeze if the Right Stick was pressed in any direction while being Irish Whipped
Fixed an issue where two Superstars in a pin sequence swapped positions when an interfering Superstar woke the referee as he/she was standing
Fixed an issue where Superstars would freeze if certain running corner attacks were performed in the Royal Rumble
Both attacks in the Running Strikes and Running Grapples categories should now trigger consistently
Fixed several situations where a created Superstar’s move set was being improperly reset to default settings
Fixed several instances where players could Irish Whip their opponents through the Cell and/or Barricade
Fixed an issue that caused Superstars to freeze when a Finisher was performed
Sound is now working correctly after restarting a Brawl
Tuned pin escape mini-game in Elimination Chamber matches. Players can now escape after being hit with a Finisher.
Fixed a problem where tables were not properly re-spawning in Tables matches (PS3 only)
Fixed cameras for environmental weapons attacks
Various gameplay bug fixes

Universe Mode

Brands can now consist entirely of created Superstars. However, match card creation still requires players to use Superstars with at least one of each crowd reaction setting (‘boo’ and ‘cheer’) to properly book matches.
The Draft option now functions properly
Lowered the frequency of injuries in Universe Mode
Addressed issue where Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank winners were not getting their title shots at WrestleMania and/or the option to cash in Money in the Bank
Fixed various crashes to help improve overall stability of Universe Mode
Various Universe Mode bug fixes

Made numerous improvements to help improve stability and reliability of Community Creations.
General stability improvements in Royal Rumble matches

Miscellaneous

Fixed an issue where the DLC versions of Edge and Christian’s entrance animations were replaced by Alberto Del Rio’s animations if edits were made to their music and/or mini-tron
Players can now edit a created Superstar’s move set after viewing the model in Community Creations
Resolved several issues with Divas entrances
Props can now be disabled during entrances
Fixed several issues with Custom Soundtracks
General stability improvements in Story Designer Mode

So now that the whole "custom superstars only" for shows is getting fixed, I've been spending most of the day downloading WCW and ECW guys and prepping themes. I'm super excited. I need to find more themes, though. Specifically a good version of Jarrett's "Chosen one" WCW theme. Not sure how the "one heel/one face" thing will work. That might be an issue.

Hoping they also fixed the allies/rivals bug as well.

Oh, and for all of our trouble, they're throwing in old school Kane for free.

2w39dvr.jpg

[quote name='davo1224']The best shoots for me are always the ones where random agendas/stories pop up. I still don't know why Jake Roberts hates Chris Jericho so much. Sid said two or three years ago that he wanted to return to SmackDown and hold that show's top belt for two years. Eddie Guerrero recounts the time where he heard Paul Orndorff's flip flops smacking against Vader's head.[/QUOTE]

CM Punk/Samoa Joe immediately springs to mind. I really should get to watching London/Kendrick's interview, I have no idea why I keep procrastinating it.

Thanks.

Waiting to head out to the bar, watched Impact for the first time in ages. Alex Shelley looked *good* against Zema Ion or however TNA wants to spell it.

[quote name='JJSP']In today's news-thats-not-really-news, CM Punk broke up with Beth Phoenix a few months back and is now publicly calling her a "douchebag".
[/QUOTE]

You know, in his defense it is easier to spot a transition in someone when you've gone through it yourself...

Dug the opening video thoroughly recapping the past few weeks of main event angles just about perfectly. The Hardy-Bully brawl as every backstage fight ever in the Attitude era. Well, outside of Hardy trying to choke Bully do death with a broomstick, and Bully sitting in a schoolchair while Roode drove up in an area clearly marked with a NO VEHICLE TRAFFIC sign. Loved Storm saving Hardy, then throwing Roode into a steel barricade attached to NOTHING. It was just set up backstage for some reason. Heels ran wind and then Sting came up to kick ass in a swank denim outfit. GO STING! Show intro came up out of nowhere and then Velvet came out to make her in-ring return IN PANTS. BOO! Tara came out dressed like a WWE Tag Title belt. LOLed at Mickie and Tara doing 'O Collor rolls in maybe three minutes. A tremendous ad for SHOPTNA involving booty and Robbie E being rejected by Velvet aired because Valentine's Day is coming up, which means 2 more months of these ads - I approve. It turns out the Bully/Hardy brawl occurred in the commercial's incredibly white set with red velvet around it. Tara won after hitting the spinning sideslam on Velvet onto Mickie - very memorable finish for a KO match. Gail said she looked forward to facing Tara at the PPV and Sting looked mad.

Then they replayed some of the brawl from earlier and I noticed that they had a barb wire board randomly placed backstage during it. Sting, Hardy, and Storm came out sans theme, pyro, and ballyhoo because they were all pissed off and had stuff to say. AWESOME. Sting demanded the heels come out and yet another brawl broke out - I approve, these brawls have been pretty good. Sting tried to calm things down through Bully, but it led to more fighting. Roode started shit, but got choked by Sting with the bat, leading to a Bully/Roode-Hardy/Storm tag match. Storm said one sentence and then YET ANOTHER BRAWL happened. This one led to it being a table match. This was a bunch of dudes looking for ANY reason to fight, then getting that reason and brawling - loved it. TNA action figure ad, featuring LEGEND OF THE RING - TERRY TAYLOR aired. Ruled. Winter and Angelina tried to seduce EY, but he was wise to them and came prepared for Angelina's low blow with ODB's cup. Because she's a dude. EY's outsmarted three people - Gunner, Angelina, and Winter now. Go EY! Zema's new gimmick is that he's a douche with a new Geri curl and a blue and purple feathery vest who also stole HBK's pants and gave them stupid colors. Ion freaked out after a shot to the face ala HBK and Martel at the '92 Summerslam - only with an even better freakout. Match had a really good pace to it and Shelley won with the Sliced Bread #2. That reminded me of just how much better Shelley is than Kendrick at everything. So glad to get Shelley back instead of Kendrick. AJ bitched and moaned about shit. God he's an unlikeable guy. Tara cut a bad promo that, thankfully, they cut around instead of like Mickie's a couple weeks ago where they didn't and it just sucked. Also, Tara looked old here, even shrouded in darkness. Sometimes, that Reaction cam just doesn't do favors for folks.

A minute of a Garett-Eric skit aired teasing the reveal of Garett's trainer. Maybe it's LEGEND OF THE RING TERRY TAYLOR! Show came back so Taz and Tenay could set up the video that they just showed a clip for...why not air this later? And then the clip lasted maybe ten more seconds than the clip did and didn't reveal the trainer. Makes sense to save the big reveal brother for next week in Wembley, but the execution was stupid. Also, Eric looked ridiculous in a yellow shirt. EY and ODB faced Winter and Angelina, which started with EY tagging Earl in, then out, then he got locked up with and Taz said for a guy with 75 years in the business, he'd know how to lock up. Taz is so great at calling EY matches. They stalled for a while with wacky stuff before ODB tagged in. The crowd was legit hot for everything in this thing. Match went on a while, and ended after a great finish with stereo Airplane spins leading to the TKO from ODB. Roode and Bully had a backstage bit that not only built up tonight's main event, but also the C story of Bully wanting a title shot, implying he'll win it from Roode, but plausibly denying it, and then neither guy trusted the other to not jump them from behind. What an awesome pairing this is. They aired a tremendous Lockdown history video again because tickets go on sale tomorrow - this really made you want to see the PPV. It's a shame there are two other ones before it. Annoying Morgan and Crimson video aired. It was mainly Crimson-heavy, and he came off like an unjustified braggart.

Joe came out to face Morgan while Christy looked uber-hot in a black and gold leather number. Morgan has a new shirt that looks awful in black - in doesn't match his white and blue gear that he wears all the time now, and since the image of his face on it has white highlights, they should've just made the shirt white to begin with. Match was okay, and Morgan won with a clothesline that sucked, really ending the match in an anti-climactic way. Then Joe and Magnus, who lost on the PPV and then EACH LOST ONE ON ONE MATCHES WITH THE CHAMPIONS CLEAN beat up the champs to provide SOME reason for a PPV rematch. Ugh. Then they hyped up an AJ promo next. Goddammit. YAY, ANOTHER SHOPTNA AD AIRED! This one had Winter in some nice lingerie and with Robbie E being more heartbroken. That was a win. Then AJ came out to bitch, then Daniels yelled and said all AJ does was bitch, and that's all he's done for 10 years. Then AJ trusted Kaz to hit him, Daniels tried, got hit, and yelled. This sucked and dragged on forever. Kane's beating of Ryder passed by faster than this. Main event was about as good a tag team tables match as is possible. It furthered the Hardy-Ray and Roode-Storm stuff. Loved the super bomb being built up before it was done and after via the EMTs coming out.

Screens -

Terry Taylor draws his biggest crowd ever.

KTHXNO

Quotes -
Ray - THROW ‘IM IN THA TRUCK!
Taz - No fancy bronze outfit for Mickie - she’s all about dungarees. Or jeans as the kids call ‘em.
Tenay - You’re all about dungarees.
Sting - BULLY RAY AND ROODE, I NEED YOU OUT HERE NOW - COME ON OUT! YOU, MOVE THERE! MOVE! GET OVER THERE! Storm, come over here! GET OVER HERE! THIS IS THE LINE, YOU TWO STAY THERE AND YOU TWO STAY THERE!
Ray - SCREW YOU AND THE FRICKIN LINE!
Storm - SHUT DA HELL UP FAT BOY!
Storm - Sting, let’s make this a tables match! Whadya say?
Sting - What do I say!? WHAT DO YOU SAY!? LET’S HAVE A TABLES MATCH TONIGHT!
Taz - luchador style there, right Mike?
Tenay - …exactly!
Taz - Nice delayed reaction.
Ion - NOT MY FACE! CUT THE CAMERA! DON’T RECORD THIS!
Taz - It’s all about the hair. He was telling me he got this new haircut.
Tenay - YOU AND HIM TALKED ABOUT HAIR!?
Taz - You’d think for a guy with 75 years in the business, Earl would know how to lock up. Sorry, 74.
Taz - I said it last week and I’ll say it again - go to see an EY match and it’s like a Harlem Glow…
Tenay - Easy for you to say.
Taz - Globetrotter…yeah…
Taz - BRITCHES DOWN! IT’S ON NOW!
Taz - I just wish he’d get bigger trunks. BIGGER. TRUNKS!
Taz - ODB got stuck in the second rope and still got her junk in the face of Angelina. Can I say junk?
Tenay - You just did.
Taz - You got to any Waffle House and there’s a picture of ODB and EY.
Tenay - Do they sign 8x10s?
Taz - Nah, they’re too cheap - they go with 5x7s!
Taz - KICKED HER RIGHT IN THE LOWER REGION!
Tenay - Can you imagine the post-match celebration?
Taz - I’d rather pass on hearing about or seeing it, thank you.
Bully - WHEN DID YOUR PARTNER GROW A SET OF BALLS!? I THOUGHT YOU TAUGHT HIM BETTA!
Roode - I didn’t!
Bully - I ALWAYS KEPT DEVON IN CHECK! Why you worried?
Roode - I’m not worried!
Bully - YOU’RE THE TNA CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!
Roode - Yeah!
Bully - Not for long.
Roode - What?
Bully - Nothing. Let’s go.
Roode - You first.
Bully - No, you.
Roode - We’ll go together - 1.
Bully - 2.
Roode - 3!
Tenay - Was that a wise move there? A head butt to SAMOA Joe!?
Taz - Morgan probably shouldn’t look at his wrist like he has a watch on.
Tenay - HE GOT THE 3 COUNT OFF THE CLOTHESLINE!?
AJ - 2 weeks ago I asked why! WHY WOULD KAZ TURN HIS BACK ON ME!? LAST WEEK, KAZ TOOK MY HEAD OFF WITH A CLOTHESLINE WHILE I WAS WRESTLING GUNNER! AND I don't know what words mean ABOUT KAZARIAN! Then I saw the tape and saw someone telling him what to do, LIKE A DAWG! WHY WAS DANIELS TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO AND WHY WAS KAZARIAN ALLOWING IT!? (Daniels comes out)
Taz - Kazarian can’t make eye contact with AJ - it’s like he’s held hostage.
Daniels - AJ…
Crowd - AJ AJ AJ!
Daniels - Isn’t this familiar? AJ with a mic complaining! ISN’T THIS A FAMILIAR SONG YOU’RE SINGING!? HAVEN’T YOU BEEN SINGING THIS SONG FOR 10 YEARS WHEN THINGS DON’T GO YOUR WAY!? YOU GRAB A MIC AND COMPLAIN FOR ANYONE TO HEAR! WHETHER IT’S STING, DIXIE, OR ANYONE - THEN IF THE GOLDEN BOY DOESN’T GET HIS WAY, YOU THROW A TANTRUM! YOU THROW MICS AT ATHLETES, FISTS OR CHAIRS OR WHATEVER! AJ, we’re not playing that game. Frankie doesn’t owe you any answers. HE DOESN’T OWE YOU A DAMNED THING!
AJ - That’s fine. There’s other ways of getting answers.
Daniels - THROW SOME MORE FISTS! ISN’T THAT HOW YA DO IT IN GAINESVILLE, GA!? THAT’S WHAT THESE DUMDUMS WOULD DO!
AJ - I got a better way - Frankie, I’ll turn myb ack, allow you to step in here and take my head off. I’M GONNA GET AN ANSWER FROM YOU RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!
Daniels - DO IT, TAKE HIS HEAD OFF! MOVE!
AJ - Frankie, get in here, shake my hand, and we’ll forget about all of it!
Daniels - YOU’VE HIT ME FOR THE LAST TIME! I’M GONNA GO TO STING AND PROPOSE A MATCH THAT’LL END THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL - AJ VERSUS FRANKIE KAZARIAN! NOW GO TO STING’S OFFICE AND ASK FOR IT NOW!
Tenay - AS WE RETURN FROM THE BREAK, IT HAS BEEN MORE OF THE SAME!
Taz - Storm’s still got some sting behind those punches. No pun intended with the sting.

[quote name='JJSP']Hulk Hogan could have been in Metallica.[/QUOTE]

I'm too busy laughing, picturing Hogan's guitar-playing skills from such videos as "Real American" and "Stand Back."

Interesting bit of trivia.. @sethmates, former WWE creative writer, confirmed today that the ending of the 05 Rumble was botched. Batista was supposed to win clean. So that means that the reactions from Cena and Batista, the ref's confusion and Vince storming angrily to the ring - all legit.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You know, in his defense it is easier to spot a transition in someone when you've gone through it yourself...[/QUOTE]

Also in his defense, she was a complete douche to Chelsea Handler for no reason whatsoever.

Anyway, here are some pops I like.

[quote name='Scorch']Interesting bit of trivia.. @sethmates, former WWE creative writer, confirmed today that the ending of the 05 Rumble was botched. Batista was supposed to win clean. So that means that the reactions from Cena and Batista, the ref's confusion and Vince storming angrily to the ring - all legit.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that was new news. I thought that was well known with the story on how Vince tore both of his quads I believe. He'd been sitting there stiff at Gorilla position (possibly in more ways than one), then had to rush out there and do his exaggerated Vince walk and whatnot, and ended up tearing his quads getting into the ring.

That aside, regardless of when the news broke that it was botched, it is pretty crazy that it was botched because the referees and Cena and Batista had that all down pat, from the dueling hand raises to them both tossing each other before Vince was out of the ring, etc. I guess the one give away would be Batista's hand getting raised first and the refs looking confused at Cena, and no one raising Cena's hand until they were back in the ring, and by that point, who knows how fast Vince or someone else at Gorilla position called the audible into a referee's earpiece to make the aforementioned stuff happen.

Isn't that when Vince was sitting in the corner due to the torn quads? Him just sitting like that and not really doing anything was completely out of character and was a dead giveaway that things had gone wrong. It seemed pretty obvious to me at least.

The referees all immediately say Cena hit first, but then they raise his hand anyway, which could lead you to believe they improvised the whole part in the ring. On the other hand, the way Batista tried to powerbomb him made it obvious they were both going to go over. It also cuts to Vince pretty much the second he's out the curtain, which means a camera was filming the stage while nothing was, supposedly, going to be happening. I also think it's interesting that he doesn't throw his jacket down until the spotlight is on him, or that he's carrying it at all. He also asks "what the hell is going on here" which doesn't sound like something he'd be saying at that moment if they just ruined the Royal Rumble.

My conclusion? *shrug*

The Cena/Batista thing has been known as a botched finish for as long as I remember.

I really want to edit the band photo on the inside of Kill 'Em All to include Hogan in Cliff Burton's spot.

Hogan could have pressed that dirty stinky nasty bus over his head to avoid death.

[quote name='neocisco']Isn't that when Vince was sitting in the corner due to the torn quads? Him just sitting like that and not really doing anything was completely out of character and was a dead giveaway that things had gone wrong. It seemed pretty obvious to me at least.[/QUOTE]

God I get a kick out of that video. The weird thing about it though is while he's sitting there in the corner he doesn't appear to be in too much pain; he seems more annoyed than anything. "I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon god damn it, who told you quads you could quit on me!"

[quote name='Survivalism'] It also cuts to Vince pretty much the second he's out the curtain, which means a camera was filming the stage while nothing was, supposedly, going to be happening. I also think it's interesting that he doesn't throw his jacket down until the spotlight is on him, or that he's carrying it at all. He also asks "what the hell is going on here" which doesn't sound like something he'd be saying at that moment if they just ruined the Royal Rumble.

My conclusion? *shrug*[/QUOTE]

If you watch it, though, the camera that cuts to the entrance way is nowhere near the actual entrance. It's a far shot, likely from a camera down near the ring. The rest of that, to me, can be summed up by saying that Vince, even when shit goes wrong, is still one hell of a showman. He looked at the situation, realized it was easily salvageable, and went out to play Mr. McMahon. If Vince had looked like he was truly losing his shit (cursing, etc), the entire thing would've fallen apart. If anything, I view this as one of the reasons that Vince is (or was) so good at the job.

The quad thing, though, is still funny. That bewildered look while he sits there is pricelss. Plus, really, I cringe every time I see him go down.

The only thing about the incident that I'm not certain of is just *how* botched it was. These are the two guys that were scheduled to head to WM21 for title matches. Batista was going to go over, but how strong was Cena meant to look? That's a tough call, simply because Batista was HHH's pet project at the time... it makes sense to have both guys look great, but would they have lessened Cena to make HHH's successor look good? In 2005, who the fuck knows. I guess that's the question... did Batista simply lose control and fall back on the ropes, or did Cena screw up by holding onto the ropes for too long? Was it a combination of both? Things got fucked up, but I've never been clear on what the original vision for that actually was.

Moving to the Beth Phoenix/Punk thing, I have to wonder if that's why Beth got suddenly and hugely depushed in the fall. If I remember correctly, that was right around the time when Kelly started running a train on her and Natalya, right? It all seemed so bizarre, but knowing that she apparently pissed off the guy who had huge company momentum might've had something to do with that.

Maybe it is old news, but I thought they were just doing the old Hart/Luger finish again. I didn't know that it was a legitimate botch. I thought that they scripted the whole thing - two winners, Vince coming out and saying "this can't happen again!" and ordering them to restart the match.

I guess that says a lot for how well they played it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Maybe it is old news, but I thought they were just doing the old Bulldog/Luger finish again. I didn't know that it was a legitimate botch. I thought that they scripted the whole thing - two winners, Vince coming out and saying "this can't happen again!" and ordering them to restart the match.

I guess that says a lot for how well they played it off.[/QUOTE]

It was Bret/Luger.

The one ref pointed to Cena and raised his hand, saw that the other ref was doing the same thing, and then immediately switched to Batista.

LOLLLLLLLLL.

They're all saying Cena hit first, but then the Smackdown referees raise his hand anyway. It obviously all points to it being botched, I just can't figure out what the hell they were going for with the powerbomb.

Doing some late night Friday work and watching RR2003. 9 years later, Triple H v Scott Steiner was *worse* than I remember it being. A fucking dreadful match. You know why it's worth watching? What it says about Triple H's legacy as champion, and how he so very clearly politicked his way around the company at the time. The crowd was dead silent nearly the entire time, booing every now and again. Entire crowd shots showed fans sitting down, arms crossed, looking on and not saying a word, waving a sign, or anything. Just *dead*. I literally heard one fan clapping at one point.

Now, if you recall your WWE history, the next month's PPV (No Way Out?) had Triple H v Scott Steiner in a *rematch* (fans couldn't get enough), while the other title match, which was one of the finest matches in all of 2003, did not.

That match, if you recall, was Angle vs. Wah.

I forgot that Wah lost his match, yet got a standing ovation from the entire crowd afterward.

Yet the fans apparently wanted more Triple H and Steiner.

[quote name='Survivalism']They're all saying Cena hit first, but then the Smackdown referees raise his hand anyway. It obviously all points to it being botched, I just can't figure out what the hell they were going for with the powerbomb.[/QUOTE]

Jack Doane tells Jimmy Corderas and Charles Robinson to raise Cena's hand right before Cena jumps back in the ring so definitely botched.

Loved Show's sad promo being followed by Bryan being THE biggest prick ever. I love in the feud of the big guy vs. little guy, the little dude is the bully. Then Henry came out and said he doesn't care about Bryan's Napoleon complex, anyone's feelings, or a 95 pound girl in a training bra - AWESOME! Then he demanded that Bryan come up to him TO HIS FACE, talked him down, and then called him out on getting out of their match last week. This all ruled. Then Teedy came out to announce Orton-Barrett out of nowhere and Henry-Show. Gabriel-Cody was overshadowed by Booker and Cole's banter. Digging the new SANTOSHI! team, not digging this Drew-Teddy deal. Teddy comes off like a prick and Drew is sympathetic since the odds are being stacked against him. Tonight, it's a last-second match against Sheamus.

Loves Sheamus bringing back the Finlay roll. Loved Cole stating that a lot of people in WWE make a lot of money, and Drew will eventually be worth what's he's being paid. So he's clearly a believer in TNA's business model. Santoshi debuted against Epico/Primo, put over with an inset promo from Rosa completely in Spanish. Match was fine, but overshadowed by Booker and Cole bickering. Yoshi's gear rules. Loved Booker putting over Sherri. Tag champs won with the back stabber. This is a good team, but there's still something missing with them. Bryan stirring up shit with Henry ruled. Everything he said was either true or had a plausible face reason for being said.

Loved Barrett's promo. Dug their brawl, and loved Orton doing the Hayes in War Games spot of hitting everyone in the ring with his finisher. Loved Bryan using Kaitlyn to tell Show that Henry's gonna get him, and then refusing to say how he felt about AJ. Dude is really hit his stride - Henry's groin pull was a blessing in disguise because he's really stepped up here. Hunico-Ted was fine. Loved Hunico's step up in gear with khakis instead of denim, and he does a better Angel slam than Kurt. Unfortunately, their further attack on Ted's wrist didn't involve running over it with the bike. Teddy and Aksana's skit led to more handjob jokes and a fart joke punchline. Wow. Brodus-Riley was a tremendous little dance party/squash combo. I approve of this every show. Quick video aired plugging Cena's Fruity Pebbles box and comparing it to Olympic athletes on Wheaties boxes... Yeah... led to a recap of Kane-Ryder, which still took forever in truncated form because they showed about five full minutes of the whole deal and ALL of the Eve-Cena "acting". Aksana's wacky sax music is her actual theme...and her entrance lasted many times the actual match since she won with just a schoolgirl. Nattie attacked her with a sharpshooter, and then Tamina hit her with the superfly splash. She does a gorgeous splash. Loved Booker's reaction of "BATISTA!?" when Cole shilled the DLC for WWE '12. Kinda surprised they didn't bring up Brodus being included. Show-Henry was short and good while it lasted before Henry hurt his knee on the punch. For the first time perhaps ever in the history of wrestling on TV, a match actually ended during the break. Loved Bryan tossing the belt to Show so he could cheapshot him with a dropkick to the knee and then some chairshots before applying the LeBell Lock and then getting chokeslammed. This did make me want to see Show-Bryan (with Henry maybe) at the Rumble, so it was effective.

Screens -

Not a Barrett fan.

Quotes -
Booker - Dat was an accident - coulda happened to anybody.
Show - I’ve got a lot to say and I‘m not sure how to say it…I’M SORRY! I apologized to AJ and she forgave me instantly, and I’m asking you to do the same. But I’m having trouble forgiving myself. That collision wasn’t exactly an isolated incident. Growing up, no matter what, I’d wind up hurting other kids. But ya know, when I came to WWE, I thought all that was behind me. I thought that being a freak and it not being my fault was behind me, but in WWE, I found a home - a place where I belonged. I love what I do - I been here 13 years - I LOVE MY JOB! But after what happened with AJ, I don’t think I have the heart to go on with my career. Don’t get me wrong, I’m honored to be in the triple threat match at the Rumble. But after Sunday, I’ll have to do some soul-searching…(Bryan comes out)
Booker - If anybody should be blamed, it’s D-BRYAN!
Bryan - YOU’RE SORRY!? WHAT A RELIEF! THAT MAKES IT ALL OKAY! YOU PUT A 95 POUND WOMAN IN THE HOSPITAL!
Show - It was an accident…
Bryan - I heard, and that AJ accepted - BUT SHE WAS HEAVILY MEDICATED AT THE TIME! SHE DOESN’T REMEMBER YOU VISITING! But guess what, I REMEMBER! I REMEMBER EVERYTHING! I remember as a kid watching WWE thinking it was a place for athletes, NOT GENETIC FREAKS! And before you mention Andre, DON’T YOU EVEN DARE, BECAUSE YOU ARE NO ANDRE THE GIANT! He’s got you all fooled - you’re full of it. You have no plans on reassessing your career - it’s empty talk, like those apologies. IF YOU WERE REPENTENT, YOU WOULDN’T BE APOLOGIZING TO AJ, OR ME, OR THE PEOPLE! DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND JUST RETIRE! RIGHT NOW! THAT’S RIGHT! DO THE HONORABLE THING FOR ONCE! GO CLIMB BACK UP WHATEVER BEANSTALK TO CAME FROM AND STAY THERE! YOU SAY YOU CAN’T HELP HOW YOU ARE!? WELL I CAN! YOU’RE NOT A MAN, YOU’RE A MONSTER!
Show - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? WHAT HAPPENED TO AJ WAS AN ACCIDENT YOU ARROGANT LITTLE AJ! WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU ON SUNDAY WON’T BE!
Henry - Amidst the love fest, I came out here to remind you that it’s a TRIPLE THREAT STEEL CAGE MATCH ON SUNDAY! AND I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR HURT FEELINGS! OR YOUR NAPOLEON COMPLEX! AND I DAMN SURE DON’T CARE ABOUT SOME 95 POUND GIRL IN A TRAINING BRA! YOU KNOW WHAT I’M CAPABLE OF - I DON’T GOTTA SWEET TALK YOU! AND YOU, GET OVER HERE AND GET IN MY FACE AND TALK TO ME! After weaseling your way outta MY world title, I’M GONNA TEAR YA SKIN OFF ON GENERAL PRINCIPLE!
Bryan - THOSE LUMBERJACKS RUINED OUR MATCH! I WAS AS DISAPPOINTED AS YOU WERE!
Teddy - SD is only 2 days away from the Rumble, and it already has one main event - Orton-Barrett. Tonight, it has another - Henry-Big Show. HOLLA!
Cody - Out of the kindness of my heart, I’m offering that troll/Japanime mix the chance to tell his kids that he lost to the man who went on to main event WrestleMania.
Booker - IF YOU HAVEN’T WON THE RUMBLE, YOU HAVEN’T ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING!
Cole - You’ve been in like nine and never won.
Santino - SANTOSHI!
Yoshi - YOSHITINO!
Teddy - Last week was a lot like the past few weeks - YOUR CAREER IS ON THIN ICE!
Drew - Babe Ruth once struck out five times in one game!
Teddy - More often than not, HE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK! WHICH IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TONIGHT AGAINST SHEAMUS!
Cole - There are a lot of people here who make a lot of money, and Drew’s gonna start earning his soon.
Booker - DAT’S CALLED A BEATDOWN RIGHT THERE IN THE HOOD, DAWG!
Booker - GET DAT BOY’S PINK SLIP!
Josh - Cole, I’d love to see you in the Extreme Loser Leaves Town match.
Josh - Can having a female in the corner help a team?
Booker - SISTER SHERRI LED HARLEM HEAT TO 10 TAG TITLES!
Henry - YOU BETTA HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR BEING HERE AFTER THE GARBAGE YOU PULLED!
Bryan - THAT WAS ON TEDDY FOR HAVING THOSE LUMBERJACKS! I respect you, that’s why I wanted to talk to you about Big Show - he’s got no business being in our match on Sunday. I BEAT HIM TWICE. Obviously, Teddy wants him as champion! This is the last chance before Sunday to right an obvious wrong. We all know you can beat Show, BUT YOU NEED TO HURT HIM! AND BADLY! Normally, I wouldn’t say that about a fellow competitor, but how many times has he hurt you!? AND MY GIRLFRIEND! He’s a menace. For the good of everyone in WWE, someone needs to teach him a lesson. If anyone can, it’s the world’s strongest man.T hing about it.
Wade - Can we have some decorum please!? There’s a lot of pageantry attached to tonight’s show - due to the MONUMENTAL RETURN OF RANDY ORTON! Well, unfortunately, Mr. Orton is allowing his ego to get the best of him. Ya see, the doctors might say he’s physically fine, but spiritually!? HE’S A BROKEN MAN! Ya don’t go through what he’s been through and come out the other side as the same competitor. Let’s look at why Orton won’t be showing up this evening. It looked like he’d fallen and couldn’t get up! AND THAT’S WHY HE’S A SHELL OF A MAN! Ya see, the only voices in his head are telling him that Wade Barrett is a vicious competitor! AND THAT IS WHAT’S GONNA…(Orton comes out)
Bryan - You’re AJ’s best friend, I need a favor - TELL BIG SHOW THAT HENRY’S GONNA TAKE HIM OUT!
Kaitlyn - So, am I doing AJ a favor or you?
Bryan - BOTH OF US! SHE LOVES ME!
Kaitlyn - Okay, but do me a favor - tell me how you feel about AJ.
Bryan - I like to keep things private, BUT THE SOONER YOU TALK TO BIG SHOW THE BETTER!
Cole - I think Ted should release his tax returns and show how he’s a man of the people!
Booker - WHAT THE HELL!?
Booker - MAKE IT COUNT, HU!
Cole - The young bucks have to learn that sometimes, you have to retreat.
Teddy - Aksana, if you could excuse me…
Nattie - Teddy, I want a match with Tamini - she went all SUPERFLY ON ME!
Asana - 2 weeks ago, I saw Tamina squash her like a grape.
Nattie - I CAN BEAT THAT WHACK JOB!
Aksana - What Teddy and I do in private…
Teddy - Aksana…
Booker - I LIKE THE DACTYL!
Cole - Look at that idiot, Riley.
Booker - Riley’s digging it.
Cole - WHAT THE FUNK!
Booker - SOMEBODY CALL MY MOMMA!
Cole - And father, brother, and sister! DIGGY WIGGY!
Booker - What!?
Josh - Originally, Zack was diagnosed with a fractured vertebrae, but now it’s just a herniated disc.
Cole - This may be one of the most unique entrance themes that we’ve ever had.
Booker - I’m sure she’s gotta hold her breath, but she won.
Cole - WWE ‘12 DLC comes out Tuesday with the likes of Foley, Savage, and Batiata.
Booker - BATISTA!?

[quote name='Purple Flames']Episode #50. Skip Ahead to the 3:22 mark[/QUOTE]

Ok, I usually don't think too much of Ryder's humor but using the old Royal Rumble theme gets him points. And the "only one foot" part was funny.

There's some article on the WWE site that compares masked Kane to masked Undertaker (from when he had the eye injury). Aside from forgetting how much that mask and current Kane mask looked alike as far as shape, in the photo gallery one of the pics is 'Taker clotheslining Isaac Yankem. I laughed.

Been watching through old rumbles the past couple days and with them having a surprise or two every year, I can't really think of the surprises they could do this year. At least ones I would actually care about. Diesel last year was fun, probably the best surprise they had in a while.

I know the ones I could care less about if they came out: Batista, Goldberg, Duggan, Road Dogg, JBL, Ron Simmons, even Undertaker. The only person that would be a true surprise that would cause that place to erupt is the one that will not happen, Lesnar. I wouldn't even care to see that but I guarantee the place would explode.

I predict that IRS and Titanka will both be surprise entrants and battle each other like Snuka and Piper did and the MSG Royal Rumble.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The Diesel and Booker appearances had already been leaked by this time last year, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think a picture of Kevin Nash arriving at Logan airport was floating around.

[quote name='lombarvm']Yes. I think a picture of Kevin Nash arriving at Logan airport was floating around.[/QUOTE]

For some stupid reason this comment made me picture Nash and Wolverine performing a Fastball Special.

IF Lesnar returns anytime soon my money is on a match between him and Orton. He shows up at the Royal Rumble as a suprise entrant and eliminates Orton, who LOSES it and re-enters, eliminating Lesnar. They brawl to the back. Put them both in the Elimination Chamber and have Orton Eliminate Lesnar, then have Lesnar cost Orton the match. Now, in theory, they are both 1 and 1 over each other, which would lead us to a Wrestlemania match.

Again, this is a BIG if. I don't see Lesnar returning this soon, but it would be a smart decision on his part.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']For some stupid reason this comment made me picture Nash and Wolverine performing a Fastball Special.[/QUOTE]
I want to see this happen. WWE vs Marvel. Something, this needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back