The Canadian Countdown to Brawl has begun

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well I was suspicious at first but it seems Brawl really will be released on Sunday. Seems some stores have already received shipments of the game. So far in Winnipeg it appears that the Best Buy on Regent has it and it seems all the FS stores in Winnipeg have it as well (although I don't imagine they will have it on the shelves until Sunday, it's still nice to know they do in fact have it).

So the point of this topic, I figure it would be nice to have a topic where all things Brawl can go. Share your excitement for the game, your first joys playing it, and anything else. Also, and most importantly, I want this to be a place where people can come to see which stores have stock across Canada once the inevitable shortage begins (for those who decided not to pre-order).

So without further adu... LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!

It's HERE!!!!

I just got a call from EB Games. I am pre-order #2 out of 145 at Pacific Centre. They are opening at 11 AM on Sunday. It's first come first serve for who gets it FIRST though so I'll get there an hour early =/

I'm curious as to who pre-ordered BEFORE me. I mean... March 8th, 2007. I thought I was the first!

[quote name='Firestorm']I just got a call from EB Games. I am pre-order #2 out of 145 at Pacific Centre. They are opening at 11 AM on Sunday. It's first come first serve for who gets it FIRST though so I'll get there an hour early =/

I'm curious as to who pre-ordered BEFORE me. I mean... March 8th, 2007. I thought I was the first![/quote]

2007?! :applause:

[quote name='Firestorm']I just got a call from EB Games. I am pre-order #2 out of 145 at Pacific Centre. They are opening at 11 AM on Sunday. It's first come first serve for who gets it FIRST though so I'll get there an hour early =/

I'm curious as to who pre-ordered BEFORE me. I mean... March 8th, 2007. I thought I was the first![/quote]

That's pretty spooky when you think about it... when you made that pre-order it was set to release in December. But now you're just one day off a year!

I'm buying at WalMart at 7am. I'm not aware of any others within distance to me doing a midnight release (ie, 24 hour WalMart).

Sunday sunday SOMEDAY!@!!!

If the bus system wasn't so stupid around here, I would be there far earlier than I should be.

Can't wait to go pick up my copy and also pick up Shiren the Wanderer DS. \m/

[quote name='dave17']not much of a countdown if it starts at 2 lol[/quote]
FOURTY FIVE MORE HOURS LEFT!

Good news for anyone who pre-ordered the game from EB Games in Kildonan Place mall, seems they got enough copies to fill all the pre-orders. So that means your copy is guaranteed for at least 48 hours. Also because of a Manitoba By-law they will not be having a midnight release, but you can pick it up @ 12 pm March 9th.

[quote name='maigoyume']*shoots self in foot for not preordering*[/quote]

*shoots Future Shop for cancelling $15.74 preorder.*

Anyone want to swap Friend Codes and play online?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']*shoots Future Shop for cancelling $15.74 preorder.*

Anyone want to swap Friend Codes and play online?[/quote]I was hoping that the SSBB i ordered from FS would get through too :cry:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']*shoots Future Shop for cancelling $15.74 preorder.*

Anyone want to swap Friend Codes and play online?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we'll fill this thread with friends codes Sunday. Here's mine tell me if you add me so I can add you...
5149 5824 8586 1854

If GameDeals has it and will sell it I'll leave this instant.

Brawl uses its own friend code guys. Wii Code is only for sharing pictures and stuff. I'd love a Canadian CAG FC trading thing. I only really come to the Canadian board on CAG!

Is the FS website messed up or are they making a big mistake? The store stock feature is showing Brawl as in stock and available at the three locations I have it set to look at. Same for anybody else? BTW this is for Calgary stores.

[quote name='c_of_red']Is the FS website messed up or are they making a big mistake? The store stock feature is showing Brawl as in stock and available at the three locations I have it set to look at. Same for anybody else? BTW this is for Calgary stores.[/quote]

I believe people have tried to order in-store pick up and it won't let them. While the stores might indeed have their stock, they're not selling. Unless you're lucky. ;)

[quote name='Firestorm']If GameDeals has it and will sell it I'll leave this instant.
[/quote]

I appreciate the interest, but I will most likely NOT have Brawl on Sunday for a number of reasons. First off, I'm not working Sunday so if I'm not here, I'm definitely not picking it up from EB (long line) and bringing it here on my day off. Secondly, the local distributor only had enough to cover pre-orders (I could have had it today if I pre-ordered, but I don't buy from them much for reason 3). Thirdly, MY cost on it (from the distributor) is $48 + GST ($52). With retail price being $49.95, I can't justify jumping through hoops for so little. This also applies to MOST new releases, which is why I rarely have them on launch. I will try to pick some up over the next week or so if I can work some trades, but not for Sunday. On a side note, I'm dealing with a tooth infection in need of a root canal, so with the steady pain & lack of sleep, I haven't been functioning well for a couple weeks.

Early copies from all around North America have started to appear in greater numbers on GAF. And just as the snow starts up here in Toronto. I did my checking around yesterday, and found plenty of stock, but no one selling. Sunday morning it is. ^_^

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']I appreciate the interest, but I will most likely NOT have Brawl on Sunday for a number of reasons. First off, I'm not working Sunday so if I'm not here, I'm definitely not picking it up from EB (long line) and bringing it here on my day off. Secondly, the local distributor only had enough to cover pre-orders (I could have had it today if I pre-ordered, but I don't buy from them much for reason 3). Thirdly, MY cost on it (from the distributor) is $48 + GST ($52). With retail price being $49.95, I can't justify jumping through hoops for so little. This also applies to MOST new releases, which is why I rarely have them on launch. I will try to pick some up over the next week or so if I can work some trades, but not for Sunday. On a side note, I'm dealing with a tooth infection in need of a root canal, so with the steady pain & lack of sleep, I haven't been functioning well for a couple weeks.[/quote]

Darn.
AgtGibbs save us. Although haven't seen him around.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']I appreciate the interest, but I will most likely NOT have Brawl on Sunday for a number of reasons. First off, I'm not working Sunday so if I'm not here, I'm definitely not picking it up from EB (long line) and bringing it here on my day off. Secondly, the local distributor only had enough to cover pre-orders (I could have had it today if I pre-ordered, but I don't buy from them much for reason 3). Thirdly, MY cost on it (from the distributor) is $48 + GST ($52). With retail price being $49.95, I can't justify jumping through hoops for so little. This also applies to MOST new releases, which is why I rarely have them on launch. I will try to pick some up over the next week or so if I can work some trades, but not for Sunday. On a side note, I'm dealing with a tooth infection in need of a root canal, so with the steady pain & lack of sleep, I haven't been functioning well for a couple weeks.[/quote]bummer, hopefully you get your root canal soon, thanks for the quick reply too :)

I just heard that some Shoppers Drug Marts have the game early.

Yeah, sounds weird, but the newer ones do carry games, exclusively Wii and DS ones too.

[quote name='JGonspy']I just heard that some Shoppers Drug Marts have the game early.

Yeah, sounds weird, but the newer ones do carry games, exclusively Wii and DS ones too.[/quote]

WHAT. I should go check later I guess. The one near me does carry games.

[quote name='Firestorm']Brawl uses its own friend code guys. Wii Code is only for sharing pictures and stuff. I'd love a Canadian CAG FC trading thing. I only really come to the Canadian board on CAG![/quote]

Same here, dunno if I wanna play online till I get some practice though. :lol:

Blockbuster on dundurn west-hamilton were renting them out for the past few days. Checked it out today and they pulled all those copies off the shelf now. They might have sold some early too.

[quote name='Icetron']Same here, dunno if I wanna play online till I get some practice though. :lol:[/quote]

I've played the Japanese version on a few friends' Wiis so I have some practice, but I want to go through SSE first =)

Someone on GameFAQs grabbed a copy from Shoppers. One nearby me carries games, so I'm checking them out at 7pm.

[quote name='EvilMario']Someone on GameFAQs grabbed a copy from Shoppers. One nearby me carries games, so I'm checking them out at 7pm.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I just picked up my copy! It's the one at Yonge and Bloor, but others could have it too.

Just called around to the West Hamilton Shopper's, Garth hasn't gotten their copies in, none of the others seem to stock Wii games.

If anyone in the Hamilton area finds a store selling them early, please post it, I'd love to pick this up on Saturday.

We Got Games in Brampton Shoppers World had a bunch of them in the front display window and when asked he said yes he has it and yes he has plenty available after pre-orders and finally when I asked him if he could let one go early he said if I came in Saturday close to 6pm (when they close) I would be happy when I left. Sounds good to me.

EB Metrotown called me earlier saying they're open earlier on Sunday, at 9AM. Not that bad I guess, I'll try to wake up. :p

Don't forget the daylight savings time change is tonight if you plan to go pick up Brawl tomorrow morning. (Spring- spring ahead one hour)

[quote name='will123456']Got an email from Dell saying my order was shipped. So I'm guessing I'll be getting it on Monday.[/quote]

Same, as much as I want to play it that has been the best deal for the game so far and I can wait a day or two :D

Since it appears that I'm SOL when it comes to preordering at EBs. I'm wondering which big box store I should tackle. Wal-Mart or Futureshop. I have both fairly close by.

Yeah, I should have preordered. :(

[quote name='DoctorWho']Since it appears that I'm SOL when it comes to preordering at EBs. I'm wondering which big box store I should tackle. Wal-Mart or Futureshop. I have both fairly close by.

Yeah, I should have preordered. :([/quote]
Well you get a free hat of you buy it from future shop.... lol

As long as you get there before they open I think you will be fine.

bread's done
Back