The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HyeVltg3']If you guys want I can set it up..but I all ready have WPHD....so basically I would be giving the user/pass info to five people instead of the usual four...unless your group can find someone who wants to set up.[/quote]

so we need 1 extra person to fill this group out.

1. Costa
2. cknewdeal
3. ADJ23

I think you can only share with 4 extra people, so if you can we would only need 4, if not then we need 5.

[quote name='AgtGibb']I think we should make it a CAG rule that who ever sets up the group saves a little $$$. Example, the other 4 put in an extra .75c or some sort.[/quote]

AgtGibb, are you volunteering to set the group up?

I have a Resistance 2 Beta Code to trade.

Want:
Megaman 9
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
1942: Joint Strike
Prince of Persia: Classic

Please PM.

[quote name='Costa']im hoping to do a Wipeout:HD group, I cant set it up but I will organize it.

1. Costa

price would be $5.07[/quote]
Interested for Wipeout:HD =D

Tekken and Gripshift are both sharable. I have both of them shared. The OP is incorrect. Theres only 3 items not gamesharable, they're Warhawk, Socom, GT5P. Otherwise, private betas are also not sharable. Everything else seems to be open season. Just a heads up.

Is anyone interested in SSHD and the add-ons? I'd be down to join a group for that. Or if someone wants I could donate 4 or 5 bucks to someone who would hook me up with it.

Street Fighter 2: Turbo HD Remix is confirmed for Nov 25.

Here's our gameshare:
1. Eggviper
2. TheCurse9
3. Agtgibb
4. Doctor_Payne13
5. DMpugh

I was getting around to asking this question also, but I'm in as well Wilme! I'll see if my work buddy (part of our Siren group) wants in, if not jadomino also shares a group with us.

Seems like everybody we have a full group that's interested. Who actually setup the PSN account again?

[quote name='EggViper']Street Fighter 2: Turbo HD Remix is confirmed for Nov 25. We have two slots open in our gameshare if anyone is interested:

1. Eggviper
2. TheCurse9
3. Koleman (not sure what his screen name is here)
4. [Open]
5. [Open][/quote]

I'm interested if you're still looking for someone.

[quote name='afterburn999']This will most likely be one of those games they will not let you share.[/quote]

You think? Capcom hasn't locked any of their other games to one account, it tends to only be retail games (Warhawk, GTP) that you can't share...

[quote name='Wilme']Seems like everybody we have a full group that's interested. Who actually setup the PSN account again?[/quote]

I THINK it was Heimdal.

[quote name='chrisryans']I THINK it was Heimdal.[/quote]

Pretty sure I made it. It's the Stardust Expansion group.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']I'm interested if you're still looking for someone.[/QUOTE]

You're in. Make sure you're read up on the process of how this goes down if it's your first time (you need a paypal account atleast).

I'll join. I have a Paypal account and I've shared games with others in the past (on GameTZ) but I've never done this, so if someone wants to fill me in on what goes down, I'm all ears.

To clarify, I know that one person buys the game and then everyone else pays a fifth of the price to the buyer, and the buyer shares the account info to everyone else to download the game. What I'm wondering is, do we take turns using the account, or can the account be used by multiple people at a time?

[quote name='EggViper']You're in. Make sure you're read up on the process of how this goes down if it's your first time (you need a paypal account atleast).

If anyone else is interested, we have one more slot for our gameshare.[/quote]

No worries, I've already done it for Ratchet. Just send me a PM when it's all set up and I'll send you the money.

[quote name='DMPugh']I'll join. I have a Paypal account and I've shared games with others in the past (on GameTZ) but I've never done this, so if someone wants to fill me in on what goes down, I'm all ears.

To clarify, I know that one person buys the game and then everyone else pays a fifth of the price to the buyer, and the buyer shares the account info to everyone else to download the game. What I'm wondering is, do we take turns using the account, or can the account be used by multiple people at a time?[/QUOTE]

Basically once the account info has been emailed out to you, you add it to the list on your ps3, sign in to it, download the game/install and from there on out you're free to use it on any of the other accounts on the same ps3. All 5 can be playing the game at once.

I'll add you to our gameshare, which means we're full up. Once they announce the price I'll send out a PM to everyone.

Super Street Fighter HD Remix Group:
-(Super StarDust HD Expansion User)-

1. Rex
2. Wilme
3. chrisryans
4. jadomino
5. heimdal

I suppose I could set up the group, does anybody know how much SSFHDR is going to be ($20)?? Just asking so that if you guys really wanted it on release day, I could collect the payments now and get it when it comes out!

$14.99 :):):)

[quote name='Rex']Super Street Fighter HD Remix Group:
-(Super StarDust HD Expansion User)-

1. Rex
2. Wilme
3. chrisryans
4. jadomino
5. heimdal

I suppose I could set up the group, does anybody know how much SSFHDR is going to be ($20)?? Just asking so that if you guys really wanted it on release day, I could collect the payments now and get it when it comes out![/quote]

[quote name='EggViper']Street Fighter 2: Turbo HD Remix is confirmed for Nov 25.

Here's our gameshare:
1. Eggviper
2. TheCurse9
3. Agtgibb
4. Doctor_Payne13
5. DMpugh[/quote]

So, has eveyone paid? Is the group going to be ready for today?

Played a few matches, it's pretty damned killer. I'm rusty with Super Turbo though, most of my focus has been on SNK games over the past years. Loving the game though.

Playstation Store Update:
Price Drops (prices return to normal on December 4th)

• The Last Guy ($4.99)
  • PixelJunk Eden ($4.99)
  • echochrome PS3 ($4.99)
  • NovaStrike ($4.99)
  • Wolf Of The Battlefield: Commando 3 ($4.99)
So, basically if we gameshare these, that comes out to around $1 per game...
anyone interested?

bread's done
Back