The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jadomino']Here is the current group for Lumines Supernova:
jadomino
rko_kero
cknewdeal
saiftk

Just 1 more to go[/quote]

You can put me down if you still need one

[quote name='VictoriaDave']You can put me down if you still need one[/quote]

So now that we have 5 people, what next?

[quote name='saiftk']So now that we have 5 people, what next?[/quote]

Is anyone in the group willing to set the gameshare up?

[quote name='saiftk']I don't know how to get the gameshare up. Where the other 3 guys at?[/quote]

ditto here. If someone else could that would be great

I've only been involved in a gameshare as a buyer, so I'm not sure how to do it. I think you have to buy the game on a different account then your main, and you share that login with the other guys, can anyone confirm that?

[quote name='cknewdeal']I've only been involved in a gameshare as a buyer, so I'm not sure how to do it. I think you have to buy the game on a different account then your main, and you share that login with the other guys, can anyone confirm that?[/quote]

Essentially, yes, that's how it works.

OK, my friend will let me use his paypal so I guess I can do it. I got a question, when does the money get sent? So once I can get this money out, I purchase it? Details please.

Is anyone interested in a LittleBigPlanet MGS pack and Street Fighter Ryu/Ken costume extra content group share?

Bump
Anyone else want Street Fighter HD remix and MGS LPB level packs and costumes?
So far we have 3 people:
Roller
Fronzi
rko_kero

[quote name='roller']Bump
So far we have 3 people:
Roller
Fronzi
rko_kero[/quote]

Im going to have to get out of this one, I want the MGS4 but ive lost intrest in SFHD

[quote name='roller']Bump
So far we have 3 people:
Roller
Fronzi
rko_kero[/quote]

Me and snuter are interested in the MGS LBP level packs

It looks like we have enough people for the MGS level and costume packs:
Roller
Fronzi?
saiftk
snuter
Icelight

Is anyone able to be the buyer?

[quote name='roller']It looks like we have enough people for the MGS level and costume packs:
Roller
Fronzi?
saiftk
snuter
Icelight

Is anyone able to be the buyer?[/quote]

I might be able to be the buyer. I'm in the process of setting up a paypal account. Could someone fill me in on the gamesharing process please? I've read the first page but i'm still not 100% clear on the process. This is on a new sub account? No credit card will be stored on this account? How do I remove the credit card from the account?

Burnout Paradise has just recieved a price drop! $20.00 who is in!?

Also, please Cuboid and GTI Club lol. But check out Burnout.

[quote name='snuter']I might be able to be the buyer. I'm in the process of setting up a paypal account. Could someone fill me in on the gamesharing process please? I've read the first page but i'm still not 100% clear on the process. This is on a new sub account? No credit card will be stored on this account? How do I remove the credit card from the account?[/quote]

Basically you create a new PSN account on your PS3 . You purchase the required content. Then make sure you remove your credit card info by going to account management in the PS3 menu. And once you receive the payment from us you send out the login details to us.

I've just set up my paypal account. So, how do we do this? Do you guys send me 1/5 of the purchase price for the items to my paypal account and then I send you the details once everyone has paid up? Let me know. Thanks.

[quote name='snuter']I've just set up my paypal account. So, how do we do this? Do you guys send me 1/5 of the purchase price for the items to my paypal account and then I send you the details once everyone has paid up? Let me know. Thanks.[/quote]

We send you 1/5 the purchase price plus 50 cents for paypal withdrawal fees. Once you get the payment from a member you send the payment to that member. And make sure you use pm to send it lol.

Anyone interested in Super Street Fighter HD remix? We have 4 people so far. If you want to join the gameshare pm me.

I wouldn't might grabbing SSFHD remix... but would anyone want to make a semi-permanent group? I'm on 9 accounts on my PS3 and I don't want to hit the limit.

[quote name='rko_kero']Anyone up for Flower?[/QUOTE]

I might be in for this one as well. There is an other game coming next week, nobi nobi boy, that looks like it might be pretty good. It should also be 10$. Maybe the same people that were in on our last gameshare might be willing to get both of these games as well. (saves me from having to make new accounts!) roughly 4$ for 2 games. this helps minimize the paypal fees as well.

[quote name='snuter']I might be in for this one as well. There is an other game coming next week, nobi nobi boy, that looks like it might be pretty good. It should also be 10$. Maybe the same people that were in on our last gameshare might be willing to get both of these games as well. (saves me from having to make new accounts!) roughly 4$ for 2 games. this helps minimize the paypal fees as well.[/quote]

I dont know, I got 5.50 too spend, and I want the Prince of Persia DLC too.

[quote name='habsfan08']I'll be in for Noby Noby Boy too if someone explain to me that game (and what great about it)[/quote]

You have this wormy.... thing... and you strech it around. And then... you stretch it some more? I dunno, the main reason I want it is because it's from the creator of Katamari Damacy, who has earned more than enough cred for me to take a chance on one of his games. Particularly since said game is only $5 (or $1.25 with a gameshare!). If you're of the sort of gaming persuasion that's willing to take a try a non-traditional game like Flower, it might be worth giving this one a shot too.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']You have this wormy.... thing... and you strech it around. And then... you stretch it some more? I dunno, the main reason I want it is because it's from the creator of Katamari Damacy, who has earned more than enough cred for me to take a chance on one of his games. Particularly since said game is only $5 (or $1.25 with a gameshare!). If you're of the sort of gaming persuasion that's willing to take a try a non-traditional game like Flower, it might be worth giving this one a shot too.[/quote]

if you guys want NNB with Flower than I'm ok with it

yeah, at a dollar it is a great deal! I totally forgot about the prince of Persia DLC. Maybe I wait ill then and get all three at once.

Flower Only

rko_kero
Ahoy
saiftk
Rex and Friend

Flower and Nobi Nobi..

habsfan
jdomino
snuter
Docter Payne
Wilme

Is that right? Am I missing someone?