The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
So who wants to be the one to set up our group? I've done it before many, many times if no one else is up for it.

Let me know and we can get payments sent out today and have the game for tomorrow!

[quote name='Rex']So who wants to be the one to set up our group? I've done it before many, many times if no one else is up for it.

Let me know and we can get payments sent out today and have the game for tomorrow![/quote]

Hmm, doesn't look like anyone specified that they wanted to create the group. So I say go for it, I can send the money anytime myself, anyone else signing in later can do the same when they see that the group's been made.

We just have to recieve confirmation from saiftk now. Also, if we were to set up an account from PEI or some place with low tax, does it reflect on psn?

[quote name='rko_kero']We just have to recieve confirmation from saiftk now. Also, if we were to set up an account from PEI or some place with low tax, does it reflect on psn?[/quote]

I think it does, but you have to be from there (I think it looks to your credit card info for billing options) so if your credit card's billing address is in Ontario then it'll charge you the 13% tax.

[quote name='rko_kero']We just have to recieve confirmation from saiftk now. Also, if we were to set up an account from PEI or some place with low tax, does it reflect on psn?[/quote]

I'm in

[quote name='saurabh']Is anyone up for Fear 2? I haven't checked if its available on PSN yet.[/QUOTE]

fear 2 is game sharable? hmm i maybe into this then...

[quote name='markj']fear 2 is game sharable? hmm i maybe into this then...[/quote]

hey mark! lol

anyways I dont think this game is shareable at all. Its retail.

[quote name='rko_kero']hey mark! lol

anyways I dont think this game is shareable at all. Its retail.[/quote]blah :cry:

I've got flower, anyone interested in a share? I don't have a ton of PSN games. I'd like Noby Noby boy, too. Videos = awesomeness ;)

I also have Flow... do PS1 games count? I forget.

Danke!

**hmm, problem. I purchased Flower on my main PSN account. I didn't even think about gamesharing at the time.

Same with flow. And Wipeout. Sigh.

I know there's no date or anything yet, but I figured I'd ask. Is anyone interested in a group to get the coming Valkyria Chronicles DLC?

[quote name='chrisryans']I know there's no date or anything yet, but I figured I'd ask. Is anyone interested in a group to get the coming Valkyria Chronicles DLC?[/quote]

me, depend on the price and content

I was wondering if there are 4 other people that would like to set up a semi-permanant gameshare group. By semi-permanant I mean someone that would like to buy a large majority of the new items that come out on the psn. In other words, someone that is too cheap to buy most items for full price but not so cheap that they don't mind throwing a couple bucks at most items. I like this gamesharing, but I don't like making new groups everytime (and I think that only 10 users can be created per console). I'm interested in flower, noby noby boy, this valkeria DLC, the prince of persia DLC, etc.

Does this sound good to anyone else? I'd be willing to be the buyer and I live in Alberta (no pst, just 5% gst).

[quote name='snuter']I was wondering if there are 4 other people that would like to set up a semi-permanant gameshare group. By semi-permanant I mean someone that would like to buy a large majority of the new items that come out on the psn. In other words, someone that is too cheap to buy most items for full price but not so cheap that they don't mind throwing a couple bucks at most items. I like this gamesharing, but I don't like making new groups everytime (and I think that only 10 users can be created per console). I'm interested in flower, noby noby boy, this valkeria DLC, the prince of persia DLC, etc.

Does this sound good to anyone else? I'd be willing to be the buyer and I live in Alberta (no pst, just 5% gst).[/quote]

I'd be up for that. But for future purchases really.
I already have POP, Flower and I don't have Valkyria Chronicles though.
This 10 user thing is weird. What do you guys do when the number of users is up?

[quote name='snuter']I was wondering if there are 4 other people that would like to set up a semi-permanant gameshare group. By semi-permanant I mean someone that would like to buy a large majority of the new items that come out on the psn. In other words, someone that is too cheap to buy most items for full price but not so cheap that they don't mind throwing a couple bucks at most items. I like this gamesharing, but I don't like making new groups everytime (and I think that only 10 users can be created per console). I'm interested in flower, noby noby boy, this valkeria DLC, the prince of persia DLC, etc.

Does this sound good to anyone else? I'd be willing to be the buyer and I live in Alberta (no pst, just 5% gst).[/quote]

I would like in too. I am interest in flower, and bioshock and many of the other DLC.

I assume that the POP DLC will be $10 because that seems like to going rate for most DLC. I don't think anything has been announced yet. Should happen soon seeing as thought the DLC is coming Feb. 26.

[quote name='snuter']I assume that the POP DLC will be $10 because that seems like to going rate for most DLC. I don't think anything has been announced yet. Should happen soon seeing as thought the DLC is coming Feb. 26.[/quote]

10 is a bit much. If its 5, then I would be inclined to buy it myself on my main account.

[quote name='rko_kero']10 is a bit much. If its 5, then I would be inclined to buy it myself on my main account.[/quote]

I agree thats why we are talking about sharing

For those thinking about a semi-permanant gameshare group, here is how I think it would work best. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the content is restricted to be downloaded to 5 PS3 only; the account can be on multiple PS3 at the same time but only 5 of the consoles can download the content.

So, we would have about 8 or so members part of the semi-permanant group so that no one is forced to buy content that they do not want. When five of the users agree that they want a piece of content, it is purchased with a specific password that only the five users that paid for the content will know. Once all five have downloaded the content, the password is changed for the next gameshare. The only drawback to this method is that you that you have gareented access to the content only once. This would affect someone that get their harddrive currupted and need to redownload all of their data if they havn't backup their harddrive before. I guess if no active gameshares are going on, then they could always get the password again. The other drawback is that everyone is assuming that the others invovled in the group are honest and have integrety. If someone changes the password, then everyone is locked out.

[quote name='snuter']For those thinking about a semi-permanant gameshare group, here is how I think it would work best. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the content is restricted to be downloaded to 5 PS3 only; the account can be on multiple PS3 at the same time but only 5 of the consoles can download the content.

So, we would have about 8 or so members part of the semi-permanant group so that no one is forced to buy content that they do not want. When five of the users agree that they want a piece of content, it is purchased with a specific password that only the five users that paid for the content will know. Once all five have downloaded the content, the password is changed for the next gameshare. The only drawback to this method is that you that you have gareented access to the content only once. This would affect someone that get their harddrive currupted and need to redownload all of their data if they havn't backup their harddrive before. I guess if no active gameshares are going on, then they could always get the password again. The other drawback is that everyone is assuming that the others invovled in the group are honest and have integrety. If someone changes the password, then everyone is locked out.[/quote]

Sorry, this is all wrong. Your theory is flawed because of your understanding. It is 5 activated systems per account, so if one person downloads the same download over and over, it doesnt tally. So for example, you would have 5 members, that all have the ability to download the content. If one person were to lose his data, he can download it again because his system is activated. Buy yeah, you can only have 5.

Okay, I guess I was wrong. I was going off of the information from the first post. (I think the last step talks about changing your password back and reinputing you CC info). My mistake. I think having 5 dedicated members will be pretty tough to get because if one person doesn't want the content, then everyone else gets screwed.

Semi-permanent group will not work.

A single PSN account can only be attached to 5 PS3s.

It is impossible to have more than that, and if you try out the swapping method, one person will have to deactivate that PSN ID from their PS3 making all their DLC unusable.

If this were possible, we'd all be in one group, but it's not.

I already have 6 PSN IDs made up just from different gameshare groups. The biggest concern of mine is that you're apparently limited to only 16 accounts on one PS3.

[quote name='snuter']Okay, I guess I was wrong. I was going off of the information from the first post. (I think the last step talks about changing your password back and reinputing you CC info). My mistake. I think having 5 dedicated members will be pretty tough to get because if one person doesn't want the content, then everyone else gets screwed.[/quote]

This is why I have a number of different accounts with different members. More accounts does suck, though.

I guess if 5 people were to set it up, they would have to agree to maybe spend $5-7 per month. Then, with the pooled money (say $25-35) the group decides what to download. That would be a couple of $10 PSN games and maybe some LBP DLC every month. Overall, you'll get access to alot of content and it would cost about the same amount as XBL subscription. That could work.

[quote name='snuter']I guess if 5 people were to set it up, they would have to agree to maybe spend $5-7 per month. Then, with the pooled money (say $25-35) the group decides what to download. That would be a couple of $10 PSN games and maybe some LBP DLC every month. Overall, you'll get access to alot of content and it would cost about the same amount as XBL subscription. That could work.[/quote]

I could be interested if only we don't force to buy stuff we can't use (like POP DLC since I don't have that game)

[quote name='habsfan08']I could be interested if only we don't force to buy stuff we can't use (like POP DLC since I don't have that game)[/quote]

I think that is the problem. Someone will always not agree with a purchase.

[quote name='rko_kero']I think that is the problem. Someone will always not agree with a purchase.[/quote]

For someone that uses their PS3 as their primary gaming system, $5 every month would not be that bad. Granted, you'll probably get some items that you wouldn't have bought (ie: a $5 PoP DLC add on for a game that you don't currently own) but on the whole I think you'd be better off. For the cost of $60 over the course of 1 year, you'd get the value of $300 by being a part of the gameshare group. Even if $50 of that $300 is spent on DLC that you don't use, I still think that it is worth it to avoid the hassel of finding a new group everytime and creating multiple accounts.

This is only good for people that like getting a lot of DLC. If you're not that type of person, then problaby the normal gameshare process would be a better choice. :) This group would only take 4 people anyway.

Also, the choosing process for what DLC would be downloaded would definately have to be some sort of democracy. 3 out of the 5 would be required to make the purchase. So, the gameshare people should have similar tastes in games.

[quote name='snuter']For someone that uses their PS3 as their primary gaming system, $5 every month would not be that bad. Granted, you'll probably get some items that you wouldn't have bought (ie: a $5 PoP DLC add on for a game that you don't currently own) but on the whole I think you'd be better off. For the cost of $60 over the course of 1 year, you'd get the value of $300 by being a part of the gameshare group. Even if $50 of that $300 is spent on DLC that you don't use, I still think that it is worth it to avoid the hassel of finding a new group everytime and creating multiple accounts.

This is only good for people that like getting a lot of DLC. If you're not that type of person, then problaby the normal gameshare process would be a better choice. :) This group would only take 4 people anyway.

Also, the choosing process for what DLC would be downloaded would definately have to be some sort of democracy. 3 out of the 5 would be required to make the purchase. So, the gameshare people should have similar tastes in games.[/quote]

that seem fair enough, count me in than

Count me in. I am not too worry about what gets "selected" as I am only paying 1/5 the cost. I expect to get some games I really want and some that I might not but that's the price to pay for sharing. For the record, I will buy almost anything except sports games.

I don't have POP but I am searching for a good deal on a limited edition. So sooner or later I will get it so its fine to download the DLC early. I am also interested in flowers, many of the puzzle games, DLC for bioshock, ...etc. And I am well finance so you don't have to worry about me stiffing anyone. Pick me :bouncy:

[quote name='awworld']Count me in. I am not too worry about what gets "selected" as I am only paying 1/5 the cost. I expect to get some games I really want and some that I might not but that's the price to pay for sharing. For the record, I will buy almost anything except sports games.

I don't have POP but I am searching for a good deal on a limited edition. So sooner or later I will get it so its fine to download the DLC early. I am also interested in flowers, many of the puzzle games, DLC for bioshock, ...etc. And I am well finance so you don't have to worry about me stiffing anyone. Pick me :bouncy:[/quote]

You sound like a good match for me. I'm not into sports games at all, so I wounldn't be voting for them to buy. (I'm also not that big into fighting games). I totally fine with buying some DLC for games that I won't use (for example, I don't mind getting the DLC for bioshock when I've already got the game for 360). Anyway, so far we've got the following members for the group:

snuter
awworld
Habsfan08
Ahoy (temporary, until further conformation)

Just a couple more and we should be good. As a quick note to anyone else interested, I'm thinking about $5 per month, or maybe $10 every other month to help minimize paypal fees.

I'm not into sports game so that ok

I'm interested on some DLC like valkyria Chronicle and PSN game like flower

5$ to 10$ is ok depend on the content of the month

[quote name='habsfan08']I'm not into sports game so that ok

I'm interested on some DLC like valkyria Chronicle and PSN game like flower

5$ to 10$ is ok depend on the content of the month[/quote]

$10 per month is quite a lot. With 5 people that's around $47 every month(minus the paypal fees of course). That would be over 4 full PSN games every month and I don't think that there is even enough content that comes out every month! Any extra money would be rolled into the next month. So we could all contribute $10 every second month and buy about $25 worth of stuff every month. (Just to be clear, if there is nothing that we all want in a particular month, we don't have to spend it. We'll just save it for next month.)
So far it looks like people want to get flower ($10), noby noby boy ($5), Prince of persia DLC (I assume $5-10), Valkyria DLC (I assume $5-10). Again, all this would be decided by the group so nothing is set in stone. Although, we would probably focus on newly released content, so that no one is double buying things that they may already have.

The semi-perm account sounds like a cool idea. I'd be down for it if we could stick to just PSN games and not content. This way each user can actually do something with the content.

Is the recent Flower group I was in up for that?

These were the people in that group:
1. Rex
2. Plushpenguin
3. saiftk
4. rko_kero
5. Ahoy

Anyway, I only say no DLC (unless it's something we all can use) so that no one's purchase is a loss.

Get back to me!

[quote name='snuter']$10 per month is quite a lot. With 5 people that's around $47 every month(minus the paypal fees of course). That would be over 4 full PSN games every month and I don't think that there is even enough content that comes out every month! Any extra money would be rolled into the next month. So we could all contribute $10 every second month and buy about $25 worth of stuff every month. (Just to be clear, if there is nothing that we all want in a particular month, we don't have to spend it. We'll just save it for next month.)
So far it looks like people want to get flower ($10), noby noby boy ($5), Prince of persia DLC (I assume $5-10), Valkyria DLC (I assume $5-10). Again, all this would be decided by the group so nothing is set in stone. Although, we would probably focus on newly released content, so that no one is double buying things that they may already have. [/quote]

This sounds good. If there is nothing to buy then we can skip contribution for that month. On average the pot should not grow bigger than $50.

[quote name='awworld']This sounds good. If there is nothing to buy then we can skip contribution for that month. On average the pot should not grow bigger than $50.[/quote]

Exactly. If we all toss in $10 then we won't add anything to the pot until it is all used up. I assume that it'll take a couple of months to spend the $50 (could take longer), so it would roughly average out to $5 per month. The only reason that I would suggest making the contributions at least $10 per time is because of the paypal fees. (min $0.30 per transaction + 2.9% paypal fee + $0.50 deposit to bank account). On $5, the fees are $0.55 (11% of total amount), but on $10, the fees are $0.69. I know that it is only a few pennies, but multiplied by the 5 people over the course of the year, it adds up to about $12 less that the group can spend on games just on extra fees.

[quote name='Rex']The semi-perm account sounds like a cool idea. I'd be down for it if we could stick to just PSN games and not content. This way each user can actually do something with the content.

1. Rex
2. Plushpenguin
3. saiftk
4. rko_kero
5. Ahoy

Anyway, I only say no DLC (unless it's something we all can use) so that no one's purchase is a loss.

Get back to me![/quote]

Ya i agree with this. DLC is usually cheaper than full games anyways. We can download those ourselves.
If a group wants to focus on new upcoming games on PSN then I'm in.

[quote name='snuter']Exactly. If we all toss in $10 then we won't add anything to the pot until it is all used up. I assume that it'll take a couple of months to spend the $50 (could take longer), so it would roughly average out to $5 per month. The only reason that I would suggest making the contributions at least $10 per time is because of the paypal fees. (min $0.30 per transaction + 2.9% paypal fee + $0.50 deposit to bank account). On $5, the fees are $0.55 (11% of total amount), but on $10, the fees are $0.69. I know that it is only a few pennies, but multiplied by the 5 people over the course of the year, it adds up to about $12 less that the group can spend on games just on extra fees. [/quote]

alright, I'm just saying if we want to buy big game like Siren (that what I mean by content of the month)

[quote name='Rex']The semi-perm account sounds like a cool idea. I'd be down for it if we could stick to just PSN games and not content. This way each user can actually do something with the content.

1. Rex
2. Plushpenguin
3. saiftk
4. rko_kero
5. Ahoy

Get back to me![/quote]

Im IN!

[quote name='habsfan08']alright, I'm just saying if we want to buy big game like Siren (that what I mean by content of the month)[/quote]

on a side note, i pick up siren game not download from playasia when it was on sale for around $30 but shipping and I got dinged with taxes and a Gov $5 handling fee. So all in $45 :cry: At least I have a hard copy to sell/trade later.

Rex, I think one really good ground rule is that 4/5 people have to agree. I mean that is as fair as possible. 3/5 is to split down the middle leaving almost half the group unhappy. I think unanimous selections would be ideal but thats not always possible.

[quote name='rko_kero']Rex, I think one really good ground rule is that 4/5 people have to agree. I mean that is as fair as possible. 3/5 is to split down the middle leaving almost half the group unhappy. I think unanimous selections would be ideal but thats not always possible.[/quote]

Sounds good, we just have to get Ahoy's confirmation on whether he's in or not (but how could he refuse?? :))

Well it looks like there is 2 groups being setup so I hope this works out for everyone. So far here is the list of people confirmed for this group:

Snuter
Awworld
Habsfan08
Ahoy

We just need one more to setup the group. Here is the rundown for anyone that is interested. We are looking at about $5 per month and are focusing on new PSN releases. The group will vote for their top 3 choices for the next purchase that the group makes. If 4/5 of the purchases match, then that is what we'll buy. I am setting the group in the old CAG forum so that we can freely discuss the voting process (so that we don't dominate this part of the deal forum!) None of this is set in stone and is up for discussion. We need a 5th person that is willing to spend maybe $60 over the course of the year. I don't mind doing the buying cause I'm in Alberta with no PST. Anybody interested?

[quote name='snuter']Well it looks like there is 2 groups being setup so I hope this works out for everyone. So far here is the list of people confirmed for this group:

Snuter
Awworld
Habsfan08
Ahoy

We just need one more to setup the group. Here is the rundown for anyone that is interested. We are looking at about $5 per month and are focusing on new PSN releases. The group will vote for their top 3 choices for the next purchase that the group makes. If 4/5 of the purchases match, then that is what we'll buy. I am setting the group in the old CAG forum so that we can freely discuss the voting process (so that we don't dominate this part of the deal forum!) None of this is set in stone and is up for discussion. We need a 5th person that is willing to spend maybe $60 over the course of the year. I don't mind doing the buying cause I'm in Alberta with no PST. Anybody interested?[/quote]

Ahoy is in both groups?
Are we fighting for one person's affection?

I'll be interested in this group. Thanks!

[quote name='snuter']Well it looks like there is 2 groups being setup so I hope this works out for everyone. So far here is the list of people confirmed for this group:

Snuter
Awworld
Habsfan08
Ahoy

We just need one more to setup the group. Here is the rundown for anyone that is interested. We are looking at about $5 per month and are focusing on new PSN releases. The group will vote for their top 3 choices for the next purchase that the group makes. If 4/5 of the purchases match, then that is what we'll buy. I am setting the group in the old CAG forum so that we can freely discuss the voting process (so that we don't dominate this part of the deal forum!) None of this is set in stone and is up for discussion. We need a 5th person that is willing to spend maybe $60 over the course of the year. I don't mind doing the buying cause I'm in Alberta with no PST. Anybody interested?[/quote]

bread's done
Back