The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
We are looking for two more members for our Permanent game share group. The group is active and has been making regular purchases for 6~ months now. The following is a list of games we have already bought. PM if interested.

PJ:S
Braid
Trine
Wipeout DLC
MVC2
Flower
bf1943
shatter
Gravity Crash
Fat princes
Critter Crunch
Burnout DLC
Bomberman

Hey,
Has anyone gameshared Qore? I am wondering if Playstation Plus will be shareable as well? (I'd assume that Playstation Plus will probably function pretty similarly to Qore).

Looking to recycle some of my past gameshares. I've played through most of these games so I might as well past it on to the next gamer. I only have one share of each, so they are first come first serve. Will be glad to provide support to help you set everything up. All prices are at cost, so I make absolutely no profit on any of these. In fact, I actually lose a bit of money on a few of these as I've accounted for any price drops between when the gameshare was set up and now. Feel free to PM me any inquiries. Also, keep an eye peeled as I have a few more shares I'm thinking of selling off. Share #6 and #7 are worth $30/share but I realize that it's pretty hard to find someone who can put all of the stuff, mainly DLC, to use, so I lowered the price to make it more appealing.

Share #6
$25

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening DLC
+ The Darkspawn Chronicles DLC
+ Return to Ostagar DLC
+ Warden's Keep DLC
+ Feastday Pranks DLC
+ Feastday Gifts DLC

Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta DLC
+ Point Lookout DLC
+ Broken Steel DLC
+ Anchorage DLC
+ The Pitt DLC

Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC
+ The Underdome DLC
+ Zombie Island DLC

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Characters and Maps DLC

i have both map packs for cod , MvsC2, tmnt, rampage, FF7,RE2, some LBP dlc, borderlands dlc.
looking for Street fighter HD remix, mega man 9-10, disgaea 3 dlc, LBP dlc. pm me for questions ansewrs

i missed the 2 LBP free dlcs (solstice & sacktue)... might be a wasteful gameshare without other things

Doing a gameshare for Record of Agarest War. Already have four people, just waiting for one more before I make the purchase. PM if interested.

Edit: All done, nothing to see here.

looking for 2 more members for a new one time large gameshare.

these games r currently included:
Deathspank $15
Joe Danger $15
Grandia (PS1) $10
Final Fantasy VII (PS1) $10
Final Fantasy IX (PS1) $10

more games will be added once agreed upon. games in discussion to be added include pixeljunk games, final fantasy tactics, suikoden..

PM me if interested in joining.

[quote name='nastynas']looking for 2 more members for a new one time large gameshare.

these games r currently included:
Deathspank $15
Joe Danger $15
Grandia (PS1) $10
Final Fantasy VII (PS1) $10
Final Fantasy IX (PS1) $10

more games will be added once agreed upon. games in discussion to be added include pixeljunk games, final fantasy tactics, suikoden..

PM me if interested in joining.[/QUOTE]
only one more spot is left, get in now!

Anyone want to start a PS1/PSP gameshare group?
Here are a few of the titles I'm interested in:
- FF7,8,9
- Grandia
- R-Type Delta
- Crash Warped
- Spyro 3
- UmJammmer Lammy
- Castlevania Symphony
- Darkstalkers
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Capcom Classics
etc...

I'm looking for somebody who has DeathSpank to gameshare . I can offer a share in my gameshare account, which has Joe Danger, The Price Is Right and After Burner Climax.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm looking for somebody who has DeathSpank to gameshare . I can offer a share in my gameshare account, which has Joe Danger, The Price Is Right and After Burner Climax.[/QUOTE]

PM sent.

if anyone wants to join a gameshare with the following games, PM me. need one more member.

Deathspank $14.99
Joe Danger $14.99
Grandia (PS1) $9.99
Final Fantasy VII (PS1) $9.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS1) $9.99
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition $9.99
Soldner-X: Himmelsturmer and Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Bundle $17.99
Super Stardust HD Game Bundle $14.99
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) $9.99
Wipeout HD Bundle $24.99

The total amount is $28.96CDN per person.

Nope, it's legit. Check this out from the first page of the thread:

[quote name='heimdal']Q: This whole gamesharing thing sounds sketchy to me. Is it legit?

A: From CheapyD, the man himself:

Approved by Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingre.../2006/10/71982

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines.

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible." "It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fydo']Nope, it's legit. Check this out from the first page of the thread:[/QUOTE]

Check the date on that thread. Things change, and Sony has no issue doing a 180 on their policies when money is at stake. (Not intended as a knock against them!)

According to the current terms of service for PSN, GameSharing seems much much limited than it initially was. I've even heard that it's a bannable offence now, although am not sure that's true.

http://us.playstation.com/support/termsofuse/

Sounds like you are now allowed to share content on up to 3 machines, exclusively for your (or your family's) personal use. Will you get caught sharing games with others? Will anyone even care? Not likely. But what was once "legit" is now questionable at best.

Edit: Oh, also found this:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/...esharing-touchy-subject-how-come/m-p/46010747

The last post (by a moderator) indicates that GameSharing is a bannable offense. Doesn't seem to be evenly applied as such - some people report not getting banned despite Sony knowing they GameShare - but it's clearly possible. They also clarify that the number of consoles is 5 instead of the 3 indicated by ToS, something I had heard elsewhere but couldn't confirm.

It's something that I've been curious about for a while. There are a lot of mixed messages and old quotes floating around, so this thread finally made me curious enough to look for an "official" answer.

That said, GameSharing is difficult to police and it's unlikely that many people will be affected by the change in policy. I doubt any official statement will change what people choose to do, especially when this was advertised as a "feature" early in the PS3 lifecycle. Just be sure you know the risks before diving in.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have one share of Shank available for $3, is anyone interested? I love the game but I'm joining another group that includes Shank.[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything in PayPal right now but if you would be willing to wait a few days until the money appears in the account, I'll give you $7 for the share.

Hello i offer platinums instead of games ! i can give u Socom and Fuel platinum :) pm me if interested !

[quote name='lustyhitter']I don't have anything in PayPal right now but if you would be willing to wait a few days until the money appears in the account, I'll give you $7 for the share.[/QUOTE]
Something unexpected happened with one of my share groups and it's resulted in me needing to keep Shank. I should have updated my earlier post.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Something unexpected happened with one of my share groups and it's resulted in me needing to keep Shank. I should have updated my earlier post.[/QUOTE]

No problem.

if you do not want the platinum's i have 5 full games to game share
1:Burnout with all addons $40
2:Red Fraction $20
3:Section 8 $15
4:Trine $15
5.Rush Hour Anarchy $15
This totals to a big amount by guess around $105

Hey
So one of our long term gameshare members PS3s YLOD on him, so it looks like we need a new 5th member. We are looking at someone that wants to be a part of a gameshare on a more long term basis (perhaps adding $20 to the groups collective $100 pot every 8-12 months). We already have a forum set up where we discuss the games that we want and vote on them - 3 out of 5 votes to win. We only focus on newer games so we don't double buy games.

We currently have a few games that we are looking to purchase immediately:

Castle Crashers
Lara Croft Guardian of light
Deathspank: Throngs of virtue
Costume Quest

We are looking for the 5th member to buy in for $15 for this first round. (The above mentioned games will use approximately $63 of the groups $75 collective pot). We need someone who is serious (and reachable via email) for this group. You can pay either directly into the PSN wallet using your credit card, or via a PSN card or via Paypal.

Here are some previous games that the group has bought to give you an idea of the groups buying interests. (PLEASE NOTE: these items were bought on a different gameshare so you will not have access to them.)

PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Shooter
Critter Crunch
Braid
Flower
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Nobi Nobi Boy
Joe Danger
Trine
Fat Princess
Uncharted 2 DLC
Valkyria Chronicles DLC

[quote name='snuter']Hey
So one of our long term gameshare members PS3s YLOD on him, so it looks like we need a new 5th member.
You can pay either directly into the PSN wallet using your credit card, or via a PSN card or via Paypal. [/B] [/QUOTE]

doesnt that mean the 5th activation is still on that ps3?
& is that wise for sony to see multiple CCs on 1 account?

EDIT: i guess you were saying you'll start a new group since there's no access to those older games

Yeah, sorry if it was not clear. This will be a new group with 4 of the old members from my old group. (The 5th person isn't going to buy a new PS3 anytime soon).

Also, I never though about having multiple CCs on the same account. In the past, people have just sent the money to myself via Paypal and I put it in the PSN wallet. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='ValerianK']Doing a gameshare for Record of Agarest War. Already have four people, just waiting for one more before I make the purchase. PM if interested.

Edit: All done, nothing to see here.[/QUOTE]

Darn I just saw this game today at eb games and after looking it up thought about this thread right away.. Looks like I'm too late, I wonder if anyone else is interested in getting ready another group for this game.

[quote name='Faytz']Darn I just saw this game today at eb games and after looking it up thought about this thread right away.. Looks like I'm too late, I wonder if anyone else is interested in getting ready another group for this game.[/QUOTE]
i would be interested in a gameshare for record of agarest war, PM me if u want to host one.

The Americans seem disinterested in doing any gamesharing with me so I had to bump this up and ask for Canadian interest.

I'm looking for at least 2 people to do a gameshare with. The fee is $15 CAN (or for any Americans reading this $15 U.S.)

Stuff I'm looking to buy includes:

PacMan CE DX
The Hoard
Dead Nation
Prince Of Persia trilogy
Spelunker HD
V8 Superstar Racing (or whatever it's called)
Dragon's Lair
Any DLC for Gran Turismo 5, RDR and Black Ops
...and much more.

If anybody is interested, PM me. Two will be fine as a start. I have a $50 PSN card to start us off with.

[quote name='lustyhitter']The Americans seem disinterested in doing any gamesharing with me so I had to bump this up and ask for Canadian interest.

I'm looking for at least 2 people to do a gameshare with. The fee is $15 CAN (or for any Americans reading this $15 U.S.)

Stuff I'm looking to buy includes:

PacMan CE DX
The Hoard
Dead Nation
Prince Of Persia trilogy
Spelunker HD
V8 Superstar Racing (or whatever it's called)
Dragon's Lair
Any DLC for Gran Turismo 5, RDR and Black Ops
...and much more.

If anybody is interested, PM me. Two will be fine as a start. I have a $50 PSN card to start us off with.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, I'm in. Anyone else interested?

I'm still looking for one more person to join my gameshare. For $15, you'll get Pacman CE DX, Dead Nation, Spelunker HD and your choice of any other $9.99 game plus anything else I buy in the future. Please PM me if interested.

I Will Gameshare for pacman ce dx i have tekken 5,rag doll kung fu, street fighter 2hd,mortal kombat 2,motorstorm 3d rift and plenty more!!! psn teejaymackk84

[quote name='Faytz']Darn I just saw this game today at eb games and after looking it up thought about this thread right away.. Looks like I'm too late, I wonder if anyone else is interested in getting ready another group for this game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nastynas']i would be interested in a gameshare for record of agarest war, PM me if u want to host one.[/QUOTE]
looking for 3 more members still.. PM if interested.

I made a gameshare with a friend and am looking to sell off the final three spots in it. It is a UK gameshare as that was the only place that sold the one game I wanted. It has: Burnout Paradise with all of the DLC, Dead Space Extraction and Flight Control HD.

I am looking for $13 for each spot as it cost me $64 for those three games.

Are there any people in here still interested in gamesharing Mass Effect 2?

I'm willing to join an open group ASAP.

If no group's still open, I'm willing to buy the game and share it for 14$ as soon as I've got 3 other people interested.

Thanks!

Pub

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Don't have ME2 but if you're gonna start a share I'm right there with you.[/QUOTE]

Marvelous. Two to go.

bread's done
Back