The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
*** Closing my ME2 group ***

Thanks to all of you guys, I didn't expect such an enthusiastic response.

I'll contact you by PM.

Hey there CAG,

I'm looking to start a new long term gameshare (since I've just missed out on one). Usual voting practices I'm seeing on this forum would apply. Looking to start it with Mass Effect 2. I'm open to suggestions as to any other content. I already own a lot of content but would be willing to re-buy for the good of the group and if majority rules of course. I could either lead this gameshare or I could cede to a more experienced sharer, either way I'm in for the long haul and am looking for 4 other like-minded folks. I will also be posting this on RFD as I like both communities. BTW we would do this via Paypal, like other gameshares out there. PM me or post here. Now to start it out with a nifty PSN list thingy....

1. BogartandMinerva

Looking forward to this...

Other stuff I'm interested in:

Street Fighter Costume Packs
Upcoming Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC (I'm getting the Special Edition and would redeem my Jill & Shuma Gorath on the gameshare)
Fallout New Vegas DLC
Flower
and much, much more....

I'm looking to do a gameshare really only for MvC3 DLC, i'd feel much better about paying $1 for 6 costumes than $5.

I'd be in for the long haul of MvC3 which means i'll buy every DLC they put out, even if they are just nickel and dimming us.

Well, I'm definitely interested in the MvC3 stuff. I think the ME2 group had a dropout so I'm in with them. Thing is you only get 16 user slots on your PS3 and I don't want to clutter things up with a bunch of short term gameshares. If the MvC3 stuff appeals to you are you interested in the Streetfighter stuff? Also did you get the Special Edition of MvC3? As stated above I will be contributing my DLC code for Jill & Shuma Gorath to the group. Anyway, hopefully we get some more interest.

oh damn i didn't know you can only have 16 users on the ps3, looks like i'm almost at my limit. Btw i did get the LE for MvC3, I'm not sure if that stuff is shareable ?

Yeah it's shareable, you just have to redeem it on the communal account, I've done it in the past with DLC codes. Well I wasn't getting many bites on my gameshare but I've found a group on RFD, we're one person shy in a long term gameshare starting w/ ME2. You should have a look as they may interest you, they have MvC2 and Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix so they're likely into fighting games and are likely down for DLC on those games (I hope so anyway). Anyway, have a gander (anyone else is free to show interest as well).

I can't post links so it's at RFD/Forums/B,S,T/Group Buys/New PSN Game Share

You'll find us there.

Firstly, this group has no weekly spending cap or floor. Our purchases will be decided by weekly voting. This group will be purchasing PS3 games & Downloadable Content (DLC). PSP games will NOT be purchased (too difficult to share).

Weekly voting will begin when all nominated purchases are posted and the voting bracket is set up. There are three possible voting choices: Yes (I want to purchase), No (I do not want to purchase) or Indifferent (I already own the item, I have no strong feelings either way, I will not stop the group from making this purchase). In order for a purchase to be made it must have fewer than 2 No votes. It breaks down thusly:

5 Yes = Purchase
4 Yes, 1 No = Purchase
4 Yes, 1 Indifferent = Purchase
3 Yes, 1 No, 1 Indifferent = Purchase
3 Yes, 2 Indifferent = Purchase
2 Yes, 1 No, 2 Indifferent = Purchase
2 Yes, 3 Indifferent = Purchase
1 Yes, 1 No, 3 Indifferent = Purchase
1 Yes, 4 Indifferent = Purchase

There will be no instance where there are no Yes votes because the person who nominates the purchase will be voting Yes for it.

There are 5 members and each member will nominate 1 item per week for potential purchase. All 5 members will then vote on the purchase. Also included weekly will be the specials/discounts on the PSN Store. In the case that we have 5 Indifferent votes on one of those items we will have a forum discussion (forum is on RFD) as to purchase it or not (it likely will not be purchased as no one was moved enough to vote Yes).

PSN specials/discounts will be listed in this thread by me every Tuesday (or early Wednesday if PSN update is late). We would like all nominated purchases to be PMed to me or posted on the thread before midnight every Wednesday. Voting will then take place on Thursday/Friday. We would like all votes to be made by 5PM EST on Friday. I will then calculate the amount owing from each member and anticipate the payment to be sent to me via Paypal as soon as possible. Email money transfer is also acceptable as is cash for members who are in contact with each other. We anticipate the purchases will be made Friday night/Saturday, after which I will post on the thread that purchases have been made as well as PM/call the members to let them know they can begin their downloads.

As has already been agreed Mass Effect 2 as well as the current DLC for the game will be the first purchase, after which we will begin the process described above.

This group currently has 4 members. We are seeking a 5th member. Keep in mind that this is a long term group that is very much in it for the long haul. We will be making weekly purchases. Do not submit your interest lightly. All 4 current members know each other personally, it is not essential that we personally know the 5th but we will be screening thoroughly to ensure their idea of a gameshare is in line with ours.

Current Members

1. BogartandMinerva
2. Bogey07
3. cory61313
4. Philly402613
5. TB

PM me or reply to this post if interested...

1 slot of Castlevania SotN and FFVIII for trade.

Looking for pretty much any other psn game(s) so just PM me offers.

1 slot with Castlevania SotN and FFVIII for trade.

Looking for pretty much any other psn game(s) so just PM me offers.

game PS3 PSN i want:

Red Faction: Battlegrounds (action/shooter)
Moon Diver (action)
Rush'N Attack: Ex-Patriot (arcade/action)
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (action/arcade)
Hard Corps: Uprising (action/shooter)
Alien Breed™ 3: Descent (action/shooter)
Faery: Legends of Avalon (adventure)
Alpha Mission II (shooter)
Alien Breed™ 2: Assault (action/shooter)
PAC-MAN® Championship Edition DX (arcade)
Spelunker HD (arcade)
Crescent Pale Mist (action)
Alien Breed: Impact (action/shooter)
Blade Kitten (action)
Shank (action)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World™: The Game (action)
Death Spank (adventure)
Hitogata Happa (shooter)
Gundemonium Recollection (shooter)
GundeadliGne (shooter)
Rocket Knight (action/arcade)
Mega Man™ 10 (arcade)
Assault Heroes (arcade/shooter)
Braid (adventure)

ADD ON
Mass Effect 2 Arrival
Dragon Age™ II The Black Emporium
Dragon Age™ II The Exiled Prince
Dead Space™ 2 Severed
Castle Crashers Pink Knight Pack
Dead Space™ 2 Martial Law Pack
Dead Space™ 2 Hazard Pack
Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack
Fist Of The North Star®: Ken's Rage DLC Pack 7
Fist Of The North Star®: Ken's Rage DLC Pack 6
Fist Of The North Star®: Ken's Rage DLC Pack 5
Fist Of The North Star®: Ken's Rage DLC Pack 4
Fist Of The North Star®: Ken's Rage DLC Pack 3
Fist Of The North Star®: Ken's Rage DLC Pack 2
Fist Of The North Star®: Ken's Rage DLC Pack 1
Costume Quest Grubbins on Ice
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light A Hazardous Reunion Challenge Pack 3
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light All the Trappings Challenge Pack 1
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light Things That Go Boom Challenge Pack 2
Soldner X-2 The Last Chapter
DeathSpank™: Thongs Of Virtue Tankko the Warrior
DeathSpank™: Thongs Of Virtue The Snowy Mountain Dungeon
Just Cause 2 Agency Hovercraft
Just Cause 2 Bull’s Eye Assault Rifle
Just Cause 2 Chevalier Classic
Just Cause 2 Monster Truck
Just Cause 2 Black Market 'Boom' Pack

Hi everyone,

I'm just probing for the moment. I'd like to know if there are other RPG aficionados out there who would eventually like to share DLCs for the upcoming L.A. Noire, Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3. I know there are other good non-fantasy RPGs that are scheduled to be released in the next months and 2012, but I forgot which ones...

I don't know for Deus Ex, but for L.A. Noire and Mass Effect 3 we'll obviously be flooded with DLCs, so I think it'd be worth it.

Send me a PM if you'd be interested. I'll recontact you in May.

Thanks, and happy cheap gaming.

Pub

[quote name='legend101']is anyone gamesharing record of agarest war?

please add legend101 if you are.

i have only only have liitle big planet addon.[/QUOTE]

If you can find someone else, me and my friend are interested.

*Never mind just bought the game from zavvi. They're doing a deal with some games, comes out to $20cad for hard copy of the game.
http://www.zavvi.com/offers/2-for-25/games.list?affil=BUYAT

Why is this topic allowed on CAG? PlayStation®Network accounts are non-transferable and so is the content purchased on an account.

Selling one slot of Bionic Commando: Rearmed for $2.
Account was created sometime last year before the recent sale.
PM if interested.

I'm interested in doing 3 gameshares, 1 for the Prince of Persia HD Trilogy ($14.99 x 3), 1 for Mass Effect 2 ($59.99), and 1 for Record of Agarest War ($29.99).

Let me know if you're interested.

I can host as I've already done probably around 9-10 of them in the past on here and RFD.

No interest? It would be $9 for the PoP trilogy, $12 for Mass Effect 2, and $6 for Record of Agarest War. Don't be cheap! :)

Mass Effect 2 ($59.99) and the two DLCs: Arrival ($6.99) and Cerberus Pack ($14.99). Total cost is $82 so the price of each share will be $16.40.

1) Usuyami PAID
2) Xeerochild
3) StillFree PAID
4) Vigoram
5)

[DONE]inFAMOUS 2. Total price is $59.99 (no tax!) so the price of each share will be $12.00.

1) Usuyami PAID
2) canucks1234 PAID
3) Nightmare91 PAID
4) bcowns PAID
5) Waynetid PAID

[DONE]Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD ($39.99). The price of each share is $8.00. (no tax!)

1) Usuyami PAID
2) canucks1234 PAID
3) gray13wolf420 PAID
4) purplepanda PAID
5) B0W and Arrow PAID

Record of Agarest War ($29.99) + Points Pack 3 ($5) + 3 of the DLC Item Packs [Specifically #13 ($0.99), #14 ($1.99), and #16 ($1.99)]. Total price is $40 so the price of each share is $8.00.

1) Usuyami PAID
2) Jokerkun890
3) Trueblade PAID
4)
5)

Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks. Paypal preferred.

Also have 1 share to sell of this account with the following:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Characters and Maps
Borderlands Zombie Island
Borderlands The Underdome
Borderlands The Secret Armory of General K
Fallout 3: The Pitt
Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage
Fallout 3: Broken Steel
Fallout 3: Point Lookout
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta
Dragon Age: Origins Awakening
Dragon Age: Origins Blightblood
Dragon Age: Origins Feastday Combo Pack
Dragon Age: Origins Return to Ostagar
Dragon Age: Origins The Darkspawn Chronicles
Dragon Age: Origins Warden's Keep
LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation Racers PSP
Dead Nation
WipEout HD + Fury Add-On

$10 :)

Last call for Record of Agarest War before Jokerkun backs out. If you want in, say it now!

Record of Agarest War
($29.99) + Points Pack 3 ($5) + 3 of the DLC Item Packs [Specifically #13 ($0.99), #14 ($1.99), and #16 ($1.99)]. Total price is $40 so the price of each share is $8.00.

1) Usuyami PAID
2) Jokerkun890 PAID
3) Trueblade PAID
4)
5)

Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks. Paypal preferred.

Hello everyone! I am interested in starting a new long-term gameshare as my last one was going great until one of the members went missing. I've probably ran nearly 20 gameshares by now on RFD and CAG so I consider myself pretty qualified to continue doing so. I mainly operate out of RFD but I've had good experiences dealing with people on CAG so I thought I'd extend the offer to you guys as well.
icon_smile.gif

My current plans for this long-term gameshare is to not set a monthly limit, but rather to buy according to our preferences. Theoretically, this means that some months we could spend as much as $30 each and some months we could spend $0. It all depends on the quality of the games being offered and how many of our members want them.

To start out, each member will contribute $30 either by sending me the money through Paypal, sending me the code for $30 in PSN cards or depositing the money into the PSN account themselves. When funds have been depleted, members will be reminded to refill. Games will not be bought if there are insufficient funds.

The games to be bought are decided by vote. Each week, either Tuesday or Wednesday (after PSN updates), I will send a PM with the new games and deals of the week and any other game members may have suggested for vote. Members can then vote whether they want(1), are indifferent(0), or do not want(-1) a game. The votes will then be tallied up and anything with a total of 2 or higher will be bought. I will try to remind you if you forget, but if you do not vote by the day of the next update, you will automatically be written down as indifferent. You do not have to vote for all the games available at the same time and you are allowed to change your vote as long as you send me a PM before the next update.

PS3 disc games that are also offered on PSN will not be included in votes unless requested by a member. The same applies for PS3 minis, PS1 games, and themes.

Any DLC that is not an add-on to a previously bought game in the gameshare will not be put up to vote. The same applies for PSP games and avatars.

I am insisting that this group gets a 1 year subscription to PS+ for three reasons: 1) to enforce commitment 2) to take advantage of some good deals for PS+ members this week 3) it'll very likely save us a fair amount of money in the long run.

I know I wrote a lot but I want to make sure I get a good group for this long-term gameshare that I hope will last for a very very long time.

If you're fairly active, not afraid to spend, and willing to commit for the long-term; please send me a PM with a list of PSN games you already have and what type of games you are interested in.

Thank you for your time!

My previous long-term gameshare

Usuyami is mainly interested in: RPGs, Action-Adventure games, Puzzle games

Current members:
FILLED

I don't want to tell you guys what to do or cramp your style, but you'll find groups easier and faster in the general PSN share thread in the Playstation forum (outside of the Canada forum.) The US-created share accounts all work on your Canadian PSN account/PS3s if that has you worried or whatever. Been doing it for a few years. Just a tip, I just don't see any reason to restrict yourself to Canadian members.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't want to tell you guys what to do or cramp your style, but you'll find groups easier and faster in the general PSN share thread in the Playstation forum (outside of the Canada forum.) The US-created share accounts all work on your Canadian PSN account/PS3s if that has you worried or whatever. Been doing it for a few years. Just a tip, I just don't see any reason to restrict yourself to Canadian members.[/QUOTE]

Already been doing that myself. :) This Canadian GS thread is more of an afterthought nowadays. ;)

selling 1 slot of borderlands with all DLCs for $12, and bionic commando: rearmed for $2.

willing to trade borderlands with all DLCs for infamous 2 or a gameshare with a bunch of games.

these were purchased awhile ago before the recent sales. PM please.

I know this isn't heavily used anymore, but was wondering if there were any groups/individuals that would be interested in trading/sharing Tiger Woods 2012 courses for a few psn games? Or if somebody could point me in the right direction in the social groups, that'd also be appreciated. :D

I have Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid 1. I also have inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Dead Nation, WipeOut, Stardust HD, Killzone Liberation, LittleBigPlanet Portable, Battlefield 1943 and all of the Killzone 2 DLC. I may also be able to share my Back to Karkand pack and GameStop preorder DLC unless they find a way to stop gamesharing on it. I don't want to deal with thieves though. I've already had a bad experience with one and he said FFVII and Metal Gear Solid didn't work. He may have lied to gain access to my account again though (I told him to screw off after he deleted all my friends and didn't pay me).

I also have some demos that are no longer on the Playstation Store like Vanquish story demo and challenge demo (I think one was taken off the store). I started downloading demos in 2009 though. I am looking for flOw, Flower and hopefully Bad Company 2 Vietnam (before BF3 releases otherwise there is no point :p). I don't have a dummy account so I will trust people who aren't evil. :)

Just figured I'd post this here to give the share I'm hoping to get maximum exposure.

Since the changeover date is approaching soon, I'm starting a new share that will preferably focus on the PS2 Classics (as well as Street Fighter 3 and X-Men for now). I'd like to keep this ongoing as well if we're able to (if Sony allows pre-18th shares to continue to split costs 5 ways). More details are here:

http://gametz.com/forum/USER%3A2097/topic/438218.html#new

The specific games on the list as of now are: PS2 Classics ($2 apiece each)
- God Hand ($9.99)
- GrimGrimoire ($9.99)
- Maximo: Ghosts to Glory ($9.99)
- Raiden III ($9.99)

PSN Games ($2-$3 apiece each) (optional, depending on interest levels)
- Street Fighter III (14.99)
- X-Men (9.99)

More games can be added as well, depending on what whoever wants to join is looking for. I am looking to have a 4/5 majority rules voting system though (on a game by game basis for anything $9.99 and under. Anything more expensive than that will require 5/5), to be fair to all members, and to make things easier to run overall.

I've run shares with members from here and GTZ before without a problem (I don't mind relaying messages, and log onto each site regularly), and certainly wouldn't mind doing it again, since this is basically the last shot we have at this stuff for this little.

[quote name='ShoryukenII']I have Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid 1. I also have inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Dead Nation, WipeOut, Stardust HD, Killzone Liberation, LittleBigPlanet Portable, Battlefield 1943 and all of the Killzone 2 DLC. I may also be able to share my Back to Karkand pack and GameStop preorder DLC unless they find a way to stop gamesharing on it. I don't want to deal with thieves though. I've already had a bad experience with one and he said FFVII and Metal Gear Solid didn't work. He may have lied to gain access to my account again though (I told him to screw off after he deleted all my friends and didn't pay me).

I also have some demos that are no longer on the Playstation Store like Vanquish story demo and challenge demo (I think one was taken off the store). I started downloading demos in 2009 though. I am looking for flOw, Flower and hopefully Bad Company 2 Vietnam (before BF3 releases otherwise there is no point :p). I don't have a dummy account so I will trust people who aren't evil. :)[/QUOTE]
I don't mean to be rude, but you're doing it wrong. Never share your own personal account, it's not smart and very risky.

bread's done
Back