The Cinema

Nematode

CAGiversary!
Has anyone seen Alexander? The reviews were horrible, but I love big war movies (Braveheart is my favorite movie)? I almost went to see it over the break but my fam and I ended up seeing National Treasure with everyone else in the country which was good and I am glad I saw it instead of going to a potentially horrible Alexander.

[quote name='Nematode']Has anyone seen Alexander? The reviews were horrible, but I love big war movies (Braveheart is my favorite movie)? I almost went to see it over the break but my fam and I ended up seeing National Treasure with everyone else in the country which was good and I am glad I saw it instead of going to a potentially horrible Alexander.[/quote]
Heard Alexander was the worst movie ever

Saw Alexander and it wasn't very good at all...Lacks continuity and goes from random battles without placing them in context. Also plays up his homosexuality. Overall Troy was a better movie, and Troy wasn't that good.

Alexander isn't horrible, per se: its merely boring, meaningless and badly written. It spends far too long on one plot point, then completely blows past the next 2 only so it can drag on forever on another one. The pacing is simply terrible, and the movie simply falls apart because of it. The whole 'gay' thing isn't nearly as overblown as its been made out to be: its simply that its a subplot that doesn't have a main plot to hide behind. If there was an actual storyline here, then the gay thing would simply be a small part of the movie. Without a story, it winds up feeling like a major plotpoint because there's simply nothing else to hold the movie together.

I heard Rosario Dawson is naked in it. That would be the only reason I would want to see it, but I probably never will.

[quote name='roland13x']If you like National Treasure, please stay away from Alexander.[/quote]

Could you explain? I havent seen either, but I think both look completly terrible. I mean, just god-awful. I figured they could be lumped in the same movie trash dumpster...

[quote name='Drocket']Alexander isn't horrible, per se: its merely boring, meaningless and badly written. It spends far too long on one plot point, then completely blows past the next 2 only so it can drag on forever on another one. The pacing is simply terrible, and the movie simply falls apart because of it. The whole 'gay' thing isn't nearly as overblown as its been made out to be: its simply that its a subplot that doesn't have a main plot to hide behind. If there was an actual storyline here, then the gay thing would simply be a small part of the movie. Without a story, it winds up feeling like a major plotpoint because there's simply nothing else to hold the movie together.[/quote]

So...how is it not horrible? :wink:

[quote name='zewone']I heard Rosario Dawson is naked in it. That would be the only reason I would want to see it, but I probably never will.[/quote]

I give it a week after it hits DVD before her scene is online. Hell, it probably is now, even if the quality is crap.

[quote name='zewone']I heard Rosario Dawson is naked in it. That would be the only reason I would want to see it, but I probably never will.[/quote]

Same here.

bread's done
Back