The Complete Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD $41.99

Not to hi-jack your thread or anything, but does this set count for the CC in-store 50% off sale? If so, they would be around $40 + tax there.

I'm thinking about picking them up if so. Does anyone have these? Are they worth the $40?

[quote name='Cloggerdude']Not to hi-jack your thread or anything, but does this set count for the CC in-store 50% off sale? If so, they would be around $40 + tax there.

I'm thinking about picking them up if so. Does anyone have these? Are they worth the $40?[/quote]

If you can find it at a CC yes it's part of the 50% off. My brother picked up the last Ultimate collection at our local CC Sunday for 49.99 (MSRP 99.99). Yeah it's a better deal again if you can find it. But Amazon you can get the regular edition Matrix collection for 39.99 from your gold box free ship and no tax so it your choice.

To answer you I have the set and can say it's worth 40 easy. The transfers look amazing and the audio is top notch. The question you have to ask your self is how much do you like the last two? Me I liked Reloaded and I didn't hate Revolutions as much as others so I think 40 is worth it.

Thanks for the information man.

I think I am going to pick the set up at my local CC. They had the original price stickered at $79.99, so even if they ring up at $49.99 I can hopefully argue that it should be 50% off sticker price.

Like I said, I didn't mean to threadcrap or anything. This really is a good deal for people whose CC's don't have the set in stock, or who don't mind waiting for shipping.

Couldn't pass this up. I've been looking for this set knowing its going to drop in price. I'm a little paranoid about finding the good HD-DVDs like this, because Best Buy is no longer selling them (sent to manufacturer). It seems like it won't be long before you won't be able to find HD-DVDs any more through B&M retail or online retail sites.

There are two versions of The Matrix on HD-DVD. The Complete Matrix has the 3 movies and is $80 sticker at CC. The Ultimate Matrix has the 3 movies plus the Animatrix plus some extra bonus features and is $100 sticker at CC. Personally, I think it worth the extra money.

Keep in mind that getting the 50% off is YMMV. When I bought the Ultimate set on Sunday, the computer didn't drop the price automatically and I had to convince the cashier to give me the discount.

Complete Matrix has been $41.99 for over a month on Amazon. Spend the extra $8-10 on the Ultimate. In the cheaper version, Animatrix is included as a download for the 360, and in the better set, you get it in disc form.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']If you can find it at a CC yes it's part of the 50% off. My brother picked up the last Ultimate collection at our local CC Sunday for 49.99 (MSRP 99.99). Yeah it's a better deal again if you can find it. But Amazon you can get it for 39.99 from your gold box free ship and no tax so it your choice.

To answer you I have the set and can say it's worth 40 easy. The transfers look amazing and the audio is top notch. The question you have to ask your self is how much do you like the last two? Me I liked Reloaded and I didn't hate Revolutions as much as others so I think 40 is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the Complete Matrix Trilogy is $79.99, or $40 at the CC 50% off sale.
The Ultimate Matrix Collection is $99.99, or $50 at the CC 50% off sale.

Ah, sorry for the confusion guys.

I will probably still stick with the Complete version even though it's only a $10 difference. Since I'm using a 360 HD-DVD player I don't mind the Animatrix being a download.

Of course, it's always nicer to have something on disc. On second thought, maybe I actually will just get the Ultimate version....

Thanks for the head up, but $40 still sounds like a lot compared to some of the other HD-DVD firesales that have been going on (Planet Earth for $25

one other thing to consider is that in the movie only set you get discs with artwork...the ultimate collection has double sided discs (I think...)

-mattyp

$10 is the magic price point for me to pick up HD DVDs that I really want, I keep hoping one day to look at Amazon & see this set for $30, then I'll bite in seconds.

[quote name='twen']Complete Matrix has been $41.99 for over a month on Amazon. Spend the extra $8-10 on the Ultimate. In the cheaper version, Animatrix is included as a download for the 360, and in the better set, you get it in disc form.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, no.

Only get the Ultimate edition if you love combo discs and don't have the 10 disc set on DVD.

Everything it adds is just SD content.

Just for more clarification, The Animatrix isn't in HD on the disc or XBL download sadly. I coughed up for the Ultimate set on Amazon last month because I thought it'd be in 1080p as well, hah. All the bonus material are on 2 DVDs, including Animatrix

Don't forget the other 3 discs.

There's 5 combo discs matching the content of the 10 DVD set. 3 HD DVD + 7 DVD. :)

[quote name='geeknhard']$10 is the magic price point for me to pick up HD DVDs that I really want, I keep hoping one day to look at Amazon & see this set for $30, then I'll bite in seconds.[/QUOTE]

Precisely.

I just ordered the regular trilogy from Amazon, and it doesn't appear to be in stock. It said it should arrive within 1-2 weeks. Just thought I'd give a heads up so no one else would get upset that it didn't arrive in the normal 5 days.

*edit* Okay, this morning they sent an email saying that it would be delayed. Then they just sent me an email that says it was shipped. Nevermind.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Do the movies really benefit from the transfer to HD-DVD?[/QUOTE]

There is not a big enough yes to this answer.

The video and audio are amazing. Not to mention, all three movies have the In Movie Experience (picture-in-picture commentary)

Just to clarify/muddle things a little more...

None of the featurettes or Animatrix are HD in the Ultimate or Complete, just the movies. What this means is that if you already have the Non-HD Ultimate set (And aren't planning on selling or getting rid of it), then the Complete is actually a better purchase, because not only is it cheaper, but it comes with the X-Box 360 downloadable Animatrix. I'm always good with more perks for less...

[quote name='Darthjer']Just to clarify/muddle things a little more...

None of the featurettes or Animatrix are HD in the Ultimate or Complete, just the movies. What this means is that if you already have the Non-HD Ultimate set (And aren't planning on selling or getting rid of it), then the Complete is actually a better purchase, because not only is it cheaper, but it comes with the X-Box 360 downloadable Animatrix. I'm always good with more perks for less...[/QUOTE]

Except that the DVD boxsets have always been a pain in the ass to store nicely on the shelf for quick access.

[quote name='twen']Complete Matrix has been $41.99 for over a month on Amazon. Spend the extra $8-10 on the Ultimate. In the cheaper version, Animatrix is included as a download for the 360, and in the better set, you get it in disc form.[/QUOTE]

Unless you already have The Animatrix on DVD because it's the same thing. Yes, 30+ hours of special features, but if you love The Matrix THAT MUCH, you need to go kill yourself.

Worth noting, however, that the cheaper set's Animatrix 360 code has expired as of 12/31/07, so if you don't have The Animatrix, you should definitely get the Ultimate collection.

[quote name='redgopher']Worth noting, however, that the cheaper set's Animatrix 360 code has expired as of 12/31/07, so if you don't have The Animatrix, you should definitely get the Ultimate collection.[/QUOTE]

Even though it's "expired", it still works.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']dumb question... what is gold box?[/QUOTE]

a 'GOLD BOX' will appear on the upper left center area of your Amazon.com homepage if your a registered Amazon user. In it you will find items with special addtl. discounted pricing based on both your wishlist as well as your browsing history.

Alas, checking the gold box for content from time to time offers addtl. deals that are not avail to others, but the addtl. discount is usually not very much beyond the sale price.

[quote name='redgopher']Worth noting, however, that the cheaper set's Animatrix 360 code has expired as of 12/31/07, so if you don't have The Animatrix, you should definitely get the Ultimate collection.[/quote]

I bought it two weeks ago and had no problem downloading the Animatrix... I didn't even look for an expiration date...

[quote name='jeromechef']God all I want is the first one. Why can I not just buy that separately?![/quote]

I would not expect that anytime soon considering when it comes out on blu ray they will box set it again. On that note there will be no new HD DVDs so it looks like box set now or wait forever for the blu ray single.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I would not expect that anytime soon considering when it comes out on blu ray they will box set it again. On that note there will be no new HD DVDs so it looks like box set now or wait forever for the blu ray single.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you are willing to import, you could get it as a single but really, you would be better off just buying The Complete Matrix Trilogy and than eBaying the two other movies.

[quote name='Sporadic']Actually, if you are willing to import, you could get it as a single but really, you would be better off just buying The Complete Matrix Trilogy and than eBaying the two other movies.[/quote]

I would concur with that assessment.

[quote name='redgopher']Worth noting, however, that the cheaper set's Animatrix 360 code has expired as of 12/31/07, so if you don't have The Animatrix, you should definitely get the Ultimate collection.[/quote]

I bought it two weeks ago and had no problem downloading the Animatrix... I didn't even look for an expiration date...

[quote name='jeromechef']God all I want is the first one. Why can I not just buy that separately?![/quote]

I would not expect that anytime soon considering when it comes out on blu ray they will box set it again. On that note there will be no new HD DVDs so it looks like box set now or wait forever for the blu ray single.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I would not expect that anytime soon considering when it comes out on blu ray they will box set it again. On that note there will be no new HD DVDs so it looks like box set now or wait forever for the blu ray single.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you are willing to import, you could get it as a single but really, you would be better off just buying The Complete Matrix Trilogy and than eBaying the two other movies.

[quote name='Sporadic']Actually, if you are willing to import, you could get it as a single but really, you would be better off just buying The Complete Matrix Trilogy and than eBaying the two other movies.[/quote]

I would concur with that assessment.

bread's done
Back