The Contender

Wow, what a fight last night. I really thought Alfonso was going to pull it out, but Peter outworked him in that last round.

I'm looking for Sergio to work Jesse's busted eye.

In the end, I think Sergio is just too big for Peter to handle.

Also, this is extremely bad news.

NBC is canceling the fourth installment of the "Law & Order" series, "Trial By Jury," which lost star Jerry Orbach shortly after production began. The Mark Burnett/Sylvester Stallone boxing series "The Contender," "American Dreams" and "Third Watch" are also not returning.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Also, this is extremely bad news.

NBC is canceling the fourth installment of the "Law & Order" series, "Trial By Jury," which lost star Jerry Orbach shortly after production began. The Mark Burnett/Sylvester Stallone boxing series "The Contender," "American Dreams" and "Third Watch" are also not returning.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo![/QUOTE]

:bomb:fuck:bomb:

I just don't understand why people aren't watching this show. It really is that damn good. It's soooo hard not to become at least a little bit emotionally invested in it.

Well, if anyone is willing to put any CAG money on the final fight, JimmieMac was kind enough to start a Contender Bookie thread. I've got $250 on Sergio to win this bitch!!!

Edit: Jimmie beat me to mentioning his thread...

Man, you really gotta download them from somewhere. It really is quality tv. These guys go at and really knock the shit outta each other. Fox really knows how to make boxing more entertaining.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Man, you really gotta download them from somewhere. It really is quality tv. These guys go at and really knock the shit outta each other. Fox really knows how to make boxing more entertaining.[/QUOTE]

FOX!?!?!?! lol It's not fox who does the show its NBC i believe. But yea I cant believe they arent making another contender this show is soo damn good. But I hope sergio beats Jesse and then Peter beats Sergio. I mean size wise Peter looks a lil bigger but Sergio is one bad ass mofo. He's fast as hell and could make Peter use his power against himself just like he did against Ishe. I really cant wait til Sunday.

[quote name='pimpinc333']FOX!?!?!?! lol It's not fox who does the show its NBC i believe. But yea I cant believe they arent making another contender this show is soo damn good. But I hope sergio beats Jesse and then Peter beats Sergio. I mean size wise Peter looks a lil bigger but Sergio is one bad ass mofo. He's fast as hell and could make Peter use his power against himself just like he did against Ishe. I really cant wait til Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Hah hah, whoops!

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Sergio all the way baby! He took down Jesse and Peter is next! Vegas baby, VEGAS!!![/QUOTE]

I want Peter. Peter all the way baby!

I went into the show wanting Sergio to win, but by the time the fight was going on, I couldn't help but want Jesse to win. Too bad, though. He started the fight way too slow and looked really timid.

I wish he came out stronger earlier. It seemed like he needed a good pop in the face to get him motivated.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I went into the show wanting Sergio to win, but by the time the fight was going on, I couldn't help but want Jesse to win. Too bad, though. He started the fight way too slow and looked really timid.

I wish he came out stronger earlier. It seemed like he needed a good pop in the face to get him motivated.[/QUOTE]

Yea it was werid why he didnt come out swinging. For like the first three rounds he didnt get anything going good. I think he thought that Sergio was gonna make him use his power against him just like sergio did to Ishe. But this fight will be good. Sergio has way too much confidence in winning this thing and it could haunt him. Also Peter after is win against Joey got taught those lessons from that one great tariner dude, I think that could help him alot as it did with the fight with alfonso.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, tonight's the night. I think Sergio is going to be too quick and outwork Peter. I think it will go to a decision, and Sergio will win.[/QUOTE]

He is really really quick. Peter just needs to play it smart and fight like he did when he fought alfonso and victory shall be his lol

Even though Peter has a a killer jab, that mofo never uses it and always wants to get inside (forehead to forehead) and work the guy. Sergio is going to dance around him, plant his feet and tag Peter a couple times, then dance out. That's Sergio's gameplan. I think Peter's gonna get worked while trying to close the distance so he can get close and bang. His best bet is to try and back Sergio into a corner and keep him there. Though I doubt Sergio will let him.

Gonna be a great fight! :bouncy:

Excellent fight, but it went down exactly like I said it would. Sergio was just too big and quick for Peter.

Sergio deserved this win. He was a class act throughout the entire show, and I'm glad he can use the money.

Now he just needs to tell his mama he loves her.

Tonights fight wasnt good at all IMO. Peter was hugging tooo much and Sergio was ass clowning around in the ring. The bronze medal fight was hella good though.

I could kinda understand Peter's tactic. He was trying to stay in close so Sergio's long ass arms couldn't hit him. But when he got in close, he really didn't do much.

What was up with Sergio licking his blood?

Yeah, I was proud of Alfonso. He showed up and proved he is one helluva fighter.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Tonights fight wasnt good at all IMO. Peter was hugging tooo much and Sergio was ass clowning around in the ring.[/QUOTE]

Are you insane?!! Peter was hugging and holding cause he was tired from eating a lot of wicked lefthook body shots. He figured he could manhandle Sergio by leaning on him against the ropes and throw shots where Sergio couldn't run away from him. It was actually a pretty good strategy. Unfortunately for Peter, Sergio just simply destroyed him on the inside by landing incredibly hard shots that he was damn near leaping into, since he was twisting his body so much to get all the leverage he could. In the later rounds Sergio knew that Peter was done/out of gas, so he just simply raped him for the rest of the fight. Sergio took breaks when he wanted and then announcied to the crowd (and Peter's corner) when he was gonna turn it on and work Peter over.

It was an EXCELLENT fight. I'd love to see a rematch.

Great fight.

I cant believe they have cancelled it for next season...

Thats terrible.

Sergio was playing with Peters Mind when he licked his blood. Plus it pobably got the crowd going.

Looking back it took him to really get hit in the eye by jesse to get Sergio to step his game up... Same thing here with the exception that peter almost looked like he was drugged.

It was like a Tyson fight or something and Peter was getting taken by a much lighter fighter.

sergio was obviously the better fighter, i really enjoyed the last bit of explosion from sergio near the end. he really made peter look weak.

Dont get me wrong i like alphonso, i think the kid is amazing but Jesse was my favorite throughout the entire show. Is it just me or last night did Jesse not seem like the same guy that has been on the show for monthes, maybe alphonso was just too much for him to handle but he seemed out of his element just like when he fought sergio.

Sucks this isn't going to be back next year, this was easily my favorite show on tv right now.

I have been thinking that it may have been the weather or moreso the temperature.

I heard them mention at least twice that the temp was well into 95 degrees inside their witht he air conditioner working...

Now once you get heated up it has to be over 100 degrees. The heavier guys seemed to almost be alseep out there yesterday. Maybe they didnt train for the heat?

bread's done
Back