The Counter-Strike Topic

I used to until it switched to source my pc could not handle source. Dust 2 was probably my fav map and I love the auto snipers although it sucks when they super powered them because now everyone uses them.

I couldn't get used to source, I guess I'll try it when i get HL2.

Otherwise I usually don't play CS, but I will now to past time in the summer with no school.

I played CS, and even ran a CS server, then there were lots of people and people throwing a fit if they were banned or kicked from the server, and... It just got old.

I'd probably play CS Source if Valve wasn't the antichrist and inflicted Steam on you.

I play CS:S, but I think I've capped out on my skill level, I generally play on the i2 Hubs (which are what all the major US Colleges are on, so it's basically a bunch of CS geeks,) where I get royally owned, for the most part. But if I jump on a public server I end up like the other day, when I went 14-3 with a 13-0 run.

There's no happy medium with the players now, People are either insanely good, or insanely bad.

Ive tried playing on my HDTv, but the way my room is situated, i have to crook my neck to see the Tv, so doesn't really work out that well. Looks nice while it lasts though. Nice that CS has a video setting for widescreen.

I have been playing cs for a few years now, and I just got source the other day......any good servers to recommend?

[quote name='easy_g']just started playing source off and on recently. i tend to prefer office and aztec.[/QUOTE]

Aztec is rather lopsided... if you have a CT team that is anything but completely retarded, they should win. Hold sniping down the bridge, hang out by the ramps to B and A, and you're pretty much good to go. Alternatively, with numerical superiority, just rush doubledoors/bridge. If they go under, there's a good chance you can catch up to them and defuse at A or B.

Office is pretty balanced and fun, though.

[quote name='WildWop']Aztec is rather lopsided... if you have a CT team that is anything but completely retarded, they should win. Hold sniping down the bridge, hang out by the ramps to B and A, and you're pretty much good to go. Alternatively, with numerical superiority, just rush doubledoors/bridge. If they go under, there's a good chance you can catch up to them and defuse at A or B.

Office is pretty balanced and fun, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know how lopsided it can be, but for some reason i still like it. I still haven't developed a taste for those smaller free for all maps like ice world and scouts/knives though. I prefer a little more room and a little less pure twitch gameplay. That's were UT2K4 comes in handy.

My computer won't run CS:S and CS says I have an invalid CD key even though I already had CS installed for 2 years.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can flow the voice chat to my headset's earpiece rather than using the PC speakers? It always comes across as mumbling to me, since the voice gets drowned out by in-game sounds...

[quote name='el bobo']My computer won't run CS:S and CS says I have an invalid CD key even though I already had CS installed for 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Sierra was the publisher at the time, and they reprinted many CD keys.

Contact Valve for help, and a new key.

4 years of CS and 5 seasons of Cal-IM/M....the game had sucked my life away but I stopped for about a year....then Source came out...:(

Cept Source doesn't feel like CS. It feels more like deathmatch. The hitboxes are absolute trash, I see people shoot at someone's stomach and get a headshot with an mp5 (doesn't spray upward like the AK), it's BS. But its still very fun regardless. Cept there's way too much environment noises, can't hear footsteps at all.

TFC is king as well. Have you guys seen Fortress Forever? TF on the Source engine...*drool*. google it and check out the website, the progress looks very good.

[quote name='stocker08']i play CS on xbox live all the time. But it has major lag issues...........[/QUOTE]

I've been playing for over a year on Live and I have never, ever had lag with CS..

I prefer Team Fortress Classic

Same, but the TFC server I admined at (at one point, #1 ranked by traffic @ OGL) for the better part of five years closed earlier this month because the owner was switching jobs.. *sigh*.. I know some of the people there so well it's almost like they're family.

You TFC lovers should really be waiting on www.fortress-forever.com

Cept Source doesn't feel like CS. It feels more like deathmatch. The hitboxes are absolute trash, I see people shoot at someone's stomach and get a headshot with an mp5 (doesn't spray upward like the AK), it's BS. But its still very fun regardless. Cept there's way too much environment noises, can't hear footsteps at all.

It balances gameplay, not being able to hear footsteps.. though I can hear them on mine. I agree that the hitboxes are trash. I've aimed a good 5 inches away from a head and got a headshot. I only play Source against bots.. it's quite fun, especially since the bots use radio commands and respond to yours.

TFC is king as well. Have you guys seen Fortress Forever? TF on the Source engine...*drool*. google it and check out the website, the progress looks very good.

Whoops. I shilled out the site before I saw your post. But definately, definately, definately check that site out. It's looking great.

[quote name='Scorch']

It balances gameplay, not being able to hear footsteps.. though I can hear them on mine. I agree that the hitboxes are trash. I've aimed a good 5 inches away from a head and got a headshot. I only play Source against bots.. it's quite fun, especially since the bots use radio commands and respond to yours.
[/QUOTE]

I meant can't hear them very well, its 2:30 AM so I'm not thinking entirely too well. I mean Aztec, you cant even use the "stopsound" command anymore, or even the cl_weather 0 command. I probably just haven't gotten used to playing with the rain on the map since now I'm forced to... And Dust and Dust2 have music??? Unnecessary.

I love CS in general and started playing 1.5 in 2002. Then I stopped when 1.6 came out since I didnt wanna buy a steam account. About 3months ago, I got HL2 and CS:S free with a graphics card so I've been playing since. And yeah, the hitboxes really really suck. Especially when you watch awpers hit someone when they literally shot right next to the body.

However I stopped playing CS:S for medical reasons...I played too much and I think I'm starting to get mild Carpel Tunnel lol. And also I just got Guild Wars so I'm playing that as well.

Time to bump this old girl. I'm completely addicted to CS: S. I have to yet to see many of the problems you guys mentioned, but I never played CS, so maybe I just don't know. If anybody wants to grab Xfire and hit up a server, feel free to contact me.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Time to bump this old girl. I'm completely addicted to CS: S. I have to yet to see many of the problems you guys mentioned, but I never played CS, so maybe I just don't know. If anybody wants to grab Xfire and hit up a server, feel free to contact me.[/QUOTE]

There's your problem. Anyone have that Source hitbox video? That shit is hilarious.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Time to bump this old girl. I'm completely addicted to CS: S. I have to yet to see many of the problems you guys mentioned, but I never played CS, so maybe I just don't know. If anybody wants to grab Xfire and hit up a server, feel free to contact me.[/QUOTE]

end of the week, I should have HL2, so we could play a little then

I used to play CS every single day, on this server 3pound(###), it was amazing, but then one day i just stopped for a little while and i never got back into it...

fun game tho, i dont have source however, do people still play the old counterstrike?

[quote name='brainstorm']I used to play CS every single day, on this server 3pound(###), it was amazing, but then one day i just stopped for a little while and i never got back into it...

fun game tho, i dont have source however, do people still play the old counterstrike?[/QUOTE]

Of course. Source is too easy/boring to leave 1.6 behind.

Me and MorbidAngel are planning to play CS:S tonight, so if anyone is interested in joining us, feel free to hit me up on AIM (icerender48) or PM me and we'll hook up tonight.

Pretty sad when I play CS:S on my comp... I can see it go from 40 to 10 fps if i see more than one person on screen.

Oh wells, I could always play it on the other comp, but that one isn't in my room.

bread's done
Back