The Crossing is COMING TO 360!!!

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
From Joystiq.com:

Alright, wrap your head around this one. Arkane Studios latest FPS, previewed in the latest Games for Windows Magazine, isn't your average first person shooter ... in fact, they're calling it a "crossplayer" FPS. In short, the single- and multi-player elements of the game are merged, so those heretofore mindless enemies -- yup, they're your fellow carbon-based mammals. It's all a little confusing (watch the videos embedded after the break to get a better idea) but the good news is it'll be confusing on both the Windows and Xbox 360 platforms!

According to
a job offer on Arkane's site, the Lyon, France-based developer is looking for a programmer to "handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360 version of [The Crossing]." "Crossplayer" game called The Crossing (with knights from the Crusades) going cross-platform ... if ever there was a game that needed some Xbox Live Anywhere integration. Get on it, Arkane!

KICKASS!!!
It seems like no day goes by without an awesome announcement for 360 owners!!!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']It seems super ambitious. I hope they can pull it off...[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

It sounds so ambitious, in fact, that I hope they don't fold on their promises, and do something in the same vein... but entirely different. (Like Fable.)

[quote name='Brak']Yeah.

It sounds so ambitious, in fact, that I hope they don't fold on their promises, and do something in the same vein... but entirely different. (Like Fable.)[/quote]

Yeah but this is Valve we're talking about...

My biggest concern with the game is the implimentation. What happens if joe casual in single player mode decides to pause and go grab a bite to eat while you jump into his game?

[quote name='Surferflames']My biggest concern with the game is the implimentation. What happens if joe casual in single player mode decides to pause and go grab a bite to eat while you jump into his game?[/QUOTE]
There will probably be a separate campaign selection where you can have people play as the villains -- and you probably won't be able to pause in this selection.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Yeah but this is Valve we're talking about...[/QUOTE]

actually it isn't valve, they're just using the source engine. And even though the premise sounds interesting, I'm awfuly pessimistic on the scenes from the game that they've shown.

[quote name='Surferflames']My biggest concern with the game is the implimentation. What happens if joe casual in single player mode decides to pause and go grab a bite to eat while you jump into his game?[/QUOTE]

I guess he gets gang raped like in most games.

bread's done
Back