The Cursed Crusade $19.99/17.99 @ Gamestop.com and in store

wolverine81

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
For anyone interested in this game I'm not sure if this is just a sale or a drop, but it's still $40 at Amazon. It's $19.99 new and $17.99 used in store and online at Gamestop for both :ps3:PS3 and :360:XBOX360.

[quote name='RollingSkull']That didn't take long.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and it's not worth it. I wanted so badly to like it and found the demo to have its bright spots. But spending some quality time with the full title...yikes. Probably the worst game I've played this year. Embarrassing production values all around with just absolutely awful voice work and cut scenes that just go on and on and on. Game play blows chunks as well. It seems like there might be something to the combat but it's a cakewalk of a game and using different combos proves troublesome with incredibly unresponsive controls. So basically it devolves into a dull button mashing affair and seeing the same two or three finishers over and over again. It's just a complete an total failure of a game and really not worth nearly $20. Even at a $10 and under price point it's an ugly proposition.

[quote name='killthemall4444']Yeah and it's not worth it. I wanted so badly to like it and found the demo to have its bright spots. But spending some quality time with the full title...yikes. Probably the worst game I've played this year. Embarrassing production values all around with just absolutely awful voice work and cut scenes that just go on and on and on. Game play blows chunks as well. It seems like there might be something to the combat but it's a cakewalk of a game and using different combos proves troublesome with incredibly unresponsive controls. So basically it devolves into a dull button mashing affair and seeing the same two or three finishers over and over again. It's just a complete an total failure of a game and really not worth nearly $20. Even at a $10 and under price point it's an ugly proposition.[/QUOTE]

I bought the game release day without any expectations lol IDK why people are always so surprised when a game isn't super awesome and then they act all butthurt for buying it. I was under no illusions when I bought the game and I personally am having fun playing couch co-op with my brother atm because I went in not expecting much really. I ended up being pleasantly surprised since my main worry was combat after all the complaints. The combat isn't THAT bad, nothing to warrant so much hate anyways. I can see how executions might slow the game down if you are playing solo but when playing co-op your buddy is still fighting in real-time while you execute. Some people complained that there isn't much to do co-op but like I said I didn't have any expectations and found it at least isn't non-existant. Involves some button pressing together and if you "die" you can revive each other. And yes, you can die if you arn't stunning / blocking - at least on the hardest difficulty.

I'd say $20 isn't a bad price if you've been wanting to try it out / have a buddy to play with. Or else wait for it to drop lower, you won't be missing much.

[quote name='ineedanadult']I bought the game release day without any expectations lol IDK why people are always so surprised when a game isn't super awesome and then they act all butthurt for buying it. I was under no illusions when I bought the game and I personally am having fun playing couch co-op with my brother atm because I went in not expecting much really. I ended up being pleasantly surprised since my main worry was combat after all the complaints. The combat isn't THAT bad, nothing to warrant so much hate anyways. I can see how executions might slow the game down if you are playing solo but when playing co-op your buddy is still fighting in real-time while you execute. Some people complained that there isn't much to do co-op but like I said I didn't have any expectations and found it at least isn't non-existant. Involves some button pressing together and if you "die" you can revive each other. And yes, you can die if you arn't stunning / blocking - at least on the hardest difficulty.

I'd say $20 isn't a bad price if you've been wanting to try it out / have a buddy to play with. Or else wait for it to drop lower, you won't be missing much.[/QUOTE]

We are at CAG and people always blow things out of proportion. Like how people say Brink is the worst game ever made and isn't even worth $5 lol.

Personally the game was just average maybe a bit below average as the gameplay was clunky and story was bland. Co-op was a lot of fun though. If you compare the $40 spent compared to other games that came out at similar times, I would say not the best money spent.

I rented it and personally wouldn't spend $20 dollars on the game, maybe at $15. Not a bad game just not one I would go out of my way to purchase.

I bought the game release day without any expectations lol IDK why people are always so surprised when a game isn't super awesome and then they act all butthurt for buying it.
So, when you shell out for a game and it isn't good how are you supposed to react? "Yippee this is terrible!"

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']We are at CAG and people always blow things out of proportion. Like how people say Brink is the worst game ever made and isn't even worth $5 lol.

Personally the game was just average maybe a bit below average as the gameplay was clunky and story was bland. Co-op was a lot of fun though. If you compare the $40 spent compared to other games that came out at similar times, I would say not the best money spent.

I rented it and personally wouldn't spend $20 dollars on the game, maybe at $15. Not a bad game just not one I would go out of my way to purchase.[/QUOTE]

I understand that $40 is nowhere near worth it but I don't get how so many people can buy it at that price and be surprised at what they get. A quick google search and a demo should be enough.

I still don't understand why people think the gameplay is clunky / unresponsive. If you actually let your weapon(s) fully swing it seems responsive enough. You arn't queueing up attacks and your swings arn't supposed to be inhumanly fast. Hitting buttons at the correct times does the combos exactly as they should work (albeit pointless.)

But yeah, definetely not a game you need to get at $20 or even $15. It's just if you've been waitting all this time to try it with a buddy I don't see it as a terrible price.

[quote name='shurija']Thanks for the heads up, might pick it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Nice. I'm gonna price match this at Fry's tonight. Thanks op![/QUOTE]

No problem!

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']We are at CAG and people always blow things out of proportion. Like how people say Brink is the worst game ever made and isn't even worth $5 lol.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense. Here at CAG, Homefront and Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Friday the 13th and ET and Faxanadu and WWE 12 is the worst game ever made.

[quote name='iamsmart']So, when you shell out for a game and it isn't good how are you supposed to react?[/QUOTE]

Ideally by not being so bad with money the next time.

[quote name='Survivalism']Nonsense. Here at CAG, Homefront and Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Friday the 13th and ET and Faxanadu and WWE 12 is the worst game ever made..[/QUOTE]

Lol, maybe everything else can be lumped together in the same group, but Homefront had one of the better single-player fps campaigns of the year. Way better than Battlefield 3, at least.

Still need to play the demo for Cursed Crusade, but if it has couch coop I might bite. There really aren't enough games that do that anymore.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']We are at CAG and people always blow things out of proportion. Like how people say Brink is the worst game ever made and isn't even worth $5 lol.
[/QUOTE]

This forum's full of elitist "F--- them, f--- you and f--- this game, I'll buy it when it's $5 cause I piss wine and I'm the s---" gamers, for better or for worse... If you haven't noticed it yet, you will. Plenty of modesty resides here, but the egotism and condescension will make your eyes water sometimes, particularly when an average game drops in price but it's still more money than a McD's value meal.

[quote name='Survivalism']Nonsense. Here at CAG, Homefront and Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Friday the 13th and ET and Faxanadu and WWE 12 is the worst game ever made.[/QUOTE]
Dissing WWE 12 is not cool bro. Not cool.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Still need to play the demo for Cursed Crusade, but if it has couch coop I might bite. There really aren't enough games that do that anymore.[/QUOTE]

It has couch coop and it is excellent if you realize this is a B game for a B price. In the full game each player gets rated on how they did in the level so there's plenty of friendly competition, and I couldn't stop laughing at trying to pick up weapons faster than my partner, or getting higher combos, stealing kills, etc. You might want to set it to hard difficulty if you and a friend are decent players.

Just be aware the demo starts out with an incredibly boring siege sequence. Takes a few minutes but feels like hours. If you get past that and like the combat, weapons, dialogue, and boss fight then the rough edges fade away and it's an easy recommendation. It's also on Steam but still at full price.

[quote name='Survivalism']Nonsense. Here at CAG, Homefront and Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Friday the 13th and ET and Faxanadu and WWE 12 is the worst game ever made.

Ideally by not being so bad with money the next time.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa... you lost credibility after you said Faxanadu. Having said that, I'll hold out until Cursed Crusade hits $5.

[quote name='Survivalism']Nonsense. Here at CAG, Homefront and Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Friday the 13th and ET and Faxanadu and WWE 12 is the worst game ever made.[/QUOTE]

WWE 12 is great Broski

tried to pm at bestbuy, they didnt have any copies. im not going into gamestop and i cant order online, so i guess im passing on this

[quote name='Velo214']tried to pm at bestbuy, they didnt have any copies. im not going into gamestop and i cant order online, so i guess im passing on this[/QUOTE]

Have a fry's near you? Worked for me.

You forgot Duke Nukem Forever, which some people around here swear is 'omg teh worst'.:roll:

[quote name='sneezebu']If you buy this game on purpose, you're a moron. It isn't saving money if you come home with a game this bad.[/QUOTE]

Have you played it?

[quote name='sneezebu']If you buy this game on purpose, you're a moron. It isn't saving money if you come home with a game this bad.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the detailed and informative post as to WHY this game is so very bad. It really sheds a lot of light on why so many are hating on this game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks for the detailed and informative post as to WHY this game is so very bad. It really sheds a lot of light on why so many are hating on this game.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

It’s a hell of a lot better than those reviews would indicate and after playing the full game for a few hours I’m not entirely certain why it was lambasted.

Even more mystifying is that The Last Templar got better reviews even though this game has far superior combat and much better production values. I made the mistake of buying Templar at launch and was bored. By contrast this game is gory and fun and the combat has a heft and weight that feels pretty good.

If you like hack’n slashers you’ll get some fun out of this. I really enjoyed the demo but stayed away from the full game after those scathingly horrible reviews. However, as is often the case, those reviews weren’t indicative of the actual game and while this is certainly lower tier type software it’s still damn fun, especially for enthusiasts of the genre.

Was the Last Templar better than the First Templar? :) It would have to be if only the secondary player Templar wouldn't pound his fist into his palm in almost every single cutscene he is in. And maybe in the Last Templar, if they show a character on the cover art holding a weapon, they could have the common courtesy of letting said character actually have that weapon in the game.

My wife liked the First Templar as a co-op, so I'll probably get two copies of Cursed when it hits $10 or so used or new.

bread's done
Back